Transformers 4 Confirmed to Film in Detroit

Transformers News: Transformers 4 Confirmed to Film in Detroit

Wednesday, March 20th, 2013 1:41PM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 29,046

The Michigan Film Office has posted a press release confirming Michael Bay's Transformers 4 will be filming in Detroit. Both the 2007 Transformers live action movie and Transformers: Dark of the Moon filed in Detroit. See the press release below.

Update: Plot Details Removed Upon Request.

Transformers Returning to Michigan, Approved for Film Incentive

March 20, 2013

LANSING – The Michigan Film Office announced today Michael Bay’s Transformers 4 has been approved for a film incentive from the state. Transformers 4 will film this spring in metro Detroit.

“It speaks volumes about all Michigan has to offer that Transformers is returning once again to our state,” said Margaret O’Riley, director of the Michigan Film Office. “This project will shine another bright spotlight on Michigan and provide tremendous opportunities for our cast, crew and support services.

Transformers 4 was awarded an incentive of $20 million on $81,933,992 of projected in-state expenditures. The project is expected to hire 368 Michigan workers with a full time equivalent of 339 jobs.

Transformers 4 is the third film in the series to use Detroit as a backdrop. The first Transformers, released in 2007, and Transformers: Dark of the Moon, released in 2011, also filmed in metro Detroit.

In Fiscal Year 2013, 13 projects have been awarded a total of $30,962,806 on $120,172,305 of approved production expenditures for the year. These projects are expected to create 1,190 Michigan hires with a full time equivalent of 559 jobs.

The Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) Film Review Committee, comprised of senior MEDC staff including the Michigan Film Commissioner, reviews all completed applications using the statute to guide approval decisions.

The Michigan Film Office was created in 1979 to assist and attract incoming production companies and promote the growth of Michigan’s own film industry. The Film Office also administers the incentive program for film, television and other digital media production in Michigan. For more on the Michigan Film Office, visit: MichiganFilmOffice.org.

The Michigan Economic Development Corporation markets the state with a focus on business, talent, jobs and helping to grow the economy. For more on MEDC and its initiatives, visit: MichiganAdvantage.org.

# # #

TRANSFORMERS and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro. © 2013 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
Credit(s): Michigan Film Office

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers 4 Confirmed to Film in Detroit (1473078)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 20th, 2013 @ 1:47pm CDT
IF this is true, I can only say one thing.

UNICRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But remember, that's a big IF.
Re: Transformers 4 Confirmed to Film in Detroit (1473079)
Posted by reluctantyouth on March 20th, 2013 @ 1:49pm CDT
GAWD.... :-x

Let the rumor mill begin...these plot points do not sit well with me. I see an ancient evil being of course Unicron. My worst fear is Unicron being portrayed as a friggin cosmic cloud or something equally as stupid. That crap didn't work for Rise of Silver Surfer and it is not going to work for Transformers either. Go bullistic Bay...crap all over this please...please we beg you to make this movie a complete waste of time. :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers 4 Confirmed to Film in Detroit (1473082)
Posted by germismith on March 20th, 2013 @ 2:02pm CDT
Does anyone else get a little upset that our precious time with Peter Cullen is being wasted on Michael Bay? >:oP
Re: Transformers 4 Confirmed to Film in Detroit (1473096)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 20th, 2013 @ 2:44pm CDT
Re: Transformers 4 Confirmed to Film in Detroit (1473099)
Posted by PrymeStriker on March 20th, 2013 @ 2:53pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:This is Bay's last time directing Transformers. 5 and 6 will be under new management.

That's what he said about Dark of the Moon. :roll:
Re: Transformers 4 Confirmed to Film in Detroit (1473100)
Posted by Rex Prime on March 20th, 2013 @ 2:54pm CDT
Ancient Powerful Transformer Menace=Unicron
Re: Transformers 4 Confirmed to Film in Detroit (1473101)
Posted by DanaCornZine on March 20th, 2013 @ 2:56pm CDT
And now Michael Bay will make UNICRON look stupid too!
Re: Transformers 4 Confirmed to Film in Detroit (1473104)
Posted by PrymeStriker on March 20th, 2013 @ 2:57pm CDT
reluctantyouth wrote:My worst fear is Unicron being portrayed as a friggin cosmic cloud or something equally as stupid.

Or something equally as original? Do you fear originality or would you like to innovate? >:oP
Re: Transformers 4 Confirmed to Film in Detroit (1473112)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on March 20th, 2013 @ 3:10pm CDT
How can he call it transformers if all of them are off the planet? Where are the bots? I fear this will have very little transformers in it and be "HUMANS WITH A LITTLE BIT OF ROBOT ACTION AND NO ROBOT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT". I can say for once im not looking forward to this movie.
Re: Transformers 4 Confirmed to Film in Detroit (1473115)
Posted by NTESHFT on March 20th, 2013 @ 3:14pm CDT

I know i will go see this more than likely, but I do not have high hopes.........I just hope the kids like it.....because i'm sure i will be disappointed.......oh well >:oP
Re: Transformers 4 Confirmed to Film in Detroit (1473120)
Posted by njb902 on March 20th, 2013 @ 3:23pm CDT
I hope this means we will get Galvatron, Cyclonus , and Scourge.
Re: Transformers 4 Confirmed to Film in Detroit (1473121)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on March 20th, 2013 @ 3:29pm CDT
headsortails wrote:I'm sorry, but portraying Unicron as a cosmic cloud will be just as stupid as what was done to Galactus in Rise of the Silver surfer. Unicron is a transformer, not star dust.....hence the name Transformers......

Woah woah, that cloud in rise of the silver surfer was suppose to be galactus? Seriously?!?
Re: Transformers 4 Confirmed to Film in Detroit (1473124)
Posted by njb902 on March 20th, 2013 @ 3:39pm CDT
Doubledealer93 wrote:

Yes it was. However I see no reason that they will do so with Unicron.
Re: Transformers 4 Confirmed to Film in Detroit (1473131)
Posted by PrymeStriker on March 20th, 2013 @ 4:07pm CDT
headsortails wrote:Unicron is a transformer, not star dust.....hence the name Transformers......

Unicron is a god that transforms, but I digress.

Who said Unicron was without-a-doubt going to be a cloud in the fourth movie? He doesn't have to be a cloud, but he doesn't have to be a giant planet[-eater] either.
Re: Transformers 4 Confirmed to Film in Detroit (1473132)
Posted by SlyTF1 on March 20th, 2013 @ 4:14pm CDT
Re: Transformers 4 Confirmed to Film in Detroit (1473134)
Posted by Burn on March 20th, 2013 @ 4:16pm CDT
njb902 wrote:I hope this means we will get Galvatron, Cyclonus , and Scourge.

I hope not. I saw that movie nearly 30 years ago, if I wanted to see it again I'd get out the DVD.

Let's go for an original story.

Oh wait, I forgot who was writing ...
Re: Transformers 4 Confirmed to Film in Detroit (1473144)
Posted by TFfan1 on March 20th, 2013 @ 4:45pm CDT
[quote]As humanity picks up the pieces, following the conclusion of Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Autobots and Decepticons have all but vanished from the face of the planet.

However, a group of powerful, ingenious businessman and scientists attempt to learn from past Transformer incursions and push the boundaries of technology beyond what they can control – all while an ancient, powerful Transformer menace sets Earth in his crosshairs. The epic adventure and battle between good and evil, freedom and enslavement ensues.[/quote]

Does this mean we might be getting Headmasters/Powermasters/Targetmasters? Because that could be a good way to have human main characters and have the Transformers with more personality.

Ancient, powerful Transformer menace, eh? Hope its not Unicron...
Re: Transformers 4 Confirmed to Film in Detroit (1473147)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on March 20th, 2013 @ 4:56pm CDT
I'll be honest, the only way I see Unicron as being depicted "realistically" is if they make him a sort of sentient, mobile black hole. Which, to be honest, I wouldn't mind, because the thought of an intelligent black hole that hates you is terrifying.

The other options it could be? Well from most likely to least likely I have a few thoughts.

1: Thunderwing. Powerful, ancient evil. *nods*

2: Nemesis Prime, a corrupted Prime who was thought long dead.

3: The black cloud from the G2 comics that Optimus had premonitions about.

4: Cy-Kill.
Re: Transformers 4 Confirmed to Film in Detroit (1473149)
Posted by YRQRM0 on March 20th, 2013 @ 4:57pm CDT
Sounds pretty horrible. Unicron, and more humans are things I don't care to be in the continuity.
Re: Transformers 4 Confirmed to Film in Detroit (1473151)
Posted by osubreeze on March 20th, 2013 @ 5:02pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:All of you people complaining about Unicron being a cloud; do you honestly think Bay would be stupid enough to ruin Unicron by doing to him what pissed off a bunch of other people about another movie? This is Bay we're talking about. If there is any opportunity to make something big, menacing, and destructive, he's going to take that opportunity.

Lets see....Yes...Yes I do. Because this is Michael Bay.

And if he doesn't somehow screw Unicron up, the rest of the movie will be.

BAY-splosions!!!!