Michael Bay on the Dinobots: "I hate them."

Transformers News: Michael Bay on the Dinobots: "I hate them."

Monday, July 27th, 2009 3:41PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Rumors, People News, Interviews
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 55,384

According to a post by TFW2005.com member Alienbot, Empire Magazine will be featuring a piece on Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Director Michael Bay in its September 2009 issue.

"They've never been discussed [for inclusion]" stated Bay. "I don't like them. Actually, I hate them."

Could the director of the 10th most domestically grossing film in movie history be throwing us an early "misinformation" loop well before production of the third film begins? Let us know what you think by clicking Discuss this topic above.

Keep your optics locked, right here at Seibertron.com, your Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): Alienbot of TFW2005

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Michael Bay on the Dinobots: "I hate them." (962836)
Posted by Seibertron on July 27th, 2009 @ 3:47pm CDT
I have to say that I kind of hope that the Dinobots don't make it to the movie-verse, but I dunno ... after Skids and Mudflap, anything would be better than them. I could buy the whole Dinobot story-line I guess if they stick to their Marvel comics origin of Shockwave coming to Earth in Prehistoric times, etc. Though I think they ruined that version's chance after doing a prehistoric bit with The Fallen. * sigh *

I'd like to see Soundwave get some robot screen time in the next film. And a return to Cybertron.

Unicron is another character that scares me for the 3rd film. I just don't see the point in the movie-verse.
Re: Michael Bay on the Dinobots: "I hate them." (962841)
Posted by Universe on July 27th, 2009 @ 3:57pm CDT
i like the Dinobots however, it doesn't seem like they will fit in well with the movie universe. Having monsters (robots), robots, and dinosaurs is a bit much.
Re: Michael Bay on the Dinobots: "I hate them." (962842)
Posted by RiddlerJ on July 27th, 2009 @ 3:59pm CDT
Re: Michael Bay on the Dinobots: "I hate them." (962844)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on July 27th, 2009 @ 4:02pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:I remember Bay complaining how he hated Arcee too. Is there any characters he does actually like? I mean, besides the jive talkin' ones he makes up?

QFT
Re: Michael Bay on the Dinobots: "I hate them." (962845)
Posted by Lockdown91 on July 27th, 2009 @ 4:10pm CDT
There are ways in which they could write them into the film, something like, bring wheeljack into it first, and wheeljack being a mad scientest decides to build them out of fascination of prehistoric dinosaurs, then they come in and kick tailpipes at the end climatic battle which is bound to happen.

but if michael bay claims he hates them then there's probably not much of a chance of them being in the third film.

but then again, maybe it is another misinformation campaign which will fail just as much as ROTF's misinformation campaign failed hahaha :P

anyway it would be interesting to see how they'd work them into the film.
Re: Michael Bay on the Dinobots: "I hate them." (962846)
Posted by Jetstorm92210 on July 27th, 2009 @ 4:13pm CDT
"Me Grimlock, hate him too!"
Re: Michael Bay on the Dinobots: "I hate them." (962850)
Posted by sunburn on July 27th, 2009 @ 4:26pm CDT
Re: Michael Bay on the Dinobots: "I hate them." (962854)
Posted by First Gen on July 27th, 2009 @ 4:34pm CDT
sunburn wrote:I think Bay hates plot continuity too. It seems like the only thing that Bay supervised in the movie was the explosions and making sure his name was incorporated with transformers.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome to Seibertron.com sunburn.
Re: Michael Bay on the Dinobots: "I hate them." (962862)
Posted by DinobotKing on July 27th, 2009 @ 4:50pm CDT
Re: Michael Bay on the Dinobots: "I hate them." (962864)
Posted by bronzgunz on July 27th, 2009 @ 4:52pm CDT
Jetstorm9221 wrote:"Me Grimlock, hate him too!"

:lol: Seriously, "hate"? That's harsh, dude. :(
Re: Michael Bay on the Dinobots: "I hate them." (962868)
Posted by Archanubis on July 27th, 2009 @ 4:57pm CDT
Sometimes I think he says things just to see how the fans will react. Besides, he's not the first person involved with the films to say he's not fond of the Dinobots.

Personally, I would love to see 'em in the films, but there may not be any way to fit them into the films, either storywise or aesthetically. Besides, Bay's always wanted that aircraft-carrier Transformer, so now would be a good time to introduce the supergiants like Omega Supreme or Tidal Wave.
Re: Michael Bay on the Dinobots: "I hate them." (962871)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on July 27th, 2009 @ 5:00pm CDT
DinobotKing wrote:Yeah, because we can totally buy the believability of a giant robot scorpion in the first two movies. But robot dinosaurs? Now you're just being silly.....

Hmm.... Never thought about that. Good point.

Though i have to agree with most, that i hope they don't make it into the next movie. Scorpinix worked well being a "Scout" that was able to tail the army team in the first movie.
Re: Michael Bay on the Dinobots: "I hate them." (962873)
Posted by It Is Him on July 27th, 2009 @ 5:05pm CDT
First Gen wrote:Michael Bay was quoted in the post as saying this about the possible introduction of the Dinobots for Transformers 3:

Before I even read the story, the headline alone made me LOL hard. I love that Bay's already decided he hates the Dinobots. How could anyone hate on Snarl?
Re: Michael Bay on the Dinobots: "I hate them." (962878)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 27th, 2009 @ 5:09pm CDT
I could not really care. When I found out that the movie universe did not really fit with what I consider my favorite Transformers aesthetic, stories, etc., I really gave up caring what choices they make.

I mean sure it's fun to see in the theater, but after that, back to collecting the Transformers I like. The only thing that I hope for, is that the movie-universe does not become the next cartoon universe.
Re: Michael Bay on the Dinobots: "I hate them." (962881)
Posted by First-Aid on July 27th, 2009 @ 5:14pm CDT
I really don't listen to anything he says anymore, honestly, and could care less.

The biggest reason for not having Dinobots is the fact that continue to try and hold on to the robots IN DISGUISE thing. Giant mechanical dinosaurs are not really very good disguises. Simple logic. You could incorporate them in an ancient Earth setting, but in the modern world it makes no sense because they'd stick out like...uh...well, like a T. Rex in downtown Chicago. Now, I like what has been done in the recent comics- turning the Dinobots into the Dynobots (it's the "A-Team" of the Transformers universe!). But as dinosaurs...no. Won't work.
Re: Michael Bay on the Dinobots: "I hate them." (962882)
Posted by Starscream6 on July 27th, 2009 @ 5:17pm CDT
says the guy who knows nothing about them OR any other character, what an ass.
Re: Michael Bay on the Dinobots: "I hate them." (962885)
Posted by Archanubis on July 27th, 2009 @ 5:20pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:The biggest reason for not having Dinobots is the fact that continue to try and hold on to the robots IN DISGUISE thing.

Kinda got blown out of the water in the last movie with the Fallen announcing the presence of Transformers on Earth, don'tcha think?
Re: Michael Bay on the Dinobots: "I hate them." (962890)
Posted by TRANS+CRAZY on July 27th, 2009 @ 5:29pm CDT
Universe wrote:i like the Dinobots however, it doesn't seem like they will fit in well with the movie universe.

I agree 100% on that.
Re: Michael Bay on the Dinobots: "I hate them." (962893)
Posted by Baha08 on July 27th, 2009 @ 5:35pm CDT
I honestly think Bay is more for the fame and the quick bucks. Because the plot, lack of character in the characters, use of military hook ups, use of special effects that are not really needed, it's safe to say to some degree the movie isn't much for the fans.

I mean I bet the G.I. Joe movie does somewhat better and has a plot. The original G1 hardly had a plot but like their are easy ways to make the Transformers movie line better and it's not even that hard, one thing would have to be simple by tuning down the realism a slight bit because it's one of the things people except hardasses or jokes point out about how this and that isn't real, even though everyone wanted to see huge robots fighting.

And if anything I bet he'll go to the realistic extremes again and have the entire ROTF plot covered up, even after the transmission from Soundwave and the Fallen, not to mention a pyramid blowing up.
Re: Michael Bay on the Dinobots: "I hate them." (962896)
Posted by Convotron on July 27th, 2009 @ 5:39pm CDT
Archanubis wrote:

This actually reminds me of something I wondered when watching RotF: Where does the movie series go from here? With the revelation of an alien presence on Earth, how does the world at large react?

I mean the final battle from the first movie takes place in a populated area. The second movie shows that at least one NEST operation was in the wide open(the Shanghai scene). Add in the Fallen's broadcast to the world. Can the fictional world's governments cover all that up? Will the third movie go with the Autobots and Decepticons as known entities to the general public? If so, I'm sure Dinobots can be worked in to be okay in the movie's context since the robots no longer have to be in disguise.