Impactor Head by iGear?

Impactor Head by iGear?

Thursday, May 12th, 2011 8:02am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 25,743

iGear has updated their facebook page with prototype images of a new replacement head. No word on who this head is meant to represent or what figure it will upgrade, but it bares a strong resemblance to the Wrecker Impactor. Their images have been mirrored below. Speculate away!

Credit(s): iGear

Re: Impactor Head by iGear? (1220768)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on May 12th, 2011 @ 8:19am CDT
Whoever it is, that is an excellent head sculpt!
Re: Impactor Head by iGear? (1220769)
Posted by TCracker on May 12th, 2011 @ 8:20am CDT
The money is on Generations Darkmount. Maybe the head can be used on the mold.
Re: Impactor Head by iGear? (1220785)
Posted by Sodan-1 on May 12th, 2011 @ 8:48am CDT
Impactor seems like a good call. But I have no idea which figure it would suite. I'm struggling to think of a purple and orange character, let alone one that would have a suitable form. If I had to guess I'd say a Generations Warpath repaint, although I agree that Darkmount would be a better mold. Perhaps Skullgrin seeing as he has purple. Whoever it's for, I'd hope it came with a harpoon hand attachment.
Re: Impactor Head by iGear? (1220810)
Posted by Rated X on May 12th, 2011 @ 9:27am CDT
Who in the blue hell is Impactor ???

The one thing Im not really liking about the I-Gear heads is that they insist on open mouth poses. I prefer a serious face. I ordered the Kup head but dammit this face sculpt looks like he is gagging on energon.
Re: Impactor Head by iGear? (1220814)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 12th, 2011 @ 9:31am CDT
I just can't wrap my head around who's body we can put this Impactor head on. I looked through most of my collection earlier this morning and can find a single figure that would match up with his color and....wait...just thought of something now.

Cybertron Unicron's body perhaps?

*edit*
Nevermind, his head wouldn't have anywhere to go in Alt mode.
Re: Impactor Head by iGear? (1220820)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 12th, 2011 @ 9:41am CDT
Wow, that is incredible. I wish they would do the entire figure.
Rated X wrote:Who in the blue hell is Impactor ???

See IDW LSOTW.
Re: Impactor Head by iGear? (1220821)
Posted by Sodan-1 on May 12th, 2011 @ 9:42am CDT
Rated X wrote:Who in the blue hell is Impactor ???

The original leader of the Wreckers from the UK comics of the 80s. He made a reapperance in Last Stand of The Wreckers.
Re: Impactor Head by iGear? (1220842)
Posted by Burnin12 on May 12th, 2011 @ 10:12am CDT
No kidding! Looks quite a bit like a custom sculpted head that was on ebay about a year ago, minus the emotion.
Yeah I would say Warpath or Darkmount/Skullgrin for the best mold for Impactor. I have them but would need to find another for the head swap. Well maybe I can do with out a classics Skullgrin.
Re: Impactor Head by iGear? (1220848)
Posted by Hal7300 on May 12th, 2011 @ 10:28am CDT
Just thought of something.

Has the 'Reflector' repaint of Perceptor been confirmed?

Depending on the colours...
Re: Impactor Head by iGear? (1220855)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 12th, 2011 @ 10:35am CDT
I'm guessing there is more to this project than just a head swap.
Re: Impactor Head by iGear? (1220860)
Posted by Sodan-1 on May 12th, 2011 @ 10:39am CDT
Hal7300 wrote:Just thought of something.

Has the 'Reflector' repaint of Perceptor been confirmed?

Depending on the colours...

The alt-mode would be wrong but I like your thinking. Proportions would be about right and he'd have the shoulder cannon. You could even swap the inevitably green chestplate for Perceptor's orange one. You might be on to something there.
Re: Impactor Head by iGear? (1220870)
Posted by Leader_Ultra_Magnus on May 12th, 2011 @ 10:49am CDT
Looks very promising!

I'm eager to see what mold they put this on and also if this will be designed for more than one mold (i.e. The e-Hobby Kup head repaint) :???:
Re: Impactor Head by iGear? (1220918)
Posted by Kibble on May 12th, 2011 @ 12:38pm CDT
amcgrath929 wrote:Wow, that is incredible. I wish they would do the entire figure.

But what mold would they copy?
Re: Impactor Head by iGear? (1220919)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 12th, 2011 @ 12:41pm CDT
Kibble wrote:

But what mold would they copy?

Haha very true.

I just think Impactor is the type of character that deserves his own mold. I love me some Wreckers.
Re: Impactor Head by iGear? (1220920)
Posted by Mystic Metal on May 12th, 2011 @ 12:42pm CDT
Not sure what mold it would go with. Perhaps even Perceptor? More so with the United version of Perceptor with an Ironhide head?
Re: Impactor Head by iGear? (1220921)
Posted by retrothomas on May 12th, 2011 @ 12:42pm CDT
This is awesome. It reminds me of Ironhide. If this is a new head for Warpath I will poop myself with glee!
Re: Impactor Head by iGear? (1220922)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 12th, 2011 @ 12:44pm CDT
Mystic Metal wrote:Yes. I can see where you'd get the idea of Impactor. But unpainted, I'm really getting an updated G1 Ironhide feel from it. Anyone?

I could imagine Ironhide with a little work but this is definitely the IDW incarnation of Impactor.
Re: Impactor Head by iGear? (1220924)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 12th, 2011 @ 12:52pm CDT
wwsVtijR1B.jpg
Impactor
Re: Impactor Head by iGear? (1220931)
Posted by Blurrz on May 12th, 2011 @ 1:05pm CDT
Re: Impactor Head by iGear? (1220933)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 12th, 2011 @ 1:07pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:I'd expect something more from iGear in regards to Impactor. Popping on a head to a random GenUnit toy isn't going to suffice for an Impactor for me. Then again, it's i-Gear and I really doubt that they're capable an original full figure.

Exactly. Hit the nail on the head.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "SIDE BURN PRINT; 2011 Transformers Club Exclusive Art Print by Casey Coller" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight TLK Premier Edition Leader Stormreign (Dragonstorm)" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Leader Class Shockwave MISB" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON RATCHET WALGREEN'S DELUXE MISB VHTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Earthrise Autobot Lot Bumblebee Mirage" on EBAY
Buy "transformers tfcc tfss 1.0 Breakdown" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers / SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON sound wave SG24" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Netflix Walmart Quintesson Deseeus Army Drone NEW" on EBAY