Transformers News: Age of Extinction Product Sightings: Backpacks, Blankets, Mega One-Step Bumblebee Discussion Thread

Monday, July 21st, 2014 5:10AM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 25,129

Two fellow Seibertron.com users have spotted some previously unreported products from Transformers: Age of Extinction at US retail: BERSEKAEL found blankets and two types of backpacks at K-Mart (images below) while Cdavid3 took a quick shot of the Mega One-Step Bumblebee figure from Toys'R'Us - though we do not have locations for either sighting, unfortunately! Make sure to keep the sightings page updated to help out other fans and collectors, and check out the images below.

Credit(s): Cdavid3, BERSEKAEL
Re: Age of Extinction Product Sightings: Backpacks, Blankets, Mega One-Step Bumblebee Discussion Thread (1592168)
Posted by Sideshow Sideswipe on July 21st, 2014 @ 6:55am CDT
Re: Age of Extinction Product Sightings: Backpacks, Blankets, Mega One-Step Bumblebee Discussion Thread (1592171)
Posted by That_Guy on July 21st, 2014 @ 7:12am CDT
Sideshow Sideswipe wrote:This is not a kids movie. I just don't get the level of merchandise targeted to kids.

To be technical neither was Batman with Michael Keaton, nor Jurassic Park at the standards then (obviously not now, then again look at TV now compare to today, shoot radio even); look at the merchandise those two movies put out. I was in 2nd grade when Jurassic Park came out, dads way to see if I were ready for the mayhem was letting me watch Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. Joker killing that one guy in Batman was pretty gruesome. I had a lot of the batman toys, same with Jurassic Park, had model kits, and the gigantic jaw breaker that came like a necklace.
Re: Age of Extinction Product Sightings: Backpacks, Blankets, Mega One-Step Bumblebee Discussion Thread (1592173)
Posted by Peridot on July 21st, 2014 @ 7:36am CDT

^This comment pretty much sums up everything that is wrong with the Transformers fandom these days. It's a movie based on a series of KID'S TOYS. The main reason these movies are being made is to sell KID'S TOYS. Hasbro's main demographic is KIDS. What part of that do you not understand?
Re: Age of Extinction Product Sightings: Backpacks, Blankets, Mega One-Step Bumblebee Discussion Thread (1592175)
Posted by Dr Va'al on July 21st, 2014 @ 7:40am CDT
With that latest piece of news about Mega One-Step Bumblebee, let's take a look at its smaller cousin in the Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise line, courtesy of Seibertron.com member and regular reviewer chuckdawg1999! Check out the embedded clip below.

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Right off the bat let me mention that the sliding gimmick really doesn't work, you'll end up sliding the panel back and then disengaging the clip. With that said this is by far the best one step figure to date and a ton of fun. Highly recommended.

Re: Age of Extinction Product Sightings: Backpacks, Blankets, Mega One-Step Bumblebee Discussion Thread (1592182)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 21st, 2014 @ 7:53am CDT
Metro Prime wrote:

Yeah, the abnormality here isn't that the film's merchandise is being marketed to kids, it's that the movie meant to sell to kids wasn't kid-friendly.

I mean, what's next, an R-rated Sesame Street movie that misses the point of that show?
Re: Age of Extinction Product Sightings: Backpacks, Blankets, Mega One-Step Bumblebee Discussion Thread (1592188)
Posted by GuyIncognito on July 21st, 2014 @ 8:14am CDT
Re: Age of Extinction Product Sightings: Backpacks, Blankets, Mega One-Step Bumblebee Discussion Thread (1592194)
Posted by robotmel on July 21st, 2014 @ 8:50am CDT
:D
Ebay seller lena81822 has listed a bunch of what are listed to be 'Transformers 4 AOE Leader Class Optimus Prime Test/Unpainted versions'.

From the photos in the Ebay listing we see a grey coloured 'test shot' of the Leader scaled Optimus Prime with grey shield and clear sword.

The listed figures are all being auctioned apart from one which has a Buy It Now for £83.02!

Check the link below for more info!

Re: Age of Extinction Product Sightings: Backpacks, Blankets, Mega One-Step Bumblebee Discussion Thread (1592196)
Posted by Ravage XK on July 21st, 2014 @ 8:51am CDT
I had written a few sentences on my view on this thing but I have deleted them and can replace them with this.

Neat idea poorly/cheaply executed.
Re: Age of Extinction Product Sightings: Backpacks, Blankets, Mega One-Step Bumblebee Discussion Thread (1592198)
Posted by Ravage XK on July 21st, 2014 @ 8:52am CDT
robotmel wrote::D

Check the link below for more info!

Wonder what happens when you scratch the surface? ;)
Re: Age of Extinction Product Sightings: Backpacks, Blankets, Mega One-Step Bumblebee Discussion Thread (1592201)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 21st, 2014 @ 8:56am CDT
Yeah I knew that this Bumblebee was going to have problems when I first saw the official images.
Re: Age of Extinction Product Sightings: Backpacks, Blankets, Mega One-Step Bumblebee Discussion Thread (1592203)
Posted by Optimizzy on July 21st, 2014 @ 9:01am CDT

It's why MTV's major demographic is 12-16.

that said, I actually love this little guy. I thought about getting one for my son...but I may have to pick me up one too. Kinda neat.
Re: Age of Extinction Product Sightings: Backpacks, Blankets, Mega One-Step Bumblebee Discussion Thread (1592205)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 21st, 2014 @ 9:05am CDT
Optimizzy wrote:Kids dont really like "kid-friendly" stuff. They want to feel older, like they are getting away with something. They like things that feel like they are not supposed to be watching it.

It's why MTV's major demographic is 12-16.
Speak for yourself. I hated MTV at Age 12-16, and I still hate it.

Fox Kids, Kids WB, 4Kids TV, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, and Toon Disney were my main things at Age 12-16.
Re: Age of Extinction Product Sightings: Backpacks, Blankets, Mega One-Step Bumblebee Discussion Thread (1592207)
Posted by Optimizzy on July 21st, 2014 @ 9:09am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

It's why MTV's major demographic is 12-16.
Speak for yourself. I hated MTV at Age 12-16, and I still hate it.

lol. I agree with you. I hated MTV. However, I do not think we are or were typical kids. At least we would not be today.

My point is, that kids like to feel older than they are. A good example of this was when the Avenger's toyline was out. The commercials for the role play toys were all kids 16 and older. Possibly 17. Kids like that. It makes them feel like what they do is mature, and thus, important.
Re: Age of Extinction Product Sightings: Backpacks, Blankets, Mega One-Step Bumblebee Discussion Thread (1592227)
Posted by cdavid3 on July 21st, 2014 @ 10:28am CDT
The mega one-step BB was at the Toys R Us in Fremont, CA.
Re: Age of Extinction Product Sightings: Backpacks, Blankets, Mega One-Step Bumblebee Discussion Thread (1592236)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on July 21st, 2014 @ 11:31am CDT
He reviewed this weeks ago, and you're only now making a news post about it?
Re: Age of Extinction Product Sightings: Backpacks, Blankets, Mega One-Step Bumblebee Discussion Thread (1592237)
Posted by Dr Va'al on July 21st, 2014 @ 11:35am CDT
KirbyForce1 wrote:He reviewed this weeks ago, and you're only now making a news post about it?

Yep.
Re: Age of Extinction Product Sightings: Backpacks, Blankets, Mega One-Step Bumblebee Discussion Thread (1592317)
Posted by Convoy on July 21st, 2014 @ 3:45pm CDT
What thread am I in? I don't know what to talk about.
Re: Age of Extinction Product Sightings: Backpacks, Blankets, Mega One-Step Bumblebee Discussion Thread (1592318)
Posted by Ravage XK on July 21st, 2014 @ 3:46pm CDT
Convoy wrote:What thread am I in? I don't know what to talk about.

Confusing isn't it. :D
Re: Age of Extinction Product Sightings: Backpacks, Blankets, Mega One-Step Bumblebee Discussion Thread (1592323)
Posted by Delta Magnus on July 21st, 2014 @ 4:09pm CDT
robotmel wrote::D

Check the link below for more info!

Looks fake to me. The grey seems oddly inconsistent from part to part. Probably just had the paint scraped off and the plastic was painted/dyed grey.
Re: Age of Extinction Product Sightings: Backpacks, Blankets, Mega One-Step Bumblebee Discussion Thread (1592332)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 21st, 2014 @ 5:00pm CDT
Va'al wrote:

Yep.

It actually works out well since most people will start finding this figure in stores now.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #144 - Don't Touch That Dial