This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Rare Transformers G2 prototypes hit TaoBao: Sandstorm, Stunticons, Protectobots and much more

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Rare Transformers G2 prototypes hit TaoBao: Sandstorm, Stunticons, Protectobots and much more

Postby Dead Metal » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:36 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
So every now and then rare or prototypes of unproduced toys hit the internet via auction sites or listings. And well, this time has come once again. This time over at TaoBao, and just like most of the time it's G2 stuff!
Some of the following items have been seen before and are relatively well known to our fandom, other not so much. They are also all sold/offered by the same person who calls himself Bear (something) Palace, sorry, but I just don't know how to replicate or name that symbol. Here's a link to an English translation of his profile.

We have mirrored a few images of each item, should you want to see more images of them, you can just click the item thumbnail in the auctions to see a few more in flash.

So the man has a prototype of the fabled G2 Sandstorm repaint of G1 Ramjet.

He also has what appears to be the rumoured "Black Death Starscream", well it's the Starscream mold in black.

He also has G2 Stunticons: Motormaster, and Wildrider and Dragstrip.

He also has two G2 Protectobots; Blades and First-Aid.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Re: Rare Transformers G2 prototypes hit TaoBao: Sunstorm, Stunticons, Protectobots and much more

Postby RhA » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:41 pm

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
I'm going to cry in my sleep over these. Thanks.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Re: Rare Transformers G2 prototypes hit TaoBao: Sunstorm, Stunticons, Protectobots and much more

Postby Dead Metal » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:48 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
RhA wrote:I'm going to cry in my sleep over these. Thanks.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Pretender Skywarp » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:53 pm

Mrs. Skywarp wrote:Don't even fu**ing think about it :-x

Were her exact words as I let out a childish little gasp of excitement..... :sad:
Pretender Skywarp
Headmaster
News Credits: 36

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:56 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Pretender Skywarp wrote:
Mrs. Skywarp wrote:Don't even fu**ing think about it :-x

Were her exact words as I let out a childish little gasp of excitement..... :sad:

Wives, gotta love'em. Mine almost said the same thing when I saw a Grandus in an online store... :lol:

With regards to Chinese and Japanese symbols, you can simply copy and paste them, like this:

大熊の宝殿

This translates to "Sanctuary of Ursa Maior", as in the constellation.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Seibertron » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:07 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Wives, gotta love'em. Mine almost said the same thing when I saw a Grandus in an online store... :lol:

Any chance you could send me a link to Grandus?
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Rare Transformers G2 prototypes hit TaoBao: Sandstorm, Stunticons, Protectobots and much more

Postby Seibertron » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:17 pm

I'm determined that one day the G2 Stunticons and G2 Protectobots will get made as a special series of "unmade" Transformers (maybe a 30th or 50th G2 anniversary set) or that someone will find cases of these G2 figures that were made but were never shipped overseas.

I also think BotCon missed an opportunity in 2010 to bring fans these sets 2 years ago. In a alternate universe where I'm a key decision maker of the Transformers brand, I would orchestrate a special BotCon or Club giftset that brings all of the G2 Protectobots and G2 Stunticons into one or two giftsets, and partnered with Toys R Us or some other retailer to release a giftset of the G1 versions of those toys at retail to help offset the costs of the molds and/or the production run. An e-Hobby set of these would be an awesome alternative to a Botcon set as well if it wasn't financially feasible for BotCon.

Considering some of the things that come out of the wood work, I can still hold out hope. I've still got my fingers crossed!

This gives me an idea ... I should start a regular article / topic titled "If Seibertron.com ran the Transformers brand ..." which we could all contribute good ideas to.
Seibertron
Site Owner

Re: Rare Transformers G2 prototypes hit TaoBao: Sandstorm, Stunticons, Protectobots and much more

Postby funeralthirst7 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:26 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
G2 really had the worst color choices. These things are hideous.
Nobody calls Soundwave uncrasimatic

Recent acquisitions:

Masterpiece Optimus Prime
Masterpiece Thundercracker

GDO Powerdive

Prime Dreadwing (Voyager)
Prime Skyquake (Cyberverse)
funeralthirst7
Minibot
Buy from funeralthirst7 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Pretender Skywarp » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

funeralthirst7 wrote:G2 really had the worst color choices. These things are hideous.

Which is what makes them so undeniably awesome!
Pretender Skywarp
Headmaster

Postby Samurai Bludgeon » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:17 pm

Motto: "Current Collection Count: 2250~"
Weapon: Sword
Seibertron wrote:...

This gives me an idea ... I should start a regular article / topic titled "If Seibertron.com ran the Transformers brand ..." which we could all contribute good ideas to.

That'd be a really fun idea. Perhaps once it's going you could actually submit a few of the ideas to Hasbro, I know it would be a shot in the dark but you never know. A consolidated, structured, petitioned idea might just get them to at least take a look at it.

Or...you could go big and become a third-party producer i.e. Fans Project, MMC, ect. I know you don't like that idea, however it could be a great way to get those types of things done! Just need some serious financial start-up, time to start a Seibertron.com donation drive!
Samurai Bludgeon
Minibot
Buy from Samurai Bludgeon on eBay

Postby JRFitzpatrick7 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:37 pm

Motto: "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Seibertron wrote:I'm determined that one day the G2 Stunticons and G2 Protectobots will get made as a special series of "unmade" Transformers (maybe a 30th or 50th G2 anniversary set) or that someone will find cases of these G2 figures that were made but were never shipped overseas.

I also think BotCon missed an opportunity in 2010 to bring fans these sets 2 years ago. In a alternate universe where I'm a key decision maker of the Transformers brand, I would orchestrate a special BotCon or Club giftset that brings all of the G2 Protectobots and G2 Stunticons into one or two giftsets, and partnered with Toys R Us or some other retailer to release a giftset of the G1 versions of those toys at retail to help offset the costs of the molds and/or the production run. An e-Hobby set of these would be an awesome alternative to a Botcon set as well if it wasn't financially feasible for BotCon.

Considering some of the things that come out of the wood work, I can still hold out hope. I've still got my fingers crossed!

Ryan i think this is a great idea! and one that I think would be great on the front page of the site, but also incorporated into the podcast! I think its a great discussion topic for the forums as well as Counterpunch's roundtable!
Seibertron wrote:

Seibertron.com is a Transformers fansite. It is not a fansite about 3rd party products. I do NOT care for 3rd party products. I am TIRED of seeing the stuff here on this site. That's all it comes down to.

JRFitzpatrick7
Headmaster Jr
Buy from JRFitzpatrick7 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Delicon » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:38 pm

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
I really want those G2 Stunticons!
Proud Seibertronian since 2008
Delicon
Gestalt
News Credits: 273
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Firepower: 2
Skill: 9

Postby Seibertron » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:05 pm

The G2 Stunticons and Protectobots are such a sore spot for me. These toys were close enough to coming out that Toys R Us stores had listings for them in their computer system way back in 1994 or 1995. Shortly after Christmas '93 or '94, I was on the hunt for G2 Hero Megatron after receiving Hero Optimus for Christmas. The employee at the customer service desk at the Flint, MI TRU was kind enough to search other TRU stores to see if any other stores around had Megatron in stock. While looking through the list of figures, the employee read off "Protectobots" and "Stunticons". I said to the employee ... "those must be listings for old Transformers from a while ago." The employee corrected me and said "no, these are for toys that are coming out soon." I obtained Hero Megatron at a nearby TRU in Novi, MI and then spent the next few months searching for the Protectobots and Stunticons. No Internet at the time to tell me what stores to look at or that the toys had been canceled. I was bummed to never see those toys and to find out a couple of years later once I had access to the Internet that the toys had been canceled.
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby Heavy B » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:37 pm

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
mmmmmmmmmmmm, neon.

Also, Kinda looks like first aid would suffer from GPS around the neck...
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
Heavy B
Gestalt
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 9

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:36 pm

You know, I wouldn't have minded if CHMS had made a "Classics" Sandstorm, even after havign bought so, so many Seekers already.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Pretender Skywarp » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:44 am

You'd think an encore giftset, with the G2 counterpart as an ehobby exclusive would be a no brainer.

I was genuinely surprised when that didn't happen with Devastator.
Pretender Skywarp
Headmaster

Postby joevill » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:32 am

Motto: "For Seibertron!"
Weapon: Sword
Wow these all are amazing. *sigh* Too bad none of them were released. I really like that Sunstorm.
joevill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 11
Watch joevill on YouTube
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5

Postby gothsaurus » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:33 am

I'd have picked up Sandstorm ramjet as well.

I wish we could see some store exclusive box sets... where you get a troop builder team of all repaints. They could throw us a set of all jets and we'd jump to buy it.... though CHMS and Botcon beat them to the punch on most of them.

Hasbro, please consider a troop repaint set to release any fan-expected repaints — missing seekers of the trio, Ultra Magnus, etc.

For the upcoming WFC I hope they can find a solution like this to get all the seekers out promptly... rather than dragging out for 4 or 5 years like Thundercracker.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby janetang » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:26 am

you can directly buy it here:
http://www.buychina.com/products/12525229927

http://www.buychina.com/products/12954025633

For more, pls input the product ID correctly.

It is said can be paid by PayPal, Visa, and other Credit Cards. More, can get free shipping this month.
janetang
Mini-Con

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TWINFERNO +  DABURU Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 231208I"
TWINFERNO + DABUR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS23 DEEP COVER Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-GS23 DEEP COVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINDSET Transformers Generations Reveal Shield Deluxe complete 2011 230920A"
MINDSET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2010 230903A"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HIGHBROW + XORT Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208U"
HIGHBROW + XORT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DK-3 BREAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
DK-3 BREAKER Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Autobot WHEELJACK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Autobot WHEELJACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMOS Transformers Titans Return Generations Legends complete+more 2017 230429A"
COSMOS Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230903A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD + FIREDRIVE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 230427A"
HOT ROD + FIREDRIV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Classics Universe Animated Legends 2008 230615A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Universe Spy Changer complete Hasbro 2005 230821A"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIRL Transformers Generations Voyager complete + instructions 2014 230920A"
WHIRL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Generations Alt-Modes Series 1 Hasbro 2016"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Cosmos" on AMAZON