This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons Rising Abominus Set Sighted at Retail

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons Rising Abominus Set Sighted at Retail

Postby El Duque » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:06 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Seibertron.com staff member robofreak found and purchased the Target exclusive Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising Abominus set today in Tempe, Arizona. The set features all five Cyberverse Legions Class Terrocons: Hun-Grrr, Windrazor, Rippersnapper, Blight, and Twinstrike. Each figure comes in different deco compared to the mass retail release including some translucent plastics. Happy hunting!

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons Rising Abominus Set Sighted at Retail

Postby RAcast » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:20 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
I.
Cannot.
WAIT.

I haven't had any of the TerrorPreds in hand yet, and I'm really looking forward to the box set.

I'm glad that they look decidedly less pastel-shade in hand. I'm SUPER excited. :grin:
Old fasioned games!
And new fashioned friends!
Come on everybody this is Ta-ble Flip!
RAcast
City Commander
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons Rising Abominus Set Sighted at Retail

Postby Noideaforaname » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:26 pm

That box is excessively large...

Not liking the colors or use of clear plastics, so I went and got the regular release Terrorcons (sans Hun-Gurrr) off HTS, since I can't find them ANYWHERE.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby RAcast » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:34 pm

Noideaforaname wrote:That box is excessively large...

Not liking the colors or use of clear plastics, so I went and got the regular release Terrorcons (sans Hun-Gurrr) off HTS, since I can't find them ANYWHERE.

I agree that the box is completely ridiculous, but it looks pretty good, and the translucent bits look pretty spiffy to me. And as an added bonus, it's $5(+tax) cheaper buying the box set. :lol: Makes it an easy decision for me!
Old fasioned games!
RAcast
City Commander

Postby ScottyP » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:49 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
This stuff is coming out fast and furious! Only not in NC.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Megatron Wolf » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:33 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
ScottyP wrote:This stuff is coming out fast and furious! Only not in NC.

or NY, stopped by target today hoping i might find this but all they had were the same 5 figures they had for the past 2 months. But how much does this go for? Cant make out the price on the reciept
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby RAcast » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:39 pm

Megatron Wolf wrote:
ScottyP wrote:This stuff is coming out fast and furious! Only not in NC.

or NY, stopped by target today hoping i might find this but all they had were the same 5 figures they had for the past 2 months. But how much does this go for? Cant make out the price on the reciept

$25, which is $5 less than buying them individually carded.
Old fasioned games!
RAcast
City Commander

Postby Fiasco_One » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:47 pm

It's nice to be able to get the other three terrorcons without jumping through hoops. I'm pretty sure I'm never going to see them at retail outside of this set. Also, Noideaforaname I have an extra Hun-grrr if you are interested. Leave me an email if you like.
Fiasco_One
Mini-Con

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:53 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Let's cut to the chase, does it come with instructions on how to combine the figures?
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 316
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Metrosuplex » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:05 pm

Motto: ""Nothing so liberates the heart as when a fool awakens from his folly.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Ehhhh... don't get too excited... :BANG_HEAD:

These figures feel incredibly CHEAP. :-x My Rippersnapper (individually bought from HTS), for example, has a very loose head piece - it's on a swivel, and just pops off constantly. #-o

I really want to like this set, but the quality is amazingly poor. :-( Generally, you see this with all the Legion classes - sometimes they're solid, other times they're pretty broken. For example, Legion Wheeljack - I have one where the legs pop off and will not stay on, and the other copy is just fine. :BANG_HEAD:

HasTak really blew it with this scale. I can forgive the diminutive size, but the Legion figures (overall) are not good, reliable quality. They're incredibly fragile, and like I mentioned, the joints aren't always well-attached.

Abominus was the only combiner I had as a kid, so I'll still get this set for nostalgia. But I won't be getting a second set to keep sealed/display. I'm very disappointed with these figures, after waiting for so long. :sad:
Words from the wise:
GuyIncognito - "MetroSUplex, do you understand inflation? I'm guessing not."
Metrosuplex
Combiner
Strength: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8

Postby RAcast » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:22 am

Metrosuplex wrote:Ehhhh... don't get too excited... :BANG_HEAD:

These figures feel incredibly CHEAP. :-x My Rippersnapper (individually bought from HTS), for example, has a very loose head piece - it's on a swivel, and just pops off constantly. #-o

I really want to like this set, but the quality is amazingly poor. :-( Generally, you see this with all the Legion classes - sometimes they're solid, other times they're pretty broken. For example, Legion Wheeljack - I have one where the legs pop off and will not stay on, and the other copy is just fine. :BANG_HEAD:

HasTak really blew it with this scale. I can forgive the diminutive size, but the Legion figures (overall) are not good, reliable quality. They're incredibly fragile, and like I mentioned, the joints aren't always well-attached.

Abominus was the only combiner I had as a kid, so I'll still get this set for nostalgia. But I won't be getting a second set to keep sealed/display. I'm very disappointed with these figures, after waiting for so long. :sad:

I've heard about the issue with the heads popping off. From the consistency of it, I would assume it's a design flaw, not a QC thing.

And I've had no issues with quality of the recent Legion figures; I think they're fantastic, in fact. Most of them have better quality than most of the deluxes they've given us since the beginning of the PRiD line! Sounds like you've just had a touch of bad luck with your Legion Wheeljack, but that's also an easy fix, just apply some clear nail polish to the ball part of the ball joint.

If anything, HasTak has really blown it out of the park with the Legion/Commander things. The quality has been pretty reliable, and I've heard very few complaints outside of your own, they really aren't fragile as long as you don't do something you obviously shouldn't be doing (though, obviously I can't speak for the Terrorpreds in particular, not having any of them and knowing only what I've heard from reviews and others), and the latter is a QC thing and can happen from time to time in any size class.
Old fasioned games!
RAcast
City Commander

Postby Metrosuplex » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:27 am

Motto: ""Nothing so liberates the heart as when a fool awakens from his folly.""
RAcast wrote:I've heard about the issue with the heads popping off. From the consistency of it, I would assume it's a design flaw, not a QC thing.

And I've had no issues with quality of the recent Legion figures; I think they're fantastic, in fact. Most of them have better quality than most of the deluxes they've given us since the beginning of the PRiD line! Sounds like you've just had a touch of bad luck with your Legion Wheeljack, but that's also an easy fix, just apply some clear nail polish to the ball part of the ball joint.

If anything, HasTak has really blown it out of the park with the Legion/Commander things. The quality has been pretty reliable, and I've heard very few complaints outside of your own, they really aren't fragile as long as you don't do something you obviously shouldn't be doing (though, obviously I can't speak for the Terrorpreds in particular, not having any of them and knowing only what I've heard from reviews and others), and the latter is a QC thing and can happen from time to time in any size class.

Thanks for the reply - I've heard of the nail polish trick but haven't tried it yet. Not really looking forward to buying nail polish to fix a design flaw or QC issue... :roll:

I think you're mistaken about the Legions/Commanders. Did you do a 2 yr old test? :roll: My kid can destroy the Legions/Commanders in SECONDS. :shock: The Deluxes stay in one piece. It speaks of the fragility of the lines, as I commented about earlier. Put frankly, there's less plastic and thinner plastic joints on the small figures - it's not a matter of opinion, but a simple matter of physics. Less mass = less solidity. :D

And I'm not even talking about snapping pieces - luckily, that hasn't happened yet. But the Wheeljack in question was only $3 (FiveBelow), so I wonder if it had something to do with the quality of products sent to the discount shops. Maybe it's coincidence, but I wonder... :-?

Anyway, I will try the nail polish trick with Rippersnapper, and see if it helps. Thanks for the suggestion! :BOWDOWN:
Words from the wise:
Metrosuplex
Combiner

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:30 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Metrosuplex wrote:I think you're mistaken about the Legions/Commanders. Did you do a 2 yr old test? :roll:

You'd give them to a 2-year-old? They say 5+ for a reason :roll:
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Skill: 5

Postby MGrotusque » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:56 pm

Yuck....the original release colourways are waaaay better. That baby blue on Sinnertwin and Cutthroat looks cheesy. The clear plastics don't do it for me either.
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby reluttr » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Does anyone know the number that will let you see if they have it online?
reluttr
Mini-Con

Postby Metrosuplex » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:18 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Metrosuplex wrote:I think you're mistaken about the Legions/Commanders. Did you do a 2 yr old test? :roll:

You'd give them to a 2-year-old? They say 5+ for a reason :roll:

"Adult supervision required"? :roll: Your comment says much about you ;) - you don't so much "give" your TF's to your 2 yr old, as much as they TAKE your TF's from you! :lol:
Words from the wise:
Metrosuplex
Combiner

Postby chaosmage42 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:22 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
does anyone know if this is worth getting at all -im torn -i love combiners but i don't like cyberverse figure -ive bought a total of 1 and only because its an insecticon and i like having cannon fodder -for the times i set up one bot killing multiple cons it looks better when thier the same grunts -hence why i bought 4 vechicons from prime
chaosmage42
Minibot
Watch chaosmage42 on YouTube
Buy from chaosmage42 on eBay
Strength: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: Infinity

Postby RAcast » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:25 pm

chaosmage42 wrote:does anyone know if this is worth getting at all -im torn -i love combiners but i don't like cyberverse figure -ive bought a total of 1 and only because its an insecticon and i like having cannon fodder -for the times i set up one bot killing multiple cons it looks better when thier the same grunts -hence why i bought 4 vechicons from prime

They're Mini-cons, not Legions. ;)
Old fasioned games!
RAcast
City Commander

Postby El Duque » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:12 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Reports of the Target exclusive Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising figures appearing at retail started circulating a couple of weeks ago, and now we thanks to Seibertron.com Bounti76 have finally have some photographic proof. Bounti76 picked up Voyager Dark Steel, Deluxe Sky Lynx, and the Cyberverse Smokescreen vs. Cindersaur set up at a Super Target in Centerville, Utah.

Seibertron.com staffer robofreak picked up the Predacons Rising Abominus set last week.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Superwheeljack » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:14 am

Motto: "The problem with loyalty to a cause is, that the cause will always betray you"
Weapon: Accelerator Rifle
I want those two. They're the ones I'm betting on to be in Predacons rising tv movie.
who needs grimwing, when you have an epic Darksteal!
"This isn't how the story's supposed to end."
—Smokescreen giving a middle finger to the tried and true leadership inheritance patterns.

"You do know that I vanquished Cliffjumper, don't you?"
"Big whoop. I snuffed Hardshell."
—Starscream finally gets his "I killed Cliffjumper" boast shut down by Miko.
Superwheeljack
Vehicon
News Credits: 34
Watch Superwheeljack on YouTube
Skill: 10+

Postby Noideaforaname » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:32 am

Dumb question, but where in Target are these things located? With the rest of the TF stuff, or in it's own little section/endcap?
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons Rising Abominus Set Sighted at Retai

Postby Bounti76 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:47 am

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Noideaforaname wrote:Dumb question, but where in Target are these things located? With the rest of the TF stuff, or in it's own little section/endcap?

I didn't see them out on shelves... I had the DPCI (Target inventory numbers) codes, and punched them in to a price scanner. They all came up except for Abominus. Then I just asked an employee, and they brought out the cases for me to pick from. I didn't get the Bumblebee vs. Blight pack, the Bumblebee deluxe, or the Predaking repaint, because they weren't that interesting to me.

So in answer to your question, you may have to have the DPCI codes and ask an employee if you don't see them on shelves.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 374
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 6

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons

Postby Bounti76 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:00 am

Which are... (I'm a little scatterbrained this morning)

Cyberverse packs: 087-06-2429
Deluxe: 087-06-2427
Voyager: 087-06-2428
Bounti76
News Staff

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons

Postby Superwheeljack » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:05 am

Motto: "The problem with loyalty to a cause is, that the cause will always betray you"
Weapon: Accelerator Rifle
Bounti76 wrote:Which are... (I'm a little scatterbrained this morning)

What about abonimus? Is that 087-06-2429?
"This isn't how the story's supposed to end."
—Smokescreen giving a middle finger to the tried and true leadership inheritance patterns.

"You do know that I vanquished Cliffjumper, don't you?"
"Big whoop. I snuffed Hardshell."
—Starscream finally gets his "I killed Cliffjumper" boast shut down by Miko.
Superwheeljack
Vehicon
News Credits: 34
Watch Superwheeljack on YouTube
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons Rising Abominus Set Sighted at Retai

Postby Bounti76 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:28 am

Superwheeljack wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:Which are... (I'm a little scatterbrained this morning)

What about abonimus? Is that 087-06-2429?

Oh, I forgot to include him, since he wasn't even in the stock room. The 2429 is for the two packs of Smokescreen vs Cindersaur and Bumblebee vs Blight. Abominus is 2431.
Bounti76
News Staff

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr T 1:50 Dynamite Comics MAY230492 1T (CA) Danino"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #140 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 APR231609 140B Ninja Turtles Ongoing (CA)Eastman"
TMNT #140 Cvr B ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #140 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 APR231608 140A Ninja Turtles Ongoing (CA) Smith"
TMNT #140 Cvr A ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #5 Cvr I 1:15 Dynamite Comics Disney FEB230520 5I (CA) Nakayama"
GARGOYLES #5 Cvr I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #4 Cvr E RI 1:50 IDW Comics APR231623 4E Petersen"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #2 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2023 JUN230663 2D (CA) Danino"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "USAGI YOJIMBO #27 IDW Comics 2022 JAN220498 (W/A/CA) Sakai"
USAGI YOJIMBO #27 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #140 Cvr C 1:10 IDW Comics APR231610 140C Ninja Turtles Ongoing (CA) Reis"
TMNT #140 Cvr C 1: ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #146 Cvr C 1:10 RI IDW Comics OCT231351 146C Turtles Ongoing (CA) Rossmo"
TMNT #146 Cvr C 1: ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #6 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney MAR230497 6E (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES #6 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Power Rangers UNLIMITED COINLESS #1 Cvr B foil Boom Studios Comics APR230355 1B"
Power Rangers UNLI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JUN221665 1RI (CA) Qualano"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #112 Cvr G 1:75 Boom Studios Comics JUL230124 112G"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JENNIFER BLOOD #3 Cvr L FOC TMNT Homage Dynamite Comics 2021 AUG218979 3L Haeser"
JENNIFER BLOOD #3 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON