BotCon 2012 "Heroic Decepticon" Treadshot Revealed

Transformers News: BotCon 2012 "Heroic Decepticon" Treadshot Revealed

Thursday, January 5th, 2012 4:41PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 50,230

BotCon has revealed the next figure in this year's convention exclusive "Invasion" boxset, Heroic Treadshot, a Reveal the Shield Deluxe Special Ops Jazz repaint based on Armada Side Swipe's deco with new head sculpt. Images from the BotCon website mirrored below.

So far BotCon has revealed four of the six figures in this year's convention exclusive boxset: Gigatron (Overlord), Evil Tracks, Heroic Soundwave, and now Heroic Treadshot. That leaves two more reveals, Evil Ultra Magnus and Metalhawk. According to the BotCon twitter feed Metalhawk will also feature a new head sculpt and Evil Ultra Magnus also has a surprise is store for us.

Credit(s): Tom Davies /WingDagger, BotCon

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: BotCon 2012 "Heroic Decepticon" Treadshot Revealed (1330756)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 5th, 2012 @ 4:45pm CST
pretty sweet except for a few little things; the yellow square on the side of the vehicle, and the transluscent windshield borders on the left and right. Bot mode is cool though.
Re: BotCon 2012 "Heroic Decepticon" Treadshot Revealed (1330758)
Posted by WolfDawg on January 5th, 2012 @ 4:46pm CST
Re: BotCon 2012 "Heroic Decepticon" Treadshot Revealed (1330759)
Posted by Mkall on January 5th, 2012 @ 4:46pm CST
Oh I'm liking this.

The next question is do I want to pursue a second one for a Classics Armada Side Swipe?

WolfDawg wrote:So does this reveal kill the rumors about the other figures? Because if I recall correctly, Treadshot was supposedly a retool of another figure. I could be wrong, but that would explain why the rumor thread was deleted.

Nope. I do believe that Treadshot was rumoured to be a Jazz retool. Not sure where the figure rumour thread went. I'm going to miss it.
Re: BotCon 2012 "Heroic Decepticon" Treadshot Revealed (1330762)
Posted by waaaaghlord on January 5th, 2012 @ 4:58pm CST
So the rumours are true...

I don't get this mould as Treadshot. There was a suggestion floating around that if we got Cyclonus as Metalhawk then Nightstick would probably have been Treadshot. That would have made sense. This pretty much confirms that Metalhawk will be done from Thunderwing, which I don't see fitting half as well. If Swindle from Hound also proves to be true then Catgut from Ravage seems like a given. To my mind if they were going to use the Jazz and Ravage moulds and wanted to do an Actionmaster homage then Rad and Lionizer would have made much more sense.

All that not withstanding it's a pretty nice looking deco on a kick ass mould.
Re: BotCon 2012 "Heroic Decepticon" Treadshot Revealed (1330771)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 5th, 2012 @ 5:22pm CST
Not bad but I can't help but wish they could fix the issue with his chest not locking in. I understand why they can't though.
Re: BotCon 2012 "Heroic Decepticon" Treadshot Revealed (1330772)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on January 5th, 2012 @ 5:26pm CST
Not bad, better than SW and OL combined. I would have to insist that he lose the speakers though. Only Jazz is allowed to put out the decibels ;)^ :VEHI: !
Re: BotCon 2012 "Heroic Decepticon" Treadshot Revealed (1330775)
Posted by Stormrider on January 5th, 2012 @ 5:35pm CST
The yellow patch on the side of the car looks strange. This would be better as Nightbeat.
Re: BotCon 2012 "Heroic Decepticon" Treadshot Revealed (1330776)
Posted by Poyguimogul on January 5th, 2012 @ 5:37pm CST
While this figure does capture the original. I was hoping for something more Dead-End ish.
Looks good, but are we really scrapping underneath the bottom of the barrel for obscure characters?

Shoulda Been a Black GUN Megatron... with new head... But w/e.. it's a "Treadshot" proper.. at least..
Re: BotCon 2012 "Heroic Decepticon" Treadshot Revealed (1330779)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 5th, 2012 @ 5:42pm CST
Re: BotCon 2012 "Heroic Decepticon" Treadshot Revealed (1330781)
Posted by Seibertron on January 5th, 2012 @ 5:51pm CST

Re: BotCon 2012 "Heroic Decepticon" Treadshot Revealed (1330782)
Posted by waaaaghlord on January 5th, 2012 @ 5:54pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:just noticed the head is based on Energon Treadshot. I like how they're pulling from the various lines.

Between this comment and Mkall's mention of this Treadshot sporting Armada Sideswipe's colours does anyone think they're trying to reference Universe 1.0 Treadshot? Car alt mode, taking the colours from his opposite number mould mate (A 'Swipe)? I've been that focussed on G1 Treadshot with the direction the rest of the set is taking but I see nothing of him here, head's wrong, alt mode's wrong, colours are wrong, so maybe SG Universe with a bit of Energon thrown in Treadshot?
Re: BotCon 2012 "Heroic Decepticon" Treadshot Revealed (1330783)
Posted by Seibertron on January 5th, 2012 @ 5:58pm CST
waaaaghlord wrote:

It's like the Shattered Glass repaint of Treadshot or the love child of Universe Treadshot and Armada Sideswipe?

Unfortunately, it's not a G1 Treadshot homage.
Re: BotCon 2012 "Heroic Decepticon" Treadshot Revealed (1330787)
Posted by craggy on January 5th, 2012 @ 6:08pm CST
waaaaghlord wrote: To my mind if they were going to use the Jazz and Ravage moulds and wanted to do an Actionmaster homage then Rad and Lionizer would have made much more sense.

Hasbro already did a Rad homage - Human Alliance Basics- Reverb
Re: BotCon 2012 "Heroic Decepticon" Treadshot Revealed (1330788)
Posted by Anonymous. on January 5th, 2012 @ 6:09pm CST
I want Normal Glass Treadshot.
Re: BotCon 2012 "Heroic Decepticon" Treadshot Revealed (1330790)
Posted by dinogeist on January 5th, 2012 @ 6:18pm CST
This looks like Armada Sideswipe or 1988 Headmaster Siren.

Personally I don't like any of the colors on this mold. Nor do I like the extremly obsecure character choice.
Re: BotCon 2012 "Heroic Decepticon" Treadshot Revealed (1330793)
Posted by Mkall on January 5th, 2012 @ 6:27pm CST
Blurrz wrote:I want Normal Glass Treadshot.

As do I, though I'm surprised you're not going giggidy over the Armada reference
Re: BotCon 2012 "Heroic Decepticon" Treadshot Revealed (1330798)
Posted by Anonymous. on January 5th, 2012 @ 6:34pm CST
Mkall wrote:
Blurrz wrote:I want Normal Glass Treadshot.

Too hipster for me.
Re: BotCon 2012 "Heroic Decepticon" Treadshot Revealed (1330800)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 5th, 2012 @ 6:35pm CST
I like it. I think so far it's the best looking figure of the 4 revealed.
Re: BotCon 2012 "Heroic Decepticon" Treadshot Revealed (1330807)
Posted by Kibble on January 5th, 2012 @ 7:00pm CST
Seibertron wrote:Rumor thread was deleted per BotCon's request. That topic revealed Treadshot as a repaint of the Jazz mold with a remolded head, which is what these image reveals verify.

Because it was right on the money, I'm sure...
Re: BotCon 2012 "Heroic Decepticon" Treadshot Revealed (1330810)
Posted by --B-- on January 5th, 2012 @ 7:15pm CST
Whatever you want to name it, I would buy it at regular retail, that's a sharp looking figure. I wonder who they will release it as in Generations 2.0 with that head and a new paint job.

As is, peel off that red Decepticon logo and it would be a pretty decent Classics Freeway.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Binaltech Grimlock BT-10 Lieutenant Commander Takara Diecast - Time Remaining: 6 days 8 hours 53 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers Binaltech Hound BT-04 Scout Japanese Takara Diecast Jeep Wrangler - Time Remaining: 6 days 8 hours 53 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers Binaltech Smokescreen GT BT-07 Takara Diecast Subaru WRC 2004 - Time Remaining: 6 days 8 hours 53 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers Binaltech Smokescreen BT-01 Takara Diecast Subaru WRC 2004 - Time Remaining: 13 days 9 hours 8 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Binaltech Swindle BT-09 Munitions Expert Takara Diecast Jeep Wrangl - Time Remaining: 6 days 8 hours 53 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers Binaltech Tracks BT-06 Warrior Japanese Takara Corvette Diecast - Time Remaining: 6 days 8 hours 53 minutes 24 seconds
Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-27 IRONHIDE Action Figure G1+COIN - Time Remaining: 6 days 3 hours 54 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #154 - The Misfits