Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

ABC's The Goldbergs Features Vintage Transformers On This Week's Episode

Transformers News: ABC's The Goldbergs Features Vintage Transformers On This Week's Episode

Thursday, January 9th, 2014 3:01AM CST

Categories: Media, Toy News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 14,197

On Tuesday, one of ABC's newest comedies, The Goldbergs, featured a story line that involved a boy and his toys, namely TRANSFORMERS!

The gist of the episode is basically the youngest child having a girl over in his room for the first time. Like many of us, his room was dominated by the likes of G.I. Joe, He-Man, and of course, Transformers. Confusion over a first kiss leads to disaster and then a mad dash to relieve the boy of his favorite toys in the hopes of getting him a woman.

In the course of this episode, you see a vintage Jetfire, Megatron, Optimus and for you G.I. Joe fans out there.... A U.S.S. Flagg!

The episode ended on a note that will get all of us right here (*points to heart*) a home video of the show's creator playing with Megatron when he was a kid. Bringing back memories of an easier time, with no worries and no woes.

And as they fade to black? "Dedicated To Megatron"

This is not the first time Hasbro products have been mentioned on this show, in the pilot they mentioned Go-Bots! And then promptly made a joke at their expense.

A brief snippet from "You're Under Foot"

STORY ONE: Adam Seeks Help
Adam invites a girl to his room for the first time but it ends promptly. He seeks help from Barry and Erica on what went wrong.
Memorable Quotes:
After Beverly finds out what Adam did with his toys, she approaches Barry and Erica.
Beverly: “What did you two idiots do?”
Erica: “That could mean so many different things”
Beverly: “Why did my scrumptious little baby give all away all his toys?”
Adam: “We just told him the truth mom.”
Barry: “Yeah. He’ll never get any action with his room full of toys”
Beverly: “He doesn’t need any ACTION. He’s a little boy. I’m going there right now and getting his toys back.”
Erica: “If you do, you’re going to cost him his first girlfriend.”
Beverly: “He doesn’t need a girlfriend. He’s got me.”
Barry: “Ewww.”
Erica: “Yuck.”
Beverly: “I didn’t mean girl friend…I meant….main lady”
Barry: “That is so much worse.”
Beverly: “I meant woman in his life that he loves more than anyone else.”
Erica: “Mom you’re in free fall pull the ripcord.”

You can watch this week's full episode here or by clicking on the picture above:

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-goldbergs/e ... under-foot

Stills taken from the episode, courtesy of DinosaurDracula:

(Please note: Verification of cable provider service is required. If your provider is not on the list, you'll need to use your company's on demand service to watch the episode.)

Credit(s): Slugslinger81, YOJOE.com, DinosaurDracula.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: ABC's The Goldbergs Features Vintage Transformers On This Week's Episode (1540414)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on January 9th, 2014 @ 3:34am CST
Slow news day.
Re: ABC's The Goldbergs Features Vintage Transformers On This Week's Episode (1540416)
Posted by Blozor on January 9th, 2014 @ 4:22am CST
Also Grimlock, Shrapnel, and Metroplex, (who was almost embarrassingly the same size as Jetfire).
Re: ABC's The Goldbergs Features Vintage Transformers On This Week's Episode (1540477)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 9th, 2014 @ 10:04am CST
Re: ABC's The Goldbergs Features Vintage Transformers On This Week's Episode (1540481)
Posted by Starscream84 on January 9th, 2014 @ 10:17am CST
Cheesy sitcom but I love the nostalgia pumped into it. Soundwave was also there. This show does take me back. Honestly all I watch it for is the 80s remarks. They're more spot on then any other 80s nostalgia show.
Re: ABC's The Goldbergs Features Vintage Transformers On This Week's Episode (1540487)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 9th, 2014 @ 10:26am CST
Megatron Wolf wrote:transformers wind up in a lot of shows even just in the background, 2 that come to mind are a transmetal optimus primal in haven & g1 shockwave in macgyver.

I once saw a Movie Ultimate Bumblebee in the British soap opera EastEnders. My wife watches it.
Re: ABC's The Goldbergs Features Vintage Transformers On This Week's Episode (1540524)
Posted by Seibertron on January 9th, 2014 @ 12:13pm CST
If you watch this episode closely, you'll see that the backside of Jetfire is yellowed. :D
Re: ABC's The Goldbergs Features Vintage Transformers On This Week's Episode (1540532)
Posted by dedcat on January 9th, 2014 @ 12:30pm CST
For the curious, here is everything the kid had in his room...

Re: ABC's The Goldbergs Features Vintage Transformers On This Week's Episode (1540637)
Posted by JIRRMan on January 9th, 2014 @ 4:44pm CST
My nerd alert is going off. I actually saw this episode. and it's apparently in error. The kid at one point says "The franchise is just starting to branch out from vehicles into Dinosaurs and Insects." This indicates that the year is 1985, because that's when the insecticons and Dinobots first appeared. But in the background, is Metroplex, who wasn't available until 1986.

It's insignificant. But, I mean, come on! Hahah I'm such a nitpick.
Re: ABC's The Goldbergs Features Vintage Transformers On This Week's Episode (1541330)
Posted by KnightStrike on January 12th, 2014 @ 7:04am CST
I still really like this show for the exact reason that they serve up pure nostalgia like this every week. There are so many things about growing up in the 80s that I had nearly forgotten until seeing it on episodes. Really hope it keeps going strong :D
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014