New Galleries: Generations Magnificus and United Perceptor

Thursday, October 17th, 2013 2:23AM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 29,127

Earlier this month, we reported on e-Hobby Magnificus shipping from the TFCC store, and now we have a gallery of this fine piece for your viewing enjoyment. In case you didn't know, Magnificus is an e-Hobby Collector's Club Takara Tomy Generations exclusive.

Also included is a gallery of his mold mate, United Perceptor. (Both of these come from the Reveal The Shield Perceptor mold.)

Without further ado...

New Galleries: Generations Magnificus and United Perceptor

Transformers Generations Magnificus

Transformers United Perceptor

Transformers News: New Galleries: Generations Magnificus and United Perceptor

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
Re: New Galleries: Generations Magnificus and United Perceptor (1544943)
Posted by Dr Va'al on January 25th, 2014 @ 4:48am CST
You may have seen a video review around here, but now it's time for the full Seibertron.com gallery treatment. Yes indeed, it's Generations Voyager Whirl, an unvincible blend of G1, Classics and IDW elements comes with over 100 professional images, no known weaknesses and can all be found here. Click on any of the images below for the full gallery!

Generations Whirl

Re: New Galleries: Generations Magnificus and United Perceptor (1544964)
Posted by Super Megatron on January 25th, 2014 @ 7:55am CST
He's unvincible? But that's unpossible!
Re: New Galleries: Generations Magnificus and United Perceptor (1544966)
Posted by Dr Va'al on January 25th, 2014 @ 8:02am CST
Super Megatron wrote:He's unvincible? But that's unpossible!

Not sure if you're in on the joke, but just in case anyone wants to point out the spelling.. ;)

From MTMTE #12:

Rewind: "D'you mind if I film this? If I die, I don't want my last recorded footage to be of Whirl punching himself in the face to prove he's 'super-unvincible.'"
Re: New Galleries: Generations Magnificus and United Perceptor (1544970)
Posted by parc.elohssa on January 25th, 2014 @ 8:41am CST
AMAZING toy.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Magnificus and United Perceptor (1544978)
Posted by Down_Shift on January 25th, 2014 @ 9:56am CST
Any meaning behind the stickers posted on the front page?
Re: New Galleries: Generations Magnificus and United Perceptor (1544996)
Posted by Seibertron on January 25th, 2014 @ 11:37am CST
Down_Shift wrote:Any meaning behind the stickers posted on the front page?

Do you mean the stickers on the first page of Whirl's gallery? If so ... that's his sticker sheet! :D
Re: New Galleries: Generations Magnificus and United Perceptor (1544997)
Posted by Dr Va'al on January 25th, 2014 @ 11:39am CST
Seibertron wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:Any meaning behind the stickers posted on the front page?

I think he means the two stickers in this image:
Re: New Galleries: Generations Magnificus and United Perceptor (1545004)
Posted by bvzxa on January 25th, 2014 @ 11:48am CST
Va'al wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:Any meaning behind the stickers posted on the front page?

I think he means the two stickers in this image:

Reference to Wild Bill from GI Joe.

CW-4 stands for Chief Warrant Officer.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Magnificus and United Perceptor (1545011)
Posted by Down_Shift on January 25th, 2014 @ 12:30pm CST
Thanks guys! That was exactly what I was wondering.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Magnificus and United Perceptor (1545020)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 25th, 2014 @ 1:34pm CST

As someone who grew up during Beast Wars and hasn't really ever seen a physical G1 toy, I'm always surprised to see their sizes compared to current toys. The ones I think are smaller always end up being much larger, and the ones that seemed big are actually pretty small...
'Course, I think here I simply assumed "Deluxe Vehicle" was the same as "Deluxe Class".
Re: New Galleries: Generations Magnificus and United Perceptor (1545030)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 25th, 2014 @ 2:14pm CST
Noideaforaname wrote:

In both cases, "Deluxe" means "larger than the standard toys" and it shows. The current "Deluxe Class" name stems from Beast Wars, when Hasbro first used fixed prices and toy sizes. The lowest was "Basic", the next "Deluxe", up to "Mega" and "Ultra". Nowadays, the main line starts with "Deluxe" so it kinda lost meaning.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Magnificus and United Perceptor (1545031)
Posted by Seibertron on January 25th, 2014 @ 2:17pm CST
Noideaforaname wrote:

I've always wondered why they called those "Deluxe Vehicles". I'm assuming the term "deluxe" when applied to Transformers toys has a different connotation than it means to most toys or it lost its original meaning through the years. In the case of G1 Whirl and Roadbuster, I'm assuming "deluxe" referred to their significantly larger size than figures like Prowl, Shrapnel, and Bumblebee as well as the inclusion of many weapons and accessories. G1 Whirl comes with 4 large guns and Roadbuster has about 10 accessories from missiles, guns, vehicle attachments, etc. The term "deluxe" still gets applied to other toy lines, most notably action figure toy lines, where you usually see the same basic figure but with additional accessories, flight packs, outfits, armor, or whatever.

Now that we got a balls-to-the wall update for Whirl, I can't help but wonder how long it will be before we get a proper Generations Voyager Roadbuster.

I'm surprised that we got a Whirl that is so faithful to the G1 version. While I like the toy, it's almost too faithful to the G1 version ... it even includes a loose ball joint shoulder just like the original! ;) While I like the new version of Whirl, I wish they had done something different with the legs to make them more poseable (that or I'm doing something wrong with his poses that seems to limit what he can do).

My surprise favorite of the new arrivals yesterday? Armada Starscream. I haven't really cared much for him up until I opened him. He's a great toy ... very poseable. It's a very nice figure. My surprise disappoint yesterday? Scoop. I was very excited about him when I saw him last year at SDCC. I thought he looked awesome. Unfortunately, his vehicle mode isn't very sturdy and it's a really basic transformation. Plus the light yellow is odd ... I wish they had used a darker yellow. Hopefully Takara Tomy does something better with his color scheme.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Magnificus and United Perceptor (1545034)
Posted by Seibertron on January 25th, 2014 @ 2:25pm CST
Noideaforaname wrote:

Sidenote about my G1 Whirl toy. His stickers were pretty bad. So I had removed them a few years ago ... probably the last time I had to pull him out for a gallery comparison (maybe Movie Whirl or Universe Whirl or something). I removed the stickers with the intention of getting repro labels or something to spruce him up. I forgot that I had done this and had put Whirl back in storage years ago without ever doing this and long before we ever got wind of a new Whirl toy. The toy itself is in great condition (except for the very loose ball jointed shoulders). I was surprised when I pulled him out of storage yesterday to see that he was missing all of his stickers! I ordered an original set of stickers off eBay yesterday from wheeljackslab so that I could make him look perfect. I'll have to ponder what to do about the ball joints. I don't want to use super glue. I have one on eBay that I'm selling currently in the Seibertron.com store that I tried to fix by taking him apart and applying a few layers of clear coat but that didn't do the trick either. Maybe it just needed even more layers of clear coat.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Magnificus and United Perceptor (1545038)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 25th, 2014 @ 2:44pm CST
Looks amazing! And an excellent gallery as always. :APPLAUSE: I can't wait to get mine, just waiting for BBTS to fill my Skids preorder so I can ship.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Magnificus and United Perceptor (1545078)
Posted by EunuchRon on January 25th, 2014 @ 7:08pm CST
I was going to pass on this guy, but after seeing the gallery, especially his guns and walking mech alt mode, I'm totally digging it! Nice job, St.com, you convinced me to buy something I wasn't wanting originally. :BOWDOWN:
Re: New Galleries: Generations Magnificus and United Perceptor (1545178)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 26th, 2014 @ 7:28am CST
This might be inspired by elements of G1, Classics and IDW, but I think the end result is distinctly G1 so I'll be skipping this guy. I suppose it is a nice looking figure though.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Magnificus and United Perceptor (1545275)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 26th, 2014 @ 1:53pm CST
Well, I know one mode I won't be utilizing (hint: it's the Heliped/GERWALK mode). The chance of me getting Whirl has increased after viewing the gallery, though, so there's that.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Magnificus and United Perceptor (1545391)
Posted by JaffleMaker on January 27th, 2014 @ 1:27am CST

And wouldn't the owners be a little upset about this release since it so closely resembles the original toy? I might be missing something here, can anyone enlighten me?
Re: New Galleries: Generations Magnificus and United Perceptor (1545432)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 27th, 2014 @ 9:18am CST
JaffleMaker wrote:Sooo.. since Takatoku went under in the 80's, who owns the rights to the Dorvack?

In a nutshell: Takatoku Toys was bought out by Bandai, so they own the original toy designs and molds. Bandai subsequently licensed some molds to Hasbro for Transformers as it wasn't a major player in the US market at the time.
About it resembling the original toy so much, my theory is that by law, it's not completely based on the original, therefore not a complete ripoff. Instead, the design comes more directly from other sources including the comics commissioned by Hasbro. By law, this would render Hasbro the owner of the design of the toy. The same can be said for Megatron's little Chop Shop.

We actually had a nice little discussion about it in a different thread. :)
Re: New Galleries: Generations Magnificus and United Perceptor (1545459)
Posted by spark crusher on January 27th, 2014 @ 10:22am CST
hes mistransformed here! i found that you can collapse his arms into his shoulders tightening the joints and fixing his proportions. spread the word! <!-- ia0 -->whirl.jpg<!-- ia0 -->

Ending Soon On eBay

HASBRO G1  Autobot Kup / Blurr / Preceptor Transformers 1986 Figure Lot Of 3 - Time Remaining: 9 days 3 hours 32 minutes 25 seconds
TRANSFORMERS ARMADA GALVATRON FIGURE - Time Remaining: 9 days 6 hours 8 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Voyager Class Soundwave - Time Remaining: 8 days 11 hours 7 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers Movie Deluxe Class Jazz Figure by Hasbro - Time Remaining: 8 days 15 hours 52 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers TF G1 D-101 Black Mini Soundwave Soundblaster Destron 1987 Vintage - Time Remaining: 9 days 3 hours 54 minutes 31 seconds
TRANSFORMERS ALTERNATORS SUBARU IMPREZA WRX  RICOCHET 1:24 #20 - Time Remaining: 8 days 22 hours 57 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers: Generation 1 #1 Foil_CGC 9.8 SS_Cullen (Optimus) Welker (Megatron) - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 28 minutes 13 seconds
TRANSFORMERS ENERGON 2004 STEAMHAMMER CONSTUCTICON MAXIMUS MOC - Time Remaining: 9 days 6 hours 28 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016