First Look at Hasbro's Masterpiece Rodimus Prime With Offshoot In Package

Transformers News: First Look at Hasbro's Masterpiece Rodimus Prime With Offshoot In Package

Tuesday, May 31st, 2011 2:25PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 39,725

Did you skip the Takara Masterpiece Rodimus Prime in hopes that Hasbro would release it's own? Your hopes have been answered. Thanks to a post on Ozformers, we get our first look at the Hasbro version of Masterpiece Rodimus Prime and his targetmaster Offshoot. Although missing his trailer he has an exclusive deco and is a Toys R Us exlclusive according to the sticker. He also comes in the same style window box that Grimlock and the Seekers came in. The picture has been mirrored below.

Seibertron: The Ultimate Transformers Resource
Credit(s): Ozformers

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: First Look at Hasbro's Masterpiece Rodimus Prime With Offshoot In Package (1231197)
Posted by Amelie on May 31st, 2011 @ 2:28pm CDT
[color=deeppink]He's bloody red! F*ck you Hasbro. *cries*

I'd rather pay $200 for the Takara one, even if it lacked the trailer.[/color]
Re: First Look at Hasbro's Masterpiece Rodimus Prime With Offshoot In Package (1231199)
Posted by El Duque on May 31st, 2011 @ 2:28pm CDT
Re: First Look at Hasbro's Masterpiece Rodimus Prime With Offshoot In Package (1231202)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on May 31st, 2011 @ 2:31pm CDT
El Duque wrote:You just beat me to this. :) I had a feeling the Hasbro version would have a Targetmaster, thus forcing me buy it.

You usually beat me but I was quick this time. Anyway, I will have to get this for the Targetmaster as well.
Re: First Look at Hasbro's Masterpiece Rodimus Prime With Offshoot In Package (1231203)
Posted by Anonymous. on May 31st, 2011 @ 2:31pm CDT
[color=teal]Offshoot? Offspring?

You know it's kind of hard
Just to get along today.
Our subject isn't cool,
But he fakes it anyway[/color]
Re: First Look at Hasbro's Masterpiece Rodimus Prime With Offshoot In Package (1231204)
Posted by Megazarak on May 31st, 2011 @ 2:32pm CDT
Wow. That looks AMAZING! Definitely happy to wait for Hasbro's version. The red looks great in my opinion. Offshoot also looks really cool. And he even has a bigger Matrix that he'll be able to hold (I wonder if he still has the smaller one inside of himself). Can't wait to get this guy!!!
Re: First Look at Hasbro's Masterpiece Rodimus Prime With Offshoot In Package (1231205)
Posted by infinitimagnus on May 31st, 2011 @ 2:36pm CDT
I like VERY MUCH! I may want to get this one since I passed up on the Grimlock MP...
Re: First Look at Hasbro's Masterpiece Rodimus Prime With Offshoot In Package (1231206)
Posted by Amelie on May 31st, 2011 @ 2:38pm CDT
Also - it doesn't even look like they've chromed the smokestacks. They've used grotty silver plastic where all the grey or chrome should be.
Re: First Look at Hasbro's Masterpiece Rodimus Prime With Offshoot In Package (1231208)
Posted by Marcdachamp on May 31st, 2011 @ 2:39pm CDT
Targetmaster > Trailer.

Want this SO bad. Anyone know when we should expect it in stores?
Re: First Look at Hasbro's Masterpiece Rodimus Prime With Offshoot In Package (1231210)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 31st, 2011 @ 2:39pm CDT
Offshoot? OFFSHOOT?! Why not Firebolt?
Re: First Look at Hasbro's Masterpiece Rodimus Prime With Offshoot In Package (1231212)
Posted by El Duque on May 31st, 2011 @ 2:40pm CDT
I want to know what the first Masterpiece Targetmaster looks like in alt mode.
Re: First Look at Hasbro's Masterpiece Rodimus Prime With Offshoot In Package (1231215)
Posted by Marcdachamp on May 31st, 2011 @ 2:43pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Offshoot? OFFSHOOT?! Why not Firebolt?

Yeah, kinda bummed about that, too. Oh, well. You can pretend it's UK continuity and Firebolt died. :grin:
Re: First Look at Hasbro's Masterpiece Rodimus Prime With Offshoot In Package (1231217)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 31st, 2011 @ 2:45pm CDT
El Duque wrote:I want to know what the first Masterpiece Targetmaster looks like in alt mode.

Agreed. I want this version for the TM but I am not a fan of the dark gray plastic.
Re: First Look at Hasbro's Masterpiece Rodimus Prime With Offshoot In Package (1231218)
Posted by paul053 on May 31st, 2011 @ 2:45pm CDT
Oh please. Not TRU exclusive.
Re: First Look at Hasbro's Masterpiece Rodimus Prime With Offshoot In Package (1231219)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 31st, 2011 @ 2:45pm CDT
Marcdachamp wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Offshoot? OFFSHOOT?! Why not Firebolt?

Assuming I'm actually getting him.
Re: First Look at Hasbro's Masterpiece Rodimus Prime With Offshoot In Package (1231221)
Posted by Marcdachamp on May 31st, 2011 @ 2:48pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Assuming I'm actually getting him.

Well, you won't be getting the one I eventually own. :D
Re: First Look at Hasbro's Masterpiece Rodimus Prime With Offshoot In Package (1231222)
Posted by Amelie on May 31st, 2011 @ 2:49pm CDT
amcgrath929 wrote:I am not a fan of the dark gray plastic.

[color=deeppink]Its arse. The fact they've gone for toy colours and the dark grey makes it look like a bootleg.

I don't usually blow Takara's horn, but this time its gotta be blow loud and clear. The Hasbro one doesn't just look different this time - it looks cheap.[/color]
Re: First Look at Hasbro's Masterpiece Rodimus Prime With Offshoot In Package (1231223)
Posted by Homerjay14522 on May 31st, 2011 @ 2:50pm CDT
Re: First Look at Hasbro's Masterpiece Rodimus Prime With Offshoot In Package (1231225)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on May 31st, 2011 @ 2:52pm CDT
I do want this I just hope I have the funds to get it before they are gone
Re: First Look at Hasbro's Masterpiece Rodimus Prime With Offshoot In Package (1231226)
Posted by paul053 on May 31st, 2011 @ 2:53pm CDT
Homerjay14522 wrote:What the Hell....I'm so sick of Losing out because I don't live in Japan. I'm sorry, but half The appeal of this Toy, was....well He was Half Hot Rod, half Rodimus Prime. They take away half the toy's function when taking the trailer. Don't get me wrong, I'd Pay more for an American Hasbro Rodimus with his trailer, I just don't want to spend the Massive amount required Just to import that Figure.

Trailer sold separately. Okay, just kidding.
Re: First Look at Hasbro's Masterpiece Rodimus Prime With Offshoot In Package (1231227)
Posted by El Duque on May 31st, 2011 @ 2:53pm CDT
So I wonder how many of these we'll see on the shelves minus the Targetmaster?

Ending Soon On eBay

Botcon 2012 Shattered Glass OCTOPUNCH w/Custom Tentacles Transformers Timelines - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 57 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Optimus Prime - MIB - Time Remaining: 4 days 21 hours 23 minutes 46 seconds
Hasbro Transformers MP-03 Masterpiece Grimlock Dinobot Toysrus Exclusive NEW - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 31 minutes 32 seconds
Hasbro Transformers AOE Age of Exctinct AUTOBOT HOUND Voyager Class Figure - NEW - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 hours 42 minutes 26 seconds
G1 Transformers Vintage Parts Lot Misfire, Overdrive And headstrong - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 44 minutes 27 seconds
43795 Transformers Japan Legends Cybertronian LG-17 LG17 Blackarachnia MISB - Time Remaining: 5 days 54 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers  G1 Sunstreaker & Inferno  w No Weapons - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 41 minutes
Transformers G1 Weapons lot accessories 1984 1985 1986 Soundwave Reflector more - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 41 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents