John Warden Moving On From Transformers Brand

John Warden Moving On From Transformers Brand

Thursday, July 16th, 2020 9:27pm CDT

Categories: People News, Company News
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 9,199

Thanks to Seibertronian DecepticonFinishline, we have some big news regarding the Transformers brand's management. John Warden, the Transformers brand Design Manager since 2014, has now moved on to another Hasbro property. According to the Twitter account @PwrRngrSite, Warden has moved to the Power Rangers and Ghostbusters brand.

John Warden (former Design Manager, Transformers 2014-2020) is now the Global Design Lead for #PowerRangers (and Ghostbusters). If you held a Transformer in your hand in the last 6 years, chances are John had a part in its creation.

Transformers News: John Warden Moving On From Transformers Brand
Click on the photo above to be taken to the Tweet.

It's unknown at this time who his replacement will be, but he's certainly overseen the design for some very well received lines (Siege, Earthrise, Prime Wars Trilogy), not to mention the biggest Transformer to reach production, Unicron!

How do you feel about this news? Please feel free to speculate about his successor, his influence, and what you think below!

Credit(s): @PwrRngrSite on Twitter

Re: John Warden Moving On From Transformers Brand (2072223)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 16th, 2020 @ 9:35pm CDT
I guess this means Kingdom is his last line.

Makes one wonder what we could be getting after WFCT ends.
Re: John Warden Moving On From Transformers Brand (2072224)
Posted by RustedCross on July 16th, 2020 @ 9:42pm CDT
Thank you Mr. Warden.
Transformers were awesome under your leadership.
Re: John Warden Moving On From Transformers Brand (2072231)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 16th, 2020 @ 10:09pm CDT
Wonder if this also has any relation to a certain big rumor about the future of the Power Rangers brand.
Re: John Warden Moving On From Transformers Brand (2072235)
Posted by Tuned Agent on July 16th, 2020 @ 10:22pm CDT
The very G1-focused direction of the brand under Warden's leadership hasn't always been my thing, but it was Warden's vision, and he did a great job with it. His work, attention to detail and accuracy, emphasis on articulation, and passion for Transformers and the fans has brought happiness to so many people over the last 6 years (with one more to go). He's going to leave quite a legacy, and I sincerely hope his successor can match his skill as Design Manager.

Thank you John Warden, and good luck.
Re: John Warden Moving On From Transformers Brand (2072237)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on July 16th, 2020 @ 10:24pm CDT
Re: John Warden Moving On From Transformers Brand (2072238)
Posted by TulioDude on July 16th, 2020 @ 10:26pm CDT
Good luck on future projects!
Re: John Warden Moving On From Transformers Brand (2072239)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 16th, 2020 @ 10:26pm CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:Maybe this is a dumb question, but do we know for certain that he's leaving his current job to take this one, and he's not just expanding his role to include these other franchises? To be clear, I'm not saying that I think that's what's happening, I just want to know if we can rule it out.
The Tweet does say "former" in regards to position with the Transformers team.
Re: John Warden Moving On From Transformers Brand (2072240)
Posted by King Kuuga on July 16th, 2020 @ 10:27pm CDT
INTRODUCING POWER RANGERS GENERATIONS
FEATURING CHARACTERS FROM
MIGHTY MORPHIN SEASON 1
MIGHTY MORPHIN SEASON 2
AND EVEN MIGHTY MORPHIN SEASON 3

And here's an online exclusive Zeo Red Ranger for the Tommy fans

Jokes aside, I hope this means more focus on the megazords. I've only seen the Beast Morphers zords a handful of times and I have straight-up never seen the gorilla or "mantis" at all. They feel like an afterthought because they put action figure people in charge of the brand.
Re: John Warden Moving On From Transformers Brand (2072241)
Posted by King Kuuga on July 16th, 2020 @ 10:30pm CDT

His LinkedIn page lists 2020 as his last year working on Transformers, while it lists Power Rangers and Ghostbusters as "current".
Re: John Warden Moving On From Transformers Brand (2072243)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 16th, 2020 @ 10:32pm CDT
King Kuuga wrote:INTRODUCING POWER RANGERS GENERATIONS
You jest, but that name has actually been used before. It was the name of Jetix's mini-block of rerun Power Rangers episodes from seasons that preceded the current ones.

On Fox Kids, it was called "Power Rangers Power Playback". On ABC Family during the post-Fox Kids/pre-Jetix era, it was named "Best of Power Rangers". "Power Ranger Generations" was the final name used before Jetix died.
Re: John Warden Moving On From Transformers Brand (2072244)
Posted by Burn on July 16th, 2020 @ 10:33pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Makes one wonder what we could be getting after WFCT ends.

I'm sure whoever takes over will pick up where he left off and continue with updating lesser known characters while rehashing the 84 Autobots.

... or we'll just get the 84 Autobots again.
Re: John Warden Moving On From Transformers Brand (2072248)
Posted by King Kuuga on July 16th, 2020 @ 10:41pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
King Kuuga wrote:INTRODUCING POWER RANGERS GENERATIONS

I remember Power Playback and BOPR but I don't remember "Generations". What point in time was that? I tuned out around 2005 when I jumped to Sentai. Maybe I just have a spotty memory.
Re: John Warden Moving On From Transformers Brand (2072252)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 16th, 2020 @ 10:50pm CDT
King Kuuga wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
King Kuuga wrote:INTRODUCING POWER RANGERS GENERATIONS

I believe it was during the latter half of the Disney Era but before RPM, during the time when Jetix moved to only airing on Toon Disney instead of both it and ABC Family. After 2005 sounds about right.
Re: John Warden Moving On From Transformers Brand (2072255)
Posted by Skritz on July 16th, 2020 @ 10:57pm CDT
Nanananaa, nanananaa hey hey hey...GOODBYE! :lol:
Re: John Warden Moving On From Transformers Brand (2072256)
Posted by Whifflefire on July 16th, 2020 @ 11:01pm CDT
Warden has certainly made some significant contributions to the brand. It is quite possible every figure I've gotten since 2015 has been his handiwork, for which I am thankful. In my opinion Titans Return and Siege were among the best toylines of the franchise, certainly of the 2010's. I hope the standard of quality of these lines is continued by the next team.

Sabrblade wrote:I guess this means Kingdom is his last line.

Makes one wonder what we could be getting after WFCT ends.

Here's hoping for a Unicron Trilogy trilogy. :D
Re: John Warden Moving On From Transformers Brand (2072263)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 16th, 2020 @ 11:23pm CDT
Whifflefire wrote:Here's hoping for a Unicron Trilogy trilogy. :D
Nine consecutive toylines would be a lot of Unicron toys. :P
Re: John Warden Moving On From Transformers Brand (2072265)
Posted by Omega-Doom on July 16th, 2020 @ 11:43pm CDT
While I wasn't a fan of the Prime Wars trilogy, Siege and Earthrise have been pretty decent, I'm just hoping his successor can give some other continuities some love instead of just G1 rehashes again, if we get another G1 Optimus and Starscream, I'll be disappointed.
Re: John Warden Moving On From Transformers Brand (2072269)
Posted by LE0KING on July 17th, 2020 @ 12:14am CDT
Yay, maybe now we can do something other than G1! Like literally anything. I'd even take articulated rescuebots at this point.
Re: John Warden Moving On From Transformers Brand (2072276)
Posted by o.supreme on July 17th, 2020 @ 12:40am CDT
:shock: :shock: :shock: . I think I might play the lotto this week. Seriously though. It was Combiner Wars that brought me back after a decade of absence, and never thinking I'd buy toys again. If the toyline does go in a completely different direction after Kingdom, then I may call it quits for the 3rd time in my life.
Re: John Warden Moving On From Transformers Brand (2072277)
Posted by MaverickPrime on July 17th, 2020 @ 12:48am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
King Kuuga wrote:INTRODUCING POWER RANGERS GENERATIONS

Fun fact: here in Mexico, the Power Ranger Generations was stuck in a loop of Mighty Morphin and the first half of Zeo, not even full Zeo, so yes, a direct analogy of Transformers Generations.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Sky Blast Spy Changer set rare item action figure anime toy" on EBAY
Buy "GOBOTS 1980's Sky-Spy figure Robo Machine Bandai Tonka go-bots transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Commander Class Starscream Thunder Talon" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOT SHOTS BRAWL, DIRT BOSS, Acid storm & Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Decepticon SHOCKWAVE  Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Studio Series 59 SHATTER Deluxe Class Bumblebee Movie Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Mp 11T Sunder Lacquer Finished Toy Takara Tomy Mall" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Action Attackers: Ultra Class Slipstream Action Figure" on EBAY