BotCon 2014 Coverage: IDW Comic Panel

BotCon 2014 Coverage: IDW Comic Panel

Sunday, June 22nd, 2014 3:33pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Event News, People News
Posted by: ScoutBumblebee   Views: 31,298

We've got highlight points from today's Q&A session with the IDW Publishing panel, which included editor and writer John Barber, writer James Roberts, artists Andrew Griffith and Sarah Stone, writer Mairghread Scott, and artist Livio Ramondelli. While the session was mostly just that; questions and answers, we did find a few key points. We learned that Windblade will continue on next year, and there will be a Drift series entitled Drift: Empire of Stone upcoming later this year (November), written by Shane McCarthy and with art by Guido Guidi. We weren't afforded a whole lot of further detail on those series, but it's good to know what we can expect there.

Transformers News: BotCon 2014 Coverage: IDW Comic Panel

One interesting point was made at the Q&A, that was stated with the caveat of take that as you will, was that the Wreckers are being "purposefully" left alone. So not sure what that means, but we could all speculate. Feel free to do just that in the Energon Pub, and we will continue to keep you posted on BotCon news!

**EDIT** In from Livio Ramondelli's Twitter account, we have confirmation of a new digital series, called Transformers: Punishment that just reached completion.

Transformers News: BotCon 2014 Coverage: IDW Comic Panel

This article was last modified on Monday, June 23rd, 2014 1:39am CDT

Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: IDW Comic Panel (1584836)
Posted by Burn on June 22nd, 2014 @ 3:36pm CDT
Oh FFS ... Drift again? Why not concentrate on a completely different character for once?
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: IDW Comic Panel (1584838)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 22nd, 2014 @ 3:40pm CDT
So is this were we find out when, where, and how he dies?
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: IDW Comic Panel (1584839)
Posted by Amelie on June 22nd, 2014 @ 3:42pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:So is this were we find out when, where, and how he dies?

We can only hope ;)
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: IDW Comic Panel (1584840)
Posted by nullrayz on June 22nd, 2014 @ 3:52pm CDT

link for some hasbro new and old toys 2014
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: IDW Comic Panel (1584841)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on June 22nd, 2014 @ 3:53pm CDT
Can't wait to pick up that Arcee, I passed on Delicate Warrior and Valkyrie because I simply couldn't justify the price. So happy Hasbro finally decided to give us a G1 Arcee. Lets just hope she makes it to the UK.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: IDW Comic Panel (1584844)
Posted by G1COLLECTOR on June 22nd, 2014 @ 4:06pm CDT
To tell you the truth , The Transformers Movie Toys *(ALL JUST SUCK)! :sad:

I mean they keep making them smaller and they all look bad in both modes. I will be buying much more 3rd party and Masterpiece bots this year. :APPLAUSE:
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: IDW Comic Panel (1584846)
Posted by steve2275 on June 22nd, 2014 @ 4:09pm CDT
cool
more windblade
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: IDW Comic Panel (1584847)
Posted by Zeedust on June 22nd, 2014 @ 4:24pm CDT
Amelie wrote:

I'm excited by Chromia, too, but I'm really hoping Arcee gets a Moonracer remold

I think I'd prefer Override. They've done two Armada figures for Generations, how about something for Cybertron?
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: IDW Comic Panel (1584849)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 22nd, 2014 @ 4:27pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Amelie wrote:

Y'know what? I'd be down for that.

Then again, I'd be down for a buttload of Unicron Trilogy homages (still waiting for an Armada Cyclonus from Hunt for the Decepticons Tomahawk)...
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: IDW Comic Panel (1584850)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 22nd, 2014 @ 4:28pm CDT
Amelie wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:How did Mattel get up there? Besides Barbie what do they have?

Monster High. I've read its been the best selling toy Mattel have released since HotWheels, too. You can't move in my local ToysRUs for bumping into them and last Christmas my local supermarket managed to sell a 5-foot high PALETTE of them in less than a day. I've not seen a toy sell that fast in I don't know how long.

Might want to recheck your quote tree. I was not the one who asked about Mattel. That was chuckdawg1999. I gave the response to him of "Hotwheels."
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: IDW Comic Panel (1584851)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on June 22nd, 2014 @ 4:31pm CDT
steve2275 wrote:cool
more windblade

Agreed! I'm a huge Windblade fan so I was stoked at that news! :DANCE:
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: IDW Comic Panel (1584852)
Posted by Optimizzy on June 22nd, 2014 @ 4:37pm CDT
Information overload. Can't even...can't even respond... have too many happy thoughts....
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: IDW Comic Panel (1584853)
Posted by Cyberpath on June 22nd, 2014 @ 4:39pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Image

Hey, that looks like the best verison of EMOP yet!

But I already have one.

Mindmaster wrote:Image

The likeness is pretty good, finally. Though to me Megatron's a gun not a tank.

Powerglide and Arcee also look nice.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: IDW Comic Panel (1584854)
Posted by Zeedust on June 22nd, 2014 @ 4:45pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Amelie wrote:

Y'know what? I'd be down for that.

Cybertron is the only part of the Unicron Trilogy I really stuck with watching, so most of the Unicron Trilogy homages I'd want would be from that. That said, I'd be interested in Armada Wheeljack or Tidal Wave getting an update.

steve2275 wrote:cool
more windblade

I've been delighted by Windblade so far, and can't wait for more. And I can't help but wonder if Windblade and Chromia might start showing up together outside the IDW comics universe... Among other things, Mairghread Scott worked on Prime, so she might be working on the new show too.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: IDW Comic Panel (1584862)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on June 22nd, 2014 @ 5:29pm CDT
Amelie wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Amelie wrote:Been bugging me for ages now... but..

Nacelle could be a [very] obscure reference to a G1 Thrust bootleg that used to circle around dollar stores and ebay years and years ago. Exact same colours.

Only you would know something like that, right? Now you have me wanting to look into it. :lol:

Pre-release G1 Thrust from early Hasbro stock photos.

Saw the pics on SpaceBridge ages back.

... there is also a knock off of similar stupidity, though.

http://web.archive.org/web/201406221846 ... tery1a.jpg

Midnight_Fox wrote:The deco is based on this proto-Thrust:

Source: http://www.tf-1.com/articles/eurous/ear ... plate.html
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: IDW Comic Panel (1584863)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 22nd, 2014 @ 5:34pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: IDW Comic Panel (1584864)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 22nd, 2014 @ 5:40pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Just came to a conclusion about that Generations Voyager Optimus Prime. If it's redecoed into another character (Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, Motormaster, etc.), I'm down for it. As it is... no thank you. As I said before, I'm perfectly happy with my Classics Voyager. [-(

Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: IDW Comic Panel (1584865)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 22nd, 2014 @ 5:42pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

I'm actually really scared about how well this works... :-s
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: IDW Comic Panel (1584866)
Posted by megatronus on June 22nd, 2014 @ 5:43pm CDT
G1COLLECTOR wrote:To tell you the truth , The Transformers Movie Toys *(ALL JUST SUCK)! :sad:

If you're a G1 Collector, maybe you should recuse yourself of discussing movie toys.
Re: BotCon 2014 Coverage: IDW Comic Panel (1584868)
Posted by Amelie on June 22nd, 2014 @ 5:45pm CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:I actually not only mentioned it earlier, I even linked to that exact same article. ;)

Totally missed that ;) Awesome.

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Seige War For Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro Chromia Figure" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY Transformers Adventure TAV56 Nemesis Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Expanded Universe Botcon 2002 Glyph Keychain New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon Europe 2002 Rook Keychain New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Side of the Moon Energon  Sword Megatron Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Caliburst & Slugslinger Deluxe Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy Deluxe Hasbro Pre-Owned" on EBAY