BotCon 2012 Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus Revealed

Transformers News: BotCon 2012 Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus Revealed

Thursday, January 12th, 2012 6:32PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 49,334

BotCon has officially revealed Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus from this year's convention exclusive "Invasion" boxset. The figure is a Diaclone Powered Convoy colored repaint of Reveal the Shield Deluxe G2 Optimus Prime with a new head sculpt. The head appears to be the alternate head that was featured on Reveal the Shield G2 Optimus Prime's instruction sheet. Take a look the figure in both modes below.

Credit(s): BotCon, bionic_radical

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: BotCon 2012 Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus Revealed (1333053)
Posted by Mkall on January 12th, 2012 @ 6:42pm CST
That's... blue.

Now I'm going to have to come up with another use for my Shadow Commander, who has been SG Ultra Magnus now for 2 years...
Re: BotCon 2012 Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus Revealed (1333057)
Posted by GetRightRobot on January 12th, 2012 @ 6:47pm CST
I can't really tell if he has the skull face that is featured in the promo artwork.... Either way.. this is really...something.
Re: BotCon 2012 Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus Revealed (1333059)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on January 12th, 2012 @ 6:52pm CST
That is.....it's......just awful
Re: BotCon 2012 Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus Revealed (1333063)
Posted by griftimus prime on January 12th, 2012 @ 6:56pm CST
wow...

pure garbage
Re: BotCon 2012 Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus Revealed (1333068)
Posted by Samsonator on January 12th, 2012 @ 7:04pm CST
Well, it's certainly different... like I get the whole "Laser Prime Mold in Diaclone Powered Convoy colours" concept... but... I dunno, maybe the colour distribution coulda been... better? Like I'm not bashing it, it is what it is... something about it just does not sit right with me, though... which is too bad, since this year's set has had a grand total of one really good reveal, and the rest have been either bad or, at best, uninteresting. Not sad I'll be missing this set, anyway...
Re: BotCon 2012 Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus Revealed (1333069)
Posted by Anonymous. on January 12th, 2012 @ 7:05pm CST
The amount of blue in this year's set is off the charts. The figure looks like a blue Sauron's mouth.
Re: BotCon 2012 Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus Revealed (1333070)
Posted by bionic_radical on January 12th, 2012 @ 7:10pm CST
Merged or deleted? Hmmm
Re: BotCon 2012 Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus Revealed (1333072)
Posted by Anonymous. on January 12th, 2012 @ 7:15pm CST
bionic_radical wrote:Merged or deleted? Hmmm

[color=teal]
Moved to oblivion, but you're credited on the front page. [/color]
Re: BotCon 2012 Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus Revealed (1333073)
Posted by Prime Evil on January 12th, 2012 @ 7:16pm CST
Can't really tell what's going on with that face. :roll:
Re: BotCon 2012 Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus Revealed (1333074)
Posted by --B-- on January 12th, 2012 @ 7:20pm CST
Ugh. I just can't seem to like that mold what so ever. And this looks worse than the original release.

:SICK:
Re: BotCon 2012 Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus Revealed (1333080)
Posted by bionic_radical on January 12th, 2012 @ 7:27pm CST
Blurrz wrote:
bionic_radical wrote:Merged or deleted? Hmmm

[color=teal]
Moved to oblivion, but you're credited on the front page. [/color]

Don't you threaten me with your logic, sir. :D
Re: BotCon 2012 Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus Revealed (1333081)
Posted by El Duque on January 12th, 2012 @ 7:31pm CST
bionic_radical wrote:
Blurrz wrote:
bionic_radical wrote:Merged or deleted? Hmmm

[color=teal]
Moved to oblivion, but you're credited on the front page. [/color]

Don't you threaten me with your logic, sir. :D

Sorry I missed you!
Re: BotCon 2012 Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus Revealed (1333082)
Posted by dinogeist on January 12th, 2012 @ 7:34pm CST
I think the colors work best in robot mode.

I don't like the colors in vechicle mode look like a huge blob of royal blue paint. because their is literally 95 royal blue on it. it looks like someone threw a can of royal blue paint on the toy.

It' not a bad color job. it's just not for me. i'd rather spend this kinda high amount of money on new molds or 3rd party TF toys. instead of buying over priced repaints based off toy sculpts i already own. I'm happy & satisfied with just buying the mass related retail mold,I don't need nor want to own the same mold more than once.

Plus,I don't feel the need to support the botcon attendees ebay profit guys. I'd rather do without then fill their wallets with my cash.
Re: BotCon 2012 Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus Revealed (1333085)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 12th, 2012 @ 7:45pm CST
:shock:

:grin:
Re: BotCon 2012 Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus Revealed (1333087)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on January 12th, 2012 @ 7:47pm CST
Re: BotCon 2012 Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus Revealed (1333088)
Posted by Savage on January 12th, 2012 @ 7:53pm CST
So, I get the whole Diaclone colors things, and I was really looking forward to this figure, moreso than anything else in the set, but now I'm not sure it lives up to my expectations. Perhaps I'll change my mind when I see it in person.

And what's with all the red & blue?! Magnus, SG Tracks/RoadRage, Metalhawk... My Shattered Glass lineup should not be so patriotic.
Re: BotCon 2012 Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus Revealed (1333089)
Posted by dinogeist on January 12th, 2012 @ 7:55pm CST
Nemesis Destron wrote:With all the dislikes so far for this TF it's a hell of a lot better than that Octopunch looking like hot garbage. I just wish we could get a much better look of the face but we will soon enough. :VEHI:

ha,I like the "hot garbage" words to describe TFCC 2012 Botcon octopunch. maybe he'll come with his very own unique garbage pail kids bio card. with a chalky dry looking pink piece of stick gum put inside the sealed baggie.

Savage wrote:

Personally,this makes no sense. Because from what I read from the first SG botcon set made years ago. THE SG autobots were the bad guys & the SG Decepticons were the good guys. SO GIVING PATRIOTIC COLORS TO THE BAD SG AUTOBOTS MAKES ZERO SENSE.
who knows perhaps this is the SG SG mirror universe. where the SG autobots are good & the SG decepticons are evil
Re: BotCon 2012 Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus Revealed (1333091)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 12th, 2012 @ 8:04pm CST
Tidalwavex wrote:
Savage wrote:

Guys, Metalhawk is not SG. He's Classics.
Re: BotCon 2012 Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus Revealed (1333092)
Posted by DevastaTTor on January 12th, 2012 @ 8:06pm CST
And meanwhile, a telephone rings at a Chinese toy factory. It's Maketoys calling, telling the factory manager to bust out the Battle Tanker molds and the ugliest blue paint he can find.
Re: BotCon 2012 Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus Revealed (1333100)
Posted by Flux Convoy on January 12th, 2012 @ 8:22pm CST
Prime Evil wrote:Can't really tell what's going on with that face. :roll:

That's what I'm thinking. It looks almost feline in the mouth portion. I can't really tell what I'm supposed to be seeing though.
:BOT:

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Generations RUINATION Fall of Cybertron LOOSE COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 30 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Music Label Optimus Prime / Convoy iPod Docking Bay with Speaker - Time Remaining: 6 days 2 hours 6 minutes 29 seconds
NEW Transformers TRU exclusive RID STARSCREAM Robots in Disguise Clash Toys R Us - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 18 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers Generation1 E-hobby Ehobby Sunstorm MISB - Time Remaining: 5 days 11 hours 23 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers G1 1984 SLUDGE loose dinobot hasbro takara japan - Time Remaining: 5 days 12 hours 8 minutes 34 seconds
TRANSFORMERS PRIME FIRST EDITION DARK GUARD OPTIMUS PRIME VOYAGER LIMITED BLACK - Time Remaining: 6 days 10 hours 58 minutes 30 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Animated Grimlock, complete - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 1 minute 17 seconds
Hasbro Transformers ROTF Gathering at the Nemesis  blue Soundwave, near complete - Time Remaining: 5 days 8 hours 31 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory