Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, AM-20 Ironhide, AM-21

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, AM-20 Ironhide, AM-21

Postby Noideaforaname » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:40 pm

That's a very abstract volcano. I can see where you're getting at, but it's still only vaguely similar. It's like saying The Fallen's alt mode is the Decepticon insignia; it's got the impression of it, but it's not immediately recognizable as such.
Image
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
User avatar
Noideaforaname
City Commander
Posts: 3228
News Credits: 7
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:31 pm
Location: South Jersey

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, AM-20 Ironhide, AM-21

Postby Nyancatron » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:59 pm

The idea of having veins of flowing lava is cool...
The idea of him being a volcano is cool...

But it was rushed, making it look twiggy. : /

I wonder if his horns are made of rubber?
If it ever did see a domestic release, and those are plastic, they'd have giant pingpong balls on the end for child safety.

Well, "stupid" child safety, but present nonetheless.
Nyancatron
Mini-Con
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:17 pm

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, AM-20 Ironhide, AM-21

Postby Doctor McGrath » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:29 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
I really like Unicrons robot mode but that alt mode is garbage. Plus, the combined modes do nothing for me. The face in his abdomen is creepy though. Why is Ironhides micron orange? Horrible choice there IMO.
Image
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
User avatar
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
Posts: 2892
News Credits: 6
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:03 am
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, AM-20 Ironhide, AM-21

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:29 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
YRQRM0 wrote:Greatest thing possible: A supreme class Unicron that turns into Earth.
But he's not he Earth. It was explicitly stated at NYCC 2011 by the show's creator that Unicron is NOT Earth, but that the Earth formed around him. So, he's essentially encased within the Earth's core, forever imprisoned down there (unless he breaks free, which would utterly ruin our planet).
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 26930
News Credits: 196
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, AM-20 Ironhide, AM-21

Postby YRQRM0 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:17 am

Sabrblade wrote:
YRQRM0 wrote:Greatest thing possible: A supreme class Unicron that turns into Earth.
But he's not he Earth. It was explicitly stated at NYCC 2011 by the show's creator that Unicron is NOT Earth, but that the Earth formed around him. So, he's essentially encased within the Earth's core, forever imprisoned down there (unless he breaks free, which would utterly ruin our planet).


He's also not a volcano...but that didn't stop them.
User avatar
YRQRM0
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 839
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:26 pm
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: ???

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, AM-20 Ironhide, AM-21

Postby Nyancatron » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:02 pm

YRQRM0 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
YRQRM0 wrote:Greatest thing possible: A supreme class Unicron that turns into Earth.
But he's not he Earth. It was explicitly stated at NYCC 2011 by the show's creator that Unicron is NOT Earth, but that the Earth formed around him. So, he's essentially encased within the Earth's core, forever imprisoned down there (unless he breaks free, which would utterly ruin our planet).


He's also not a volcano...but that didn't stop them.


Yeah, but the episode did have a volcano in it spewing his blood.
And rock was able to be manipulated by him, so... it kind of is right.

Still, alt mode's wretched.
Nyancatron
Mini-Con
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:17 pm

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, AM-20 Ironhide, AM-21

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:55 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
YRQRM0 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
YRQRM0 wrote:Greatest thing possible: A supreme class Unicron that turns into Earth.
But he's not he Earth. It was explicitly stated at NYCC 2011 by the show's creator that Unicron is NOT Earth, but that the Earth formed around him. So, he's essentially encased within the Earth's core, forever imprisoned down there (unless he breaks free, which would utterly ruin our planet).


He's also not a volcano...but that didn't stop them.
I'm talking about the show character, who is non-corporeal. This toy, however, represents one of his dirt avatars.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 26930
News Credits: 196
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Age of Extinction AOE Platinum Leader Class Optimus Prime Grimlock - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 44 minutes 2 seconds
Vintage Transformers G1 Trail Breaker Not Complete W Box Look! - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 46 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Bruticus Onslaught figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 4 hours 19 minutes 48 seconds
Platinum Edition Optimus Primal (MISB) Transformers Year of the Monkey (2015) - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 27 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers Foc Generations GRIMLOCK Complete Hasbro Voyager Dinobot Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 28 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Starscream Skywarp Thundercracker FOC - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 30 minutes 18 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise POWER SURGE OPTIMUS PRIME & Mini-Con AEROBOLT - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 41 minutes 34 seconds
Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Blurr the Race Car New in Package - Time Remaining: 1 day 10 hours 42 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #166 - Toy Fair 2017
Twincast / Podcast #166:
"Toy Fair 2017"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, February 21st, 2017
Website Security Test