New DOTM Gallery: Takara's Voyager Optimus Prime with MechTech Trailer

Transformers News: New DOTM Gallery: Takara's Voyager Optimus Prime with MechTech Trailer

Friday, May 27th, 2011 4:20PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 69,992

Are you one of those fans that thinks Optimus Prime looks naked without his trailer? Takara's got you covered with their DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime with MechTech Trailer! While the trailer opens in a manner that is very reminiscent to that of G1 Optimus Prime's it lacks the repair bay robot and roller and mainly serves as a storage unit for MechTech weapons. In addition to the inclusion of the trailer the Optimus Prime figure itself has underwent some changes in comparison to it's Hasbro counterpart: a new paint scheme, smaller fuel tanks, and a new bladed MechTech weapon to name a few.

Click any of the links or images below for our latest high quality gallery!

Optimus Prime with Mechtech Trailer (MechTech, Voyager Class)
Dark of the Moon

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New DOTM Gallery: Takara's Voyager Optimus Prime with MechTech Trailer (1229620)
Posted by alternator77 on May 27th, 2011 @ 4:23pm CDT
even though theres no repair bay this thing is growing on me.
Re: New DOTM Gallery: Takara's Voyager Optimus Prime with MechTech Trailer (1229639)
Posted by NemesisMonkeySupreme on May 27th, 2011 @ 4:57pm CDT
So is the SDCC Ultimate Prime the Hasbro release (with larger tanks) plus trailer and stickers?
Re: New DOTM Gallery: Takara's Voyager Optimus Prime with MechTech Trailer (1229640)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 27th, 2011 @ 5:00pm CDT
Why can't Hasbro make something this cool? :-(
Re: New DOTM Gallery: Takara's Voyager Optimus Prime with MechTech Trailer (1229644)
Posted by SPRINGER112 on May 27th, 2011 @ 5:05pm CDT
i now, we have to buy a takara version to get one with a trailer wich costs alot more but i did find one on ebay. :BOT:
Re: New DOTM Gallery: Takara's Voyager Optimus Prime with MechTech Trailer (1229653)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 27th, 2011 @ 5:36pm CDT
Aside from the lame-o chest area on this mold, I have to say that version looks pretty cool. I don't need any more movie Primes, really, but if I did and it wasn't ridiculously priced I'd probably get it.
Re: New DOTM Gallery: Takara's Voyager Optimus Prime with MechTech Trailer (1229655)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on May 27th, 2011 @ 5:42pm CDT
So did everyone look closely at the spaces around the front of the cab where the engine would be housed? Are a lot people okay with this? Eh who knows, maybe Takara will pull another MP Rodimus and re-release another Voyager Prime with Trailer without all the flaws this one has....'nuff said! :VEHI:
Re: New DOTM Gallery: Takara's Voyager Optimus Prime with MechTech Trailer (1229662)
Posted by Optimus1138 on May 27th, 2011 @ 6:10pm CDT
The trailer is cool, but even though this version of Optimus isn't as ugly as Hasbro's (mainly due to the lack of solar panels), I don't like the mold. (Not that I'd be likely to get this even if I did like it).
Re: New DOTM Gallery: Takara's Voyager Optimus Prime with MechTech Trailer (1229663)
Posted by lbullock7 on May 27th, 2011 @ 6:17pm CDT
Im just interested in the trailer. I don't much care at all for this mold of Optimus. I wonder if there is any way of just getting the trailer by its self.... :-?
Re: New DOTM Gallery: Takara's Voyager Optimus Prime with MechTech Trailer (1229665)
Posted by Mykltron on May 27th, 2011 @ 6:28pm CDT
So how much will this POS cost?
Re: New DOTM Gallery: Takara's Voyager Optimus Prime with MechTech Trailer (1229674)
Posted by omega666 on May 27th, 2011 @ 6:50pm CDT
I hope Hasbro releases at least THIS Prime. Looks much better without all the solar panel stuff.
Re: New DOTM Gallery: Takara's Voyager Optimus Prime with MechTech Trailer (1229679)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 27th, 2011 @ 7:06pm CDT
Re: New DOTM Gallery: Takara's Voyager Optimus Prime with MechTech Trailer (1229682)
Posted by BeastProwl on May 27th, 2011 @ 7:19pm CDT
you can dress him up all you want, but I'm not going to cave into that mold! Even though the "Real" windows are under that fake chest piece, all the other crap, like the blocky transformation, Sub-par robot mode, fake wheels on his legs, and how everything is just ass-backwards, It's just not "prime" enough for me. give me wingblade prime here in the US!
:BANG_HEAD:
Re: New DOTM Gallery: Takara's Voyager Optimus Prime with MechTech Trailer (1229764)
Posted by OptiMagnus on May 27th, 2011 @ 10:52pm CDT
I actally think it looks pretty badass, but that's just me. I'm that guy that wants all the MechTech deluxes, voyagers, and leaders minus Space Case and Skyhammer...the only two anyone actually wants.

I'm not sure if it'll REALLY be worth getting though. I have 2 movie voyager Primes and 1 leader, and I'm already planning on getting the Hasbro version of this and maybe leader Jetwing Prime...but this just looks so tempting.
Re: New DOTM Gallery: Takara's Voyager Optimus Prime with MechTech Trailer (1229776)
Posted by RodimalToyota on May 27th, 2011 @ 11:12pm CDT
Come on iGear, here's your chance... KO this trailer and add a repair center.
Then resize it for the ROTF leader Prime / Buster / Battle hook.

Think you would have a solid WIN.
Re: New DOTM Gallery: Takara's Voyager Optimus Prime with MechTech Trailer (1229853)
Posted by Mykltron on May 28th, 2011 @ 5:29am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:If they sold additional mechtech weapons on their own, I'd like this trailer. I don't like that without other figures accessories there's nothing to really arm this with.

You can use almost any weapon. Mechtech uses standard 5mm pegs.
Re: New DOTM Gallery: Takara's Voyager Optimus Prime with MechTech Trailer (1229865)
Posted by Chandler Prime 1 on May 28th, 2011 @ 6:48am CDT
Re: New DOTM Gallery: Takara's Voyager Optimus Prime with MechTech Trailer (1229907)
Posted by SumoXL on May 28th, 2011 @ 10:03am CDT
RodimalToyota wrote:Come on iGear, here's your chance... KO this trailer and add a repair center.
Then resize it for the ROTF leader Prime / Buster / Battle hook.

Think you would have a solid WIN.

I don't think it will happen. I Gears so far focus is G1 stuff. it would be nice but i don't see it from I gears
Re: New DOTM Gallery: Takara's Voyager Optimus Prime with MechTech Trailer (1229964)
Posted by Anonymous. on May 28th, 2011 @ 12:04pm CDT
OptimusChandler3 wrote:When does this figure come out ? Where would be the best place to find it ? Thanks

[color=teal]
Overseas exclusive;

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail[/color]
Re: New DOTM Gallery: Takara's Voyager Optimus Prime with MechTech Trailer (1230007)
Posted by NemesisMonkeySupreme on May 28th, 2011 @ 2:40pm CDT
SumoXL wrote:
Then resize it for the ROTF leader Prime / Buster / Battle hook.

Think you would have a solid WIN.

Not sure if scale is as close, but what about the BTS-01S Mobile Command Base or the TFX-02 G3 Trailer?
Re: New DOTM Gallery: Takara's Voyager Optimus Prime with MechTech Trailer (1230117)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 28th, 2011 @ 9:16pm CDT
Any chance we can get a few comparison shots with the G3 trailer?

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Tomy TRANSFORMERS ENCORE 21 Soundblaster Soundwave w/ Cassettes Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 9 hours 25 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack (B3775) BRAND NEW - Time Remaining: 2 days 2 hours 13 minutes 30 seconds
BUMBLEBEE Transformers Movie Theatrical Collectors Edition Adult 3D Costume New - Time Remaining: 2 days 3 hours 1 minute 1 second
Hasbro SDCC 2015 Exclusive Transformers Combiner Wars Hunters Arcee + More MISB - Time Remaining: 25 days 5 hours 16 minutes 24 seconds
MISB in USA - Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-18B Bluestreak Blue Limited - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 7 minutes 48 seconds
E-Hobby TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS LEGENDS LG EX DEADLOCK w/ COMIC BOOK - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 8 minutes 20 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece MP-18 BLUESTREAK Streak + COIN + AMAZON LAUNCHER CANNON - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 12 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers: Age of Extinction Limited Edition Gift Set Blu Ray, 2014 Grimlock - Time Remaining: 3 days 21 hours 31 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive