This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

"KITT Must Die!"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

"KITT Must Die!"

Postby Raymond T. » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:20 am

Just a reminder that next week, January 21st on NBC, the new Knight Rider show will feature the return of the "Evil Prototype" K.A.R.R. voiced by none other than Transformers voice actor Peter Cullen, who is of course best known as the voice of Optimus Prime from the original cartoon series and the Michael Bay Transformers movies.

Last night's episode of Knight Rider also featured a teaser for the upcoming episode called "Knight To King's Pawn", which fan site knight rider online was gracious enough to host on YouTube. In the 20 second clip you can hear Peter Cullen as KARR say the line "KITT Must Die!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwnjGSCDrQk
Raymond T.
Brainmaster
News Credits: 730
Location: Amsterdam, Northern Holland, The Netherlands, Europe, Earth (Sol III), The Sol Solar System.

Re: "KITT Must Die!"

Postby emeraldbeacon » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:44 am

Peter Cullen voicing a giant robot on primetime network television? Win.

Everything else about this show? Fail.
emeraldbeacon
Combiner
News Credits: 5

Postby Megatron Wolf » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:40 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
About damn time. I kinda hope KARR gets destroyed so theres no more reasons for me to tune into this crap show. Hot chicks and transforming cars sounds like a win but its not. Think they would've figured that out after the last TF movie. But then again it is abc.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby JEDI ALCHEMIST » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:55 am

After seeing that giant robot, it makes me think that a live action Transformers series could be possible. I mean if they are able to pull that off imagine what they could with Prime and the rest?
JEDI ALCHEMIST
Micromaster

Postby DevastaTTor » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:09 am

emeraldbeacon wrote:Peter Cullen voicing a giant robot on primetime network television? Win.

Everything else about this show? Fail.

Yep, this may be one episode I can make it through.

Peter is right: KITT (and this show) must die!
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby First-Aid » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:13 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Megatron_Wolf wrote:Hot chicks and transforming cars sounds like a win but its not. Think they would've figured that out after the last TF movie.

So grossing $800 million worldwide isn't "win" huh? Sounds like they won quite a bit to me.

This show is not good and does need to be whacked. They tried to make it campy like the original, but it didn't work.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Tekka » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:54 am

Motto: "I'm grade-A, 100% prime-cut final boss! I'm going to take over the world any day now!"
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
Eight hundred million dollars of fail begs the question, "What's wrong with the world?" :P

Knight Rider also fails quite badly... But For some reason I keep watching it. It keeps me from stabbing myself with pens at work?
Tekka
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby caitlindevi » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:58 am

What do you mean fail?
The new kinght rider is just as good as the old one...you might just be thinking the old one was some masterpiece when its just as cheezy as the new.
Plus Karr is a great big robot that sounds like an evil optimus prime what more could you want.
AND from the look of this image from the intro sequence hes a transformer too! (or could it be the new KITT has a bot mode too?)

Say what you like, I enjoy it!
caitlindevi
Mini-Con

Postby rpetras » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:31 am

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I understand Knight Rider is going to have a bit of a revamp.

Apparently they are scrapping a few characters and changing out a lot of the writing staff.

I've watched the last few epps just so I'd know what was going on for the KARR episode, and I'm curious to see if the change in staff will help the show any.

IMO, as it is now, the show is not just campy but epically lame.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
News Credits: 1
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby Raymond T. » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:38 am

caitlindevi wrote:What do you mean fail?
The new kinght rider is just as good as the old one...you might just be thinking the old one was some masterpiece when its just as cheezy as the new.
Plus Karr is a great big robot that sounds like an evil optimus prime what more could you want.
AND from the look of this image from the intro sequence hes a transformer too! (or could it be the new KITT has a bot mode too?)

Say what you like, I enjoy it!
The idea is that KITT only changes into other vehicles (which they will use less in future episodes and limit him more to just variations of the battle-mode) but KARR is more military driven and can transform into that drone. At this moment it is not clear if this KARR is the same KARR from the original series, but it has been suggested that this KARR has been around for a while.
Raymond T.
Brainmaster
News Credits: 730
Location: Amsterdam, Northern Holland, The Netherlands, Europe, Earth (Sol III), The Sol Solar System.

Postby bgrngod » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:56 am

So hoping for K.A.R.R. to ACTUALLY kill K.I.T.T. and the rest of the entire cast, and then reformat into Optimus is a bit too much wishing right?
bgrngod
Mini-Con

Postby Tekka » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:58 am

Motto: "I'm grade-A, 100% prime-cut final boss! I'm going to take over the world any day now!"
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
bgrngod wrote:So hoping for K.A.R.R. to ACTUALLY kill K.I.T.T. and the rest of the entire cast, and then reformat into Optimus is a bit too much wishing right?
I wouldn't mind... The only character I actually liked died in the last episode. =(
Tekka
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby KingLionForce » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:29 am

What the fridge? Did that car just transformed or something? I remember it being a red Transam or something, but that seemed pretty cool, I may have to watch it.
KingLionForce
Mini-Con

Postby Solrac333 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:57 am

Very cool. :grin:
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby partholon » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:27 pm

have to admit i always loved KARR. the rivalry between him an kitt really sparked my imagination when i was a kid.

i'll definetly be checking this out.

didnt see the drone thing coming though. wouldve thought it just been anothe car with the same capabililties as kitt.

still should be fun and hopefully they wont kill him off so we can get a grudge match later on :)
partholon
Headmaster Jr

Postby Sherade » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:42 pm

Looks like they grew some sense, and KARR is here. That's all I wanted.
It'd be cooler if he was a black '87 Mustang GT w/ silver ground effects, like the Trans-Am but better. :P
But he's a Mustang, so he could be an LX 4-cylinder and I'd still love him.
And he transforms?
And sounds like Optimus (somewhat ironic)
My god.
=P~
previousPrime wrote:The clock guy has impressive testicles.
Sherade
City Commander

Postby DevastaTTor » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:16 pm

I'm ready for them to bring back that evil Semi truck from the original series.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby Delta Supreme » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:11 pm

Goliath???

The only thing "special" about that truck was that it had KITT's bonded invulnerability shell (everywhere but the pin that connects the trailer to the truck), and that it was driven by the "prototype" of Michael Knight's face, evil relative Garth...

Nah, let Goliath rest in pieces, along with Garth, don't want any bright ideas about Garth and twins...
Delta Supreme
Micromaster

Postby Riotflea » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:44 pm

I watched the first episode of Knight Rider and was ASTOUNDED at how crazy bad mega awful hideous it was.

But... I'll give this one, single episode a watch.

And then it's silence again.

Of course, I might just scrap watching even this episode... yeah, it has Cullen and he's a robot... but he's a robot that looks like the awful movie robots.

Bah... I'll flip a coin. (Seriously, I literally am going to flip a coin on this.)
Riotflea
Headmaster Jr

Postby Methusalen » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:11 pm

Motto: ""Not good enough for G1!""
I'll watch it, just as I have watched the previous episodes in the series. I can actually say I'm a fan of the show, but I definitely know that it could use some SERIOUS work to get it 'up to par' with what it could be... I'm hoping that the revamp does that. Bring it back to more of a 'man and his car help people in trouble' like the original was.
Methusalen out...
Methusalen
Combiner
News Credits: 38

Postby Jazz Reborn » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
I actually like this show. I don't know why there's all this hate.
Jazz Reborn
Transmetal Warrior
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: 8

Postby DavidT » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:31 pm

Motto: ""Fate Rarely Calls Upon Us At A Moment Of Our Choosing""

As usual, Peter Cullen delivers.... I hope this boosts the interests and ratings of the show.

And now they are going to be know as F.L.A.G.

The Foundation for Law And Government.... a nod back to the oringinal, well done.

I really hope that wasn't the end of KARR.....

CHECK OUT MY EBAY AUCTIONS Aug. 7 - Aug. 12, 2012: Davidalan26
http://myworld.ebay.com/davidalan26

Check Out My Collection- Updated Sept. 15, 2011: http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18265

DavidT
Brainmaster
News Credits: 88
Buy from DavidT on eBay
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+

Postby rpetras » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:25 pm

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Peter Cullen was great, the episode however, was not.

It looked like it was supposed to be at least a 2-part story that got cut short.

It was like watching a show in fast forward.

On the flip side, I'm looking forward to the new direction for the show.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby Ravage XK » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:59 pm

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
Just finished watching the show and I am torn.

On the plus side, it was good to hear Cullen doing what he does best and this could be a great set up for a much better show. Was strange hearing Prime's voice coming from KARR though.

Sadly the negatives heavily outweigh the positives. I have had a problem with KITT's transformations in the new show, there is simply no need for them. The old show had KITT's super pursuit mode where a few bits of the car changed slightly but the new one goes over the top. Neons! What possible use could they have? Who designed the car, a teenager?

They killed KARR off way too easily. You would assume that KARR would have the same armour as KITT or at least something similar yet KITT managed to tear him apart while none of his advanced systems were online.

I was hoping that there would be a shot at the end of the show where KARR was shown to be still active, this would have kept those people who tuned in to the show to see him coming back week after week but no, it seems that is all over now and it will be back to the usual format with a couple less people.

I don't get the show, is it a reboot of Knight Rider, pretending that the 80's show never happened? It seems that way as they seemed to imply that KARR and KITT are new. Yet, Mike is the son of Micheal Knight from the 80's show which featured a KARR and a KITT. Its too confusing and I think that is what lets the show down, it doesn't know what it is, where its going or where it has been.

I was also hoping that KITTs transforming Mustang would be destroyed and he would the be built into another vehicle that was just KITT, they could keep the lasers and turbo boost etc but ditch the transformations.

I also have a problem with the way Mike drives, he sits in a very strange position and hardly ever looks where he is going. Also, the production staff dont take much notice of the film they use on the in car scenes. During the build up you can see out the window that they are driving through empty waste land or desert or something but when the camera cuts back outside suddenly they are surrounded by buildings.

Hmmm...think I am over thinking. Its only a TV show after all. Its good to vent though. :)

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9

Postby caitlindevi » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:10 pm

The show isn't a reboot...more a continuation.

The whole KARR Transfomer thing...it wasn't too bad for a tv show but the whole human pilot thing seemed a bit too contrived and just a way to get rid of a character in the reinvention of the series.

As for Kitt I kinda like it as a Mustang...the trans am always was a bit conspicuous. I don't like the interious dash set up though...the plasma ball thing is a little too power rangers for my likeing
caitlindevi
Mini-Con

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER ANNUAL #1 var Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230872 (CA) Land (W) Percy"
GHOST RIDER ANNUAL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PUNISHER #11 var Marvel Comics 2023 FEB230857 (CA) Scalera (W) Aaron"
PUNISHER #11 var M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DANNY KETCH GHOST RIDER #1 var 1:50 Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230712 (CA) Saltares"
DANNY KETCH GHOST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMIC GHOST RIDER #2 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 FEB230704 (CA) Wolf"
COSMIC GHOST RIDER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #11 Marvel Comics 2023 NOV220960 (CA) Barends (W) Percy (A) Wachter"
GHOST RIDER #11 Ma ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #13 var Marvel Comics 2023 MAY230927 (CA) Mooney (W) Zdarsky"
DAREDEVIL #13 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #15 var Last Look Marvel Comics 2023 APR230856 (CA) Cabal (W) Percy"
GHOST RIDER #15 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #8 var Howard The Duck Marvel Comics 2022 SEP221039 (CA) Netease"
SHE-HULK #8 var Ho ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #11 var Spider-Verse Marvel Comics MAR230885 (CA) Johnson"
DAREDEVIL #11 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #5 var X-Treme Marvel Comics 2022 SEP221031 (W) Zdarsky (CA) Williams"
DAREDEVIL #5 var X ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #1 var 1:100 virgin Marvel Comics 2022 NOV210847 (CA) Artgerm (W)Rowell"
SHE-HULK #1 var 1: ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK #1 var Avengers 60th Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230648 Lagace"
SENSATIONAL SHE-HU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK #1 Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230645 (CA) Bartel (W) Rowell +Gao"
SENSATIONAL SHE-HU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #8 var Marvel Comics 2022 SEP221038 (CA) Dowling (W) Rowell (A)Miyazawa"
SHE-HULK #8 var Ma ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON