Transformers News: Rumor: BotCon 2014 to be held at the Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena California?

Tuesday, September 3rd, 2013 8:19PM CDT

Category: Event News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 25,591

A quick call by Seibertron member First Gen to the Pasadena Sheraton reveals to us that BotCon 2014 could possibly be held at the Pasadena Convention Center in Pasadena, CA in June according to the Sheraton employees. Speculation was that it would be held in Pasadena again since 2014 is a movie year just like 2009 and 2011 (Revenge of the Fallen and Dark of the Moon), although the June 2014 event dates have yet to be posted on the Pasadena Convention Center website. There is also a discounted hotel block at the Sheraton in June. The phone number to the Pasadena Sheraton is 626-449-4000 or 888-627-8670 for hotel reservations.

Note this has not been confirmed by Fun Publications. Stay tuned to Seibertron.com and we will update you when we receive official confirmation.

BotCon 2014 to be held at the Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena California?
Credit(s): Sheraton Pasadena
Re: Rumor: BotCon 2014 to be held at the Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena California? (1515655)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 3rd, 2013 @ 8:34pm CDT
Was juuuust reading about this over at TFW2005, and was thinking about writing up a report. :lol:

Ugh, will BotCon ever leave California again? Seriously, I'd like to go for once and not have to sell a kidney. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Rumor: BotCon 2014 to be held at the Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena California? (1515658)
Posted by First Gen on September 3rd, 2013 @ 8:49pm CDT
Behold, the Return of First Gen to Botcon!!
Re: Rumor: BotCon 2014 to be held at the Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena California? (1515659)
Posted by Emerje on September 3rd, 2013 @ 8:51pm CDT
Bah, really wanted this to be in RI again since it's the 30th anniversary. Seemed like the perfect chance for another Hasbro tour.

Emerje
Re: Rumor: BotCon 2014 to be held at the Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena California? (1515660)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 3rd, 2013 @ 8:52pm CDT

:BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Rumor: BotCon 2014 to be held at the Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena California? (1515661)
Posted by Down_Shift on September 3rd, 2013 @ 9:07pm CDT
Well, I jumped and got a room. Big thanks going out Steve on the Facebooks for giving my Canadian ass the heads up!

Finally making a comeback after four long years!
Re: Rumor: BotCon 2014 to be held at the Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena California? (1515666)
Posted by Mkall on September 3rd, 2013 @ 9:25pm CDT
Signed up! Mkall is going to Botcon 2014!

Edit: First Gen and Down_Shift? This is gonna be off da chain!
Re: Rumor: BotCon 2014 to be held at the Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena California? (1515667)
Posted by harvester on September 3rd, 2013 @ 9:37pm CDT
Booked. If they have the reservation block, this has got to be real. The hotel staff is confirming as well. Only thing that would suck would be if this is just one of the places you can stay, but the convention this time is somewhere else.
Re: Rumor: BotCon 2014 to be held at the Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena California? (1515668)
Posted by phase on September 3rd, 2013 @ 9:38pm CDT
I LIVE in LA, and even I'm tired of BotCon on the West Coast.
Re: Rumor: BotCon 2014 to be held at the Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena California? (1515669)
Posted by Air Commander Starscream on September 3rd, 2013 @ 9:39pm CDT
I'm down for Pasadena again. Only a 12 or so hour drive.
Re: Rumor: BotCon 2014 to be held at the Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena California? (1515673)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on September 3rd, 2013 @ 10:05pm CDT
For those of us on the east coast, may I just say :sad:
Re: Rumor: BotCon 2014 to be held at the Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena California? (1515676)
Posted by Seibertron on September 3rd, 2013 @ 10:14pm CDT
Hm ... if you go to this URL

You'll see they had a general two week date range for this year's BotCon, which was not in Pasadena. I wonder if they put in a tentative date reservation but obviously didn't end up using those dates there. If the link above doesn't work for you, just go to their calendar and change the event id in the URL to 12129 but keep your sessionid.

Pasadena Convention Center wrote:Transformers Convention (BOTCON) 2013 Add To Outlook Calendar

Date: Monday, 06/17/13 07:00 AM - Wednesday, 06/26/13 11:59

To The Public
Re: Rumor: BotCon 2014 to be held at the Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena California? (1515677)
Posted by ScottyP on September 3rd, 2013 @ 10:15pm CDT
I'd love an East Coast location, but, really, selfishly...

:sits in hotel room in CA to write this post:

I'm out here once a month or so anyhow. Can easily tie a business trip into it. Let's do it!
Re: Rumor: BotCon 2014 to be held at the Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena California? (1515681)
Posted by Seibertron on September 3rd, 2013 @ 10:22pm CDT

• Universal Studios Transformers Ride[/*:m]
  • Activision located in California[/*:m]
  • High Moon Studios located in California[/*:m]
  • IDW is located in California[/*:m]
  • Majority of talent involved with Transformers movies are located in California[/*:m]
  • Majority of talent involved with Transformers cartoons are located in California[/*:m]
  • Hasbro Studios is located in California[/*:m]
  • Paramount is located in California[/*:m]
  • Shout Factory is located in California[/*:m]
  • Loyal Subjects is located in California[/*:m]
  • Closer location for our international fans from Australia and Asia[/*:m]
  • More Transformers fans than any other state! The traffic Seibertron.com receives from California (#1) is just under the amount from Texas (#2) and New York (#3) combined![/*:m][/list:u]

Keeping it in the same place every year also has a few other advantages ...

• Enables Fun Pub to build a better relationship with the convention center[/*:m]
    • Enables Fun Pub to learn the ropes of the location better[/*:m]
    • Enables us to know where we have to fly to every year[/*:m]
    • Enables us to become more familiar with the various hotel locations so we can find the places that best suit our needs[/*:m][/list:u]
Re: Rumor: BotCon 2014 to be held at the Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena California? (1515682)
Posted by First Gen on September 3rd, 2013 @ 10:24pm CDT
FYI, 2009 was the 25th anniversary and release of RotF.
Re: Rumor: BotCon 2014 to be held at the Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena California? (1515685)
Posted by njb902 on September 3rd, 2013 @ 10:28pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:As much as I'd love to have BotCon here in Chicago again, I think it would be more beneficial to the convention if they would just pick a place and keep it there. I think Pasadena is a really good location. It certainly makes for an entertaining BotCon having it be so close to so many things Transformers related. Take off your selfish "i want it in my city!" hats for a moment and tell me one other place in the country that can offer ALL of this ...

• Universal Studios Transformers Ride[/*:m]
  • Activision located in California[/*:m]
  • High Moon Studios located in California[/*:m]
  • IDW is located in California[/*:m]
  • Hasbro Studios is located in California[/*:m]
  • Paramount is located in California[/*:m]
  • Shout Factory is located in California[/*:m]
  • Loyal Subjects is located in California[/*:m]
  • Closer location for our international fans from Australia and Asia[/*:m]
  • Lower shipping costs for Fun Pub to move products from shipping docks to convention center (assuming they have these timed properly and don't have to ship them twice)[/*:m][/list:u]

Yes but I live in Pennsylvania [-(
Re: Rumor: BotCon 2014 to be held at the Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena California? (1515693)
Posted by morphobots on September 3rd, 2013 @ 11:29pm CDT
njb902 wrote:

• Universal Studios Transformers Ride[/*:m]
  • Activision located in California[/*:m]
  • High Moon Studios located in California[/*:m]
  • IDW is located in California[/*:m]
  • Hasbro Studios is located in California[/*:m]
  • Paramount is located in California[/*:m]
  • Shout Factory is located in California[/*:m]
  • Loyal Subjects is located in California[/*:m]
  • Closer location for our international fans from Australia and Asia[/*:m]

Yes but I live in Pennsylvania [-(

Re: Rumor: BotCon 2014 to be held at the Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena California? (1515694)
Posted by Seibertron on September 3rd, 2013 @ 11:33pm CDT
morphobots wrote:Seconded, even though I don't live in Pennsylvania. The last con I was able to attend was in 2004, and even then and previous to that the only way I was able to afford attending was to sell my exclusives as soon as I came home. Seibertron makes many valid points about California, but (puts on selfish hat) I live in a podunk town in northern Indiana where I'm the town weirdo for my hobby. I'd really like to be able to talk face-to-face again with people who understand what I enjoy.

Are you opposed to flying to California? If BotCon is indeed in June 2014 you bought your plane ticket next May, you'd only have to save $50 per month for the next 8 months to afford a $400 plane ticket, which is the only extra expense if BotCon were in California versus being within 6 hours of wherever you live.
Re: Rumor: BotCon 2014 to be held at the Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena California? (1515697)
Posted by morphobots on September 3rd, 2013 @ 11:48pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Not so much opposed to flying to California as dealing with the fact I now work 2 jobs thanks to the recession, one of which gives me less than 15 hours of vacation time a year. It simply would be easier for me to drive to Chicago, Rosemont, Cincinnati, or Indianapolis for a day on the weekend. As you said, selfish, I agree. But sometimes you can't help feeling that way.
Re: Rumor: BotCon 2014 to be held at the Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena California? (1515704)
Posted by Antron on September 4th, 2013 @ 12:54am CDT
Re: Rumor: BotCon 2014 to be held at the Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena California? (1515709)
Posted by njb902 on September 4th, 2013 @ 1:18am CDT
Antron wrote:I'll say it. Ef California. I hope they get "The Big One" and CA falls off the map. I guess it's my fault. I didn't go when it was in Kentucky and it's done nothing but move farther away from me. Every year I say to myself, "BotCon moves every year. This is going to be the year I get to go." Now Cali is double dipping. Come on guys. You have fans in the rest of the country too. They might as well have it in Japan at this point. What's the point of going to BotCon when you've spent your whole budget just getting there?

That's ridiculous.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Generations BLAST OFF Complete Bruticus FOC Blastoff Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 11 minutes
Transformers Robots in Disguise MEGATRON + GALVATRON CASE FRESH MINT MINT MINT - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 46 minutes 49 seconds
1986 Transformers: The Movie Lot of 4 Vintage Portfolio Folders Hasbro Galvatron - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 minutes 37 seconds
12CM Transformers G1 SD LED Bumblebee  NEW - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 35 minutes 55 seconds
Takara Tomy TRANSFORMERS PRIME ARMS MICRON AM-01 OPTIMUS PRIME Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 8 hours 36 minutes 14 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-29 Destron Shockwave Japan without Coin - Time Remaining: 3 days 9 hours 37 minutes 31 seconds
RARE Transformers Dinobots Sludge & Snarl 2-Pack (Hasbro, 2002, MOSC, Armada) - Time Remaining: 9 days 21 hours 15 minutes 29 seconds
Takara Transformers Generations TG05 BRAWL Complete Fall Of Cybertron Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 32 minutes 41 seconds
Website Security Test