Transformers News: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons Rising Abominus Set Sighted at Retail

Monday, July 15th, 2013 8:11PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 23,664

Seibertron.com staff member robofreak found and purchased the Target exclusive Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising Abominus set today in Tempe, Arizona. The set features all five Cyberverse Legions Class Terrocons: Hun-Grrr, Windrazor, Rippersnapper, Blight, and Twinstrike. Each figure comes in different deco compared to the mass retail release including some translucent plastics. Happy hunting!

Credit(s): robofreak

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons Rising Abominus Set Sighted at Retail (1503502)
Posted by RAcast on July 15th, 2013 @ 8:20pm CDT
I.
Cannot.
WAIT.

I haven't had any of the TerrorPreds in hand yet, and I'm really looking forward to the box set.

I'm glad that they look decidedly less pastel-shade in hand. I'm SUPER excited. :grin:
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons Rising Abominus Set Sighted at Retail (1503505)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 15th, 2013 @ 8:26pm CDT
That box is excessively large...

Not liking the colors or use of clear plastics, so I went and got the regular release Terrorcons (sans Hun-Gurrr) off HTS, since I can't find them ANYWHERE.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons Rising Abominus Set Sighted at Retail (1503507)
Posted by RAcast on July 15th, 2013 @ 8:34pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:That box is excessively large...

I agree that the box is completely ridiculous, but it looks pretty good, and the translucent bits look pretty spiffy to me. And as an added bonus, it's $5(+tax) cheaper buying the box set. :lol: Makes it an easy decision for me!
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons Rising Abominus Set Sighted at Retail (1503513)
Posted by ScottyP on July 15th, 2013 @ 8:49pm CDT
This stuff is coming out fast and furious! Only not in NC.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons Rising Abominus Set Sighted at Retail (1503523)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 15th, 2013 @ 9:33pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:This stuff is coming out fast and furious! Only not in NC.

or NY, stopped by target today hoping i might find this but all they had were the same 5 figures they had for the past 2 months. But how much does this go for? Cant make out the price on the reciept
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons Rising Abominus Set Sighted at Retail (1503527)
Posted by RAcast on July 15th, 2013 @ 9:39pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:
ScottyP wrote:This stuff is coming out fast and furious! Only not in NC.

$25, which is $5 less than buying them individually carded.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons Rising Abominus Set Sighted at Retail (1503546)
Posted by Fiasco_One on July 15th, 2013 @ 10:47pm CDT
It's nice to be able to get the other three terrorcons without jumping through hoops. I'm pretty sure I'm never going to see them at retail outside of this set. Also, Noideaforaname I have an extra Hun-grrr if you are interested. Leave me an email if you like.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons Rising Abominus Set Sighted at Retail (1503556)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 15th, 2013 @ 11:53pm CDT
Let's cut to the chase, does it come with instructions on how to combine the figures?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons Rising Abominus Set Sighted at Retail (1503558)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 16th, 2013 @ 12:05am CDT
Ehhhh... don't get too excited... :BANG_HEAD:

These figures feel incredibly CHEAP. :-x My Rippersnapper (individually bought from HTS), for example, has a very loose head piece - it's on a swivel, and just pops off constantly. #-o

I really want to like this set, but the quality is amazingly poor. :-( Generally, you see this with all the Legion classes - sometimes they're solid, other times they're pretty broken. For example, Legion Wheeljack - I have one where the legs pop off and will not stay on, and the other copy is just fine. :BANG_HEAD:

HasTak really blew it with this scale. I can forgive the diminutive size, but the Legion figures (overall) are not good, reliable quality. They're incredibly fragile, and like I mentioned, the joints aren't always well-attached.

Abominus was the only combiner I had as a kid, so I'll still get this set for nostalgia. But I won't be getting a second set to keep sealed/display. I'm very disappointed with these figures, after waiting for so long. :sad:
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons Rising Abominus Set Sighted at Retail (1503665)
Posted by RAcast on July 16th, 2013 @ 10:22am CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:Ehhhh... don't get too excited... :BANG_HEAD:

And I've had no issues with quality of the recent Legion figures; I think they're fantastic, in fact. Most of them have better quality than most of the deluxes they've given us since the beginning of the PRiD line! Sounds like you've just had a touch of bad luck with your Legion Wheeljack, but that's also an easy fix, just apply some clear nail polish to the ball part of the ball joint.

If anything, HasTak has really blown it out of the park with the Legion/Commander things. The quality has been pretty reliable, and I've heard very few complaints outside of your own, they really aren't fragile as long as you don't do something you obviously shouldn't be doing (though, obviously I can't speak for the Terrorpreds in particular, not having any of them and knowing only what I've heard from reviews and others), and the latter is a QC thing and can happen from time to time in any size class.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons Rising Abominus Set Sighted at Retail (1503692)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 16th, 2013 @ 12:27pm CDT
RAcast wrote:I've heard about the issue with the heads popping off. From the consistency of it, I would assume it's a design flaw, not a QC thing.

Thanks for the reply - I've heard of the nail polish trick but haven't tried it yet. Not really looking forward to buying nail polish to fix a design flaw or QC issue... :roll:

I think you're mistaken about the Legions/Commanders. Did you do a 2 yr old test? :roll: My kid can destroy the Legions/Commanders in SECONDS. :shock: The Deluxes stay in one piece. It speaks of the fragility of the lines, as I commented about earlier. Put frankly, there's less plastic and thinner plastic joints on the small figures - it's not a matter of opinion, but a simple matter of physics. Less mass = less solidity. :D

And I'm not even talking about snapping pieces - luckily, that hasn't happened yet. But the Wheeljack in question was only $3 (FiveBelow), so I wonder if it had something to do with the quality of products sent to the discount shops. Maybe it's coincidence, but I wonder... :-?

Anyway, I will try the nail polish trick with Rippersnapper, and see if it helps. Thanks for the suggestion! :BOWDOWN:
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons Rising Abominus Set Sighted at Retail (1503694)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 16th, 2013 @ 12:30pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:I think you're mistaken about the Legions/Commanders. Did you do a 2 yr old test? :roll:

You'd give them to a 2-year-old? They say 5+ for a reason :roll:
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons Rising Abominus Set Sighted at Retail (1504068)
Posted by MGrotusque on July 17th, 2013 @ 8:56pm CDT
Yuck....the original release colourways are waaaay better. That baby blue on Sinnertwin and Cutthroat looks cheesy. The clear plastics don't do it for me either.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons Rising Abominus Set Sighted at Retail (1504547)
Posted by reluttr on July 18th, 2013 @ 6:18pm CDT
Does anyone know the number that will let you see if they have it online?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons Rising Abominus Set Sighted at Retail (1504661)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 18th, 2013 @ 10:18pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

You'd give them to a 2-year-old? They say 5+ for a reason :roll:

"Adult supervision required"? :roll: Your comment says much about you ;) - you don't so much "give" your TF's to your 2 yr old, as much as they TAKE your TF's from you! :lol:
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons Rising Abominus Set Sighted at Retail (1504717)
Posted by chaosmage42 on July 19th, 2013 @ 12:22am CDT
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons Rising Abominus Set Sighted at Retail (1504718)
Posted by RAcast on July 19th, 2013 @ 12:25am CDT
chaosmage42 wrote:does anyone know if this is worth getting at all -im torn -i love combiners but i don't like cyberverse figure -ive bought a total of 1 and only because its an insecticon and i like having cannon fodder -for the times i set up one bot killing multiple cons it looks better when thier the same grunts -hence why i bought 4 vechicons from prime

They're Mini-cons, not Legions. ;)
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons Rising Abominus Set Sighted at Retail (1506063)
Posted by El Duque on July 24th, 2013 @ 11:12am CDT
Reports of the Target exclusive Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising figures appearing at retail started circulating a couple of weeks ago, and now we thanks to Seibertron.com Bounti76 have finally have some photographic proof. Bounti76 picked up Voyager Dark Steel, Deluxe Sky Lynx, and the Cyberverse Smokescreen vs. Cindersaur set up at a Super Target in Centerville, Utah.

Seibertron.com staffer robofreak picked up the Predacons Rising Abominus set last week.

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons Rising Abominus Set Sighted at Retail (1506065)
Posted by Superwheeljack on July 24th, 2013 @ 11:14am CDT
I want those two. They're the ones I'm betting on to be in Predacons rising tv movie.
who needs grimwing, when you have an epic Darksteal!
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Target Exclusive Predacons Rising Abominus Set Sighted at Retail (1506074)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 24th, 2013 @ 11:32am CDT
Dumb question, but where in Target are these things located? With the rest of the TF stuff, or in it's own little section/endcap?

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers BEAST WARS TRANSMETALS 2 TIGERHAWK MISB SEALED 1999 - Time Remaining: 4 days 6 hours 56 minutes 29 seconds
TRANSFORMERS TAKARA JAPANESE REISSUE # 3 SKIDZ SKIDS FIGURE - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 45 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers BEAST WARS TRANSMETALS 2 PROWL BLACK LEGS MOSC SEALED 1999 - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 31 minutes 12 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Beast Wars FOX KIDS TRANSMETAL RATTRAP Deluxe MOSC - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 32 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars FOX KIDS CHEETOR Deluxe Heroic Maximal Figure MOSC - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 18 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers BEAST WARS TRANSMETALS 2 PROWL WHITE LEGS MOSC SEALED 1999 - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 34 minutes 1 second
Transformers BEAST WARS TRANSMETALS 2 RAMULUS MOSC SEALED 1999 - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 8 minutes 39 seconds
Star Wars Transformers Crossovers Captain Rex AT-TE Clone Trooper Rare NIP - Time Remaining: 4 days 11 hours 53 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #151 - SDCC 2016