BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers Kre-O

Transformers News: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers Kre-O

Friday, June 3rd, 2011 9:13PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 63,109

Hot on the heels of our Transformers: Prime coverage from BotCon 2011, we have some brand new looks at Transformers Kre-O, the new line of "Leading Brand"-compatible building toys featuring a Transformers Theme.

The gallery, shot by Seibertron, himself, features both the larger assembled figures as well as close-up shots of the highly anticipated Minimates-style Mini G1 Figures!

The galleries feature looks at the sets for both sizes of Optimus Prime, Starscream, Sentinel Prime, Megatron, Mirage, both sizes of Bumblebee, Ratchet, and Prowl.

Minifigures seen include Optimus Prime, Megatron, Shockwave, Soundwave, Starscream, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Mirage, Prowl, Ratchet, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Bluestreak, Hound, and many of the human figures.

Stick with Seibertron.com for all the latest BotCon 2011 news!
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers Kre-O (1233447)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on June 3rd, 2011 @ 9:17pm CDT
Woah, is that an actual BLUEstreak next to Skywarp, or did someone slap the wrong color pants on Smokescreen?

Di-a...CLOnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers Kre-O (1233449)
Posted by Anonymous. on June 3rd, 2011 @ 9:20pm CDT
Release Blurr/Arcee and I'll start to care
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers Kre-O (1233459)
Posted by Metal Millitia on June 3rd, 2011 @ 9:26pm CDT
I gotta stay these are pretty cool!
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers Kre-O (1233460)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on June 3rd, 2011 @ 9:26pm CDT
In addition to the BotCon Souvenir figures already seen, lucky BotCon 2011 attendees are eligible to receive an exclusive Kre-O Optimus Prime figure in commemorative packaging.

According to Seibertron, the figure is given away at the Kre-O booth for registering to win a Kre-O Bumblebee set and contains an exclusive "Matrix" deco.

Seibertron is your ultimate BotCon 2011 resource!
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers Kre-O (1233462)
Posted by WarGraver on June 3rd, 2011 @ 9:29pm CDT
Amelie wrote:[color=deeppink]Sod the Kre-O lego-toy.

If they release all the mini G1 figures as a multi-pack, I'd be all over it like a rash.[/color]

My thoughts exactly. Shame that such a multi-pack is so unlikely.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers Kre-O (1233463)
Posted by Starfighter14 on June 3rd, 2011 @ 9:31pm CDT
Holy Jesus, Can those things get anymore adorable. :x Also is it just me or does it apear that we're getting more classic characters in the Kre-O than the actual classics line?
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers Kre-O (1233471)
Posted by Seibertron on June 3rd, 2011 @ 9:34pm CDT
FYI ... the little figures are called "Kreons".
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers Kre-O (1233484)
Posted by Skywarp64 on June 3rd, 2011 @ 9:51pm CDT
Sigh... yet another missed chance to fix Soundwave's visor color.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers Kre-O (1233485)
Posted by Fortress Rodimus on June 3rd, 2011 @ 9:51pm CDT
The Kreons are great i love them. But the giant kre-o counterparts suck. Oh well what are you going to do. I agree with you guys i would love just a pack of the kreons.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers Kre-O (1233527)
Posted by God Magnus on June 3rd, 2011 @ 11:14pm CDT
Holy Bajebus! I need one of those exclusive Primes! Anybody want to help me out? :PRAY:
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers Kre-O (1233549)
Posted by robofreak on June 3rd, 2011 @ 11:48pm CDT
*Holds photo of Kreon Skywarp just out of Tekka's reach*

For some reason I want that Kre-O Prime item.

So far, these have proven to be better than the BTR stuff. I'm still waiting until I see them in person to make a judgment.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers Kre-O (1233559)
Posted by dirk2243 on June 4th, 2011 @ 12:08am CDT
Amelie wrote:[color=deeppink]Sod the Kre-O lego-toy.

Thats what I'm saying! I do want the optimus prime with trailer, but that is it.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers Kre-O (1233561)
Posted by Anonymous. on June 4th, 2011 @ 12:14am CDT
robofreak wrote:*Holds photo of Kreon Skywarp just out of Tekka's reach*

[color=teal]
Oh you troll ^_^ [/color]
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers Kre-O (1233563)
Posted by robofreak on June 4th, 2011 @ 12:16am CDT
Blurrz wrote:
robofreak wrote:*Holds photo of Kreon Skywarp just out of Tekka's reach*

[color=teal]
Oh you troll ^_^ [/color]

I can't help myself. It's too much fun to take that stab.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers Kre-O (1233572)
Posted by r3devi7 on June 4th, 2011 @ 12:45am CDT
To anyone actually at BotCon, do the pieces and figures feel as solid as Lego, or more like one of the knock offs?

Really only interested in the 'Kreons'
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers Kre-O (1233612)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on June 4th, 2011 @ 2:30am CDT
Huh I'm more interested in the "Kre-Os" rather than the "Kreons" though I gotta say...These kreons does look nice and I bet my sister going to like it more than I do lol.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers Kre-O (1233624)
Posted by Tekka on June 4th, 2011 @ 3:23am CDT
robofreak wrote:*Holds photo of Kreon Skywarp just out of Tekka's reach*

*Snatches it away*

Razorclaw0000 wrote:

Yaay. In truth I was worried he'd look a little naff like Starscream does, but this puts all my worries to rest. I might have to order two of those Prime sets so I can have one for play and one for display.

Woo, $120 worth of legos I'll never use. ~_~;
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers Kre-O (1233636)
Posted by Ramscreamer on June 4th, 2011 @ 4:05am CDT
Sell all of the kreons in one set and I'll buy it straight away.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers Kre-O (1233645)
Posted by ShardFenix on June 4th, 2011 @ 4:37am CDT
yeah those kreons? look awesome. I would love that whole little set of g1 guys.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers Kre-O (1233720)
Posted by dragons on June 4th, 2011 @ 9:01am CDT
who owns lego fisherprice or hasbro krego looks more like ko of to lego more i see them.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering