BotCon 2012 Coverage: Third-Party Items

Transformers News: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Third-Party Items

Monday, April 30th, 2012 12:21AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 51,032

Despite the restrictions placed on unofficial products, a few still managed so sneak their way into BotCon this year. Though not pictured below site sponsor TFsource had a fully assembled MakeToys MT-03 Yellow Giant on display. One of the employees was handling it rather roughly to show it's stability in combined mode, and it seemed to take the abuse well with no parts coming lose.

Courtesy of on-line retailer Captured Prey:

First we have MasterMind Creations KM-05 Air Screech.

Next we have the upcoming Hubcap and Thumper head upgrades from Renderform.

The MasterShooter Collectibles Shootermasters in prototype form.

MasterMind Creations KM-03 in Cyclops in color.

More upcoming weapons from Renderform.

Lastly TFC Toys Iron Army upgrade PCC limb set.

Next we have some images from the booth of site sponsor RobotKingdom. They also had their show exclusive Perfect Effect PE-10X Shadow Bat and Dr. Wu's DW-05 Eyesight light pods for sale.

The teaser image for TFC Toys upcoming Superion project, Iron Arm PCC upgrade figures, and Iron Army promo sheet.

PE-DX-01B RC on display and Dr. Wu's DW-TP01 Blade upgrade for Transformers Prime Wheeljack

Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Third-Party Items (1375021)
Posted by wewyllenium on April 30th, 2012 @ 1:13am CDT
I want the Iron Army. :D
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Third-Party Items (1375022)
Posted by robofreak on April 30th, 2012 @ 1:18am CDT
Wasn't going to get Cyclops...

I think I might now.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Third-Party Items (1375030)
Posted by CBratetron on April 30th, 2012 @ 1:56am CDT
Really? That's the head Perfect Effect is going with for PE-DX-01?
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Third-Party Items (1375061)
Posted by Mechastrike on April 30th, 2012 @ 6:05am CDT
i want those Bumblebee upgrades. Hope they make an "Elita-One" next.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Third-Party Items (1375062)
Posted by DoubleOScorpio on April 30th, 2012 @ 6:09am CDT
A couple of thoughts...

Cyclops looks like pure badassery in those pictures.

Iron Army looks fun. Won't replace my FP Bruticus, but might be worthy of buying for the kiddos. Only thing that scares me about that are the propellers and tank turrets...my older boy will be ok with them, but if the younger one gets his mitts on them...could be ugly. The debate is now between this and Hasbro's FOC Bruticus...let the debating begin.

Can't wait to get the Renderform Hubcap and Bumper upgrades...I've had those Bee figures stashed away for this since I first saw that Venksta was going to do these. Keep up the good work, my friend!

It's sad that I got more excited by the 3rd party stuff that wasn't supposed to be there than anything that Hasbro or Fun Pub let out of the bag. :-(
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Third-Party Items (1375077)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 30th, 2012 @ 7:38am CDT
Nothing from G1 Uppers about the planned Animated Menasor kit...is that even in the works still?
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Third-Party Items (1375091)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 30th, 2012 @ 8:30am CDT
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Third-Party Items (1375101)
Posted by El Duque on April 30th, 2012 @ 9:17am CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:So ... was there any difference in how they treated the 3rd party stuff this year at Botcon? Was it still being sold out in the open? Was there a strong KO presence as well?

It wasn't a strong presence, but Robotkingdom had Hercules and the stuff I mentioned in the news out in plain sight from day one. Captured Prey and TFsource were a little more reserved, for the first couple of days they just had their stuff on a display and for sale in their private rooms, but on the last day Captured Prey brought out their Cyclops for display and TFsource brought out Yellow Giant in the dealer room. I asked the Robotkingdom guy how he was getting by with it, and he said whenever they came by and told him to put it up he just told them no and went on about his business.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Third-Party Items (1375105)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 30th, 2012 @ 9:22am CDT
El Duque wrote:

Hm, okay. I guess Hasbro was all bark and no bite, then. I can see how they may get away with just showing stuff, but the fact that they didn't bust people for selling stuff is somewhat surprising.

What about straight-up KO stuff? In my mind there's a difference between original molds and the KOs of stuff.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Third-Party Items (1375108)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 30th, 2012 @ 9:29am CDT
All this 3rd party stuff at BotCon, looks like someone is unable to run their own convention and uphold the rules they set up for themselves, I figured as much.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Third-Party Items (1375127)
Posted by starscream1974 on April 30th, 2012 @ 10:13am CDT
Couple of things :CON: :CON: Cyclops is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!...I don't understand the Iron Giant / which character is the center piece? I obviously see the 4 character but who is the center piece? Perfect Effects is amazing she is very very neat looking...blue or pink? To be or not to be? Right now I am really high on Mastermind Creations VERY and I love the new Seeker Mold.....correct me if I am wrong but are they offering multiple scale with this figure? Lastly that Dr. Wu WheelJack head sculpt is amazing! :APPLAUSE: and I am so happy to hear that MakeToys Giant is very very durable like a dang consruction site no pun :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :CON: :CON: intended.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Third-Party Items (1375131)
Posted by korisifu on April 30th, 2012 @ 10:19am CDT
"Sir we need you to take down the non-licensed merchandise in your booth"
"no"

LIKE A BOSS!
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Third-Party Items (1375136)
Posted by starscream1974 on April 30th, 2012 @ 10:34am CDT
One more thing with Mastermind Creations...for those of you turned off by the first KM-01 and the QC issues.....they were all fixed and I know everyone knows this. But until you have the tangible in hand you don't know what to expect. I have all three......KM-01 KM-02 and KM-01X they are AMAZING.......they have good weight and excellent articulation with AMAZING light piping.....place reprolabel chrome stickers on shoulders and BAAAMMMMMMMM SICKNESS!!!!!!!!!! I can only imagine how Cyclops will feel in hand and would go as far as to say that it will have ZILCHO with QC issues due to the fact they were so proactive with KM-01 and wanting a hardcore fans base. This is all of course IMO but I know quality when I have it in hand. I miss Fansproject.........what's up? I have all the Fansproject action City Commander... Crystal Protector....Bruticus...Insecticons. Igear MP replacement heads....Kup......SG Prime and Perfect Effect Camera...and mini warriors. I am happy with All THRID PARY ACTION AND HASBRO FOR ONCE......BUT WHERE IS FANSPROJECT?
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Third-Party Items (1375139)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 30th, 2012 @ 10:36am CDT
Hm, I dunno how I feel about Hasbro not being able to enforce their rules. I like the 3rd party market, but am not so supportive of the KO market.

Oh well. What I've seen out of the pics from Botcon aren't really my sort of thing, but they all look great. Cyclops looks badass.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Third-Party Items (1375141)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 30th, 2012 @ 10:50am CDT
Holy crap, those Knight Morphers are boss. Especially Starscream. :x Alas, I haven't the budget for adding another expensive 3rd Party line to my collection.

PE Arcee/Chromia I'm really liking too and I wish I could keep my preorder, especially with the word from Hasbro being there is no classics Arcee on the horizon. Unfortunately I need to divert all the funds I can to Maketoys Giant for the time being.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Third-Party Items (1375143)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on April 30th, 2012 @ 10:57am CDT
starscream1974 wrote:I don't understand the Iron Giant / which character is the center piece?

That is Power Core Combiner Bombshock. Those also look nice combined with Heavy Tread.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Third-Party Items (1375146)
Posted by Sodan-1 on April 30th, 2012 @ 10:59am CDT
I'm disappointed there was nothing new on show, but I feel even more justified in my decision to order Perfect Effect's RC.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Third-Party Items (1375158)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 30th, 2012 @ 11:27am CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:I'm disappointed there was nothing new on show

I'm not. My wallet needs time to heal. :D

Really, this'll give us all more time to save up and get the stuff we really want. We've seen SO MANY 3rd party stuff ... there's no way to keep up with it all. Personally I need more time to get funds to buy what I want. Jolly Green Giant being "save up project" #1 for now.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Third-Party Items (1375192)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 30th, 2012 @ 12:43pm CDT
lol
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Third-Party Items (1375212)
Posted by starscream1974 on April 30th, 2012 @ 1:48pm CDT
Whoever is Poking THE BEAR.......STOP IT. You know it's like messing with the Boss and screwing around then everyone suffers and not just you. :HEADHURTS: now leave it alone will ya. :-? :BANG_HEAD: It was all good, Transforming robots is not proprietary and for us millions of Fans that are loyal to Hasbro ( Why they are still in business ) should here and there buy from others whom listen to our wants and needs becuase they are fans as well THEN SO BE IT. LONG LIVE CYBERTRON!!!!! :BOT: :CON: :KREMZEEK:

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #225 - The Overexposure of Bumblebee
"The Overexposure of Bumblebee"
Posted: Sunday, June 16th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Sideswipe action figure Deluxe NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Armada BTR Hot Shot with JOLT Mini Con MISB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOTBOTS SERIES 1 SKILLZ PUNK A2" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOTBOTS SERIES 1 SIPPY SLURPS A2" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOTBOTS SERIES 1 LOLLY LICKS A2" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOTBOTS SERIES 1 KING TOOTS A2" on EBAY
Buy "TFC TOYS HERCULES DR. CRANK FIGURE COMPLETE 2ND RELEASE TRANSFORMERS DEVASTATOR" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BOTBOTS The Plop Father, Sugar Shocks Series 1" on EBAY