Masterpiece Bumblebee Faceplate Gimmick Explained

Masterpiece Bumblebee Faceplate Gimmick Explained

Thursday, March 13th, 2014 6:08am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 22,351

The Masterpiece Bumblebee news train just keeps on chuggin' along! We now have a picture explaining what both the face gimmick is, and what the Amazon exclusive faceplate is. Drumroll please? G1 toy accurate masked faceplate!

Bumblebee will see release in November and seeing all of these pictures just makes it more and more difficult to wait for his release!

Fellow Seibertronian Down_Shift has posted a picture, courtesy of Amazon.co.jp, of the add on piece in question and we've mirrored the image for you here, below.

Transformers News: Masterpiece Bumblebee Faceplate Gimmick Explained

Credit(s): Amazon.co.jp, Down_Shift

This article was last modified on Thursday, March 13th, 2014 6:22am CDT

Re: Masterpiece Bumblebee Faceplate Gimmick Explained (1557254)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 13th, 2014 @ 6:55am CDT
Re: Masterpiece Bumblebee Faceplate Gimmick Explained (1557255)
Posted by Stormrider on March 13th, 2014 @ 7:12am CDT
Looks good. Hope the panels in alt mode won't be fidgety. I would like to see a scale. If he is too large, that could ruin everything.
Re: Masterpiece Bumblebee Faceplate Gimmick Explained (1557256)
Posted by Down_Shift on March 13th, 2014 @ 7:12am CDT
zodconvoy wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:Pre-orders up at Anime-Export

40 bucks

What's their shipping to the US? I really don't feel like signing up for yet another site just to find out that their shipping prices are insane.

They are pretty good into Canada.

Keep in mind that they do not include the coin or the Amazon exclusives.

eToys include the coin but no Amazon add on, and for about $4-$5 more.

RobotKingdom might be the best place for most. If you order more than one, perhaps to split shipping with a friend or in the hopes of selling one off in the future, then this is your best bet.
Re: Masterpiece Bumblebee Faceplate Gimmick Explained (1557257)
Posted by Down_Shift on March 13th, 2014 @ 7:13am CDT
zodconvoy wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:Pre-orders up at Anime-Export

40 bucks

They are pretty good into Canada.

Keep in mind that they do not include the coin or the Amazon exclusives.

eToys include the coin but no Amazon add on, and for about $4-$5 more.

Re: Masterpiece Bumblebee Faceplate Gimmick Explained (1557259)
Posted by Mykltron on March 13th, 2014 @ 7:22am CDT
That faceplate thing isn't really a face, is it? Apart from that it looks good, although the exo-suit doesn't seem to have much in the way of functional knees.

November 19th release + inevitable delay = may be available in time for Christmas.
Re: Masterpiece Bumblebee Faceplate Gimmick Explained (1557277)
Posted by Seibertron on March 13th, 2014 @ 8:59am CDT
It's like they're making all of my wishes come true with this. Didn't I say something about a battle mask on the podcast? :D
Re: Masterpiece Bumblebee Faceplate Gimmick Explained (1557282)
Posted by User897 on March 13th, 2014 @ 9:24am CDT
Re: Masterpiece Bumblebee Faceplate Gimmick Explained (1557286)
Posted by durroth on March 13th, 2014 @ 9:46am CDT
Mykltron wrote:That faceplate thing isn't really a face, is it?

That's the original toy's face. http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/1/1 ... eg1toy.jpg Bumblebee didn't get a head matching his cartoon model until the pretender and action master versions. And then they ignored those and switched him back to the battle mask face for g2.
Re: Masterpiece Bumblebee Faceplate Gimmick Explained (1557298)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 13th, 2014 @ 11:20am CDT
Man it's awesome. I don't think I've ever been this exited for Bumblebee. :D

Just one thing, did they put in the whole face-plate swapping gimmick, exclusively for the amazon battle-mask? That's a little excessive. Or will there be a different face with the toy to swap out, cos from the picks it doesn't look like that.
Re: Masterpiece Bumblebee Faceplate Gimmick Explained (1557300)
Posted by AutoBorst on March 13th, 2014 @ 11:26am CDT
User897 wrote:I still don't understand why Bumblebee is so much more expensive at BBTS than HLJ and the others. Can someone explain it to me? I usually get Hasbro releases and don't get Takara stuff until it's already here in the USA. Are the taxes and tariffs really that high for a retailer like BBTS?

Because, GREED.
Re: Masterpiece Bumblebee Faceplate Gimmick Explained (1557303)
Posted by durroth on March 13th, 2014 @ 11:42am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:Man it's awesome. I don't think I've ever been this exited for Bumblebee. :D

I just relooked at the pics, there's two faces with the toy. One mouth closed/serious, one smiling/mouth open
Re: Masterpiece Bumblebee Faceplate Gimmick Explained (1557334)
Posted by Stormrider on March 13th, 2014 @ 1:10pm CDT

Is shipping cost being taken into consideration?
Re: Masterpiece Bumblebee Faceplate Gimmick Explained (1557338)
Posted by wilcosu35 on March 13th, 2014 @ 1:17pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:

Is shipping cost being taken into consideration?

i can understand why their prices are higher, even though i think they're expensive. they have to buy the thing, ship it over to the US, pay import taxes, and on top of that they have to make a profit too.
Re: Masterpiece Bumblebee Faceplate Gimmick Explained (1557352)
Posted by Siger on March 13th, 2014 @ 2:19pm CDT
Re: Masterpiece Bumblebee Faceplate Gimmick Explained (1557360)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 13th, 2014 @ 2:56pm CDT
Beeeeeeeeeee! I neeeed you!

Never thought I'd hear myself say that. :lol: These pictures make me happy. His face looks a little chubby though? I guess that's kind of accurate. Anyway, this is probably as close to the perfect G1 Bumblebee they could do, so I'm perfectly content with it. :x
Re: Masterpiece Bumblebee Faceplate Gimmick Explained (1557364)
Posted by durroth on March 13th, 2014 @ 3:09pm CDT
Siger wrote:Changing faces is kinda interesting, though it's not something I look for on TF toys. That battle mask looks stupid though. I don't care how much of a throwback that is, at least put a pair of eyes on it.
It has a blue visor, you just can't tell because it's not painted.
Re: Masterpiece Bumblebee Faceplate Gimmick Explained (1557368)
Posted by GuyIncognito on March 13th, 2014 @ 3:11pm CDT
Let's see who can find the pettiest, most minor detail to complain about.
Re: Masterpiece Bumblebee Faceplate Gimmick Explained (1557370)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 13th, 2014 @ 3:15pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:Let's see who can find the pettiest, most minor detail to complain about.
I hate the particular shade of gray they used for this prototype's left knee joint! :P
Re: Masterpiece Bumblebee Faceplate Gimmick Explained (1557371)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 13th, 2014 @ 3:19pm CDT
wilcosu35 wrote:
Stormrider wrote:

Is shipping cost being taken into consideration?

Last I heard, the US doesn't pay import taxes. At least, that's what a lot of people claim.
Re: Masterpiece Bumblebee Faceplate Gimmick Explained (1557389)
Posted by Siger on March 13th, 2014 @ 4:01pm CDT
durroth wrote:
It has a blue visor, you just can't tell because it's not painted.

Ok, thanks for the info. I hope it looks good cause I still don't like the design of that mask. Very pointless to have if it doesn't look good, no?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #280 - A Roar That Grasps Victory
"A Roar That Grasps Victory"
Posted: Friday, July 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Gnaw Complete Sharkticon Authentic" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Transformers "GRAX" Headmaster Figure Titans Return SkullSmasher Head Part" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Series Action Figure: LG23 Galvatron From Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series LG09 Brainstorm Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Sky Lynx Opened WFC Earthrise WFC-E24 Commander" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot S#5" on EBAY