This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers January 2012 Solicitations

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

IDW Transformers January 2012 Solicitations

Postby El Duque » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:02 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Courtesy of ComicList.com we have IDW's Transformers comic solicitations for January 2012. Enjoy the covers and descriptions below.

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Ongoing #1
John Barber (w) Andrew Griffith (a) Marcelo Matere x 4, Griffith (c)

The war for Cybertron is over-now the hard part begins!
This first of two new ongoing Transformers series offers an excellent jumping-on point and all-new direction as BUMBLEBEE and his fellow AUTOBOTS struggle to maintain control of a world without OPTIMUS PRIME!
FC 32 pages $3.99

Variant covers:
  • Wraparound Marcelo Matere cover, featuring the inter-connected image of all 4 covers!
  • Autobot logo temporary tattoos!
  • Dan Khanna hand-drawn Autobot sketch cover!

Bullet points:
  • ONE UNIVERSE! This series, in conjunction with Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye, expands the Transformers universe into exciting, unexplored territory.
  • Never read an IDW TRANSFORMERS book? THIS is the place to start!
  • 4 inter-connected covers by Marcelo Matere, each featuring a character from the new ongoing series, combining to make one image!
  • All covers have an eye-catching foil enhancement!

Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #1
James Roberts (w) Nick Roche (a) Alex Milne x 4, Roche (c)

The ultimate Transformers saga begins here!
This second all-new ongoing Transformers title reunites the fan-favorite creative team behind Last Stand of the Wreckers and sends the Transformers on an epic quest to the farthest reaches of the Transformers Universe and beyond! The adventure starts here!
FC 32 pages $3.99

Variant covers:
  • Wraparound Alex Milne cover, featuring the inter-connected image of all 4 covers!
  • Decepticon logo temporary tattoos!
  • Josh Burcham hand-drawn sketch Decepticon cover!

Bullet points:

• ONE UNIVERSE! This series, in conjunction with Transformers: Robots in Disguise, expands the Transformers universe into exciting, unexplored territory.
  • 4 inter-connected covers by Alex Milne, each featuring a character from the new ongoing series, combining to make one image!

Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers Hardcover
Nick Roche & James Roberts (w) Roche & Guido Guidi (a) Trevor Hutchison (c)

An all-new deluxe hardcover collection! The AUTOBOT special ops crew, THE WRECKERS, are sent to investigate Garrus-9, a prison that fell to the DECEPTICONS three years ago with no communication in or out since. Who's really behind the prison siege, and what dark secret awaits SPRINGER there? The answers to those questions will send this mission to the razors edge!
HC FC $29.99 172 pages 7" x 11" ISBN 978-1-61377-126-6

Bullet points:

• A deluxe hardcover in the tradition of the critically acclaimed All Hail Megatron collection!

Infes2ation #1 (of 2)
Duane Swierczynski (w) David Messina (a) Alex Garner, Livio Ramondelli (c)

Last year's groundbreaking Infestation series, IDW's first-ever event, saw many teams from multiple universes fight off a zombie invasion. Now, an even bigger threat has risen to threaten the growing IDW multiverse: Lovecraftian demons threaten to reach across time and space and destroy everyone everywhere and everywhen! Also featuring Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, this framing issue presents a threat that perhaps not even TRANSFORMERS, G.I. JOEs, Danger Girl, and others can surmount!
FC 32 pages $3.99

Variant covers:
  • David Messina cover!
  • Duane Swierczynski signed edition!
  • Joe Phillips hand-drawn licensed-character sketch cover!
  • Infes2ation temporary tattoos!

Bullet points:
  • IDW's biggest event of 2011 returns in an even bigger way, as Lovecraftian monsters spread across numerous titles!
  • This time, the Infes2ation Event will feature Transformers, 30 Days of Night, G.I. Joe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Danger Girl, and more!
  • The lead-in to February's 2-part Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and 30 Days of Night tie-in series, as well as a Groom Lake/Weekly World News one-shot!
  • March will see Infes2ation affect Transformers, the all-new Dungeons & Dragons campaign of Eberron, and G.I. Joe!
  • Written by bestselling novelist/comic-book writer Duane Swierczynski and featuring David Messina (Infestation, Infestation: Outbreak, True Blood) on art!
  • Ask your retailer how to get special temporary Infes2ation tattoos, Duane Swierczynski signed editions & hand-drawn sketch covers by Joe Phillips!
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: IDW Transformers Junuary 2012 Solicitations

Postby starwarrior1227 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:28 am

Motto: "''How you use that knowledge is the other half of the battle.''"
Weapon: Twin Concussion Blasters
i can sadly see the transformers going against these what evers.

i haven't seen the danger girl series or 30DoN either.

gi joe i can sorta see this happen. sorta.

and i know how messed up the tmnt name is so this is straight up there ally.

in the end i don't care about I2. and i am dessapointed that RID isn't actually about TF:RID(i am happy about the comic probably being about WFC and FOC but the whole "Robots In Disguise" thing made me feel it should be about tf:RID") and "more than meets the eye" dosn't look anything special. the wreckers i might get if cheap enough.
"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow creaks in these petty Hz from day to day, to the last segment of recorded data and all our yester-cycles have guided fools the way to rusty death- Out,out brief spark! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor shot that struts and frets his hour upon the field. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of cries and bullets, signifying nothing..."-Macbot
starwarrior1227
Vehicon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10
Skill: Infinity

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:32 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
starwarrior1227 wrote:(i am happy about the comic probably being about WFC and FOC
I think they're just using the body designs from WFC. This takes place in the IDW G1 universe, which has nothing to do with WFC.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby starwarrior1227 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:43 am

Motto: "''How you use that knowledge is the other half of the battle.''"
Weapon: Twin Concussion Blasters
Sabrblade wrote:[quote="starwarrior1227"(i am happy about the comic probably being about WFC and FOC
I think they're just using the body designs from WFC. This takes place in the IDW G1 universe, which has nothing to do with WFC.[/quote]

then i am happy.
"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow creaks in these petty Hz from day to day, to the last segment of recorded data and all our yester-cycles have guided fools the way to rusty death- Out,out brief spark! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor shot that struts and frets his hour upon the field. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of cries and bullets, signifying nothing..."-Macbot
starwarrior1227
Vehicon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 5
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10
Skill: Infinity

Postby Darth Bombshell » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:31 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Sabrblade wrote:This takes place in the IDW G1 universe, which has nothing to do with WFC.

If by "this" you mean the TF portion of Infestation II, then you're incorrect. The TF portion of Infestation II takes place in the "Hearts of Steel" continuity.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:52 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Darth Bombshell wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:This takes place in the IDW G1 universe, which has nothing to do with WFC.

If by "this" you mean the TF portion of Infestation II, then you're incorrect. The TF portion of Infestation II takes place in the "Hearts of Steel" continuity.
By "this", I was talking about the Robots in Disguise comic, whose cover shows the G1 'Bots in the bodies of the WFC counterparts (hence the mention of WFC).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Intelligence: 10
Skill: 9

Postby trence5 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:25 pm

Motto: "I GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO TONIGHT THAN DIE!"
Weapon: Photon Eliminator Rifle
El Duque wrote:Courtesy of ComicList.com we have IDW's Transformers comic solicitations for January 2012. Enjoy the covers and descriptions below.

Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #1
James Roberts (w) Nick Roche (a) Alex Milne x 4, Roche (c)

The ultimate Transformers saga begins here!
This second all-new ongoing Transformers title reunites the fan-favorite creative team behind Last Stand of the Wreckers and sends the Transformers on an epic quest to the farthest reaches of the Transformers Universe and beyond! The adventure starts here!
FC 32 pages $3.99

Variant covers:
  • Wraparound Alex Milne cover, featuring the inter-connected image of all 4 covers!
  • Decepticon logo temporary tattoos!
  • Josh Burcham hand-drawn sketch Decepticon cover!

Bullet points:

• ONE UNIVERSE! This series, in conjunction with Transformers: Robots in Disguise, expands the Transformers universe into exciting, unexplored territory.
  • 4 inter-connected covers by Alex Milne, each featuring a character from the new ongoing series, combining to make one image!
ImageImageImage
I'll take that Ultra magnus cover please....Thank you :DANCE: :DANCE:
trence5
Combiner
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Postby Lord Manhammer '74 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:53 pm

Looking forward to this. But ,when will we be hearing about TRANSFORMERS#81 from Simon Furman and Andrew Wildman, continuing the Marvel run ?
Lord Manhammer '74
Micromaster
Watch Lord Manhammer '74 on YouTube

Postby Darth Bombshell » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:48 am

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Lord Manhammer '74 wrote:But ,when will we be hearing about TRANSFORMERS#81 from Simon Furman and Andrew Wildman, continuing the Marvel run ?

They said it was supposed to start in January. Then again, IDW also said their new Danger Girl Mini would start in December. It's most likely going to come in February.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6

Postby Chaoslock » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:11 am

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
When's junuary?
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Courage: 9

Re: IDW Transformers January 2012 Solicitations

Postby Random » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:20 am

Chaoslock wrote:When's junuary?

Between Septober and Octember. :grin:

I have the RID one on pre order with Midtown comics...but they do not have the MTMTE listed.

Anyone know of a place to preorder?
Random
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #74 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 0823IM320 74C (CA) Williams III"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #70 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 0723IM412 70C (CA) Hughes"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #8 Cvr G 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2022 NOV210586 8G (CA) Conner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #2 Cvr A Boom Comics 2021 SEP210770 2A (CA) Shehan"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #1 Dynamic Forces DF Octo Boom Comics 1D (CA) Haeser 240210B"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #83 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1223IM332 83B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #9 Cvr M LTD Dynamite Comics 2022 DEC210654 9M (CA) Celina"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #7 Cvr I 1:25 Dynamite Comics 2022 OCT210554 7I (CA)Linsner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #31 Cvr C Image Comics 2022 NOV210267 31C (CA) Del Mundo"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #12 Cvr B Image Comics 2021 FEB210220 12B (CA) Moore"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #14 Cvr C Image Comics 2021 MAR210240 14C (CA) Rapoza"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #65 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 APR230317 65C (CA) Hans (W) Kirkman"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #8 Cvr L LTD Dynamite Comics 2022 NOV210591 8L (CA) Linsner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #44 Cvr C Image Comics 2022 JUN220343 44C (CA) Rivera"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON