This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hasbro SDCC 2017 Exclusives Discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Hasbro SDCC 2017 Exclusives Discussion

Postby william-james88 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:17 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
During an event with Hasbro PR, we received confirmation that Hasbro will still be attending San Diego Comic Con. It was stated that it would be business as usual, with exclusives for various properties and the announcement of said exclusives would come out in June, same as every year.

While it seemed like a non news story to Hasbro PR, who are working on a more official announcement, the fact that so much attention has been put on Hascon and the lack of mention of SDCC all through this time did let the fan community doubt Hasbro's attendance. This is just to say that we have confirmation it is not the case, and it should be business as usual with Hasbro at SDCC this year.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Hasbro to Attend SDCC 2017 with Usual Exclusive Selection

Postby Munkky » Wed May 31, 2017 2:25 pm

Motto: "Why are yoo runnin'? WHY are yoo runnin'?"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
I'm guessing we'll see the last wave of Titans Return in its entirety, a box set or two, wave 3 of The Last Knight and some more Robots in Disguise Combiner Force stuff., then they'll probably finish up with a teaser silhouette of something from Power of the Primes.
Munkky
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 11
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Kurona » Wed May 31, 2017 4:23 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Munkky wrote:I'm guessing we'll see the last wave of Titans Return in its entirety, a box set or two, wave 3 of The Last Knight and some more Robots in Disguise Combiner Force stuff., then they'll probably finish up with a teaser silhouette of something from Power of the Primes.

SDCC 2017 is 20-23 July. I think by then we'll have seen all of TR.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby william-james88 » Wed May 31, 2017 7:55 pm

Kurona wrote:
Munkky wrote:I'm guessing we'll see the last wave of Titans Return in its entirety, a box set or two, wave 3 of The Last Knight and some more Robots in Disguise Combiner Force stuff., then they'll probably finish up with a teaser silhouette of something from Power of the Primes.

SDCC 2017 is 20-23 July. I think by then we'll have seen all of TR.

Dont be so sure, we only saw the wave 4 of CW at SDCC (or was that Botcon, same difference in terms of timing). I am pretty sure thats where we will see the two next box sets too. They seems to always reveal boxsets at SDCC. Oh and I predict they will also show RID toys that have already been found in stores :twisted:
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Wed May 31, 2017 10:15 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Probably an exclusive Trypticon with some chrome.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:25 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Probably an exclusive Trypticon with some chrome.

party pooper :(

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Wed May 31, 2017 10:31 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Probably an exclusive Trypticon with some chrome.

party pooper :(
You don't want a trippy Tryppy? ;)

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Kurona » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:25 am

Not just chrome, he'll have the differences present on the Takara version too - so he'll have two circles on his back assembly painted white! :shock:
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:28 am

Kurona wrote:Not just chrome, he'll have the differences present on the Takara version too - so he'll have two circles on his back assembly painted white! :shock:

:lol: But jokes aside, the thing people hated about SDCC Devy was that it didnt have the takara improvements.

william-james88
News Staff

SDCC 2017 Hasbro Transformers Exclusive The Last Knight Optimus Prime

Postby Va'al » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:19 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
As unofficially announced last week, Hasbro will indeed be attending San Diego Comic Con 2017, and they're bringing Transformers exclusives along for the ride! First one to be revealed comes from an article on IGN, and will be a Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime plus a piece of the original Western Star truck tire from the movie model. Check out info and images below!

The Optimus Prime figure is based on both Optimus' robot mode and Western Star truck mode featured in the upcoming Michael Bay-directed Transformers film. Additionally, the figure comes with a piece of actual truck tire used in The Last Knight with a certificate of authenticity from Western Star.

The figure will be available at booth #3329 on the SDCC show floor. After the convention, a limited supply of the figure will also be available on Hasbro's Toy Shop. Price $49.99

TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT VOYAGER CLASS OPTIMUS PRIME Figure

(Ages 8 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $49.99/Available at Booth #3329 at Comic-Con International in San Diego)

OPTIMUS PRIME never tires in his fight for freedom. With strength and courage to spare, he treads fearlessly into battle. Fans can roll out in premium style with this special edition TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION VOYAGER CLASS OPTIMUS PRIME Figure convention exclusive. Convert the OPTIMUS PRIME figure to WESTERN STAR truck mode, based on the TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT film. The OPTIMUS PRIME figure features movie inspired detailing with a glossy automotive-like finish and comes in collectible display-style packaging! Also includes a sword and shield accessory. Fans can even take home memorabilia from the movie set — fans will receive a free gift with purchase: an authentic piece of truck tire used in the film accompanied by a certificate of authenticity from WESTERN STAR. Gift with purchase quantities are limited; available while supplies last. TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT VOYAGER CLASS OPTIMUS PRIME Figure will be for sale during San Diego Comic-Con 2017. Following the convention, a limited number of figures will be available on HasbroToyShop.com.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Ig89ninja » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:42 pm

Motto: "To troll, or be sincere, that is my question"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
I wonder how much that piece of rubber is going to go for
Want: ROTF Lockdown/Axor Engine

Ig89ninja
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Peterbilt 379 [movie optimus prime alt Mode]
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: ???

Postby BattleConvoy » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:47 pm

Motto: "I'm a cheapskate!"
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
I am drooling over this.
"Do you have the time - to listen to me whine?
About nothing and everything all at once!
I am one of those
Melodramatic fools
Neurotic to the bone
No doubt about it

Sometimes I give myself the creeps
Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me
It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid?
Or am I just stoned?"

Green Day - Basket Case
(from this epic album)
BattleConvoy
Micromaster
Alt Mode: Audi R8
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 6
Courage: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Meantoy » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:44 pm

Motto: "Crushing the competition like a con on a mission."
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
Lol.... really.... hell I could pick up pieces of blowouts all day on the interstate. No thanks ill pass. Not a big fan of his starcar mode either.
Meantoy
Mini-Con

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:11 pm

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Nope. Still not a particularly accurate deco. Can customise a better one from the regular Voyager release easy enough (and that photo shows his chest mistransformed and 'saggy', and somehow the grey pieces that cover the wheels on the insides of the lower legs are gone and backpack doesn't look folded right. Come on, Hasbro.).
Last edited by Carnivius_Prime on Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:12 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I WANT THIS!!! =P~
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:15 pm

Carnivius_Prime wrote:Nope. Still not a particularly accurate deco.

They didnt fix the eyes and the hips are still grey. the big difference is the flames on the chest (which dont look that great) and the feet (which I admit look better). Still not loads beter than the original.

Will wait for the reveal of a platinum box set.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:20 pm

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
william-james88 wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Nope. Still not a particularly accurate deco.

They didnt fix the eyes and the hips are still grey. the big difference is the flames on the chest (which dont look that great) and the feet (which I admit look better). Still not loads beter than the original.

Will wait for the reveal of a platinum box set.

Weirdly they still paint the collar blue which should be silver and they've added blue on the upper arms that should be silver (and is silver on the regular figure) but didn't bother painting the shoulders blue when they should be. I just don't get why they do these things.

And yeah the chest flames don't look right. I still haven't attempted those on my figure yet (still hoping for a Reprolabels release of them) but I'm much happier with the current state of my custom figure than this new more expensive still-not-accurate deco.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Tyrannacon » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:37 am

Motto: "All Hail Megatron!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I do like the paint job on this one more than the standard release version. As for the tire tread I'd expect it to get auctioned off for insane amounts.
:CON: "Decepticons! Transform and Rise Up!" :CON:
Tyrannacon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 90
Buy from Tyrannacon on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Tyrannosaurus with Intergalactic-capable Flight Mode
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:14 pm

Tyrannacon wrote:I do like the paint job on this one more than the standard release version. As for the tire tread I'd expect it to get auctioned off for insane amounts.

I dont. Its all about demand and supply. You can make a ton of slivers from those 6 wheels (he has 6 right?). If they could sell it for more, they would.

Its like those sports cards with a piece of a jersey worn by a player. Limited sure, and a piece of something real, but theres a bunch, and not enough people are ready to spend all that money, so it ends up not being much, like these lackluster auctions:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-16-UD-JERE ... SwRUhZARVX

http://www.ebay.com/itm/02-03-UD-SP-GAM ... SwDiBZLxln

william-james88
News Staff

Primitive Skateboarding Black Power Master Optimus Prime to be 2017 SDCC Exclusive

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:38 pm

Thanks to Hypebeast, we have news on the black redeco of Titans Return Power Master Optimus Prime along with a brand new image of him in robot mode. It turns out this will be an SDCC exclusive and also available on HTS after the show. It will be sold for $50, which is almost the same as the non exclusive original figure and he will come with a ramp, rail, and hoverboard, all pictured below, making it a better deal than the original for the amount of accessories you are getting.

Here is an excerpt from the article which speaks of the design and its link to Primitive Skateboarding.

The autobot figurine was partially designed by Primitive Skateboarding founder Paul Rodriguez, and features some updates to the character’s traditional red and blue paint job. This Prime belongs to the Titans Return Powermaster reprise and is decorated in black and gold — a nod to Primitive’s signature colors. The toy figurine also comes with a ramp, rail, and hoverboard, so it can “Shreddicus Maximus” whenever he’s not battling the Decepticons.

TRANSFORMERS PRIMITIVE OPTIMUS PRIME Figure

(Ages 8 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $49.99/Available at Booth #3329 at Comic-Con International in San Diego)

Before OPTIMUS PRIME was blasting DECEPTICONS in battle, he was greasing the wheels of his skateboard with fellow skater, SHREDDICUS MAXIMUS. Shredding rad gnar on the boardwalks of the Senti Rust Pier, they up their street cred while nailing down their signature trick, the Null-Ray-Ray, annihilating the competition into mere grime… Now get ready for the gnarliest TRANSFORMERS stunt of the 21st century… TRANSFORMERS has worked with Primitive Skateboarding, the company founded by legendary skateboarder, Paul Rodriguez, to roll out this special edition TRANSFORMERS PRIMITIVE OPTIMUS PRIME Figure convention exclusive. Co-designed by Paul, the figure features Primitive Skate’s classic black and gold colors for a more sophisticated and on-brand look. To up the skateboarding theme, the figure is placed in premium Primitive Skate-inspired packaging that mimics a “skate shoe” box featuring grip-tape inspired texture. As the ultimate twist, the pack features rail, ramp and hover board accessories! The pack includes a LEADER CLASS OPTIMUS PRIME figure, a TITAN MASTER SHREDDICUS MAXIMUS figure and eight accessories. Converts from robot to tractor trailer in 23 steps and from tractor trailer to battle station in 10 steps. The TRANSFORMERS PRIMITIVE OPTIMUS PRIME Figure will be for sale during San Diego Comic-Con 2017. Following the convention, a limited number will be available on HasbroToyShop.com.

Here are the new totally radical images of the toy and set.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:40 pm

That is the snazziest Nucleon Quest Super Convoy has ever looked! Radical indeed!

Also, that hoverboard looks like the one Daniel rode in TFTM, but in black and yellow.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Re: Hasbro SDCC 2017 Exclusives Discussion

Postby Kurona » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:03 pm

So it's the SDCC exclusive. Huh. In retrospect it maybe should have been obvious, but...

Either way he still looks fraggin' awesome. Shame I won't be able to get him :(
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Terrsolpix » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:25 pm

Motto: "Once you go movie you can never go back"
Weapon: Wrist-Launched Heat-Seeking Missiles
The toy figurine also comes with a ramp, rail, and hoverboard, so it can “Shreddicus Maximus” whenever he’s not battling the Decepticons.

so it can “Shreddicus Maximus”

All I can think of https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rYkpuGIRql0
Accidental movie collector, complete SS fanboy.
Terrsolpix
Combiner
News Credits: 10
Watch Terrsolpix on YouTube
Alt Mode: Some silly cybertronian tank
Strength: ???
Speed: 5
Endurance: 2
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 1

Postby Deadput » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
How would a Canadian not attending the show such as myself be able to buy this?

I heard Hasbro toy shop is dreadful for Canadians.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Skill: 5

Postby Terrsolpix » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:30 pm

Motto: "Once you go movie you can never go back"
Weapon: Wrist-Launched Heat-Seeking Missiles
Deadput wrote:How would a Canadian not attending the show such as myself be able to buy this?

I heard Hasbro toy shop is dreadful for Canadians.

eBay scalpers? That's how I got Titan force, albeit I'm in the states but the seller was Taiwanese.
Accidental movie collector, complete SS fanboy.
Terrsolpix
Combiner
News Credits: 10
Watch Terrsolpix on YouTube
Alt Mode: Some silly cybertronian tank
Strength: ???
Speed: 5
Endurance: 2
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 1

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OFFROAD SKIDS Transformers Revenge the Fallen NEST Global Alliance Legends ROTF"
OFFROAD SKIDS Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LONG HAUL Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109U"
NEW!
LONG HAUL Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Sword Slash DRIFT Transformers Age Extinction Power Attackers AOE 2014 210930A"
Sword Slash DRIFT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIDEWAYS Transformers Studio Series 88 Movie ROTF Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
SIDEWAYS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GALVATRON Transformers Studio Series 90 Age of Extinction AOE Movie Voyager 2022"
GALVATRON Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Revenge Fallen Robot Replicas complete ROTF 2009 210930A"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Gravity Bots SIDESWIPE Transformers Revenge of the Fallen ROTF 2009 190922a"
Gravity Bots SIDES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRAVITY BOTS SIDESWIPE Transformers Revenge of the Fallen ROTF 2009 121027"
GRAVITY BOTS SIDES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers HD-DVD Movie 2007 Two-Disc Special Edition Set starring LaBeouf+Fox"
Transformers HD-DV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JOLT Transformers Studio Series 75 Deluxe ROTF Hasbro 2021 New"
JOLT Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Target 2009 240109S"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Series 1 GRIMLOCK Transformers Tiny Turbo Changers Last Knight Movie AOE 230118A"
Series 1 GRIMLOCK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109W"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS (variant) Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete + more 220802A"
SKIDS (variant) Tr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Stripes" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON