This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Movie Sued over "Bee-otch" Air Freshener

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers Movie Sued over

Postby Powermaster Jazz » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:37 pm

She should continue to sell the air fresheners, but add the Transformers logo on the packaging. She'll definitely sell more. Turnabout is fair play after all. :grin: If she really created it in 2002, I think she deserves to be paid for its use in the movie.
Powermaster Jazz
Vehicon
News Credits: 8

Postby dragons » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:26 pm

how sad poeple are idiotic they will do anything to try to get free money even lower them shelves as something stupid lawsuits like this one to try and get money poeple are sue happy i read somewhere some guy is suing mtv for the rights of the jacka$$ name stating the mtv used his name which is jacka$$ for the title of the show and the movies without his permission you need to be called a jacka$$ for suing something dumb like that.

it took her this long to file a lawsuit for this airfreshiner lawsuit probably would not have happend if transformers sucked at the boxoffice but with the popularity the film has made she decides to sue since the movie made that much money in the first place.
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby CInemastique » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:05 pm

Dragons, I think you're thinking of the Chili Peppers suing for the use of "Californication" as the name of a show. No one's sure exactly what the rules are in that case, either.
CInemastique
Mini-Con

Postby Phenotype » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:49 pm

You people make me sick. What the hell is wrong with you lot? Someone created something, the movie studio used it without her permission, repackaged it and sold it as their own, and now she's suing and you are all attacking her? How dumb could you possibly be?

Some of you said her sales have increased so she shouldn't complain. What about all of the air fresheners Dreamworks sold that she didn't get a penny from?

Some of you said she should have known what the movie studio was using them for. It's not like they called her up and said, "This is Dreamworks, we need a bunch of these for a movie". I'm sure she probably didn't even realize who had bought them until she went about researching her lawsuit.

Some of you really need to check yourselves, if you create something and someone else steals it and sells it as their own it's pretty freaking obvious that you are entitled to sue them over it.
Phenotype
Vehicon

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:52 pm

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Sherade wrote:People will sue for anything, won't they?
It's an air freshener for goodness sakes.

Not only that, but it's happening now: not only after the DVD has been out a while, it's today is still the day after Christmas where I am. Some clever idea of Christmas spirit, eh?

This thing's got bunk written all over it.
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby AbsumZer0 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:31 am

BlackOut2K8 wrote:People today are always looking for something to sue over, it ain't like Dreamworks is making replicas of the freaken air freshener and selling them under their own name. The case mat be thrown out due to lack of evidence towards damages or she may get way less because Dreamworks aren't claiming its their design.

Uhhhh... http://p206.ezboard.com/fthepaddedcell7 ... 4896.topic . Notice the 'Hasbro' and 'Dreamworks' on the package? This is what's referred to in the OP article where it states: "DreamWorks bought several air fresheners from her, but never asked permission to sell their own version of it."

I think the thing is tacky as all hell, but it's basic copyright law. It's IP theft and she's entitled to damages. I don't see why the hell so many posters have difficulty understanding this.
AbsumZer0
Headmaster Jr

Postby Sherade » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:31 am

Seibertron wrote:I hope that you would sue as well if your idea was stolen and prominently featured in a major blockbuster movie and sold as an official product without getting any credit or funds for an idea that you created. If her story is true, then by all means she deserves something for it.

Not like something as trivial as an air freshener. How many people actually buy those?
Now, if I built something important, like a toaster that butters bread for you, I'd sue the hell out of someone.
But not an air freshener.
That's a waste of time.
previousPrime wrote:The clock guy has impressive testicles.
Sherade
City Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby TaiPoh » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:55 am

As far as I'm concerned if they stole her design and used it to make money without her permission or even crediting her, she's got every right to sue them. I'm an art student and I don't take art theft lightly.
TaiPoh
Minibot

Postby Gutter Bunny » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:12 pm

TaiPoh wrote:As far as I'm concerned if they stole her design and used it to make money without her permission or even crediting her, she's got every right to sue them. I'm an art student and I don't take art theft lightly.

well...i'm not an art student and i completely agree with you.

If her claims are legit, she has every right to sue them. Big companies know better.
Gutter Bunny
Brainmaster

Postby Phenotype » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:39 pm

Sherade wrote:Not like something as trivial as an air freshener. How many people actually buy those?
Now, if I built something important, like a toaster that butters bread for you, I'd sue the hell out of someone.
That's a waste of time.

Are you kidding? You're actually this stupid are you? It doesn't matter how many people buy them, that's irrelevent. She created something which Dreamworks stole and sold as their own without giving her anything for it. This is pretty freakin' simple to understand.
Phenotype
Vehicon

Postby burn0u7 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:08 pm

Phenotype wrote:
Sherade wrote:Not like something as trivial as an air freshener. How many people actually buy those?
That's a waste of time.

Are you kidding? You're actually this stupid are you? It doesn't matter how many people buy them, that's irrelevent. She created something which Dreamworks stole and sold as their own without giving her anything for it. This is pretty freakin' simple to understand.

Awww jesus tits guys. go do something constructive with your lives like clean up the environment, go help a neighbor, go volunteer at some homeless shelter. stop bickering and bitching about some stupid lady that is sueing dreamworks cause she SAYS they didnt ask her permission or any of that. yeah if this is true, they should say "Yeah, you know what? we screwed up so we owe you some jack. here's your non inflated check." it's not cool to take stuff and not pay for it but we have bigger things in life to bitch about and start making differences out there.
burn0u7
Mini-Con

Postby ***Galvatron*** » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:14 pm

Sherade wrote:
Seibertron wrote:I hope that you would sue as well if your idea was stolen and prominently featured in a major blockbuster movie and sold as an official product without getting any credit or funds for an idea that you created. If her story is true, then by all means she deserves something for it.

Not like something as trivial as an air freshener. How many people actually buy those?
That's a waste of time

The point of the lawsuit if she has legal merit is not the overall importance to the benefit of mankind but someones creation or intellectual property was stolen or used in a manner where the contents owner or creator was not fairly compensated.
When you create that toaster that butters everyones bread let me know and I'll take it and claim it was my idea and take in all the profits, it's the exact same thing regardless. :P
***Galvatron*** wrote:Fox Mulder ? ummm, your meds must be lapsing! :P

:mrgreen:

moldavite wrote:Nope, I'm not on any medication. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I have a margarita about once every four months. I'm as sober as they come. I'm NOT joking! What I tell you is the truth. Mulder and Scully will be in TF2! Just wait and you'll see....
***Galvatron***
Pretender

Postby ***Galvatron*** » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:18 pm

burn0u7 wrote:
Phenotype wrote:
That's a waste of time.

Awww jesus tits guys. go do something constructive with your lives like clean up the environment, go help a neighbor, go volunteer at some homeless shelter. stop bickering and bitching about some stupid lady that is sueing dreamworks cause she SAYS they didnt ask her permission or any of that. yeah if this is true, they should say "Yeah, you know what? we screwed up so we owe you some jack. here's your non inflated check." it's not cool to take stuff and not pay for it but we have bigger things in life to bitch about and start making differences out there.

I don't think you are qualified to tell people what they should do with their lives nor do you know what people do, I DO volunteer in a lot of activities not to mention this is a general topic forum so it's fair game.

moldavite wrote:Nope, I'm not on any medication. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I have a margarita about once every four months. I'm as sober as they come. I'm NOT joking! What I tell you is the truth. Mulder and Scully will be in TF2! Just wait and you'll see....
***Galvatron***
Pretender

Postby Cyber Bishop » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:59 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
She'll sue and they will offer a settlement so the whole situation disappears.
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby NuclearConvoy » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:58 pm

Cyber Bishop wrote:She'll sue and they will offer a settlement so the whole situation disappears.

Exactly.

And, CyBishop, I love your sig. Damn funny, Undead Terrorist!
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby Snowtron » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:54 pm

Raymond t. wrote:
bitchNo,... It's "Bee-otch"...

You said it what a Bee-otch.

See just doing it to make some money and get some atention I'm so pissed off with her she's being such a @!*#&
Snowtron
Vehicon

Postby Burn » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:12 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Snowtron wrote:See just doing it to make some money and get some atention I'm so pissed off with her she's being such a @!*#&

Why are you angry at her?

Has she done something that has caused you grief? Made you lose sleep? Made you lose money?

Oh wait, that's what Dreamworks have done to her.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Sherade » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:17 am

I'm gonna reply to some comments sprouted from my above statement:
Phenoype: You are in no position to call mw stupid. I don't want to stoop to your level, but if you want to startr a flame war I'll have to oblige. Because that's apparently what you want.
Burn0u7:
What Galvatron said...you realy don't know what we do.
But your point remains the same.
Galvatron: (and your random assortment of ****)
I caree little for law or the government. Just like I'll care little for speed limits when I get my car.

BTW, don't get your hopes up on that toaster. :P

Anyhow, my point stands.
It's an air freshener.
And you all say "but it's her propperty...", so here's what I think. If I was desinging air fresheners to start, I should:
1. Rethink my life plans.
2. Hope I'm working for a larger company who exports to smaller companies or just happens to be the biggest Air Freshener company in the world.
3. There's a slight chance that I'd be happy with my job, taking what I get.

Sorry to sound jerky, but our friend Phenotype didn't really set the mood.
Sherade
City Commander

Postby Robinson » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:36 pm

This is her version. With a copyright of '04. The version that someone linked to earlier was indeed a promotional one and not sold. I dont think I've seen any of them sold in stores under the transformers banner, and a quick search online brings up her version.

Whether or not she's got a legit case is to be determined. Most likely she will have to go after the company that produced the item for the actual infringement.

Edit: After doing a little digging I have found what I looks like this ladies livejournal and looking at the different posts I found one regarding the merchandising show she attended in june of 2005. All she could talk about was the WWE guys that were there, nothing about Transformers. This either happened in 05 or 06 and she's done nothing until now after seeing the money the movie made and want's some of it.
Robinson
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Burn » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:18 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Sherade wrote:If I was desinging air fresheners to start, I should:

Remind me again who you are to go around judging people like this?

Maybe her hobby is collecting air-freshners (not so weird sounding when you look at some of the other things people collect, like those adults who collect children's toys that transform from one thing to another) and she's trying to earn a little money from her hobby.

Why the hell would someone who's turning their hobby into a money making venture want to rethink their life plans?

Honestly, some of the childish and ignorant comments in this thread (no Sherade, i'm not singling you out with this so don't get your goat up) seem to stem from the "OH NOES!111!! THEYS THREATENINGS MY PRECIOUS TRANSFORMERS!11!!111 I MUST DEFENDS IT LIKES THE GREATZ FANBOY THAT I IZ!!11!!" mentality.

Some people really need to try to look at the bigger picture ...
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Robinson » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:57 pm

Also she doesnt just design air fresheners. She is an artist that has many designs of things sold at hot topic and a few other places, some of wich you may already own.
Robinson
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby ***Galvatron*** » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:25 pm

Sherade wrote:I'm gonna reply to some comments sprouted from my above statement:
Phenoype: You are in no position to call mw stupid. I don't want to stoop to your level, but if you want to startr a flame war I'll have to oblige. Because that's apparently what you want.
Burn0u7:
I caree little for law or the government. Just like I'll care little for speed limits when I get my car.

BTW, don't get your hopes up on that toaster.
:P

Anyhow, my point stands.
It's an air freshener.
And you all say "but it's her propperty...", so here's what I think. If I was desinging air fresheners to start, I should:
2. Hope I'm working for a larger company who exports to smaller companies or just happens to be the biggest Air Freshener company in the world.

Random Sh*t ? please, you whine of flaming against yourself from other members yet turn around and do the same thing to everyone else so your a hypocrite as well as naive.

As far as ignoring the traffic laws go for it and when you make it into the cuffs of the local authorities or wind up with speeding tickets because you think you can thumb your nose at society then I say go for it, you'll see where that attitude gets you in life.

As far as me getting my hopes up on the toaster obviously that flew right over your head as I was using it as an example and not thinking you were going to build one, not that I even think you are capable of any such "talent". :roll:

The ignore feature of this site is a handy feature to say the least and I will be utilizing it starting with you.

***Galvatron***
Pretender

Postby Cyber Bishop » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:28 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Enough of the flames and insults or the thread gets locked and warnings get handed out.
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby Sherade » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:32 pm

***Galvatron*** wrote:
Sherade wrote:I'm gonna reply to some comments sprouted from my above statement:
Burn0u7:

BTW, don't get your hopes up on that toaster.
:P

Anyhow, my point stands.
It's an air freshener.

Random Sh*t ? please, you whine of flaming against yourself from other members yet turn around and do the same thing to everyone else so your a hypocrite as well as naive.

As far as ignoring the traffic laws go for it and when you make it into the cuffs of the local authorities or wind up with speeding tickets because you think you can thumb your nose at society then I say go for it, you'll see where that attitude gets you in life.

As far as me getting my hopes up on the toaster obviously that flew right over your head as I was using it as an example and not thinking you were going to build one, not that I even think you are capable of any such "talent". :roll:

The ignore feature of this site is a handy feature to say the least and I will be utilizing it starting with you.

I was talking about the "*" in your name. I didn't mean that.
Sherade
City Commander

Postby Sherade » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:42 pm

Burn wrote:
Sherade wrote:If I was desinging air fresheners to start, I should:

Remind me again who you are to go around judging people like this?

Maybe her hobby is collecting air-freshners [size=50](not so weird sounding when you look at some of the other things

Honestly, some of the childish and ignorant comments in this thread (no Sherade, i'm not singling you out with this so don't get your goat up) seem to stem from the "OH NOES!111!! THEYS THREATENINGS MY PRECIOUS TRANSFORMERS!11!!111 I MUST DEFENDS IT LIKES THE GREATZ FANBOY THAT I IZ!!11!!" mentality.

Some people really need to try to look at the bigger picture ...

(I tried to delete what I wasn't responding to, but it takes too long on the Wii)
Now, I can understand the hobby thing, but I think suing is just over the line. You made me think about my earlier comment, but still, point taken.
Sherade
City Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VECTOR PRIME METALHAWK Transformers Power Primes Prime Master POTP 2017 New"
VECTOR PRIME METAL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classics Deluxe complete Hasbro 2006 230920A"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #4 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926W"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNIFICUS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2023 New"
MAGNIFICUS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon RAMP (RIGHT HIP) Transformers Titans Return part accs 2017 230817E"
NEW!
Trypticon RAMP (RI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformer Combiner Wars Generations complete +box Leader 2015 230325A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Generations Alt-Modes Series 1 Hasbro 2016"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Universe Spy Changer complete Hasbro 2005 230821A"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS13 HUBCAP Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-GS13 HUBCAP Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MICRONUS CLOUDBURST Transformers Power Primes Prime Master POTP 2017 230713B"
MICRONUS CLOUDBURS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOTORMASTER Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Menasor 2015 230903A"
MOTORMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TURBO TRACKS Transformers Generations Reveal Shield Deluxe complete 2010 230809A"
NEW!
TURBO TRACKS Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230903A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON