IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview

Friday, June 12th, 2015 1:34pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 19,262

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Once again proving that some news outlets are more equal than others, we have via Newsarama an early preview for next week's IDW Publishing return to The Transformers, in the aftermath of Combiner Wars. Check out the transitory Epilogue preview below, and head back here on Wednesday for the Seibertron.com review!

Transformers #42—Combiner Wars Epilogue
John Barber (w) • Livio Ramondelli & Andrew Griffith (a) • Griffith (c)
THE AFTERMATH! The COMBINER WARS are over, and OPTIMUS PRIME faces the aftermath. Meanwhile on Earth, ARCEE confronts GALVATRON over the fate of two worlds.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
The COMBINER WARS are over, but the fallout has just begun!
Alliances are shattered, and heroes fall!
Variant Cover by Naoto Tsushima!


Transformers News: IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview

Credit(s): IDW, Newsarama


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview (1697701)
Posted by steve2275 on June 12th, 2015 @ 1:41pm CDT
astrotrain
Image
as it should be
Re: IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview (1697705)
Posted by Autobot N on June 12th, 2015 @ 1:50pm CDT
steve2275 wrote:astrotrain
Image
as it should be


He. Not it, He.
Re: IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview (1697706)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 12th, 2015 @ 1:51pm CDT
I'm looking forward to this new issue. I'm glad we get 2 in a row. Pretty excited! And Astrotrain mass shifts here, the fandom rejoices! :lol: And Arcee has found her big-ass sword. The big question: What does Prowl mean by Starscream controls the combiners "we know about"? Were there more accidentally created by Optimus Maximus's tumble through the space bridge or something? :BOT:
Re: IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview (1697707)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 12th, 2015 @ 1:51pm CDT
Fascist.

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I'm looking forward to this new issue. I'm glad we get 2 in a row. Pretty excited! And Astrotrain mass shifts here, the fandom rejoices! :lol: And Arcee has found her big-ass sword. The big question: What does Prowl mean by Starscream controls the combiners "we know about"? Were there more accidentally created by Optimus Maximus's tumble through the space bridge or something? :BOT:

I think the reason Prowl said "That we know about" is because Starscream has the potential and means to make even more monstrosities.
Re: IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview (1697711)
Posted by MrBlack on June 12th, 2015 @ 1:54pm CDT
So even after everything he's been through, Prowl still hasn't learned.

Barber has done a brilliant job taking what other writers have done with Prowl and running with it. He's developed him as a fascinating counter and contrast to Starscream. While Starscream is ruled by ambition and always attempted to undermine Megatron for his own ends, Prowl has no interest in personal recognition, and undermines Optimus Prime because he truly believes he has all the answers.
Re: IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview (1697713)
Posted by Va'al on June 12th, 2015 @ 1:55pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Fascist.


Try again.


Starts with F, has 'strated' at the end, and it's not a ruse.
Re: IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview (1697717)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 12th, 2015 @ 1:58pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Fascist.


Try again.


Starts with F, has 'strated' at the end, and it's not a ruse.


Frustrated? I mean sure being in that position's frustrating, but I didn't mean fascist as an insult like most people do; I genuinely see that prowl's character is a fascist; like Odo from DS9. Doesn't mean hes a "bad" person just not a very nice one.
Re: IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview (1697718)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 12th, 2015 @ 1:59pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Fascist.

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I'm looking forward to this new issue. I'm glad we get 2 in a row. Pretty excited! And Astrotrain mass shifts here, the fandom rejoices! :lol: And Arcee has found her big-ass sword. The big question: What does Prowl mean by Starscream controls the combiners "we know about"? Were there more accidentally created by Optimus Maximus's tumble through the space bridge or something? :BOT:

I think the reason Prowl said "That we know about" is because Starscream has the potential and means to make even more monstrosities.

Ah, that would make sense. Then again, what about our female fan built combiner debuting next month? Will she be a Starscream creation?? Hmm the world wonders....
Re: IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview (1697719)
Posted by MrBlack on June 12th, 2015 @ 1:59pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Fascist.

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I'm looking forward to this new issue. I'm glad we get 2 in a row. Pretty excited! And Astrotrain mass shifts here, the fandom rejoices! :lol: And Arcee has found her big-ass sword. The big question: What does Prowl mean by Starscream controls the combiners "we know about"? Were there more accidentally created by Optimus Maximus's tumble through the space bridge or something? :BOT:

I think the reason Prowl said "That we know about" is because Starscream has the potential and means to make even more monstrosities.

"The ones we can locate."

Monstructor is still at large.
Re: IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview (1697720)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 12th, 2015 @ 2:01pm CDT
MrBlack wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Fascist.

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I'm looking forward to this new issue. I'm glad we get 2 in a row. Pretty excited! And Astrotrain mass shifts here, the fandom rejoices! :lol: And Arcee has found her big-ass sword. The big question: What does Prowl mean by Starscream controls the combiners "we know about"? Were there more accidentally created by Optimus Maximus's tumble through the space bridge or something? :BOT:

I think the reason Prowl said "That we know about" is because Starscream has the potential and means to make even more monstrosities.

"The ones we can locate."

Monstructor is still at large.

Ah yes true. I remembered Monstructor but forgot the actual wording. thanks!
Re: IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview (1697726)
Posted by Va'al on June 12th, 2015 @ 2:05pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Va'al wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Fascist.


Try again.


Starts with F, has 'strated' at the end, and it's not a ruse.


Frustrated? I mean sure being in that position's frustrating, but I didn't mean fascist as an insult like most people do; I genuinely see that prowl's character is a fascist; like Odo from DS9. Doesn't mean hes a "bad" person just not a very nice one.


#-o

I'm so vain, I thought you were referring to my opening line in the news post.
I entirely agree on Prowl's account.
Re: IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview (1697730)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 12th, 2015 @ 2:13pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Va'al wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Fascist.


Try again.


Starts with F, has 'strated' at the end, and it's not a ruse.


Frustrated? I mean sure being in that position's frustrating, but I didn't mean fascist as an insult like most people do; I genuinely see that prowl's character is a fascist; like Odo from DS9. Doesn't mean hes a "bad" person just not a very nice one.


#-o

I'm so vain, I thought you were referring to my opening line in the news post.
I entirely agree on Prowl's account.


Oh I didn't notice that, I took that more of a response to what sources you had available for the news posting.
Re: IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview (1697734)
Posted by Va'al on June 12th, 2015 @ 2:22pm CDT
(This is a rant: All sites that deal with IDW media receive the preview and review material at the same time. We are also given an embargo, usually the day before release. BUT Newsarama, CBR and ComicsAlliance - because they're clearly 'more serious' or whatever reason that is definitely not business deals, nope - get the exclusive status. I had that story ready at 8 am UK time. Almost 12 hours before it made it to Newsarama. Had they not posted it today, it'd have to sit as a draft until Tuesday. It is seriously frustrating. End of rant.)

Yay comics!
Re: IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview (1697737)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 12th, 2015 @ 2:26pm CDT
Well since i'm not part of new staff, I can say I think it's business deals :D*
*The views of SW'S Silvehammer Do not reflect those of the Seibertron.com editorial staff. 2015 all rights reserved
Re: IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview (1697752)
Posted by MrBlack on June 12th, 2015 @ 3:07pm CDT
Va'al wrote:(This is a rant: All sites that deal with IDW media receive the preview and review material at the same time. We are also given an embargo, usually the day before release. BUT Newsarama, CBR and ComicsAlliance - because they're clearly 'more serious' or whatever reason that is definitely not business deals, nope - get the exclusive status. I had that story ready at 8 am UK time. Almost 12 hours before it made it to Newsarama. Had they not posted it today, it'd have to sit as a draft until Tuesday. It is seriously frustrating. End of rant.)

Yay comics!

At least the smaller publishes will talk to you. Marvel and DC won't give anyone who isn't Newsarama or CBR the time of day, and if you attempt to circumvent official channels for news or interviews you get "blacklisted."
Re: IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview (1697766)
Posted by steve2275 on June 12th, 2015 @ 3:40pm CDT
Decepticon Sunstorm wrote:
steve2275 wrote:astrotrain http://static.seibertron.com/images/com ... 940_t5.jpg
as it should be


He. Not it, He.
that too ;)
Re: IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview (1697773)
Posted by Va'al on June 12th, 2015 @ 4:07pm CDT
MrBlack wrote:
Va'al wrote:(This is a rant: All sites that deal with IDW media receive the preview and review material at the same time. We are also given an embargo, usually the day before release. BUT Newsarama, CBR and ComicsAlliance - because they're clearly 'more serious' or whatever reason that is definitely not business deals, nope - get the exclusive status. I had that story ready at 8 am UK time. Almost 12 hours before it made it to Newsarama. Had they not posted it today, it'd have to sit as a draft until Tuesday. It is seriously frustrating. End of rant.)

Yay comics!

At least the smaller publishes will talk to you. Marvel and DC won't give anyone who isn't Newsarama or CBR the time of day, and if you attempt to circumvent official channels for news or interviews you get "blacklisted."


You are correct, I should be grateful for that. :D
Re: IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview (1697970)
Posted by CrankyOldTruck on June 13th, 2015 @ 10:19am CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Va'al wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Fascist.


Try again.


Starts with F, has 'strated' at the end, and it's not a ruse.


Frustrated? I mean sure being in that position's frustrating, but I didn't mean fascist as an insult like most people do; I genuinely see that prowl's character is a fascist; like Odo from DS9. Doesn't mean hes a "bad" person just not a very nice one.


Prowl is what you would get if you gave Grimlock a near-genius level IQ and the combined personalities and mindsets of the top Allied AND Nazi strategists of WWII. He's also the ultimate "political statement" and tool of expression for the writers at IDW.
He is exactly what the Autobots need to fight the Decepticons and actually have a definitive Win and make it last and he is also the perfect example of what our own society in RL needs. More specifically, what our government here in the States needs thrown against it on a massive scale.
Actually, all governments need it at this point so we really need "Prowl" level cold, methodical, clinical yet brutal thinking on a global scale. That is quite obviously apparent just by the fact that so many people seem to want to vilify him. Myself, I think the guys a friggin' hero and I only hope and pray that Prime gets enough of his influence during their time in combined mode to finally develop an edge and understand what truly must be done. The only way to fight monsters and win is with monsters of your own. This whole "Light always beats Darkness" crap has to stop because even Prowl is smart enough to see that light creates shadow which means that the creatures of the dark will forever have a place to safely hide. He's not an idealist, he's a realist.
Re: IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview (1698008)
Posted by Va'al on June 13th, 2015 @ 11:59am CDT
Nah.
Re: IDW The Transformers #42 Full Preview (1698011)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 13th, 2015 @ 12:09pm CDT
The only thing admirable about fascism is Hugo Boss and it's sense of fashion.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
Twincast / Podcast #288:
"Filler Episode"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Hasbro RICOCHET NIGHTSTICK Transformers G1 TRU Commemorative Series IX MISB" on EBAY
Buy "1987 Vintage G1 Transformers Decepticon Headmaster Snapdragon Krunk" on EBAY
Buy "Scorponok Helmet Mask 1987 Vintage G1 Transformers Fasttrack Antenna Radar" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WAR FOR CYBERTRON WFC Buzzworthy Bumblebee & Spike" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Scorponok 1st Run & Fast Track" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Ironworks SEALED War for Cybertron: Earthrise Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wingspan Cloudraker Clones Walgreens MISB Sealed" on EBAY