JB-07 Devastator Upgrade Set Prototype Images

JB-07 Devastator Upgrade Set Prototype Images

Sunday, September 18th, 2011 10:39am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 43,610

Prototype images of Junkion Blacksmith's upcoming JB-07 upgrade set for G1 Devastator have surfaced on ACToys.net. These upgrades are very similar to the ones already produced by CrazyDevy, but it appears Junkion Blacksmith will be offering all their upgrade pieces in one set. Junkion Blacksmith has also posted an image of the set's package art on their weibo page. Take a look at the mirrored images below.

Credit(s): ACToys.net, Junkion Blacksmith

This article was last modified on Sunday, September 18th, 2011 11:08am CDT

Re: JB-07 Devastator Upgrade Set Prototype Images (1290813)
Posted by BeastProwl on September 18th, 2011 @ 10:42am CDT
Like Iv'e already said, everybody and their brother's tak'n a swing at devastator... and it would do good to note that the green doesn't match the original toy, and the head lacks alot of color. I hope all this gets fixed....
Re: JB-07 Devastator Upgrade Set Prototype Images (1290824)
Posted by Heckfire on September 18th, 2011 @ 11:03am CDT
Awesome...I still have my Devastator from back when it first was released (old school HYOOOOO!), so if this set is decently priced, I'll actually get it.
Re: JB-07 Devastator Upgrade Set Prototype Images (1290827)
Posted by fenrir72 on September 18th, 2011 @ 11:07am CDT
Ain't capitalism great? If this set is indeed cheaper, hi-quality and gets the color green right.......bye bye Crazy Devy and your high way robbery prices :lol:
Re: JB-07 Devastator Upgrade Set Prototype Images (1290830)
Posted by Stormrider on September 18th, 2011 @ 11:10am CDT
Not too impressed. Glad I got Crazy Devy's set.
Re: JB-07 Devastator Upgrade Set Prototype Images (1290833)
Posted by NemesisMonkeySupreme on September 18th, 2011 @ 11:12am CDT
Re: JB-07 Devastator Upgrade Set Prototype Images (1290837)
Posted by Captziltoid on September 18th, 2011 @ 11:28am CDT
looks pretty cool. and its way cheaper than the hercules set. i like the hercules set but 600 altogether is just too much. on a side note, i really like the drawing of devastator. thats freakin awesome!!
Re: JB-07 Devastator Upgrade Set Prototype Images (1290839)
Posted by unicron nemesis on September 18th, 2011 @ 11:42am CDT
NemesisMonkeySupreme wrote:I realise we're talking about upgrades for G1 figures which have almost no articulation to begin with, but the JB-07 is a little too blocky for my tastes…

This. And those hands are BIG
Re: JB-07 Devastator Upgrade Set Prototype Images (1290846)
Posted by Cybershark on September 18th, 2011 @ 12:25pm CDT
I would like to know why everyone is infatuated with making Devastator stuff to death when there are a lot of cooler Merge groups to be updating and making new toys of. How about a massive generations Predaking? Or a Monstructor, Abominus. Hell a giant Defensor would be sic. Devs. is being done to death. Lets get some other merge groups done already. Everybody needs to stop buying all this Devastator crap already. Let these 3rd parties know you want other merge groups.
Re: JB-07 Devastator Upgrade Set Prototype Images (1290847)
Posted by robotrik on September 18th, 2011 @ 12:25pm CDT
imho the only thing that looks good about this set is the waist piece.
i still don't get it why the 3rd party companies leave devy's head all the way back instead of moving it to the center of his shoulders... sorry for the rant, but it bugs me.
Re: JB-07 Devastator Upgrade Set Prototype Images (1290859)
Posted by craggy on September 18th, 2011 @ 1:21pm CDT
this doesn't appeal to me at all. not a fan of the head, the rest of it looks well clunky, just not feeling it, or the need for every 3rd party company making their own version of Devy.
Re: JB-07 Devastator Upgrade Set Prototype Images (1290863)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on September 18th, 2011 @ 1:31pm CDT
I think Devvy gets the upgrade kits because compared to the other G1 combiners, there is stuff to upgrade. You can swap out the old waist bit and give him hips and knees, elbow joints too. Most of the rest can't get those.
Re: JB-07 Devastator Upgrade Set Prototype Images (1290874)
Posted by DMSL on September 18th, 2011 @ 1:57pm CDT
I can understand why people get these sets, but i don't like it.

The whole charm of the G1 line is gone when you alter the figures.
Re: JB-07 Devastator Upgrade Set Prototype Images (1290924)
Posted by Flux Convoy on September 18th, 2011 @ 5:26pm CDT
At a second glance, this set looks good. If they can get their plastic colors to match for the final version, I might be interested. I have the Crazy Devy kits already but these seem like really solid bits too. Might have to get myself a third Devastator now. Haha.
:BOT:
Re: JB-07 Devastator Upgrade Set Prototype Images (1290951)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on September 18th, 2011 @ 6:30pm CDT
If it is cheaper than the CD stuff (not to mention it all comes together) I will be all over this.
Re: JB-07 Devastator Upgrade Set Prototype Images (1290952)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on September 18th, 2011 @ 6:30pm CDT
Re: JB-07 Devastator Upgrade Set Prototype Images (1290965)
Posted by GEEWUN on September 18th, 2011 @ 7:23pm CDT
Re: JB-07 Devastator Upgrade Set Prototype Images (1290976)
Posted by BeastProwl on September 18th, 2011 @ 8:07pm CDT
grimdragon2001 wrote:looking at those pics it seems that this upgrade kit will have the same standing troubles Crazy Devvys set had. i can see the bottle behind him that he seems to be leaning on

I don't think he's leaning on it in the first shot.....
GEEWUN wrote:What's up with the black head and green eyes? I gotta say they look kinda dumb on devastator....

I think that's just prototyping, final may vary.
Re: JB-07 Devastator Upgrade Set Prototype Images (1290989)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on September 18th, 2011 @ 9:09pm CDT
Re: JB-07 Devastator Upgrade Set Prototype Images (1291105)
Posted by rpetras on September 19th, 2011 @ 9:37am CDT
Lapse Of Reason wrote:I think the CrazyDevy set looks better, but I fully support a company coming in and producing an adequate set for much less packaged altogether. If they price this around $35 they will sell a lot.

The crazy release schedule, and the stoopid high prices kept me away from the Crazy Devy offerings.

If this is around $35, I'd buy a set, and I'm not even displaying my G1 devy at the moment.
Re: JB-07 Devastator Upgrade Set Prototype Images (1291258)
Posted by Equus Maximus on September 19th, 2011 @ 7:01pm CDT
Unfortunately, This Won't Work For Me. I Only Have The Yellow G2 Version Of Devvy. But, I'll Keep An Eye Out For A Recolor.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Netflix Quintesson Deseeus Army Drone NEW-IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Berserker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield 'G2' Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Used Build A Bear Transformers Optimus Prime Bear Mask Flips Over Head 17'" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Movie B-127 Deluxe Class Studio Series SS-70" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Reveal the Shield Deluxe Optimus Prime MOSC" on EBAY