Linkin Park Returning for DOTM?

Linkin Park Returning  for DOTM?

Sunday, February 27th, 2011 10:37am CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Rumors
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 62,785

It will probably come as no surprise to most that Linkin Park may be featured on the Transformers DOTM soundtrack considering their strong relationship with the Transformers movie franchise. The first Transformers film featured their single "What I've Done" and Transformers Revenge of the Fallen featured "New Divide". Transformers:LAMB is reporting director Michael Bay has selected "Burning in the Skies" from Linkin Park's album "A Thousand Suns" for the DOTM soundtrack. The "Burning In The Skies" International Music Video can be viewed here.

Additionally Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda and Chester Bennington have both dropped hints regarding their involvement.

Shinoda stated in this interview on YouTube that while they haven't produced a song exclusively for the film that doesn't mean they can't use one that's already complete.

In an interview posted at The Linkin Park Times Chester Bennington also hints of their involvement:

RY: Are you working on the soundtrack for Transformers: Dark of the Moon?

CB: I don’t know if I’m at liberty to tell you yet [winks]. But it looks promising. I think we go hand in hand with those films. A lot of our younger fans call us the Transformers band.

So there you have it. It appears there is a very high probability we will be hearing Linkin Park on the upcoming DOTM soundtrack. What do you think? Is "Burning in the Skies" a good choice?

Credit(s): Transformers: LAMB, The Linkin Park Times

This article was last modified on Monday, February 28th, 2011 1:28am CST

Re: Linkin Park Returning for DOTM? (1187931)
Posted by PrymeStriker on February 27th, 2011 @ 10:44am CST
Red 50 wrote:WHAT?!?!

Wasn't it the other way around?

Yes it was. Total screw up, dude.
Re: Linkin Park Returning for DOTM? (1187937)
Posted by YRQRM0 on February 27th, 2011 @ 10:51am CST
Yeah, they are the other way. I love burning in the skies, It's a lot more serious and darker than the other two songs too, I hope that also reflects the mood of the movie.
Re: Linkin Park Returning for DOTM? (1187943)
Posted by El Duque on February 27th, 2011 @ 11:06am CST
Thanks guys, I did have them backwards! Fixed.
Re: Linkin Park Returning for DOTM? (1187954)
Posted by xtsaur on February 27th, 2011 @ 11:16am CST
Re: Linkin Park Returning for DOTM? (1187956)
Posted by T-Macksimus on February 27th, 2011 @ 11:21am CST
EXCELLENT CHOICE!!! :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

It's just too bad that it's a bit more cerebral than what the average Transformer fan can handle because this song fits so well into the reported tones of this movie on so many levels. The songs associated with the first 2 films both fit nicely with their respective movies but LP had the benefit of working in direct conjunction with the franchise on those. For this new song to work so well for the upcoming film speaks very highly of LP's understanding and empathy regarding world affairs and their ability to translate that into such an all encompassing track and also gives a bit more validity to Bay's claims about the turn that TF3 is taking in regards to tone and general plot/theme.
Re: Linkin Park Returning for DOTM? (1187957)
Posted by Rated X on February 27th, 2011 @ 11:21am CST
Re: Linkin Park Returning for DOTM? (1187958)
Posted by Fenrir Prime on February 27th, 2011 @ 11:23am CST
the movies with out Linkin Park just doesn't make any sense, like Chewbacca living on Endor, it just doesn't make sense. If a Transformers movie needs to have a Linkin Park song you must acquit.

But seriously I think it'll be a great song for the movie.
Re: Linkin Park Returning for DOTM? (1187959)
Posted by Fenrir Prime on February 27th, 2011 @ 11:29am CST
Rated X wrote:Can we please get som Rap or Hip Hop for a change ??? Even the old Ninja Turtles movies had rap on the soundtracks. Why must the Transformers series be cursed with boy bands from middle america ??? :SICK: :SICK: :SICK:

I'm sure the guy who made Fort Minor and has a successful rap career will be shocked he is in a boyband
Re: Linkin Park Returning for DOTM? (1187965)
Posted by Rated X on February 27th, 2011 @ 11:47am CST
Fenrir Prime wrote:

Never heard of him.

I listen to real rap music like Three Six Mafia, Gucci Mane, Waka Flocka, Juvenile, Trick Daddy, Zero, David Banner, etc. And cant forget my hometown classic 2 Live Crew. Back on topic, I believe Something as big as Transformers deserves a hit single from a mainstream Hip Hop artist. Maybe not one as dirty south for my tastes, but at least give us Eminem or Jay-Z.
Re: Linkin Park Returning for DOTM? (1187967)
Posted by xtsaur on February 27th, 2011 @ 11:53am CST

Because Rap sucks.
Re: Linkin Park Returning for DOTM? (1187976)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 27th, 2011 @ 12:06pm CST
just one more reason for me not to see this movie
Re: Linkin Park Returning for DOTM? (1187979)
Posted by Rated X on February 27th, 2011 @ 12:08pm CST
xtsaur wrote:

Because Rap sucks.

Here in Miami we say the same thing about rock music and boy bands. I know it seems shocking, but some ghetto mannered people actually collect Transformers. Theres more to music than gutiar hero.
Re: Linkin Park Returning for DOTM? (1187985)
Posted by Covenant on February 27th, 2011 @ 12:16pm CST

xtsaur wrote:HELLZ YEAH!! Definitely need Linkin Park on board with Transformers 3. I think The Catalyst is a much better fit for a theme for the new movie. The song in this link is too passive. But The Catalyst would definitely rock!! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

No 'god bless us everyone', thank you.

I'll agree with one thing; they could definitely use some decent wrap on the soundtrack, period. But, sorry, being the rap lover I am I gotta say the range of available good rap is growing more narrow by the passing year.

And what, may I ask, is wrong with coming from the struggling-to-maintain label of 'middle America'?
Re: Linkin Park Returning for DOTM? (1187999)
Posted by Rated X on February 27th, 2011 @ 12:37pm CST
Covenant wrote:Well, LP doing the title song for the film is a staple at this point, and that song does seem to have the continuing sound you'd expect, but tamer, almost a finality in its tone which makes sense. Am a bit surprised that its a song chosen rather than something new though.

No 'god bless us everyone', thank you.

Nothing is wrong with "Middle America" my friend. But I come from Miami which is a very multi-cultural city. In Miami, we mostly have Latin American, African American, and Carribean influences. Yeah we got white people too but they are actually the minorty. (No disrespect Im half white) So naturally the things that might be popular in "Middle America" just arent popular down here. Boy bands are considered gay by most people here, including women. Only tweens and kiddies enjoy them because they havent been exposed to more adult themed music yet.
Re: Linkin Park Returning for DOTM? (1188002)
Posted by Fenrir Prime on February 27th, 2011 @ 12:42pm CST
Rated X wrote:
Fenrir Prime wrote:

Never heard of him.

That's nice, I'm just pointing out that Linkin Park is not even close to being a "boy band" seeing as they do work with Jay-Z and started out as a nu-metal/rap group. I will admit that the soundtracks need some verity but Linkin Park is one of the selling points of the albums
Re: Linkin Park Returning for DOTM? (1188003)
Posted by ShardFenix on February 27th, 2011 @ 12:45pm CST
Personally I enjoy it not having an rap on it. Too much bad rap is everywhere. Seriously most of the popular rap is terrible. On the other hand, I think most the rock bands on these things are terrible too. So its nothing against just rap.
Re: Linkin Park Returning for DOTM? (1188004)
Posted by originaldave77 on February 27th, 2011 @ 12:46pm CST
I hate this.

A timeless movie score from the first film reduced to noisy, nauseating trash in the second. The first film's score will hold up for generations. The second? Not five years.
Re: Linkin Park Returning for DOTM? (1188009)
Posted by Windsweeper on February 27th, 2011 @ 1:01pm CST
Personally, after they worked their magic on Tron, I'd love Daft Punk to do the TF3 soundtrack. I wasn't a fan of them b4 Tron but their soundtrack for taht film is amazing.

But then, I wouldn't mind seeing the director of Tron direct a TF film. He respects the source material and the Tron world does give me a Cybertronian vibe.
Re: Linkin Park Returning for DOTM? (1188037)
Posted by Slashercon on February 27th, 2011 @ 1:51pm CST
xtsaur wrote:

Because Rap sucks.

HALLELUJAH! lol
Re: Linkin Park Returning for DOTM? (1188038)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 27th, 2011 @ 1:53pm CST
I'm listening to the song as I'm posting. All I have to say to Bay is a big fat...

I'm sorry, but I can't envision this song (or an orchestral, like they did in ROTF) playing during one of the fight scenes. [-(

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Chromia Comic New MIB NIB MOC 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Seige War For Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro Chromia Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 52 Deluxe Arcee Chromia Elita 1 Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2005 Botcon Exclusive Universe Ratchet COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2005 Botcon Exclusive Timelines Universe Ironhide w/ weapon" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Optimus Primal" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Autobody Roadbuster SEALED " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS KINGDOM WAR FOR CYBERTRON TRILOGY BLACKARCHNIA FIGURE NEW IN HAND." on EBAY