Decepticon Motormaster to make an appearance at BotCon

Decepticon Motormaster to make an appearance at BotCon

Wednesday, May 5th, 2010 7:16pm CDT

Category: Event News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 25,683

You may remember when Decepticon Motormaster showed up at an Auto Show in Tennessee last fall. Well, it seems the folks behind the project are going to bring their lovingly recreated Kenworth K100E to BotCon this year.

Head on over to the site and check out June's calendar. Will BotCon feature them as an official guest, or will they be crashing through the gates (figuratively!) of the Swan and Dolphin resorts?

Credit(s): NatsumeRyu

Re: Decepticon Motormaster to make an appearance at BotCon (1071388)
Posted by Mkall on May 5th, 2010 @ 7:20pm CDT
I had better be woken up saturday morning by a loud crash only to run downstairs and find this truck has crashed into the Dolphin's lobby. Any other entrance will be disappointing.
Re: Decepticon Motormaster to make an appearance at BotCon (1071393)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 5th, 2010 @ 7:40pm CDT
STUNTICONS! That's what they were called! In the post about the first images of Doubleclutch and Mudslinger, the Rallybots reminded me of them. Anyway, back to this post. Man, wish I could make it to BotCon. If I ever do, I'll be in heaven...
Re: Decepticon Motormaster to make an appearance at BotCon (1071398)
Posted by vegetacron on May 5th, 2010 @ 7:50pm CDT
That intro movie to that motormaster site is pretty awesome, but its a teaser. I think i woulda crapped myself if that thing woulda jumped up and transformed into the robot Motormaster.
Re: Decepticon Motormaster to make an appearance at BotCon (1071408)
Posted by nemesis-prime on May 5th, 2010 @ 8:14pm CDT
:-? WHY IS HE NOT IN THE MOVIE BAY
Re: Decepticon Motormaster to make an appearance at BotCon (1071413)
Posted by Flashwave on May 5th, 2010 @ 8:21pm CDT
Re: Decepticon Motormaster to make an appearance at BotCon (1071441)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on May 5th, 2010 @ 9:54pm CDT
Oh I have motormaster as a facebook freind.It'll be cool to see him in person.
Re: Decepticon Motormaster to make an appearance at BotCon (1071478)
Posted by nsp.prime on May 6th, 2010 @ 1:21am CDT
he's pretty tight. Glad he's made a few appearances as I live in Tn and he's owned/worked on right down the road from me. sniffle. It's the closest i'll get this year to my 1st Botcon yet to come. He is awesome looking. Retro and styled for the movies... i'm sure many of you will like him lots of money and Transformers love put into that man. I thought he was Nemesis at first sitting in the snow until Mr. Mcall corrected me ;)
nite. I'm off to Dallas. speaking of that... i'll post in TF toys section a little something.
Re: Decepticon Motormaster to make an appearance at BotCon (1071481)
Posted by LiKwid on May 6th, 2010 @ 1:49am CDT
So something for Botcon is actually confirmed? Amazing :shock:

Hope to get some great pics of Motormaster..That truck looks awesome...
Re: Decepticon Motormaster to make an appearance at BotCon (1071529)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 6th, 2010 @ 5:45am CDT
LiKwid wrote:So something for Botcon is actually confirmed? Amazing :shock:

Hope to get some great pics of Motormaster..That truck looks awesome...

Not from BotCon's perspective :-?
Re: Decepticon Motormaster to make an appearance at BotCon (1071552)
Posted by Pyrostrata on May 6th, 2010 @ 6:42am CDT
Holy crapsicles! MotorMaster!

I saw the pics of him from the show last year and nearly swooned out of my chair! I am glad I will finally see the King of the Road live and in full-metal-glory!

Pardon me while I go have a fangirl-squee moment.

:CON:
Re: Decepticon Motormaster to make an appearance at BotCon (1071569)
Posted by BATTLEMASTER IIC on May 6th, 2010 @ 7:24am CDT
When I get the money and time, I think I will get a Freightliner cabover and a 53' trailer and paint them both like Optimus Prime :)
Re: Decepticon Motormaster to make an appearance at BotCon (1071587)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 6th, 2010 @ 8:04am CDT
Flashwave wrote:That, is a beautiful rendition... of his feet. However, Moto needs his trailer/legs/torso/arms/head/base thingy.

I always figured that since the trailer was essentually a big empty box, all his robot mode components were in the truck cab. When he transforms, they shift into the trailer and that why the cab condenses into just his feet. That method uses less energy that shifting his trailer into subspace like Prime does.
Re: Decepticon Motormaster to make an appearance at BotCon (1071822)
Posted by Flashwave on May 6th, 2010 @ 7:37pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:

Makes some sense, though I'm not sure why he needs to subspace his trailer anyway, since it is a part of his body. Not unlike Onslught or some renditions of Magnus. I guess I'm stuck on Prime's trailer being a tool, whereas Motor's is an essential part of him.

But then, the only Moto I ever had was a decent quality KO.
Re: Decepticon Motormaster to make an appearance at BotCon (1071823)
Posted by adamassc on May 6th, 2010 @ 7:40pm CDT
I'd love to go and see him again. I too live in TN, right down the road from MM's home base. I saw him in the Funfest parade and driving to another show. One of the local shops nearby, the owner told me that the guy is/was hunting for a MIB Motormaster for the cab.
Re: Decepticon Motormaster to make an appearance at BotCon (1072404)
Posted by nsp.prime on May 8th, 2010 @ 3:20pm CDT
ah. Funfest good times in northeast TN. Send me a pm sometime... i'll add you to a friends list or something on here. ;)
Re: Decepticon Motormaster to make an appearance at BotCon (1072409)
Posted by Windsweeper on May 8th, 2010 @ 3:32pm CDT
Stunticons would be perfect in a Bay movie. High Speed chases with exotic cars are right up his street.

I vote Stunticons for TF3 based on the IDW G1 Ongoing designs. AND USE THAT TRUCK!!!

Was just thinking today about the third party armour/trailer upgrades for Rodimus Prime and Ultra Magnus and how people, quite rightly, have suggested a Powermaster version for Optimus.

Well personally, I'd love a trailer/armour upgrade for Nemesis Prime resembling Motormaster. Motormaster is long overdue an update. That crappy little toy is ill fitting for a Decepticon wanting to take on Prime himself. Anything less than a Voyager is an insult.

I'd settle for an repaint of RID Ultra Magnus. That's a mold that deserves a repaint.

On a side note, Powermaster armour for prime, repainted black could make a passable Legends Menasor (Cybertron repaint). Just a suggestion.

I want my Classics Motormaster!!! There's crushing to be done and I just haven't got the wheels!
Re: Decepticon Motormaster to make an appearance at BotCon (1072497)
Posted by Highbeam on May 8th, 2010 @ 11:37pm CDT
One of my friends sent me a pic of that semi by text a month or so ago! I forgot to ask her what convention it was at, but here's the pic:

Re: Decepticon Motormaster to make an appearance at BotCon (1073862)
Posted by MotormasterK100 on May 13th, 2010 @ 12:37am CDT

Also, the editor of the magazine put together a quick teaser video of that evil sounding energon injected V8 which can be viewed here @ http://www.customrigsmag.com/decepticon ... ter-video/

(the only problem was getting Motormaster NOT to crush the cameras :CON: )

If you would like to keep up with Motormaster and what shows/conventions he will be at, check out his website @ http://www.decepticonmotormaster.com or look him up on facebook under Project Motormaster

Thanks!

The Decepticon Motormaster team
Re: Decepticon Motormaster to make an appearance at BotCon (1073934)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 13th, 2010 @ 7:38am CDT
The owners of Decepticon Motormaster stopped by to inform us that Motormaster will be featured in an upcoming issue of Custom Rigs Magazine. Read the full details below!

MotormasterK100 wrote:Hello everyone! What a busy show season it has been! We (Motormaster included)are all looking forward to Botcon this year and hope to see every one of you there. Even if MM is in a bad mood it'll still be a blast! We would also like to announce for the first time on a public server that the upcoming fall issue of Custom Rigs Magazine will have Motormaster featured in a multiple page article and what better a place to announce this than here? Motormaster's last show (which he cleaned house at btw) and some of the teaser pics for the upcoming feature can be seen @ http://www.customrigsmag.com/wildwood-p ... -a-winner/

(the only problem was getting Motormaster NOT to crush the cameras :CON: )

Thanks!

The Decepticon Motormaster team
Re: Decepticon Motormaster to make an appearance at BotCon (1073947)
Posted by D-340 on May 13th, 2010 @ 8:51am CDT
nemesis-prime wrote::-? WHY IS HE NOT IN THE MOVIE BAY

Cuz Bay is a dumbass. And he'd likely give him wrecking ball testicles.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Dark Of The Moon Air Raid" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Barricade Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Class 2010" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Moon Roadbuster + Backfire Spike Witwicky Mechtech NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege - Starscream - Voyager Class NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O Transformers Bumblebee #36421 & Megatron #30688 Set With 7 Kreons Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro MPM04 Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Optimus Prime Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O TRANSFORMERS SIDESWIPE ROADWAY RUNDOWN BUILDING TOY FOR AGES 6-12" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Legion Class Fixit" on EBAY