BotCon 2010 Animated Galleries

Transformers News: BotCon 2010 Animated Galleries

Friday, June 25th, 2010 6:09PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Cartoon News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 56,562

A recent Hasbro Q & A revealed that two other Transformers Animated Deluxes would be joining Arcee and Cybertron Mode Ratchet. These will be Toys'R'Us Exclusives much like their predecessors, and will be arriving this fall. Seibertron.com is proud to present to you Transformers fans, Animated Deluxe Rodimus Minor and Ironhide!

Rodimus Minor
Ironhide

Keep it at Seibertron.com for all your 2010 BotCon Coverage!
Re: BotCon 2010 Animated Galleries (1090501)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on June 25th, 2010 @ 6:19pm CDT

So, are Ratchet's defibilator paddles rationalized as some sort of powered brass knuckles for Ironhide? Showing off his actual figure would of course require yet another repaint, or else fans who want a second one to kitbash into literal IRONhide could make him as scarce as Arcee has been.
Re: BotCon 2010 Animated Galleries (1090503)
Posted by Dai_Ceefax on June 25th, 2010 @ 6:21pm CDT
When did Ironhide lose so much ....face?
Re: BotCon 2010 Animated Galleries (1090518)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 25th, 2010 @ 6:37pm CDT
If i get Ironhide, technically I'll have all the Animated versions of the Movie-verse Autobots from the first movie (with the exception of Jazz) :lol:
Re: BotCon 2010 Animated Galleries (1090520)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 25th, 2010 @ 6:40pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2010 Animated Galleries (1090530)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on June 25th, 2010 @ 7:07pm CDT
The head sculpt they showed on the grays looked better then what it does now on Ironhide.

I'm still a bit upset that TRU keeps getting exclusives. TRU sucks, at least here in orlando. Took them 3 months to finally get out the last 2 animated exclusives, and even then, I never found Arcee.
Re: BotCon 2010 Animated Galleries (1090535)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on June 25th, 2010 @ 7:26pm CDT
hmmm might be nice to see a version of the protector armor for this rodimus
Re: BotCon 2010 Animated Galleries (1090540)
Posted by Blurrz on June 25th, 2010 @ 7:42pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:And...that's it for Animated?! Slag, I was hoping we'd see proof of the rumored Mudbuster Bulkhead and Thundercracker repaints whose bios popped up on Hasbro.com. Or their plans for Blackout.

No need to stress, I'm sure you'll get them one way or another (Takara).
Re: BotCon 2010 Animated Galleries (1090556)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on June 25th, 2010 @ 8:18pm CDT
Excellent news. I was hoping they would produce an animated Ironhide. Rodimus Minor isn't too shabby either. I guess i should finally go pick up an Arcee and Cyertron Ratchet to make room on the shelves for these guys.
Re: BotCon 2010 Animated Galleries (1090581)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on June 25th, 2010 @ 9:02pm CDT
I always planned on getting Rodimus, but now I'm sold on Ironhide too.
Re: BotCon 2010 Animated Galleries (1090588)
Posted by originaldave77 on June 25th, 2010 @ 9:23pm CDT
Looks like poor Ironhide lost some chin and his mohawk. I think they had to reduce his head mold to fit with the Ratchet figure - this is a repaint of the Ratchet Cyberton mold, right?
It is too bad about the brief appearance of the Animated line. I really liked the story and characters. But this is the new golden age of TFers...so many lines to choose from! If Animated was the last hurrah for TF, that would be a different story.
Re: BotCon 2010 Animated Galleries (1090590)
Posted by originaldave77 on June 25th, 2010 @ 9:25pm CDT
grimdragon2001 wrote:hmmm might be nice to see a version of the protector armor for this rodimus

I had the exact same thought too. It would be the easiest repaint in history - just grab a can of metallic silver spray paint and go to town. Lucky Draw can suck it! :lol:
Re: BotCon 2010 Animated Galleries (1090596)
Posted by ChrisRiss on June 25th, 2010 @ 9:40pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:

No need to stress, I'm sure you'll get them one way or another (Takara).

Some of us can't afford to spend that much on some of those, and it stinks. I was really looking forward to Blackout, and then they just kinda took it away. Just like it's looking less and less likely for a season three dvd sometime soon.
Also, did anyone notice on the picture of Ironhide's box, they still have Wasp, and a repaint of Blurr, and a repaint of Swindle on there? Do you think they just forgot to take those off, or maybe they are planned too.
Re: BotCon 2010 Animated Galleries (1090603)
Posted by Blurrz on June 25th, 2010 @ 10:01pm CDT
Yeah Wasp, Vortex Blurr, and others are still set for release. The likelyhood of them happening keeps diminishing but I ain't giving up hope yet...
Re: BotCon 2010 Animated Galleries (1090607)
Posted by JediFlaherty on June 25th, 2010 @ 10:23pm CDT
Can't wait for Rodimus. I've already got him pre-ordered from BBTS, but I'll pick up the TRU version too. Too awesome.
Re: BotCon 2010 Animated Galleries (1090617)
Posted by DaiShanPrime on June 25th, 2010 @ 11:29pm CDT
Rodimus. How do I wait for thee? Let me count the days. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: BotCon 2010 Animated Galleries (1090844)
Posted by psj333 on June 26th, 2010 @ 4:25pm CDT
If Ironhide showed up at Botcon 2010, then why his former best friend, Fugitive Waspinator, still didn't show up? When will he show up? Will he ever show up on this year's Botcon? Or do we have wait until SDCC 2010? Please, I need an answer.
Re: BotCon 2010 Animated Galleries (1091512)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 28th, 2010 @ 4:32pm CDT
I kind of wish they could be Walmart exclusives instead, since they seem to be a LOT better about stocking exclusives. Regardless, I have Takara Rodimus pre-ordered, and I have no doubt I will easilyh be able to find Ironhide in stores. Now they just need to release the rest of them.
Re: BotCon 2010 Animated Galleries (1091518)
Posted by Overcracker on June 28th, 2010 @ 4:45pm CDT
Rodimus looks very nice. The hideaway engine block that turns into the his Autobot logo is a nice touch.

Sadly if they are exclusives, the chances of seeing them down here are almost nill at best.

I guess I'll stick with Takara for this one.
Re: BotCon 2010 Animated Galleries (1091666)
Posted by Droptested Thrice on June 28th, 2010 @ 10:45pm CDT
I may just look for Ironhide instead of the Cybertron mode Ratchet.
Re: BotCon 2010 Animated Galleries (1091672)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on June 28th, 2010 @ 11:05pm CDT
I'm not playing the waiting game on Rodimus. Plus the scalpers will probably eat these exclucives up. As much as I'd love to buy locally, the sad fact is Takara will likely beat out Hasbro here. So my preorder will stand.

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #234 - Hell in a Cel
"Hell in a Cel"
Posted: Sunday, November 10th, 2019

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Jetfire - Leader Class - Mint!" on EBAY
Buy "The Transformers G1 Generation 1 Action Figure Toy Ramjet Jet Retro 80's 1980'" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Generations Jetfire 8 Step Toy Hasbro Figure Jet Autobot NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Leader Class IDW Jetfire Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Classics IRONHIDE Generations complete Generations CHUG 2008" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Hot Soldiers Steel Hearts H.S Commander Centurion" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics Generations DIRGE Loose, Complete!" on EBAY