This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Toy Gallery: Aveo Swerve

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New Toy Gallery: Aveo Swerve

Postby Blurrz » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:17 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Elusive. The word might be used to describe an NFL Running Back, or what happens to your socks after they go into the dryer. Nope, not this time around. When the word elusive applies to Transformers, we can only be talking about one thing these days; Universe Chevrolet Aveo Swerve. Now, this figure is not exactly new but to get it in your hands today; well let's just say you are either willing to pay a price, or you have a really, really nice Canadian friend. Whatever method he chose, our creator of Seibertron.com, Ryan Yzquierdo was able to obtain Swerve and has made another beautiful gallery. Before you take a look at the pictures of the rare figure, perhaps you would like to be enlightened by it's history? The whole deal started off in 2007, right after Michael Bay's Transformers was released. In China, you either had to buy the Aveo Swerve, or test-drive the car in order to obtain this figure as a freebie. It's still rumoured that this isn't exactly true, however for those trying to get the figure on Ebay, they must have paid several hundreds at the time. Now the next place that Swerve popped up in was Europe in 2008, and it is not well-documented as to how this figure was to be obtained, however it's after-market on EBay was around $200-$300 US. Now as I mentioned before about Canada, in June/July 2009, Aveo Swerve was given out free in Toronto, Ontario, after you filled out a promotion. However the number of Aveo Swerves were very limited, and to get it on EBay now, you're still going to have to pay around $100 US to nab it. Yet before you get to see the Aveo Swerve galleries, did you know that there was actually a Yellow Aveo Swerve that was released too? Have fun finding that!

Universe Chevrolet Aveo Swerve;

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more galleries and updates!
Last edited by Blurrz on Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: New Toy Gallery: Aveo Swerve

Postby kirbenvost » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:22 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Unfortunately all the really, really nice Canadian friends seem to have run out of opportunities, because I wasn't able to get one of these either. XD

I am definitely looking forward to perusing this gallery later though. :D
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby LiKwid » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:29 pm

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this little guy's popularity stemmed from how hard he was to obtain.. I mean his bot looks cool and all but ..It's a Aveo...Not the greatest choice for a vehicle mode IMO.. but hey to each their own LOL :P..
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
News Credits: 8
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6

Postby tom brokaw » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:31 pm

they have to do the promo in the U.S.... i mean chevy is an american company, and so is hasbro.... but i have a feeling that is they do bring it to the U.S., its gonna be wild
tom brokaw
Gestalt
News Credits: 4

Postby Jetstorm92210 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:34 pm

Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
I heard he was available in Mexico during 2007 with a test drive, but I'm not really sure, and it just a rumour but the commercial said they were giving Transformers of 20 cm.
Jetstorm92210
Fuzor
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Jacob P. Galvatron » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:27 pm

Motto: "Decepticons, till the day I die! West side!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
He looks so cool. :-(
Jacob P. Galvatron: Because You're Worth It!!

Custom Things:
Atmospheric Re-entry Bumblebee

Jacob P. Galvatron
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6

Postby Convotron » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:31 pm

Motto: "When in doubt, transform and roll out!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
LiKwid wrote:I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this little guy's popularity stemmed from how hard he was to obtain.. I mean his bot looks cool and all but ..It's a Aveo...Not the greatest choice for a vehicle mode IMO.. but hey to each their own LOL :P..

Most definitely. Its rarity is a large part of its appeal. Its alt mode isn't exactly seek and sexy. Its robot mode is similar. It's a trophy for one's collection where it can be pointed at and you can say that it's a really rare find.

I personally love the robot mode because I just love chunky Transformers. I also really like how the lower legs are designed for transformation, similar to Alternity Convoy.
Toys for sale, S.H. Figuarts, Revoltech, Robot Damashii, Figma, and more!

Discounts for purchases of 3 items or more! See sales thread for details.

Never forget the Oath Sworn Through Courage!
Convotron
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+

Postby Blurrz » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:38 pm

Convotron wrote:
LiKwid wrote:I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this little guy's popularity stemmed from how hard he was to obtain.. I mean his bot looks cool and all but ..It's a Aveo...Not the greatest choice for a vehicle mode IMO.. but hey to each their own LOL :P..

Most definitely. Its rarity is a large part of its appeal. Its alt mode isn't exactly seek and sexy. Its robot mode is similar. It's a trophy for one's collection where it can be pointed at and you can say that it's a really rare find.

I personally love the robot mode because I just love chunky Transformers. I also really like how the lower legs are designed for transformation, similar to Alternity Convoy.

On the contrary, I think it's alt mode is sleek and sexy and, it's far from being 'chunky' by any means. For a promotional figure, it's freaking fantastic. The only flaw I think that he has is the fact that doesn't come with slightest of weapons, which I assume the reason is because it's distributed by GM.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers

Postby Convotron » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:15 pm

Blurrz wrote:On the contrary, I think it's alt mode is sleek and sexy and, it's far from being 'chunky' by any means. For a promotional figure, it's freaking fantastic. The only flaw I think that he has is the fact that doesn't come with slightest of weapons, which I assume the reason is because it's distributed by GM.

You really don't think its robot mode is chunky?

I like that the figure doesn't include a gun. I look at the figure as something apart from "normal" Transformers so by having it include a weapon of some sort makes it seem weird to me. Also, unless there is a way to include a weapon that can be stored within the alt mode, I'd rather not have a gun. I just personally like Transformers that can incorporate all its accessories or store them in some way so I don't have stuff set aside when it's in alt mode.

I'd love to get an Aveo Swerve but the prices I see it selling at are killing me. If it was given die cast treatment like Alternity, I'd have no problem lying to myself, I mean justifying the price. I love the design of the robot mode but I just can't seem bring myself to buy it...yet.

I think this is a war I'll lose. I'll probably end up buying one.

Convotron
City Commander

Postby Blurrz » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:17 pm

Don't worry you'll be joining me. I've got one in the mail coming, however, let's just say that I didn't pay out of my pocket :P
Blurrz
God Of Transformers

Postby Convotron » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:23 pm

Thanks a lot, Blurrz. Peer pressure. "He has one so now I have to have one too! All the cool kids have Aveo Swerve! And it's so beautiful...so...chunky.".

Back to hunting on eBay for me. :(

Convotron
City Commander

Postby Seibertron » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:40 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
i bought mine for $79.95 shipped from canada. considering he was going for 200-300 at one point, i consider that a fair price for a "free" figure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SA:US:1123
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Valandar » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:21 pm

Motto: "It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, only that you work to make it full."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
So can we get an overview of what points of articulation it has? For example, I can't quite tell, but I think he's got a dual elbow...
Valandar
Gestalt
Endurance: 8
Skill: 9

Postby dragons » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:36 pm

not to crazy about car mode car mode could have little more stuff addded to it to make it bot mode is nice i see amrmad/energon redalert when i see the face
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Convotron » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:16 pm

Seibertron wrote:i bought mine for $79.95 shipped from canada. considering he was going for 200-300 at one point, i consider that a fair price for a "free" figure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SA:US:1123

Wow, 200-300? I now feel much better, especially since I broke down and purchased a Swerve from eBay for a pretty good price. I do love the mold in robot mode so it's a purchase I don't regret.

Convotron
City Commander

Postby NuclearConvoy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:24 pm

Very nice gallery Ryan. I have this figure myself (thanks to a Torontonian friend who deserves pimping, check out her site at http://www.insecticons.com) and was pondering suggesting you do a gallery of it if you could, but then forgot to and you got to it anyways.

I have a question though: Why do you have it posed with Universe Optimus Primal? I kinda figured it was part of the "Classics" Universe line (along with the Movie-verse associations of time, size and liscenced-ness).
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:53 pm

NuclearConvoy wrote:Very nice gallery Ryan. I have this figure myself (thanks to a Torontonian friend who deserves pimping, check out her site at http://www.insecticons.com) and was pondering suggesting you do a gallery of it if you could, but then forgot to and you got to it anyways.

I have a question though: Why do you have it posed with Universe Optimus Primal? I kinda figured it was part of the "Classics" Universe line (along with the Movie-verse associations of time, size and liscenced-ness).

I put it in the suggestion thread, but I suppose, with a figure like this and the release that it got, that it's a bit of a no-briner.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby alldarker » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:41 am

Motto: "Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
Weapon: Vibro-Force Gun
I got mine through the 'not well documented' European deal on March 25th of 2008. It was actually quite simply through the online European Chevrolet site, where it was an addition to the merchandize site, for the princely sum of €12,80 each (~$20.00). I believe that there were no limits as to how many you could order (I ordered and received two) but I have also heard claims that people who ordered three or even more through the Chevy site received less than they'd ordered or even none at all. Fact is that about 4-6 hours after news got out of this deal, they were all sold out on the site.

It took quite a while before they arrived too. I made a call to Chevy because I was a bit worried about them arriving or not, and the guy responsible for filling the orders told me he was 'surprised' and slightly overwhelmed with the amounts of orders he had received on that one day. He was more used to one - two orders for merchandizing a week!
I'm so meta, even this acronym...
alldarker
Brainmaster
News Credits: 7
Buy from alldarker on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby tom brokaw » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:12 am

alldarker wrote:I got mine through the 'not well documented' European deal on March 25th of 2008. It was actually quite simply through the online European Chevrolet site, where it was an addition to the merchandize site, for the princely sum of €12,80 each (~$20.00). I believe that there were no limits as to how many you could order (I ordered and received two) but I have also heard claims that people who ordered three or even more through the Chevy site received less than they'd ordered or even none at all. Fact is that about 4-6 hours after news got out of this deal, they were all sold out on the site.

It took quite a while before they arrived too. I made a call to Chevy because I was a bit worried about them arriving or not, and the guy responsible for filling the orders told me he was 'surprised' and slightly overwhelmed with the amounts of orders he had received on that one day. He was more used to one - two orders for merchandizing a week!

i really hope they do this for the U.S.
tom brokaw
Gestalt
News Credits: 4

Postby Ravage XK » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:14 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
Yeah, I ordered mine from the Euro Chevy site and it took ages for the order to come. I emailed asking where they were and was told about the poor guy being swamped!

Bet he was glad when they sold out!

I keep checking the site from time to time to see if they have any more but sadly no.

It is an excellent little figure. Sometimes it reminds me of Robocop.

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Firepower: 10+

Postby Seibertron » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:35 am

NuclearConvoy wrote:I have a question though: Why do you have it posed with Universe Optimus Primal? I kinda figured it was part of the "Classics" Universe line (along with the Movie-verse associations of time, size and liscenced-ness).

I've always considered the figure to be part of the first movie's toy line, but the instructions included with the figure clearly have the Transformers Universe logo from earlier in this decade, which was Hasbro's line for any figure that didn't match the requirements for the mainstream line. The Wiki sites also list the figure as part of Transformers Universe (not "Classics" Universe, confusing I know), so that's why I did a picture of him with Optimus Primal as well as TF1 Optimus Prime. I do not consider him to be part of the Classics line though because he doesn't fit the bill, so to speak.
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:00 am

I think they didn't have the new Universe logo ready, so they went with the older one ... although it's not wrong to lump it in with the old Universe line.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby NuclearConvoy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:14 pm

Also, THANKS A LOT for reminding me of that obscure and beautiful yellow Swerve....damn...never be able to get that...
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby Blurrz » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:18 pm

NuclearConvoy wrote:Also, THANKS A LOT for reminding me of that obscure and beautiful yellow Swerve....damn...never be able to get that...

Sorry ^_^. I dash out your dreams just like Hasbro!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers

Postby Seibertron » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:29 pm

Blurrz wrote:
NuclearConvoy wrote:Also, THANKS A LOT for reminding me of that obscure and beautiful yellow Swerve....damn...never be able to get that...

Sorry ^_^. I dash out your dreams just like Hasbro!

Is the yellow one real? I had heard that it was just a custom figure.
Seibertron
Site Owner

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0224IM320 8A (A/CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr E RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 300E (CA) Royle"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs GI JOE #1 SDCC Cvr B IDW Comics 2014 01SDCCB (CA) Scioli 220712"
TRANSFORMERS vs GI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 JUN230377 3C (CA) Mali (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 0224IM323 8D (CA) Khalidah"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 2C 1223IM261 (CA) Burnham"
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr G blank sketch Image Comics 2023 1G GI JOE 1023IM265 (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr G blan ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Rock N Roll Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM896 (CA) Howard"
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #4 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Brown 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 4C GI JOE 0124IM249 (CA) Boss (W)Williamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr C 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 JUN230375 3A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM893 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #2 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Golden (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #2 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Skywarp Figure" on AMAZON