Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side?

Transformers News: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side?

Sunday, June 1st, 2008 12:10PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Rumors
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 11,438

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Seibertron.com's own Skowl has found some interesting info about possibly adding characters to the Transformers ranks for TF2. Here's what he found:

Roberto Orci stating (in a way) that Transformers 2 may have up to 10 robots on each side, potentially doubling the cast of the first film (which stood at 13)

See Mr. Orci's original post by clicking here.

:
I'd love and think we could almost barely manage ten on each side, with some front and center and others as more supporting.


What could this mean? It could mean MORE GIANT FREAKIN' ROBOTS, that's what. Let us know what you think by clicking View User Comments above.
Credit(s): Skowl
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (712925)
Posted by Unicron Singularity on June 1st, 2008 @ 12:44pm CDT
I'd like:

Prime
BB
Ironhide
Ratchet
Smokescreen
Jetfire/Silverbolt
Hot Rod/Rodimus(trademarked Hot Rod, for some reason, i think)
Prowl
Jazz?
(kinda hoping for Ultra Magnus, but that'd be difficult, perhaps?)


Galvatron
Starscream
Shockwave
Thundercracker
Wreckage
Soundwave
Ravage
Barricade
Cyclonus
Skywarp
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (712936)
Posted by timothyVritchey on June 1st, 2008 @ 12:55pm CDT
12 months is a long time, I'm sure it can be done, especially with the amount of people they have working on it.

As for autobots, i'd like to see..
Magnus
Prowl
Hot Rod
Tracks
Wheeljack
Sideswipe
Inferno

And decepticons..
Blitzwing or Astrotrain
Skywarp.. probably unlikely
Soundwave, obviously
Shockwave
and maybe some new characters cause i really liked blackout.

AND HOPEFULLY WE WILL GET A LEADER CLASS STARSCREAM.. ya know.. a figure that actually looks like an F/A-22 Raptor.
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (712940)
Posted by timothyVritchey on June 1st, 2008 @ 12:56pm CDT
i just hope they don't make up new autobots, i think there are enough awesome g1 characters to choose from.
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (712941)
Posted by Bumblebeast on June 1st, 2008 @ 12:58pm CDT
More robots = More toys. I can't complain, and neither will Hasbro. :grin:
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (712957)
Posted by Anonymous on June 1st, 2008 @ 1:16pm CDT
OH man that is awesome, the more the merrier. We already know some of the transformers who are in both sides, but is there enough to have a combiner! :???:
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (712968)
Posted by Menbailee on June 1st, 2008 @ 1:24pm CDT
On EACH side? Considering that one of our early story breaks featured a three-way battle, could that mean 30? If there were only two sides, the story would read "either," but it's too common a grammatical error to go on. Still, this would keep the feeling of the Autobots being outnumbered. 20 'cons, who fortunately are more busy fighting each other than our side. The utter chaos that such a battle could present boggles the mind, which is probably exactly the sort of thing Bay would love.
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (712971)
Posted by ***Galvatron*** on June 1st, 2008 @ 1:29pm CDT
Luketroop wrote:OH man that is awesome, the more the merrier. We already know some of the transformers who are in both sides, but is there enough to have a combiner! :???:


Most combiners have five or six bots in each one so even if there is a combiner in any of the movies it still leaves plenty of room for he rest of them...they also don't need to stay in gestalt mode the entire time.

B-)
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (712989)
Posted by cybertronianjedi on June 1st, 2008 @ 2:09pm CDT
If the Constructicons are there....I will be as happy as I was when they made Armada(the "G1" of my era). :D


But Bonecrusher might live, his head was cut off, but Frenzy still made it. Why can't he?(because he HATES his movie role)
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (712998)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 1st, 2008 @ 2:20pm CDT
Well, it was stated a while back that this film would have a lot more giant robots than the first film.
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (713002)
Posted by ***Galvatron*** on June 1st, 2008 @ 2:25pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Well, it was stated a while back that this film would have a lot more giant robots than the first film.


A bigger budget means more bots indeed! ILM alone took forty million dollars as their fee for the first film so TF2's budget should be at least 175-200 million this time around you'd imagine.

Also, there is supposed to be a "better balance of robot to human" screen time and story line than the first film.

:D
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (713003)
Posted by polystyleneman on June 1st, 2008 @ 2:29pm CDT
More robots are cool, I just wish they'd make an announcement that they're including more CHARACTER this time. I'd take quality over quantity anytime.
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (713006)
Posted by DecepticonsRule on June 1st, 2008 @ 2:39pm CDT
Yeah, I posted this one on TFW2005, but the site seems to be down right now.
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (713032)
Posted by Armada12 on June 1st, 2008 @ 3:32pm CDT
i think the 10 new autobots are
ultra magnus
rodimus
I would like hot shot to be in the movie
arcee
jetfire
wheeljack
sunstreaker
sideswipe
bluestreaker
and prowl

decepticons
astrotrain
cyclonus
blitzwing
scourge
motor master
thrust
ramjet
skywarp
thundercracker
and dirge
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (713040)
Posted by omega666 on June 1st, 2008 @ 3:50pm CDT
The more robots the better and more screen time.
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (713049)
Posted by Foallen on June 1st, 2008 @ 4:10pm CDT
Along with others, I don't necessarily think more robots will make it better... They had so few on the first movie and they still managed to barely give them any personalities. Really.

Oh well, here's hoping this run will be better.
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (713069)
Posted by primeoptimus on June 1st, 2008 @ 4:45pm CDT
autobots-
optimus prime
bumblebee
ratchet
ironhide
jazz(in g1 colors)
prowl
arcee
jetfire
mirage
sunstreaker
sideswipe

decepticons-
megatron
starscream
barricade
skorponok(reformatted)
soundwave
ravage
skywarp(not starscream recolor)
thundercracker(not starscream recolor)
shockwave
lazerbeak



and maybe some neutrals
dewbot
xbox robot
stockade
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (713127)
Posted by Coolyfett on June 1st, 2008 @ 6:09pm CDT
timothyVritchey wrote:12 months is a long time, I'm sure it can be done, especially with the amount of people they have working on it.

As for autobots, i'd like to see..
Magnus
Prowl
Hot Rod
Tracks
Wheeljack
Sideswipe
Inferno

And decepticons..
Blitzwing or Astrotrain
Skywarp.. probably unlikely
Soundwave, obviously
Shockwave
and maybe some new characters cause i really liked blackout.

AND HOPEFULLY WE WILL GET A LEADER CLASS STARSCREAM.. ya know.. a figure that actually looks like an F/A-22 Raptor.


Finally a legit list!!! This guy Tim knows the bizness!! Anywho I have no I idea about a wreckage...Id rather Wheelie.

Cyclonus/Scourge & Thundercracker/Skywarp in the same movie is a dumb idea. Thats like Robin & Nightwing in the same flick...cmon people stop with the WACKNESS!!

Check it out Tim...I think a triplechanger is a great idea. What do you think about Springer??
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (713134)
Posted by Coolyfett on June 1st, 2008 @ 6:13pm CDT
CJH wrote:Maybe having more money this time, more resources might make it alright, but it seems like a lot to ask for in 12 months.



YOOOOOOOOO!!! CJH the Crazamatic One!!! Whats up FOOL!!!! Where you been? :D :D
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (713136)
Posted by Scaleface on June 1st, 2008 @ 6:14pm CDT
Any chance that most of the robots will have more than 3 lines each, unlike the last movie?
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (713140)
Posted by ***Galvatron*** on June 1st, 2008 @ 6:16pm CDT
primeoptimus wrote:
and maybe some neutrals
dewbot
xbox robot
stockade



I would love to see the return of the Dewbot to dispense more cans of sticky bright green liquid justice on the meatbags! :twisted:


:lol:
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (713149)
Posted by Coolyfett on June 1st, 2008 @ 6:27pm CDT
Scaleface wrote:Any chance that most of the robots will have more than 3 lines each, unlike the last movie?


Well they say TF2 is suppose to have more Transformers storylines to follow. Not like TF1 where we had the Military, Hackers & Sector 7 stories eventually coming together near the end. And thats not including Sam's story.

I think Bay is starting to understand the responsibility of the Transformer Brand. Lets give him another chance. If he messes up TF2, well don't support TF3. I hoping he does TF2 right and makes a classic.
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (713384)
Posted by primeoptimus on June 1st, 2008 @ 10:29pm CDT
***Galvatron*** wrote:
primeoptimus wrote:
and maybe some neutrals
dewbot
xbox robot
stockade



I would love to see the return of the Dewbot to dispense more cans of sticky bright green liquid justice on the meatbags! :twisted:


:lol:





codename-dewbot
objective-destroy humans and autobots
weapons-a skull-crushing soda can gun
allies-none
disquise-human liquid disposal unit
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (713389)
Posted by Cascadia on June 1st, 2008 @ 10:39pm CDT
10 robots on each side could have advantages as well as disadvantages. Yes it could mean more toys, which would make kids and collectors as well as Hasbro happy. But hopefully, the robots have more screen time so that there is more character development when comparing to the small amount that occurred in the first one.
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (713851)
Posted by Dragonslayer on June 2nd, 2008 @ 11:11am CDT
10 on each side would be awesome, though I am concerned a little about character development and dialouge. But I'll have to wait and see for myself. That said, I'd like to see:

Optimus Prime
Ironhide
Ratchet
Bumblebee
Jazz (if the rumors are true)
Ultra Magnus
Hot Rod
Prowl
Arcee
Jetfire

Megatron
Starscream
Thundercracker
Skywarp
Soundwave
Shockwave
Blitzwing
Barricade
Ravage
Laserbeak
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (714123)
Posted by primeoptimus on June 2nd, 2008 @ 3:47pm CDT
how about this-
autobots:
optimus
ratchet
bumblebee
ironhide
jazz(in g1 colors)
ultra magnus
arcee
wreck-gar
jetfire
sentinel prime

decepticons:
megatron(as an f-16)
starscream
thundercacker
skywarp
soundwave
ravage
barricade
skorponok
lugnut
blitzwing
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (714269)
Posted by ken_meredith on June 2nd, 2008 @ 6:20pm CDT
With the way the first movie was shot, does it really matter who's included? I could hardly tell who was who once they started fighting.

Then again, if Soundwave is actually in Transformers 2...
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (714296)
Posted by ***Galvatron*** on June 2nd, 2008 @ 6:40pm CDT
ken_meredith wrote:With the way the first movie was shot, does it really matter who's included? I could hardly tell who was who once they started fighting.

Then again, if Soundwave is actually in Transformers 2...



I had no problems keeping up with the action and could tell who was who in every scene. I wear glasses and have for several years now and they are actually well worn and past their prime...maybe they were the glasses all the bots were looking for in the first movie ? :P

I fully agree the first movie could have been better but I still thought that it was a good start to this version of the TF franchise.

Anyway, the second film is supposed to have a better ratio of robot screen time to human screen time than the first...as far as dialog goes I will not expect a great depth in to characterization on each bot, maybe some in-fighting with the auto bot ranks for a change but that seems highly unlikely with the TF history and it will be on the Decepticon side especially with StarScream leaving the earth for reinforcements I bet but characterization can be followed up on in TF3 as well...we don't necessarily need a complete "back story" on every bot like they do on the characters on "Lost" at least not all at once as that would take up too much time and budget.

I think and hope TF2 will be an improvement on several levels but nobody should expect or demand perfection. :)
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (714617)
Posted by Coolyfett on June 3rd, 2008 @ 12:39am CDT
Cascadia wrote:10 robots on each side could have advantages as well as disadvantages. Yes it could mean more toys, which would make kids and collectors as well as Hasbro happy. But hopefully, the robots have more screen time so that there is more character development when comparing to the small amount that occurred in the first one.


Changes they won't be able to develop everyone for TF2. But focus on at least 8 of the 20 would be great IMO.

Cascadia who you like TF2 to focus on from TF1?
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (714618)
Posted by Coolyfett on June 3rd, 2008 @ 12:42am CDT
Dragonslayer wrote:10 on each side would be awesome, though I am concerned a little about character development and dialouge. But I'll have to wait and see for myself. That said, I'd like to see:

Optimus Prime
Ironhide
Ratchet
Bumblebee
Jazz (if the rumors are true)
Ultra Magnus
Hot Rod
Prowl
Arcee
Jetfire

Megatron
Starscream
Thundercracker
Skywarp
Soundwave
Shockwave
Blitzwing
Barricade
Ravage
Laserbeak


Thats a great list Drags. I really hope a triplechanger is in the mix as well.
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (714635)
Posted by ultra tron on June 3rd, 2008 @ 1:11am CDT
If remeber the rejects for the first movie, I can make an educated guess.

Autobots
Optimus Prime (this is a real stretch... :lol:
Ironhide
Ratchet
Bumblebee
Wheeljack
Prowl
Arcee
Brawn
Hound
Hot Rod (maybe for the third)
Trailbreaker

Leaving one extra becasue somebody might die...

Decepticons ( this is so hard becasue they migh seriously make more movie exclusive chracters like Blackout, etc)

Starscream
Soundwave
Constructicons (five)
Blitzwing
Skywarp- name hasn't been used on any movie merchandice that I know of
Barricade as a leftover that migh die within the first 10 min
scorponok and ravage they are small though...
i Creative/unique decepticon
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (714642)
Posted by primeoptimus on June 3rd, 2008 @ 1:25am CDT
ultra tron wrote:If remeber the rejects for the first movie, I can make an educated guess.

Autobots
Optimus Prime (this is a real stretch... :lol:
Ironhide
Ratchet
Bumblebee
Wheeljack
Prowl
Arcee
Brawn
Hound
Hot Rod (maybe for the third)
Trailbreaker

Leaving one extra becasue somebody might die...

Decepticons ( this is so hard becasue they migh seriously make more movie exclusive chracters like Blackout, etc)

Starscream
Soundwave
Constructicons (five)
Blitzwing
Skywarp- name hasn't been used on any movie merchandice that I know of
Barricade as a leftover that migh die within the first 10 min
scorponok and ravage they are small though...
i Creative/unique decepticon





actually,the original cast from movie 1 were:
autobots:
optimus
bumblebee
ratchet
jazz
prowl
arcee
wheeljack

decepticons:
megatron
starscream
ramjet
shockwave
soundwave
ravage
bonecrusher
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (714653)
Posted by Coolyfett on June 3rd, 2008 @ 1:40am CDT
primeoptimus wrote:


actually,the original cast from movie 1 were:
autobots:
optimus
bumblebee
ratchet
jazz
prowl
arcee
wheeljack

decepticons:
megatron
starscream
ramjet
shockwave
soundwave
ravage
bonecrusher


Cool...Im interested in seeing how they make Shockwave if they use him for TF2.
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (714698)
Posted by primeoptimus on June 3rd, 2008 @ 4:11am CDT
Coolyfett wrote:
primeoptimus wrote:


actually,the original cast from movie 1 were:
autobots:
optimus
bumblebee
ratchet
jazz
prowl
arcee
wheeljack

decepticons:
megatron
starscream
ramjet
shockwave
soundwave
ravage
bonecrusher


Cool...Im interested in seeing how they make Shockwave if they use him for TF2.




im thinking this-

http://darkratbat.deviantart.com/art/

or

http://mitgas.deviantart.com/art/

i did not make either of these
Re: Roberto Orci: TF2 to Have 10 Robots on Each Side? (714773)
Posted by ***Galvatron*** on June 3rd, 2008 @ 7:06am CDT
primeoptimus wrote:




im thinking this-

http://darkratbat.deviantart.com/art/

or

http://mitgas.deviantart.com/art/

i did not make either of these[/quote]

f.y.i. both of those links lead to a page that says file not found . :?
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus
Twincast / Podcast #105:
"Megatronus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 23rd, 2014