New videos from Transformers 4 Chicago filming

Transformers News: New videos from Transformers 4 Chicago filming

Monday, August 26th, 2013 5:00AM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Media
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 23,410

I spent today chasing down Autobots in Chicago as Michael Bay continued filming Transformers 4 here in Chicago. The day started out kind of slow while filming happened in the offices of the Blue Cross Blue Shield building, but things heated up once the Autobots were racing down Columbus Drive before the end of the day. The Autobots in these videos include Optimus Prime, Bumblebee (Camaro), Hound (green military vehicle), Drift (??? - Corvette), and Crosshairs (??? - Bugatti). Check out all of Seibertron.com's exclusive videos from today ...

Re: New videos from Transformers 4 Chicago filming (1514014)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 26th, 2013 @ 6:09am CDT
[quote] [/quote]WHO is that?! :shock:
Re: New videos from Transformers 4 Chicago filming (1514018)
Posted by morphobots on August 26th, 2013 @ 6:42am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:[quote]
WHO is that?! :shock:[/quote]

Looks like the original Megatron head design that ended up being scrapped. Maybe it's being revived for another character, or it's just intended to be a generic scary robot for the populace.
Re: New videos from Transformers 4 Chicago filming (1514019)
Posted by RhA on August 26th, 2013 @ 6:57am CDT
I'm guessing we've just had a look at our new badass.
Re: New videos from Transformers 4 Chicago filming (1514020)
Posted by njb902 on August 26th, 2013 @ 7:15am CDT
It reminds me of the green goblin mask from the first spiderman movie.
Re: New videos from Transformers 4 Chicago filming (1514021)
Posted by njb902 on August 26th, 2013 @ 7:15am CDT
It reminds me of the green goblin mask from the first spiderman movie.
Re: New videos from Transformers 4 Chicago filming (1514024)
Posted by RhA on August 26th, 2013 @ 7:29am CDT
njb902 wrote:It reminds me of the green goblin mask from the first spiderman movie.

After a horrible lawnmower-accident?
Re: New videos from Transformers 4 Chicago filming (1514025)
Posted by devlingrey on August 26th, 2013 @ 7:54am CDT
That new face seems way too buggish. While I do like the movies I've got to ask, "why not put a robot looking face on a robot?" This combined with the Santa Claus looking placeholder we've seen along with the twins faces and the wreckers in dotm bum me out a bit.
Re: New videos from Transformers 4 Chicago filming (1514026)
Posted by Trikeboy on August 26th, 2013 @ 8:09am CDT
So, amidst all this propaganda and alien hate, Optimus Prime decided to update his alt mode into the biggest eyesore on the road that just screams alien robot? It is almost like he is driving around flipping everyone off.
Re: New videos from Transformers 4 Chicago filming (1514033)
Posted by Craver2707 on August 26th, 2013 @ 8:45am CDT
Anybody else try to call the number on the bottom of the poster? I got forwarded to some voicemail with no name, saying that"_ " is unavailable and to leave a message. Would have been cool if it was tied to something like the Sector Seven site from a few years back... Here's hoping it will eventually.
Re: New videos from Transformers 4 Chicago filming (1514034)
Posted by Agamemnon on August 26th, 2013 @ 8:45am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:[quote]
WHO is that?! :shock:[/quote]

Tim Curry?

Re: New videos from Transformers 4 Chicago filming (1514036)
Posted by YRQRM0 on August 26th, 2013 @ 9:01am CDT
Horns = Unicron ? :BOOM:
Re: New videos from Transformers 4 Chicago filming (1514040)
Posted by Noideaforaname on August 26th, 2013 @ 9:40am CDT

"Hope" and "Hate"? That's conflicting...

Is it me, or do the two "watching you" bots (Cons?) seem a tad... generic?

devlingrey wrote:While I do like the movies I've got to ask, "why not put a robot looking face on a robot?"

And what exactly IS a "robot-looking face"? A lot of real-world robots (space probes, car-building 'arms', Roomba, etc. are all technically robots) don't even have anything resembling a head, much less a proper face.
Re: New videos from Transformers 4 Chicago filming (1514045)
Posted by YRQRM0 on August 26th, 2013 @ 10:08am CDT
Yeah, the "It's watching you" poster just looks like Blackout/Grindor's head. The other one looks kinda like Shockwave's head with two eyes and a regular mouth.
Re: New videos from Transformers 4 Chicago filming (1514046)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 26th, 2013 @ 10:13am CDT
how much you want to bet thats galvatron, so much for the bots looking different this time around.
Re: New videos from Transformers 4 Chicago filming (1514048)
Posted by #Sideways# on August 26th, 2013 @ 10:24am CDT

0_0 Wow! Thats hot!

I mean, just look at the detailing on that hat! 10/10 would buy!

I just had to. The joke was there!

Anyway, my guess for the 'bot in the "He is watching you" picture is just that it is a generic Decepticon, as they would have used known Transformer faces that were in the Chicago area for proper effect. But if it was not this, and I had to take a guess, my guess would be Straxus... Which is funny because he is kind of a lesser known character, considering. Of course it could be Galvatron or other people of note, considering the poster directly states that "He" is watching you, not just "it".

For reference:

Re: New videos from Transformers 4 Chicago filming (1514069)
Posted by Seibertron on August 26th, 2013 @ 12:54pm CDT
Luis Gomez, "About Last Night" columnist from the Chicago Tribune, reached out to us here at Seibertron.com to let us know about a video montage he put together. The video features various footage of Transformers 4 filming around Chicago this past weekend and shows a few things that I didn't have an opportunity to capture on film to share with all of you. You can view Seibertron.com's coverage of this past weekend by viewing our images, our videos, and our Propaganda wall coverage.

In this video, Luis caught a brief moment of Mark Wahlberg coming out of 300 East Randolph, Kelsey Grammer on set, Michael Bay's helicopter flying very low over the Chicago River alongside Upper Wacker, a crowd of people running and screaming through Millennium Park and underneath the Cloud Gate (aka "The Bean") and even has a nice slow motion clip of the big car explosion pyrotechnics event from McCormick Place.

You can follow Luis' coverage of Transformers 4 by visiting http://chicagotribune.com/luis.

Re: New videos from Transformers 4 Chicago filming (1514071)
Posted by gothsaurus on August 26th, 2013 @ 1:07pm CDT
Yeah, I was hoping with a new trilogy that they'd reel in the generic-sci-fi-bug-predator-alien-monster-bad-guy-look. Instead, looks like they're jumping into that cliche, looks-like-every-other-sci-fi-movie-made-in-the-past-15-years mess with both feet.

So like the last three movies, I'm left with the sole motivation of going being to listen to Peter Cullen voice Optimus on the big screen.

But to each their own. I know there are some kids who have grown up with the Bayverse now, and to them I hope they truly enjoy these.
Re: New videos from Transformers 4 Chicago filming (1514073)
Posted by Moonshot on August 26th, 2013 @ 1:25pm CDT
I was thinking Galvatron or Cyclonus for the "hes watching you" poster. All this excitement about the new movie and a Melvins 30th anniversary tour! Thats awesome!
Re: New videos from Transformers 4 Chicago filming (1514079)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on August 26th, 2013 @ 1:47pm CDT
I dig the Remember Chicago poster, but I hate the Prime Hate poster and I uterly, utterly hate the Bumblebee Hope poster :(
Re: New videos from Transformers 4 Chicago filming (1514106)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 26th, 2013 @ 4:00pm CDT
Bay's helicopter was flying pretty low near the end of the montage...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering