No Comic Adaptation for Transformers 4

Transformers News: No Comic Adaptation for Transformers 4

Tuesday, December 18th, 2012 9:07AM CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Movie News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 62,207

It looks as though the next installment of the Transformers movie franchise will not receive a comic book adaptation. Director Michael Bay posted an update to his message yesterday that debunked the leaked movie script rumor indicating Transformers 4 will not receive the comic treatment to help keep the movie's plot under wraps. You'll remember prior to Transformers: Dark of the Moon's opening the comic adaption leaked and spoiled the film's major twist involving Sentinel Prime. See the statement from Bay's website below:

Michael Bay wrote:P.S. I bet it is something from Hasbro. This time they are not doing a comic book of the movie because we want to keep our story under wraps. It must be their version of a comic themed Transformers story they are creating.
Credit(s): Michael Bay
Re: No Comic Adaptation for Transformers 4 (1447507)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 18th, 2012 @ 10:07am CST
Bay's adapting. :michaelbay:

Clever...
Re: No Comic Adaptation for Transformers 4 (1447509)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on December 18th, 2012 @ 10:15am CST
Seeing as how stumbling across that spoiler really dulled DOTM's impact for me...good call Michael. Perhaps his most sound TF decision yet.

Of course, IDW might just do one the following year. They did "Wrath of Khan" 2 decades later, so why not?
Re: No Comic Adaptation for Transformers 4 (1447514)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on December 18th, 2012 @ 10:32am CST
Does that mean there will be no book adaptation either?
Re: No Comic Adaptation for Transformers 4 (1447521)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 18th, 2012 @ 10:39am CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:Does that mean there will be no book adaptation either?

Possibly. But I see no immediate release a little bit before or during the film's release.
Re: No Comic Adaptation for Transformers 4 (1447547)
Posted by RiddlerJ on December 18th, 2012 @ 1:06pm CST
How could there be a script leak? He makes these up as he goes along.
Re: No Comic Adaptation for Transformers 4 (1447555)
Posted by prowl123 on December 18th, 2012 @ 2:34pm CST
This happened with both the 2nd and 3rd movies and they both turned out to be fake. No way this is real.
Re: No Comic Adaptation for Transformers 4 (1447619)
Posted by XDMan on December 18th, 2012 @ 8:52pm CST
Well, there is not much for me to say, other than how much I prefer Prime accepting Meg's truce than rejecting it. :-(
Re: No Comic Adaptation for Transformers 4 (1447626)
Posted by Slashercon on December 18th, 2012 @ 9:21pm CST
HALLELUJAH!!! That picture of [spoiler]Sentinel killing Ironhide[/spoiler]also somewhat lowered my expectations of the movie. (And my surprise.)Then again Transformers (2007) was the ONLY time I didn't get spoiled beforehand for a TF movie.
Re: No Comic Adaptation for Transformers 4 (1447701)
Posted by AutoBorst on December 19th, 2012 @ 8:03am CST
Re: No Comic Adaptation for Transformers 4 (1447738)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 19th, 2012 @ 10:54am CST
AutoBorst wrote:How about they just spare us all the pain and skip making the whole film? I'd rather read a shitty story in comic book form then waste another 2 hours watching Bay's TF-garbage.

Movie making is big bucks. Doesn't matter if you're a fan of Bay's Transformers or not: people who want to see big :michaelbay: 's will pay for it.
Re: No Comic Adaptation for Transformers 4 (1447764)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on December 19th, 2012 @ 12:58pm CST

Did someone force you to watch Bay's TF films?
Re: No Comic Adaptation for Transformers 4 (1447805)
Posted by Red 50 on December 19th, 2012 @ 3:37pm CST

No-one's gonna force you to watch it. You can skip it. As for myself, all I can say is that when it comes out, I'll race to the cinema. No matter how bad it might be.
Re: No Comic Adaptation for Transformers 4 (1450471)
Posted by El Duque on December 30th, 2012 @ 9:17pm CST
Director Michael Bay's official facebook page was just updated with his previously released response in regards to the TF4 script leak. The comment itself isn't new, but it came with a new TF4 movie poster. As you can see in the image mirrored below the poster features Optimus Prime in the background with a group of onlookers in the foreground. Whether this image was just thrown together to accompany the facebook update, or it actually factors into the plot of TF4 is of course unknown.

[quote]Some Internet sites reported that some document recovery guy has found a legitimate 120 page script of Transformers 4. I can absolutely 100 percent say this is completely false. The only two people in the world that have our unfinished script are Kruger and myself. Also we are only up to page 70 in our T4 script. Maybe this guy has a cartoon or something else – but definitely not our movie!

Michael bay[/quote]

Re: No Comic Adaptation for Transformers 4 (1450472)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 30th, 2012 @ 9:21pm CST
Looks kinda cool. Hopefully the toys will be better than DOTM. >:oP
Re: No Comic Adaptation for Transformers 4 (1450474)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on December 30th, 2012 @ 9:23pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:Looks kinda cool. Hopefully the toys will be better than DOTM. >:oP

this. i could care less about the plot. i want the toys if they are better.
Re: No Comic Adaptation for Transformers 4 (1450476)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on December 30th, 2012 @ 9:31pm CST
WOW
I don't care!
Re: No Comic Adaptation for Transformers 4 (1450483)
Posted by Seibertron on December 30th, 2012 @ 9:55pm CST
Run Optimus Prime! They're Walkers!!!
Re: No Comic Adaptation for Transformers 4 (1450485)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 30th, 2012 @ 9:59pm CST
Seibertron wrote:Run Optimus Prime! They're Walkers!!!

Walking Dead reference ftw!
Re: No Comic Adaptation for Transformers 4 (1450487)
Posted by Janus Prime on December 30th, 2012 @ 10:01pm CST
Well, I was expecting a new design for Optimus... I guess he looks a little different... Nemesis?
Re: No Comic Adaptation for Transformers 4 (1450489)
Posted by PaxCybertron82 on December 30th, 2012 @ 10:10pm CST
Meh...when I heard "reboot" I kinda hoped it would include not having the Transformers be metal alien monsters with weird faces.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #144 - Don't Touch That Dial