Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Generation 1 case unboxing from Epic Toy Collection

Transformers News: Transformers Generation 1 case unboxing from Epic Toy Collection

Friday, August 22nd, 2014 1:18PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: mooncake623   Views: 20,681

Earlier this week we've reported on z75sales's Collection preview here. Well today we get to see the boxing of some awesomely Sealed G1 figures. We've embedded the video below! Enjoy!

You can see all of their auction listings by clicking here but at this time the G1 figures has not been listed yet.

Credit(s): z75sales
Re: Transformers Generation 1 case unboxing from Epic Toy Collection (1601275)
Posted by Seibertron on August 22nd, 2014 @ 1:33pm CDT
mooncake623 wrote:

This collection of G1 figures are interesting. It should be noted that all of them were used in the European Classics line or the Generation 2 line, with the exception of a small handful such as Dreadwind, Darkwing, Cyclonus, Blitzwing, the Cassettes, Soundwave, and maybe a couple of others. I wonder if they had plans to release those figures in some other way or what the intention with these was.
Re: Transformers Generation 1 case unboxing from Epic Toy Collection (1601287)
Posted by frogbat on August 22nd, 2014 @ 2:50pm CDT
If i were a multi millionaire I'd definitely go for these. I'd want to set up a transformers museum with a sample of each toy in each of its modes and also an original sealed in its box / on card.

Oh well, one can only help but admire how pristine those look and drool.
Re: Transformers Generation 1 case unboxing from Epic Toy Collection (1601289)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 22nd, 2014 @ 2:56pm CDT
I think I'll throw in a bid for some of these.... Lol highly doubt I'll win but you know just in-case it goes cheap.... hahahah
Re: Transformers Generation 1 case unboxing from Epic Toy Collection (1601292)
Posted by padfoo on August 22nd, 2014 @ 3:07pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:
Megatron Wolf wrote:this guy & whoever buys this stuff sickens me, it should be donated to botcon & put on display so everyone can see them. Either that or auction them off and donate all the profits to a charity like st.jude not sold to some rich douchebag with way to much disposable income.

That's a very uneducated statement to make. How do you know how rich this guy is or where they stand financially? Also Botcon? Because Botcon is a non-profit organization?

Or how about getting items like these into the hands of someone who photographs Transformers for a living so that these items can be shared with the rest of the world? ;)

That would be great, I would love to see galleries of some of the rarer figures!
Re: Transformers Generation 1 case unboxing from Epic Toy Collection (1601298)
Posted by Seibertron on August 22nd, 2014 @ 3:32pm CDT
padfoo wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:

Me too :D
Re: Transformers Generation 1 case unboxing from Epic Toy Collection (1601303)
Posted by Seibertron on August 22nd, 2014 @ 3:37pm CDT

One day! :D
Re: Transformers Generation 1 case unboxing from Epic Toy Collection (1601304)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 22nd, 2014 @ 3:39pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I'll tell you guys my ultimate dream with Seibertron.com ... in addition to the website, I've been working really hard the past few years on building up the eBay store side of the site. My ultimate goal is to have a brick and mortar store or warehouse where customers can come visit the Seibertron.com Store. In addition to the store, I'd really like to host special events where people can come visit the Seibertron.com Transformers "Museum" which would basically be my collection on display. I envision it as being part of the store or only open for special events or being something that is only available for viewing for a small donation to the "museum" or with a paid purchase from the Seibertron.com Store.

One day! :D

That sounds awesome!! DO IT! I'll visit :grin:
Re: Transformers Generation 1 case unboxing from Epic Toy Collection (1601411)
Posted by leokearon on August 23rd, 2014 @ 1:20am CDT

One day! :D

That would be cool, I would defineately vist that.. I would love to have a toy shop then I would give the people of Waterford a toy shop they deserve.
Re: Transformers Generation 1 case unboxing from Epic Toy Collection (1601412)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on August 23rd, 2014 @ 1:21am CDT

One day! :D

This will happen before the WWE Hall of Fame has a real location. I'm very curious how much the mass release G1 figures go for.
Re: Transformers Generation 1 case unboxing from Epic Toy Collection (1601447)
Posted by Seibertron on August 23rd, 2014 @ 9:39am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

One day! :D

The only ones that are disappointing in price to me are the Mini-Bots. Most of them go for $10 to $15, with the exception of Bumblebee, Cliffjumper and Bumblejumper.
Re: Transformers Generation 1 case unboxing from Epic Toy Collection (1601469)
Posted by norwichchris on August 23rd, 2014 @ 1:10pm CDT
Do you want to know something funny?
I remember seeing those exact toys in the 1990s at langleys and I wanted a motormaster to replace mine with the broken arms but he was blue...
oh stupid I feel know...
Re: Transformers Generation 1 case unboxing from Epic Toy Collection (1601472)
Posted by Seibertron on August 23rd, 2014 @ 1:21pm CDT
norwichchris wrote:Do you want to know something funny?
oh stupid I feel know...

Except for Motormaster was never released. To the best of everyone's knowledge, there are no carded samples of G2 Hot Shot or G2 Motormaster either. If they aren't in the z75sales collection, then they most likely don't exist.
Re: Transformers Generation 1 case unboxing from Epic Toy Collection (1601475)
Posted by norwichchris on August 23rd, 2014 @ 1:43pm CDT
Was I imagining it?
I swear I did, so long ago
Re: Transformers Generation 1 case unboxing from Epic Toy Collection (1601478)
Posted by Seibertron on August 23rd, 2014 @ 1:47pm CDT
norwichchris wrote:Was I imagining it?
I swear I did, so long ago

I wish you had seen them because that'd mean that there are some out in the wild somewhere!
Re: Transformers Generation 1 case unboxing from Epic Toy Collection (1601480)
Posted by norwichchris on August 23rd, 2014 @ 1:54pm CDT
Don't worry soon China will reissue them out of poor quality plastic
Re: Transformers Generation 1 case unboxing from Epic Toy Collection (1601483)
Posted by Seibertron on August 23rd, 2014 @ 2:03pm CDT
norwichchris wrote:Don't worry soon China will reissue them out of poor quality plastic

I wish Hasbro/Takara would reissue the Stunticons and Protectobots and then do a convention or e-Hobby exclusive of the G2 versions. Hopefully we'll get those right along with the e-Hobby Metrotitan.
Re: Transformers Generation 1 case unboxing from Epic Toy Collection (1602226)
Posted by Va'al on August 27th, 2014 @ 2:50am CDT
Continuing in the stream of clips from the gigantic, exclusive and rare collection of old Transformers gems, including unreleased items from Hasbro and toy prototypes, eBay seller z75sales has uploaded another video showing the unboxing of further material during the inventory, featuring G2 figures, Dinobots, and mock-ups. Check out the clip below, and let us know what you think of it all!

Re: Transformers Generation 1 case unboxing from Epic Toy Collection (1603076)
Posted by Autobot032 on August 31st, 2014 @ 5:12am CDT
Hasbro rarities eBay seller z75sales is at it again! This time it's an unboxing video of G2 items he has had, and currently has, available for sale among his eBay listings. (Link is included below.) Before we watch a piece of TF history unfold before our eyes, let's take a small trip down memory lane with these amazing finds and their incredible auction listings.

It all started here, with a G2 Menasor auction that went for a stellar price. Followed by unreleased G2 Gobots figures, a whole set even! Not even close to finished, seller z75sales even posted auctions for other G2 rarities, including ATB Megatron! Heck, he even had a crystal clear prototype of Beast Wars Transmetals Optimus Primal!

He even shared some videos of the unboxing of this incredible collection, obtained by the estate of a former Hasbro employee. You can see the previous video articles here, here and here.

z75sales has posted a new unboxing video on YouTube showing off the discovery of a good portion of the unreleased G2 items, including the aforementioned Gobots and even includes some G2 Dinobots as well, among other miscellaneous things such as missiles and assorted accessories.

You can see all of their auction listings by clicking here, and while you're there, go ahead and bookmark it because you don't want to miss what he has coming next!

Re: Transformers Generation 1 case unboxing from Epic Toy Collection (1603086)
Posted by megatronus on August 31st, 2014 @ 7:01am CDT
Do we have any confirmed background information on this enterprise just yet? I've seen some rumors about estate liquidation for the widow of an Hasbro engineer (and similar such rumors), but it would be interesting to know for certain the circumstances under which this massive collection of rarities is being sold.
Re: Transformers Generation 1 case unboxing from Epic Toy Collection (1603117)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on August 31st, 2014 @ 11:37am CDT
I found it rather interesting (and telling) that among all these G2 toys, there was a Mirage and a Smokescreen. There's already information to support that Mirage was to be in G2 (with an alligator theme... go fig), but first I've heard of a possible plan to have SS in G2. Of course, it could just be a coincidence...
Re: Transformers Generation 1 case unboxing from Epic Toy Collection (1603231)
Posted by Skywarp84 on August 31st, 2014 @ 10:17pm CDT
Someone should tell this guy to wear gloves while doing this. Fingerprints on chrome is a deal breaker.
Re: Transformers Generation 1 case unboxing from Epic Toy Collection (1603351)
Posted by shajaki on September 1st, 2014 @ 1:45pm CDT
the broken blades on G2 blades... seriously makes me want to cry.