Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial

Transformers News: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial

Wednesday, July 2nd, 2014 12:01PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,515

Remote control vehicle company Nikko has updated their YouTube channel with a new commercial for their officially licensed Transformers: Age of Extinction RC vehicles, which include:

• Optimus Prime - Western Star 4900 Phantom Custom
  • Bumblebee - 2014 Chevrolet Concept Camaro
  • Lockdown - 2013 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 Coupe
  • Drift - Helicopter Mode

Credit(s): Nikko

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587461)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 2nd, 2014 @ 4:12pm CDT
Once again from infamous eBay seller lena81822, we have another in-hand image first: Rollbar from the upcoming Age of Extinction "Breakout Battle" exclusive set! Rollbar, a redeco of Generations Skids, is based on Shane Dyson's Chevrolet Sonic rally car that appeared in the recently launched Transformers: Age of Extinction film, and will be included in a three pack with a screen-accurate Evasion Mode Optimus Prime and a seemingly Generation One-inspired redeco of Crankcase. Check out the images below!

Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587463)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 2nd, 2014 @ 4:17pm CDT
Looks good but that mold isn't worth a third dip
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587473)
Posted by Optimizzy on July 2nd, 2014 @ 4:59pm CDT
I like the colors but the lack of detail in the white just makes him a little bland
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587486)
Posted by prjkt on July 2nd, 2014 @ 5:43pm CDT
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587487)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on July 2nd, 2014 @ 5:50pm CDT
What is this set exclusive to again? TRU? WalMart?

I agree it's a bit bland, but since I actually don't have any of the three molds yet, I'll gladly pick this up, even if screen accuracy does indeed make Skid-bar look pretty bland. Dry-erase marker, anyone?

Or maybe a future set will have this guy battle-damaged, and come with a [spoiler]charred human corpse, frozen in mid-stride[/spoiler]? I still can't believe that made the final cut. I mean, I'm happy about it, but still...
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587488)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 2nd, 2014 @ 5:58pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:What is this set exclusive to again? TRU? WalMart

Anywhere Platinum Editions are sold I think, as Breakout Battle is one such set.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587490)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 2nd, 2014 @ 6:27pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:What is this set exclusive to again? TRU? WalMart

If it's Platinum Edition, it's Toys "R" Us. I don't think they've ever been sold anywhere besides Toys "R" Us and/or Big Bad Toy Store.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587491)
Posted by Optimizzy on July 2nd, 2014 @ 6:27pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:

they would have been stupid to cut that. An actual emotional scene in a Bay movie. Rare gem that.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587499)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 2nd, 2014 @ 7:05pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:

What are you talking about? The previous three films were ripe with scenes conveying the emotions of depression, misery, horror, and disgust. :P
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587509)
Posted by Zeedust on July 2nd, 2014 @ 7:32pm CDT
prjkt wrote:I agree with the bland comment, the "wings" look unfinished and the chest is just a block of solid colour, nothing exciting there - I wonder how it would look with the shoulder "missiles" deployed?

Probably depends on if they're painted.

If I get this, it'll probably be to repurpose it as Skid-Z. Yeah, it's a bit of a stretch, but it's not like Hasbro's remaking bit players from RiD left and right.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587512)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on July 2nd, 2014 @ 7:43pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:

The rarest element of the scene was a Bay-movie explosion that left a graphic consequence in its aftermath, rather than blurring into the purely decorative white-noise that Baysplosions typically amount to.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587514)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 2nd, 2014 @ 8:00pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:

Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587520)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on July 2nd, 2014 @ 8:18pm CDT
I...kiiinda like it, but I already have Skids, and I don't like owning too many multiples of the exact same mold if it's not the Seekers.

I mean, sure the hood is pretty bland, but I have to give props to whoever painted the rear end. It's pretty good. And Reprolabels will probably make a nice set for this guy somewhere along the road.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587521)
Posted by MGrotusque on July 2nd, 2014 @ 8:19pm CDT
It looks like a KO or something. Pass
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587523)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 2nd, 2014 @ 8:24pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:

Sorry friend those weren't in the films, those were in the audience. Thank you, thank you, be here all week.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587525)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 2nd, 2014 @ 8:27pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:

Of course. The films' scenes conveyed those emotions to the audience. ;)
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587529)
Posted by LeL on July 2nd, 2014 @ 8:44pm CDT
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587530)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 2nd, 2014 @ 8:54pm CDT
LeL wrote:Was anyone let down when Drift turned into a Bugatti instead of a Mitsubishi evo ?
Not when we both knew what he would turn into ahead of time and saw that his torso was recognizably a Bugatti Veyron's front end.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587556)
Posted by User897 on July 2nd, 2014 @ 11:24pm CDT
Retailer? Price? Release date?
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587558)
Posted by Darkman20xx on July 2nd, 2014 @ 11:30pm CDT
Definitely like this. Only gripe is they could have gave a new head sculpt but then it probably would have been movie like making me like this less. If it's not too expensive I'll probably give it a shot unless the figure with it is utter crap.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem