Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial

Transformers News: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial

Wednesday, July 2nd, 2014 12:01PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 15,646

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Remote control vehicle company Nikko has updated their YouTube channel with a new commercial for their officially licensed Transformers: Age of Extinction RC vehicles, which include:

  • Optimus Prime - Western Star 4900 Phantom Custom
  • Bumblebee - 2014 Chevrolet Concept Camaro
  • Lockdown - 2013 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 Coupe
  • Drift - Helicopter Mode

Credit(s): Nikko
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587461)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 2nd, 2014 @ 4:12pm CDT
Once again from infamous eBay seller lena81822, we have another in-hand image first: Rollbar from the upcoming Age of Extinction "Breakout Battle" exclusive set! Rollbar, a redeco of Generations Skids, is based on Shane Dyson's Chevrolet Sonic rally car that appeared in the recently launched Transformers: Age of Extinction film, and will be included in a three pack with a screen-accurate Evasion Mode Optimus Prime and a seemingly Generation One-inspired redeco of Crankcase. Check out the images below!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587463)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 2nd, 2014 @ 4:17pm CDT
Looks good but that mold isn't worth a third dip
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587473)
Posted by Optimizzy on July 2nd, 2014 @ 4:59pm CDT
I like the colors but the lack of detail in the white just makes him a little bland
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587486)
Posted by prjkt on July 2nd, 2014 @ 5:43pm CDT
I agree with the bland comment, the "wings" look unfinished and the chest is just a block of solid colour, nothing exciting there - I wonder how it would look with the shoulder "missiles" deployed?
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587487)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on July 2nd, 2014 @ 5:50pm CDT
What is this set exclusive to again? TRU? WalMart?

I agree it's a bit bland, but since I actually don't have any of the three molds yet, I'll gladly pick this up, even if screen accuracy does indeed make Skid-bar look pretty bland. Dry-erase marker, anyone?

Or maybe a future set will have this guy battle-damaged, and come with a charred human corpse, frozen in mid-stride? I still can't believe that made the final cut. I mean, I'm happy about it, but still...
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587488)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 2nd, 2014 @ 5:58pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:What is this set exclusive to again? TRU? WalMart


Anywhere Platinum Editions are sold I think, as Breakout Battle is one such set.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587490)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 2nd, 2014 @ 6:27pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:What is this set exclusive to again? TRU? WalMart


Anywhere Platinum Editions are sold I think, as Breakout Battle is one such set.


If it's Platinum Edition, it's Toys "R" Us. I don't think they've ever been sold anywhere besides Toys "R" Us and/or Big Bad Toy Store.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587491)
Posted by Optimizzy on July 2nd, 2014 @ 6:27pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:Or maybe a future set will have this guy battle-damaged, and come with a charred human corpse, frozen in mid-stride? I still can't believe that made the final cut. I mean, I'm happy about it, but still...



they would have been stupid to cut that. An actual emotional scene in a Bay movie. Rare gem that.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587499)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 2nd, 2014 @ 7:05pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:Or maybe a future set will have this guy battle-damaged, and come with a charred human corpse, frozen in mid-stride? I still can't believe that made the final cut. I mean, I'm happy about it, but still...



they would have been stupid to cut that. An actual emotional scene in a Bay movie. Rare gem that.
What are you talking about? The previous three films were ripe with scenes conveying the emotions of depression, misery, horror, and disgust. :P
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587509)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on July 2nd, 2014 @ 7:32pm CDT
prjkt wrote:I agree with the bland comment, the "wings" look unfinished and the chest is just a block of solid colour, nothing exciting there - I wonder how it would look with the shoulder "missiles" deployed?


Probably depends on if they're painted.

If I get this, it'll probably be to repurpose it as Skid-Z. Yeah, it's a bit of a stretch, but it's not like Hasbro's remaking bit players from RiD left and right.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587512)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on July 2nd, 2014 @ 7:43pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:Or maybe a future set will have this guy battle-damaged, and come with a charred human corpse, frozen in mid-stride? I still can't believe that made the final cut. I mean, I'm happy about it, but still...



they would have been stupid to cut that. An actual emotional scene in a Bay movie. Rare gem that.
What are you talking about? The previous three films were ripe with scenes conveying the emotions of depression, misery, horror, and disgust. :P
The rarest element of the scene was a Bay-movie explosion that left a graphic consequence in its aftermath, rather than blurring into the purely decorative white-noise that Baysplosions typically amount to.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587514)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 2nd, 2014 @ 8:00pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:Or maybe a future set will have this guy battle-damaged, and come with a charred human corpse, frozen in mid-stride? I still can't believe that made the final cut. I mean, I'm happy about it, but still...



they would have been stupid to cut that. An actual emotional scene in a Bay movie. Rare gem that.
What are you talking about? The previous three films were ripe with scenes conveying the emotions of depression, misery, horror, and disgust. :P
The rarest element of the scene was a Bay-movie explosion that left a graphic consequence in its aftermath, rather than blurring into the purely decorative white-noise that Baysplosions typically amount to.
Image
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587520)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on July 2nd, 2014 @ 8:18pm CDT
I...kiiinda like it, but I already have Skids, and I don't like owning too many multiples of the exact same mold if it's not the Seekers.

I mean, sure the hood is pretty bland, but I have to give props to whoever painted the rear end. It's pretty good. And Reprolabels will probably make a nice set for this guy somewhere along the road.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587521)
Posted by MGrotusque on July 2nd, 2014 @ 8:19pm CDT
It looks like a KO or something. Pass
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587523)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 2nd, 2014 @ 8:24pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:Or maybe a future set will have this guy battle-damaged, and come with a charred human corpse, frozen in mid-stride? I still can't believe that made the final cut. I mean, I'm happy about it, but still...



they would have been stupid to cut that. An actual emotional scene in a Bay movie. Rare gem that.
What are you talking about? The previous three films were ripe with scenes conveying the emotions of depression, misery, horror, and disgust. :P


Sorry friend those weren't in the films, those were in the audience. Thank you, thank you, be here all week.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587525)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 2nd, 2014 @ 8:27pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:Or maybe a future set will have this guy battle-damaged, and come with a charred human corpse, frozen in mid-stride? I still can't believe that made the final cut. I mean, I'm happy about it, but still...



they would have been stupid to cut that. An actual emotional scene in a Bay movie. Rare gem that.
What are you talking about? The previous three films were ripe with scenes conveying the emotions of depression, misery, horror, and disgust. :P


Sorry friend those weren't in the films, those were in the audience. Thank you, thank you, be here all week.
Of course. The films' scenes conveyed those emotions to the audience. ;)
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587529)
Posted by LeL on July 2nd, 2014 @ 8:44pm CDT
Was anyone let down when Drift turned into a Bugatti instead of a Mitsubishi evo ?
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587530)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 2nd, 2014 @ 8:54pm CDT
LeL wrote:Was anyone let down when Drift turned into a Bugatti instead of a Mitsubishi evo ?
Not when we both knew what he would turn into ahead of time and saw that his torso was recognizably a Bugatti Veyron's front end.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587556)
Posted by User897 on July 2nd, 2014 @ 11:24pm CDT
Retailer? Price? Release date?
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587558)
Posted by Darkman20xx on July 2nd, 2014 @ 11:30pm CDT
Definitely like this. Only gripe is they could have gave a new head sculpt but then it probably would have been movie like making me like this less. If it's not too expensive I'll probably give it a shot unless the figure with it is utter crap.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587585)
Posted by Autobot Dash on July 3rd, 2014 @ 6:15am CDT
I expect him to turn into robot in the movie.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587590)
Posted by Metro Prime on July 3rd, 2014 @ 7:06am CDT
Autobot Dash wrote:I expect him to turn into robot in the movie.

He doesn't. It should be obvious, considering his toy is a repaint.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587593)
Posted by Autobot Dash on July 3rd, 2014 @ 7:30am CDT
Metro Prime wrote:
Autobot Dash wrote:I expect him to turn into robot in the movie.

He doesn't. It should be obvious, considering his toy is a repaint.


But Drift "Helicopter mode" is a repaint too, and I think this mode will apear in the movie. :-?
I don't remember a single one robot in the previous 3 movies that appeared only in vehicle mode. Maybe I'm wrong. So I think that he will shows his face (I hope).

Maybe they did that (the repaint) because he is not very important. Or maybe lack of time to made a original mold to him. Maybe the two.
I don't know, is only speculation.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587595)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 3rd, 2014 @ 7:58am CDT
Autobot Dash wrote:But Drift "Helicopter mode" is a repaint too, and I think this mode will apear in the movie. :-?
No, Drift's helicopter toy is more than a mere repaint. It's remold, with a new head and new parts.

Autobot Dash wrote:I don't remember a single one robot in the previous 3 movies that appeared only in vehicle mode. Maybe I'm wrong. So I think that he will shows his face (I hope).

Maybe they did that (the repaint) because he is not very important. Or maybe lack of time to made a original mold to him. Maybe the two.
I don't know, is only speculation.
Rollbar is not in the movie. Shane's car is not a robot in the movie. They just made this toy to make more money. Ir's not even a movie mold.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587597)
Posted by Autobot Dash on July 3rd, 2014 @ 8:13am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Autobot Dash wrote:But Drift "Helicopter mode" is a repaint too, and I think this mode will apear in the movie. :-?
No, Drift's helicopter toy is more than a mere repaint. It's remold, with a new head and new parts.

Agree.
But is unjust to me.


Sabrblade wrote:
Autobot Dash wrote:I don't remember a single one robot in the previous 3 movies that appeared only in vehicle mode. Maybe I'm wrong. So I think that he will shows his face (I hope).

Maybe they did that (the repaint) because he is not very important. Or maybe lack of time to made a original mold to him. Maybe the two.
I don't know, is only speculation.

Rollbar is not in the movie. Shane's car is not a robot in the movie. They just made this toy to make more money. Ir's not even a movie mold.

Naked truth. :-(
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587600)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 3rd, 2014 @ 8:18am CDT
Autobot Dash wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Autobot Dash wrote:But Drift "Helicopter mode" is a repaint too, and I think this mode will apear in the movie. :-?
No, Drift's helicopter toy is more than a mere repaint. It's remold, with a new head and new parts.

Agree.
But is unjust to me.
Why? That toy's a movie mold. They wouldn't put a character in these movies if his only toy (1 Step changer aside) wasn't a movie mold.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587601)
Posted by GuyIncognito on July 3rd, 2014 @ 8:18am CDT
Is this Rollbar an homage to Armada Minicon Rollbar?

Image
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587602)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 3rd, 2014 @ 8:20am CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:Is this Rollbar an homage to Armada Minicon Rollbar?
Not when Armada Rollbar wasn't rally-colored. They just took the deco of Shane's car, put it on a toy with a somewhat similar altmode, and slapped an existing name on it.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587605)
Posted by GuyIncognito on July 3rd, 2014 @ 8:46am CDT
Maybe you can't call it an homage, but... I don't know, seems like they at least took a few design cues from Armada Rollbar. White body, purple thigs,... I don't think the color similarities are just coincidence.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587611)
Posted by Autobot Dash on July 3rd, 2014 @ 9:09am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Autobot Dash wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Autobot Dash wrote:But Drift "Helicopter mode" is a repaint too, and I think this mode will apear in the movie. :-?
No, Drift's helicopter toy is more than a mere repaint. It's remold, with a new head and new parts.

Agree.
But is unjust to me.
Why? That toy's a movie mold. They wouldn't put a character in these movies if his only toy (1 Step changer aside) wasn't a movie mold.


Unjust (in my opinion) because:
1) Almost sure that the "Helicopter Drift" in movie is not the same helicopter model of Skyhammer (DOTM), presuming that he will transforming in a helicopter...
I live in Brazil, so I didn't watch the AOE movie yet.
I think the 1SC (1 Step Changer) is more movie accurate (again: my speculation)

2) Drift deserves a triple-changer mold - if he is a triple-changer in the movie.

3) If not (if he simply change his alternate mode during the movie history), he deserves a exclusive helicopter mold.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587613)
Posted by ScottyP on July 3rd, 2014 @ 9:11am CDT
I'd love an original mold Drift Triple-Changer too but you know we'll just end up with a blue/black Springer repaint.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587619)
Posted by Autobot Dash on July 3rd, 2014 @ 9:26am CDT
ScottyP wrote:I'd love an original mold Drift Triple-Changer too but you know we'll just end up with a blue/black Springer repaint.



NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :sad: :shock: :sad:

I guess not, because Springer is not a mold of the movie line (sign).
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587628)
Posted by El Duque on July 3rd, 2014 @ 9:58am CDT
We have yet another redeco of the popular Transformers: Age of Extinction Evasion Mode Optimus Prime to report this morning, Takara Tomy has announced a gold plated Lucky Draw Version! To register to win one must purchase LA01 Battle Command Optimus Prime then mail in the entry form. Check out the image mirrored below. Thanks to Cyberpath for the heads up.

Image
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587632)
Posted by El Duque on July 3rd, 2014 @ 10:21am CDT
Our friends over the Transformers Columbia Facebook page have shared a boatload of new official Transformers: Age of Extinction product images. The figures include:

  • Platinum Edition Leader Class Grimlock and Optimus Prime Set
  • One Step Changers: Bumblebee, Drift, Galvatron, Slug, Steeljaw
  • Power Battlers: Grimlock, Galvatron, Snarl, Slug, Lockdown
  • Titan: Lockdown

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587635)
Posted by megatronus on July 3rd, 2014 @ 10:31am CDT
Ugh. Probably wouldn't have splurged on Takara's heavily silvered Leader Prime if I had known about this:


Image
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587641)
Posted by Uncontrolable_myosin on July 3rd, 2014 @ 10:46am CDT
that spinning mace grimlock... smh
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587643)
Posted by Ravage XK on July 3rd, 2014 @ 10:53am CDT
Looks like somebody is trying to punch their way out of Spinning Mace Grimlocks backside, no wonder he's screaming!
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587644)
Posted by leokearon on July 3rd, 2014 @ 10:57am CDT
Mammy make the awful toys go away
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587647)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on July 3rd, 2014 @ 11:10am CDT
I will take 3 steeljaws. Also where the hell are all the decepticobs for the generations line?
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587652)
Posted by Cyberpath on July 3rd, 2014 @ 11:14am CDT
So, do you think AoE Prime (the new design) will get a better toy than the Leader Class and First Edition ones in the not too distant future? (Considering the contrast between his new streamlined robot-body and the bulky Western Star semi, is it even possible?)
What can I say, I kind of wanted one after watching the movie but neither looks like they're worth it.

Also, any new detail about his Evolution 2-pack? (date/price/availability..)
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587654)
Posted by Observedhalo on July 3rd, 2014 @ 11:19am CDT
Was going to pick up the Plat 2-Paxk, but they definitly looked better at Botcon.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587662)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 3rd, 2014 @ 12:07pm CDT
Cyberpath wrote:So, do you think AoE Prime (the new design) will get a better toy than the Leader Class and First Edition ones in the not too distant future? (Considering the contrast between his new streamlined robot-body and the bulky Western Star semi, is it even possible?)
What can I say, I kind of wanted one after watching the movie but neither looks like they're worth it.


It's the best we're going to get for a good while. Plus, the Movie line line will last only until the end of the year, so if you want to get a representation of Prime, either get them now or wait until the next movie.

by the by, Don't make the mistake of grabbing either the First Edition Prime, or its Platinum Silver Knight repaint.

Also, any new detail about his Evolution 2-pack? (date/price/availability..)


- Has Evasion Mode with added blue flame detailing, and Classics Voyager Prime.
- Both have chrome pieces
- Toys 'R Us exclusive like the other Evolution 2-packs.
- Expect it to be released late Summer/early Fall.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587663)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on July 3rd, 2014 @ 12:08pm CDT
Doubledealer93 wrote:I will take 3 steeljaws. Also where the hell are all the decepticobs for the generations line?


Apparently, kids hate buying villains.


Must apply to characters who are jerkholes, too, cause I keep seeing plenty of TF4 Autobots on shelves, too.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587666)
Posted by ALCblackout2498 on July 3rd, 2014 @ 12:16pm CDT
Sorry but that grimlock and optimus are just hideous...
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587670)
Posted by Siger on July 3rd, 2014 @ 12:46pm CDT
ALCblackout2498 wrote:Sorry but that grimlock and optimus are just hideous...


Don't be sorry, tell it like it is. They were bad/average molds to begin with. Maybe they are good to kids but the rest of us don't want that huge backpack on Optimus when he's "Extremely" streamlined in the movie. And Grimlock's dino mode looks like some weird disproportionate mutant lizard rather than a T-Rex.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587672)
Posted by Uncontrolable_myosin on July 3rd, 2014 @ 1:06pm CDT
The most streamline ver of Optimus will probably be the upcoming DMK one, that'll probably be the best there is
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587673)
Posted by Janus Prime on July 3rd, 2014 @ 1:07pm CDT
I like the molding on Steeljaw and Snarl looks great, it´s nice to see that the 1 Step Changers are getting better.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587686)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on July 3rd, 2014 @ 2:29pm CDT
I foresee Mace-Spinnin' Grimlock reviving some extinct Shake-Weight memes.

Along with all my dumb Ass-Master jokes. "Grimlock challenges Nebulos-based Autobot commander Gluteus Maximus to a--"

NO! No, must fight it! RRRRRGH!
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587687)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 3rd, 2014 @ 2:31pm CDT
i dont know why but i kinda like that high octane 1 step bumblebee, not sure if hes a must have but a clearance figure for sure. Steeljaw and slag on the other hand are must buy, just hope walmart keeps these guys at $8. Even chopper drift looks pretty good, reminds me of that one scout mold from energon, the names elude me at the moment. The rest is pretty much garbage, i dont think the AoE line is going to last very long. Its nothing more than repaints & 4 different versions of the same character.
Re: Nikko Transformers: Age of Extinction RC Vehicle Commercial (1587691)
Posted by Autobot Dash on July 3rd, 2014 @ 3:10pm CDT
Hasbro should divide the movie toy line in Adults and Childrens.
All mix it's not a good idea, because they don't do very detailed and complex toys, and in the same time, not so simple as might be.
It turns out that does not do very well in either sides.

Click here to view an additional 814 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...