IDW’s Got 'CHAOS' On Their Mind!

IDW’s Got 'CHAOS' On Their Mind!

Wednesday, April 6th, 2011 9:21am CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 31,551

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Big events are coming for IDW and Transformers. Forget All Hail Megatron. Forget INFESTATION. What they have planned is total 'Chaos' (my words not theirs)! Starting this summer with Transformers Ongoing Issue #21, IDW comics plan to launch a huge event in the Transformers generation one comics universe. Set to become a bi-weekly comic starting in July, Transformers fans are in for what sounds like a great summer blitz of bot goodness.

Are you tired of the current ongoing Transformers not referencing past issues and events like MEGATRON: ORIGINS, and Simon Furman’s story arc that started it all for IDW and Transformers? Be ready to have those concerns addressed as the Transformers comics continue from Summer 2011 to the end of the year.

Starting out with ‘Chaos Theory’, and continuing into ‘Chaos’ one can only imagine what that will mean for our ever changing adventurers.

In the middle of all the chaos will also be a story arc called ‘The Last Earth Story’. Yes, you read that correctly.

Check out the full release schedule news'd here, last night!

If that doesn’t get you psyched for where Transformers is headed, maybe a bit of the art below will help convince you. Besides regulars like Alex Milne, James Roberts, Mike Costa, and Guido Guidi contributing to the creation of the Transformers story and art, IDW welcomes two new members to the fold to take on some of the art chores. Brendan Cahill and Livio Ramondelli make their mark on Transformers as they help continue the chaos. Check out a shot of each of the new creator's work below.

We look forward to being able to provide you with more IDW related Transformers news in the coming weeks, including creative team interviews, teases, and some images to make you drool!

Brendan Cahill's cover for issue #22...
Image

And Livio's cover for Chaos Issue #1...
Image

Credit(s): Andy Schmidt, and IDW Publishing


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: IDW’s Got 'CHAOS' On Their Mind! (1205573)
Posted by _Anshin_ on April 6th, 2011 @ 9:27am CDT
I wish that IDW would get on the ball and do an open archive online for paid subscribers. I would love to go through old issues in order. Since my local shop shut down I have not been able to find a place that carries the stories I am looking for.
Re: IDW’s Got 'CHAOS' On Their Mind! (1205580)
Posted by El Duque on April 6th, 2011 @ 9:36am CDT
Interesting. I guess I'll have to get caught up and find the couple of issues I've missed. I've kind of lost interest in the comics lately. Got a huge stack of ones my local shop's been pulling for me that I've yet to read.
Re: IDW’s Got 'CHAOS' On Their Mind! (1205583)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 6th, 2011 @ 9:39am CDT
No EJ Su? :( Oh well, Brendan Cahill's art looks very promising. I'm not caught up on the current comics as I wait for the trades, but this definitely sounds promising. :)
Re: IDW’s Got 'CHAOS' On Their Mind! (1205586)
Posted by Prime Evil on April 6th, 2011 @ 9:44am CDT
Liking the looks of the new artwork so far. Looks like Bee has got a "pimp cane". ;) Guess he never got fully repaired. Poor lil guy. Voice box doesn't work in the movie, and now he's all gimpy in IDW. LOL!
Re: IDW’s Got 'CHAOS' On Their Mind! (1205602)
Posted by Angelus on April 6th, 2011 @ 10:21am CDT
I do not worry much about the art.
Every artist does it differently and most of the time all it takes is just a little getting used to.

I am more worried about the story.
IDW has ongoing now for more than 1,5 years and have yet to come up with a decent story. Now it is going bi-weekly... *gasp*
Anyway, I must admit. I do have hope for the future. I actually like to believe that the people at IDW listed to the comments and came up with a way to make all the IDW comic stories one (!) big story and that the bots have something going today, will remember what happended with Sunstreaker and Hunter etc. etc.

Love to see it happening!
That doesn't mean I do not like to see that continuation of the Marvel series.
I would even like it more when both will be happen, rather now than later.

William *time to get back to work :)*
Re: IDW’s Got 'CHAOS' On Their Mind! (1205603)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on April 6th, 2011 @ 10:21am CDT
I see the second picture has Ironhide and Streaker back into the mix. I've stayed with the Ongoing this whole time so hopefully it pays off this summer. I love the look of the new art. With them getting off Earth, I'm also hoping the stories can involve a wider variety of characters.
Re: IDW’s Got 'CHAOS' On Their Mind! (1205632)
Posted by Cyberstrike on April 6th, 2011 @ 11:40am CDT
Angelus wrote:I do not worry much about the art.
Every artist does it differently and most of the time all it takes is just a little getting used to.

I am more worried about the story.
IDW has ongoing now for more than 1,5 years and have yet to come up with a decent story. Now it is going bi-weekly... *gasp*
Anyway, I must admit. I do have hope for the future. I actually like to believe that the people at IDW listed to the comments and came up with a way to make all the IDW comic stories one (!) big story and that the bots have something going today, will remember what happended with Sunstreaker and Hunter etc. etc.

Love to see it happening!
That doesn't mean I do not like to see that continuation of the Marvel series.
I would even like it more when both will be happen, rather now than later.

William *time to get back to work :)*



I hate it when comic book characters (and not just the Transformers) keep rehashing the past over and over again for no good reason other than to waste trees. I don't need Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, and every other Autobot bitching about Sunstreaker becoming a Headmaster or whining about poor old Hunter's fate every freaking issue (I hated Sunstreaker becoming a Headmaster and never gave a rat's ass about Hunter either).

It's because of that kind of garbage is one of the many reasons why I avoid all of DC Comics like the plague and 98% of Marvel's comics as well.
Re: IDW’s Got 'CHAOS' On Their Mind! (1205633)
Posted by Angelus on April 6th, 2011 @ 11:44am CDT
Cyberstrike wrote:I hate it when comic book characters (and not just the Transformers) keep rehashing the past over and over again for no good reason other than to waste trees. I don't need Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, and every other Autobot bitching about Sunstreaker becoming a Headmaster or whining about poor old Hunter's fate every freaking issue (I hated Sunstreaker becoming a Headmaster and never gave a rat's ass about Hunter either).

It's because of that kind of garbage is one of the many reasons why I avoid all of DC Comics like the plague and 98% of Marvel's comics as well.


I meant more like they would remember something like that rather than pretending nothing ever happened like that.
No need to address an historical issue if it is not relevant, I totally agree!
Re: IDW’s Got 'CHAOS' On Their Mind! (1205636)
Posted by partholon on April 6th, 2011 @ 11:48am CDT
gotta admit.

i LIKE this brendan cahill guys art !

ive been off the book since issue 8 and this is the first time ive actually been excited enough to put down cash for it in ages.

its a make or break deal for me, but with art like this and someone of the calibre of james co plotting and writing with costa it bodes EXTREMLY well from my POV.
Re: IDW’s Got 'CHAOS' On Their Mind! (1205726)
Posted by craggy on April 6th, 2011 @ 3:22pm CDT
that head in the 2nd pic, looks like Unicron, which would fit with "Chaos". "The Last Earth Story" huh? Probably set in the future, or maybe an alternate universe, or possibly even just that TFs get outlawed and have to leave Earth for a while, but I'm kinda hoping Unicron eats the planet.

edit: d'oh, I realised he was purple, but I didn't see the middle crest, so it's obviously Galvatron. Oh well, I still stand by my suggestion that it's Unicron related.
Re: IDW’s Got 'CHAOS' On Their Mind! (1205760)
Posted by Cyberstrike on April 6th, 2011 @ 4:14pm CDT
Angelus wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:I hate it when comic book characters (and not just the Transformers) keep rehashing the past over and over again for no good reason other than to waste trees. I don't need Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, and every other Autobot bitching about Sunstreaker becoming a Headmaster or whining about poor old Hunter's fate every freaking issue (I hated Sunstreaker becoming a Headmaster and never gave a rat's ass about Hunter either).

It's because of that kind of garbage is one of the many reasons why I avoid all of DC Comics like the plague and 98% of Marvel's comics as well.


I meant more like they would remember something like that rather than pretending nothing ever happened like that.
No need to address an historical issue if it is not relevant, I totally agree!


I agree too.

My thoughts on this are: just because the Autobots don't talk about it doesn't mean that they have forgotten about it. It could be that they don't talk about it because it's a painful memory that many are trying to get over and maybe some of them have gotten over it.

You should check out Transformers: Ironhide Sunstreaker mentioned his mistreatment by humans and regret that he betrayed the Autobots in Transformers: Ironhide #3 and #4 and it was relevant to the events of that series.

IMHO dragging 124 issues of backstory, history, and continuty and/or reatstrting a series after 20+ years of it being canceled (the Furman writing #81 idea) isn't the best way to attract new readers.
Re: IDW’s Got 'CHAOS' On Their Mind! (1205765)
Posted by Heavy B on April 6th, 2011 @ 4:29pm CDT
soooooo its one big ass bi-weekly retcon? COOL

memo to IDW: KEEP SHANE MCCARTHY FAR, FAAAAAAAAAAAAR AWAY.
Re: IDW’s Got 'CHAOS' On Their Mind! (1205773)
Posted by Cyberstrike on April 6th, 2011 @ 4:55pm CDT
Dr. Heavy B wrote:soooooo its one big ass bi-weekly retcon? COOL

memo to IDW: KEEP SHANE MCCARTHY FAR, FAAAAAAAAAAAAR AWAY.



IDW should bring Shane McCarthy back full time on ongoing.
Re: IDW’s Got 'CHAOS' On Their Mind! (1205780)
Posted by Heavy B on April 6th, 2011 @ 5:08pm CDT
Cyberstrike wrote:
Dr. Heavy B wrote:soooooo its one big ass bi-weekly retcon? COOL

memo to IDW: KEEP SHANE MCCARTHY FAR, FAAAAAAAAAAAAR AWAY.



IDW should bring Shane McCarthy back full time on ongoing.

Shane ignored most of the prior story lines going into All Hail Megatron, making this bi-weekly retcon needed.

Do you know what became of Ore-13?
Do you know how hunter came into decepticon hands AFTER being rescued at the end of maximum dinobots?
Do you know how cybertron suddenly became bearable to reside on DESPITE the supposed deadly atmosphere shown in stormbringer?

these are questions that bug the hell out of me, and i place blame on shane for not reading anything put out prior. dont get me wrong, I did enjoy AHM, but those question bother me to this day.

BTW, what ever happened to jimmy?
Re: IDW’s Got 'CHAOS' On Their Mind! (1205895)
Posted by Stryker055 on April 6th, 2011 @ 8:20pm CDT
Dr. Heavy B wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:
Dr. Heavy B wrote:soooooo its one big ass bi-weekly retcon? COOL

memo to IDW: KEEP SHANE MCCARTHY FAR, FAAAAAAAAAAAAR AWAY.



IDW should bring Shane McCarthy back full time on ongoing.

Shane ignored most of the prior story lines going into All Hail Megatron, making this bi-weekly retcon needed.

Do you know what became of Ore-13?
Do you know how hunter came into decepticon hands AFTER being rescued at the end of maximum dinobots?
Do you know how cybertron suddenly became bearable to reside on DESPITE the supposed deadly atmosphere shown in stormbringer?

these are questions that bug the hell out of me, and i place blame on shane for not reading anything put out prior. dont get me wrong, I did enjoy AHM, but those question bother me to this day.

BTW, what ever happened to jimmy?

This was explained in Ironhide: Alpha Trion was behind the scenes working to fix everything up.

I, for one, like Shane McCarthy. He can write some pretty good stuff, like Spotlight: Blurr and that much better-than-expected Drift mini. It's just a shame AHM ignored so much, though the Coda really helped tie it to the earlier comics, partially redeeming the series in my eyes, at least.
Re: IDW’s Got 'CHAOS' On Their Mind! (1205949)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on April 6th, 2011 @ 10:26pm CDT
I'm excited for the upcoming storyline!

craggy wrote:that head in the 2nd pic, looks like Unicron, which would fit with "Chaos". "The Last Earth Story" huh? Probably set in the future, or maybe an alternate universe, or possibly even just that TFs get outlawed and have to leave Earth for a while, but I'm kinda hoping Unicron eats the planet.

edit: d'oh, I realised he was purple, but I didn't see the middle crest, so it's obviously Galvatron. Oh well, I still stand by my suggestion that it's Unicron related.


Yeah, I would be surprised if Unicron is involved in some way by the end of the event.
Re: IDW’s Got 'CHAOS' On Their Mind! (1205956)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on April 6th, 2011 @ 10:34pm CDT
Huh. I just realized that Jazz is on a cover in spite of recent events.

Not that I expected him to die after the recent issue but I figured that something bad would happen to him. Since it's "The Last Earth Story" he is exiled from the planet?
Re: IDW’s Got 'CHAOS' On Their Mind! (1205964)
Posted by Tigertrack on April 6th, 2011 @ 11:09pm CDT
Supreme Convoy wrote:Huh. I just realized that Jazz is on a cover in spite of recent events.

Not that I expected him to die after the recent issue but I figured that something bad would happen to him. Since it's "The Last Earth Story" he is exiled from the planet?


Jazz, Prowl, BBee, etc. are investigating Skywatch...Spike and others are up to shenanigans...--that's what Editor Schmidt shared with me, which I assume he wants me to get out there to start people thinking.

Chaos has to dowith Cybertron, and some battle being waged there by Prime, Sunstreaker, Ironhide, and others.
Re: IDW’s Got 'CHAOS' On Their Mind! (1205988)
Posted by synapse on April 7th, 2011 @ 2:09am CDT
Dr. Heavy B wrote:memo to IDW: KEEP SHANE MCCARTHY FAR, FAAAAAAAAAAAAR AWAY.


I wholeheartedly agree.

Cyberstrike wrote:IDW should bring Shane McCarthy back full time on ongoing.


Yeah, so we could get another 6-issues-of-absolutely-nothing, followed by 6-issues-of-nonsense.
Re: IDW’s Got 'CHAOS' On Their Mind! (1206074)
Posted by Angelus on April 7th, 2011 @ 10:37am CDT
synapse wrote:Yeah, so we could get another 6-issues-of-absolutely-nothing, followed by 6-issues-of-nonsense.


And that is why we need Furman to continue the Marvel series.
More nonsens will happen in 6 issues...
:)

No really, get that Marvel run started up!
Next to that bi-weekly clean up run of ongoing...

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Decepticon Nitro" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
Twincast / Podcast #268:
"Call Me 2020"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Vortex Decepticon Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron 2012 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDWAVE Figure (Blaster Black Version) Takara Tomy MP3 Player" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Generations Combiner Wars Thundercracker Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Starscream Masterpiece MP-3 Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Headmaster Reissue Hardhead Chromedome Brainstorm Mindwipe Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS LOT RHINOX SOUNDWAVE DOUBLEDEALER USA HASBRO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Jazware Zoteki Battle On Cybertron Rare Hot Toy Collectible" on EBAY