Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Skids Revealed - New Mold

Transformers News: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Skids Revealed - New Mold

Monday, January 17th, 2011 3:58AM CST

Categories: Movie News, Toy News, Media
Posted by: Anonymous.   Views: 78,033

"That's old school, yo. That's like... That's Cybertronian."

And that's right, you'll be getting a whole lot of Skids and his twin brother Mudflap in the upcoming Transformers movie this summer, Dark Of The Moon. Images have surfaced on 4chan, revealing that Skids will be receiving a brand new figure in the Deluxe class. The young Autobot Chevrolet Beat is deco'd in black bright green and is well armed with a 'MechTech' gun. It is likely that Mudflap will also receive the same treatment with a brand new mold as well. Since the original source contains questionable content, the images can be viewed on Youtube. The images can also be found on ACToys.net.

Keep it at Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): 4chan

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Skids Revealed - New Mold (1170246)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 17th, 2011 @ 4:15am CST
Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Skids Revealed - New Mold (1170247)
Posted by Dai_Ceefax on January 17th, 2011 @ 4:22am CST
Well that's surprisingly adorable...
Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Skids Revealed - New Mold (1170254)
Posted by Mykltron on January 17th, 2011 @ 4:46am CST
At least it isn't totally crap. The front of the car doesn't break up at all. That can't be right.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Skids Revealed - New Mold (1170259)
Posted by Bradimus on January 17th, 2011 @ 4:57am CST
Autobot032 wrote:'Bout damn time. Finally, a figure I actually like. This new Skids design is actually quite good. I'm not a big fan of the gimmicky weapon, but the rest is fine. Did they fix his face? He clearly has the buck teeth, but it looks like the rest of his face is level and symmetrical.

I think they did fix his face, and I might actually get this figure. I admit it. I liked the twins. I rooted for the twins. When they went up against Devastator, I worried about the twins. I might complain about how they could have been better. I might complain about how the "twins" should have been based on Sideswipe (who was in the movie as a character perhaps more like his Armada incarnation than the G1 version I like) and Sunstreaker. I might comment about how their G1 personalities would have provided a more neutral and mature sense of humor that would have avoided the "culture" vs. "race" debate. But I actually would like a good version of the movie twins, and this might be the first mold from the new line that I personally find superior to the previous one, so maybe I won't be looking only to the new Legends/Legends+ line for DotM. :APPLAUSE:
Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Skids Revealed - New Mold (1170261)
Posted by Burn on January 17th, 2011 @ 5:12am CST
You know, I like the alt mode, I like the colours in the alt mode ... but the colours kill the 'bot mode for me.

Mind you, I actually like the ROTF incarnations. So this needs to be a step up for me.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Skids Revealed - New Mold (1170289)
Posted by prowl123 on January 17th, 2011 @ 7:11am CST
Surprisingly good, but I still probably wont get it. :-?
Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Skids Revealed - New Mold (1170292)
Posted by BATTLEMASTER IIC on January 17th, 2011 @ 7:26am CST
I wish they'd kill Skids and use his spare parts to bring Jazz back to life. He's got the shades Jazz always wanted!
Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Skids Revealed - New Mold (1170295)
Posted by Rodimus Minor on January 17th, 2011 @ 7:37am CST
Oh god the racist brothers are back :BANG_HEAD: hope the figure is good.

What happend to the Twins in ROTF as we last saw them fighting Devastator and they weren't at the end.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Skids Revealed - New Mold (1170297)
Posted by Stryker055 on January 17th, 2011 @ 7:48am CST
The mold looks great (especially in vehicle mode), but the grey in robot mode is quite off-putting. It does seem to be quite an improvement over the ROTF Skids, though.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Skids Revealed - New Mold (1170301)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 17th, 2011 @ 8:01am CST
I like the original better.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Skids Revealed - New Mold (1170302)
Posted by madplanet on January 17th, 2011 @ 8:03am CST

Also some users made a comment that the mechtech weapons might combine into something. This theory is looking more probable. Colouring on the plastic is the same with each weapon (sure it could be just test colours). Just have to wait for a reviewer to have near enough most of the figures to test that theory. If it is true I am a sucker for build a figure sets.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Skids Revealed - New Mold (1170305)
Posted by Kibble on January 17th, 2011 @ 8:18am CST
You know a line is in trouble when one of these guys is one of the best LOOKING figs in it...
Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Skids Revealed - New Mold (1170326)
Posted by dragons on January 17th, 2011 @ 8:56am CST
i like it yeah twins had racial personality so did jazz where his gold tooth they take it out of film for racial comments in past is there going to be another variant hunt going round his face is littel dark its good mechgear what you call them waste time & money horrible idea to begin it ruins the figure all togeather.

these snap on weapons in vehical modes reminds me of mask i was expecting twins look like crap way all others have looked so far excluding megatron so far
Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Skids Revealed - New Mold (1170327)
Posted by Starscream GaGa on January 17th, 2011 @ 8:57am CST
The visible head through the wind screen is REALLY creepy
Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Skids Revealed - New Mold (1170328)
Posted by jaws on January 17th, 2011 @ 8:57am CST
Looks like I'll be picking up the "upgraded" twins this time around; only bought ROTF ice cream twins.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Skids Revealed - New Mold (1170330)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 17th, 2011 @ 8:59am CST
madplanet wrote:Hold on did I miss something. I swear I read that the twins were axed for third film!!1

Yeah, they obviously lied about it.

This figure looks alright. It's decent. But I wouldn't buy it because I don't like the head or the colors, and I have no attachment to the character. If they remolded his head and painted him blue and red, maybe.

Still not digging these mechtech weapons, but I guess they gotta have some kind of gimmick.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Skids Revealed - New Mold (1170342)
Posted by Optimus1138 on January 17th, 2011 @ 9:31am CST
This actually looks really good. Probably the first DOTM figure I've seen that looks good. (The Megatron would, if he were bigger).
Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Skids Revealed - New Mold (1170360)
Posted by omega666 on January 17th, 2011 @ 10:22am CST
Well that actually looks cool.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Skids Revealed - New Mold (1170379)
Posted by Joker'sRequiem on January 17th, 2011 @ 11:12am CST
I like what I'm seeing from this new mold so far. I'll wait to pick it up until I see what role the twins play in DOTM, since I'd rather not buy new molds of figures that could be background characters/Jolt-esque bots...
Re: Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Skids Revealed - New Mold (1170385)
Posted by First-Aid on January 17th, 2011 @ 11:28am CST
Wow! He looks pretty damned good!

And please, let's not get into the "racism" thing again okay? If you can't tell the difference between "race" and "culture" and don't really care, you're encouraging ignorance and racism yourself. #-o