Differences between Titans Return Legends Class Cosmos and Generations Cosmos

Transformers News: Differences between Titans Return Legends Class Cosmos and Generations Cosmos

Tuesday, May 16th, 2017 12:12AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 26,787

At first glance, Titans Return Legends Class Cosmos appeared to be the same as his previous release under the Generations line from a few years ago, with the obvious exclusion of his partner Payload. However, upon closer inspection, there were several noteworthy differences that might warrant a second purchase for those of you who are completionists or enjoy collecting variants. The various differences between Titans Return Cosmos and Generations Cosmos are listed below. In addition, we have provided photos that demonstrate these differences (Titans Return Cosmos is on the right hand side of the pictures).

• Darker shade of green
  • Lighter shade of yellow
  • Head and "neck" piece are molded in red instead of white
  • Color of "blue" windows is slightly different
  • Color of "blue" eye visor is slightly different
  • Forearms are yellow
  • Autobot symbol is smaller on right shoulder/arm

Are these differences enough to get you to purchase this figure again? Can't wait to get your hands on this popular release for the first time? Let us know your thoughts in our ongoing Titans Return discussion on Seibertron.com's Energon Pub forums.

Re: Differences between Titans Return Legends Class Cosmos and Generations Cosmos (1881940)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 16th, 2017 @ 12:17am CDT
Oh, wow. Nice catch on the differences. I guess Hasbro's claims of it being a straight reissue weren't that true after all (or even they didn't know about the differences).

This is pretty neat seeing the two versions so up close. I think the only difference I like better on the newer one is the neck being red instead of white, but I wouldn't call it enough of an improvement to get me to double-dip. Still great for anyone who missed out on the first version, though. ;)^
Re: Differences between Titans Return Legends Class Cosmos and Generations Cosmos (1881945)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 16th, 2017 @ 12:40am CDT
Re: Differences between Titans Return Legends Class Cosmos and Generations Cosmos (1881947)
Posted by AutobotJazz on May 16th, 2017 @ 12:48am CDT
Since I already have the first release of cosmos, no need for this one. But Seaspray is looking better each time I see him. That one's a must for me.
Re: Differences between Titans Return Legends Class Cosmos and Generations Cosmos (1881949)
Posted by Emerje on May 16th, 2017 @ 12:52am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Did TR Cosmos carry over the 5mm peg hole on the bottom of the saucer mode from CW Scrounge?

Yeah, this. I've been asking about this from the start and the answer was always "Hasbro said it was a straight re-release", but now we know better. It makes sense to use the Scrounge modified body, especially since it appears they had to adjust the mold to do the red neck and yellow forearms.

Emerje
Re: Differences between Titans Return Legends Class Cosmos and Generations Cosmos (1881953)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 16th, 2017 @ 1:04am CDT
May buy this if I see it in stores cos I never ever saw the Generations version for sale and original G1 Cosmos was one of my very first ever TFs.

Again I would still love it Scrounge got released as a seperate toy. He's the one I have more fondness for the character cos of the Smelting Pool storyline and I have Straxus (or Darkmount, whatever) whereas Cosmos I just have nostalgia for the toy.
Re: Differences between Titans Return Legends Class Cosmos and Generations Cosmos (1881955)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 16th, 2017 @ 1:08am CDT
Some of the changes to Titans Return Cosmos were actually first done by Takara-Tomy for TAV Cosmos/Adams. Takara's version of this mold also has yellow forearms and a head assembly cast in red plastic instead of white plastic. It would be interesting to see this new Hasbro version side by side with Takara's version to check the greens and yellows. I have a sneaking suspicion that the only difference between TR Cosmos and TAV Adams is down to the paint apps.
Re: Differences between Titans Return Legends Class Cosmos and Generations Cosmos (1881970)
Posted by Prime Target on May 16th, 2017 @ 3:13am CDT
Thanks for telling me! i like both of them and i'll get both although i'll have Scrounge long before i get either of these two :D
Re: Differences between Titans Return Legends Class Cosmos and Generations Cosmos (1881972)
Posted by Bounti76 on May 16th, 2017 @ 3:26am CDT
Re: Differences between Titans Return Legends Class Cosmos and Generations Cosmos (1881973)
Posted by Qwan on May 16th, 2017 @ 3:33am CDT
Bounti76 wrote:Maybe I'm seeing things, but it looks like the grey on his guns (front of the figure in saucer mode) is slightly darker on the TR release as well.

Hmm, I think you might be right; it looks a bit that way to me too! As a whole, it seems this Cosmos is just slightly less saturated (I know the written description says the yellow is lighter on the TR one, but the photos look the opposite to me honestly) - and looking at these comparison photos, I like it better that way! I'm very happy to be making this my Generations Cosmos (since the T30 one pretty much didn't exist in Australia, and certainly not near me). The only detail I'd really prefer to have kept from the old one is the larger Autobot symbol on the shoulder, but I'm not too bothered either way, really.
Re: Differences between Titans Return Legends Class Cosmos and Generations Cosmos (1881980)
Posted by Kurona on May 16th, 2017 @ 5:53am CDT
Kinda feel this is a straight-up improvement aside from the Autobot symbol. Though the differences ARE so small that it doesn't quite matter either way.
Re: Differences between Titans Return Legends Class Cosmos and Generations Cosmos (1881986)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on May 16th, 2017 @ 7:02am CDT
the more i see of seaspray the more i dislike him
Re: Differences between Titans Return Legends Class Cosmos and Generations Cosmos (1881989)
Posted by Seibertron on May 16th, 2017 @ 7:39am CDT
One more thing ... this unfortunate spelling error happened.

Re: Differences between Titans Return Legends Class Cosmos and Generations Cosmos (1881992)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on May 16th, 2017 @ 7:58am CDT
ExciKaiser wrote:
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:

I just though they were supposed to be off center. It seems to work just fine for me.

When you try to transform him into truck, notice the tabs inside the legs, and the holes on the wings where they're supposed to plug in.
If you keep the wings like this, you cant plug them.

They line up correctly on mine.

Re: Differences between Titans Return Legends Class Cosmos and Generations Cosmos (1881993)
Posted by Caelus on May 16th, 2017 @ 8:00am CDT
Re: Differences between Titans Return Legends Class Cosmos and Generations Cosmos (1881994)
Posted by Kurona on May 16th, 2017 @ 8:01am CDT
Caelus wrote:Did Hasbro come up with any way for Cosmos to interact with Titan Masters? Or is he the only Legends class figure that lacks even some thin justification for being in the line?

Looks like he's the first to not interact with Titan Masters, yup!
Re: Differences between Titans Return Legends Class Cosmos and Generations Cosmos (1881996)
Posted by ExciKaiser on May 16th, 2017 @ 8:02am CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:

They line up correctly on mine.

You can call me OCD if you want, but no, it's what I was describing. You can't put them in tab of center with everything aligned.

Re: Differences between Titans Return Legends Class Cosmos and Generations Cosmos (1881997)
Posted by RAR on May 16th, 2017 @ 8:03am CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:

They line up correctly on mine.

I think the complaint is that they shouldn't have to overlap like that.

----

Yes I'd buy Cosmos twice - the colour difference is reason enough.

-----

Also shouldn't we be seeing something on Titanmaster Optimus/Arcee etc.. by now ?

I guess Hasbro is saving some stuff for the Hasbro show. (unless they decide to send enough people to put a display case at comicon a well - rather than miss it completely - which is really bad marketing if they do.
Re: Differences between Titans Return Legends Class Cosmos and Generations Cosmos (1881998)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on May 16th, 2017 @ 8:06am CDT
RAR wrote:
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:

They line up correctly on mine.

I think the complaint is that they shouldn't have to overlap like that.

I really think that is the intended design. I don't think it's a mistake. If it was, it wouldn't work at all.
Re: Differences between Titans Return Legends Class Cosmos and Generations Cosmos (1881999)
Posted by ExciKaiser on May 16th, 2017 @ 8:10am CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:

Check my pic just above.
If you want I can take a pic of mine with everything absolutely perfectly aligned without the tabs.
Re: Differences between Titans Return Legends Class Cosmos and Generations Cosmos (1882002)
Posted by Kurona on May 16th, 2017 @ 8:14am CDT
RAR wrote:
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:

They line up correctly on mine.

I think the complaint is that they shouldn't have to overlap like that.

----

Yes I'd buy Cosmos twice - the colour difference is reason enough.

-----

I think it's entirely possible those rumoured Titan Masters are part of the boxsets like Rodimus and Thunderwing. I'm pretty sure rumour lists included now-confirmed Boxset figures without saying they were in a Boxset...

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Movie 5 Deluxe Class Berserker Slash Barricade Bumblebee Set of 4 - Time Remaining: 2 days 2 hours 52 minutes 39 seconds
SDCC 2016 Exclusive set GIJOE and the Transformers Powerglide & Soundwave - Time Remaining: 3 days 4 hours 57 minutes 9 seconds
SDCC 2012 Exclusive Set GIJOE Transformers - Destro & Shockwave HISS Tank - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 57 minutes
Transformers RID 20th Anniversary DVD Edition G1 Optimus Prime - dated 2006 - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 56 minutes 57 seconds
Kaiyodo Legacy of Revoltech LR-008 Convoy Optimus Prime Transformers Japan - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 9 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers Titans Return Autobot Teslor & Brainstorm Walgreens Exclusive MOSC - Time Remaining: 7 days 18 hours 12 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Class Optimus Prime 100% Complete + Box - Time Remaining: 4 days 16 hours 33 minutes 50 seconds
Original G1 Transformers Decepticon Pretender Roadblock Dual Blaster Gun Part - Time Remaining: 5 days 23 hours 33 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #175 - Bayhem