Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 First Image

Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 First Image

Thursday, January 7th, 2021 8:29am CST

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, Collectables
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 29,801

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Greetings Seibertronians! It was inevitable, but thanks to fellow Seibertron user, Powered Convoy, and Facebook page, DaimChoc Reports, we have the first look at one of Starscream's fellow seekers, Thundercracker!

Transformers News: Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 First Image

While we don't have any official confirmation on this seeker's release, we all knew that after the reveal of MP-52 Starscream that the rest of the repaints would follow.

Accessories wise, Thundercracker appears to come with some blast effects, three different facial expressions and his guns. There's also another piece that is hard to make out at the moment, though it could just be a flight stand adaptor.

Written across the image is the date 1.14 which could mean that we will be learning more about Thundercracker next week.

Will you be putting money down for Thundercracker? Are you holding out for Skywarp or any of the other rainbow coloured seekers? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): DaimChoc Reports Facebook Page


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 First Image (2091956)
Posted by Master Farr 1 on January 7th, 2021 @ 8:44am CST
Okay I need it.
Re: Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 First Image (2091961)
Posted by angtre on January 7th, 2021 @ 9:07am CST
An easy pass, doubly so since I already invested quite a lot on the MP-11 mold, getting all available Seekers in "show" colors (and MP-11T was particularly pricey, given its limited release).

This is a pretty predictable release, yet deep down I was still hoping for more variety for Decepticon MP figures - I could even do with an Autobot repaint of some sort (like a G1 Barricade from the Bluestreak mold), but at this point I can only hope that Coneheads won't follow the inevitable Skywarp repaint straight away.
Re: Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 First Image (2091964)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on January 7th, 2021 @ 9:27am CST
I mean, honestly once I have a show-accurate Starscream, I only need a show-accurate Soundwave, then all my MP Decepticons will match. Who else from the first 2 seasons of the show did the ‘Cons have, without counting combiners?

I think the Insecticons would be cool in the Cartoon style. Hopefully Astrotrain and Blitzwing.

But what I’d really like to see would be some Movie/Season 3 Decepticons.
Re: Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 First Image (2091971)
Posted by angtre on January 7th, 2021 @ 10:27am CST
Nemesis Maximo wrote:I mean, honestly once I have a show-accurate Starscream, I only need a show-accurate Soundwave, then all my MP Decepticons will match. Who else from the first 2 seasons of the show did the ‘Cons have, without counting combiners?

I think the Insecticons would be cool in the Cartoon style. Hopefully Astrotrain and Blitzwing.

But what I’d really like to see would be some Movie/Season 3 Decepticons.

After Studio Series Devastator, I've still little shards of hope left for his G1 counterpart in the MP line. Still I reckon chances are pretty slim, although before moving to season 2 or 3 I'd really like to see the Reflector trio.
Re: Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 First Image (2091980)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 7th, 2021 @ 11:40am CST
Oof, we all knew this was coming, but this means an almost $700 investment for this trio, it feels kind of silly at this point, what the mp line has become when the wfc trilogy has been knocking it outta the park at infinitely better price points :HEADHURTS:
Re: Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 First Image (2091990)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 7th, 2021 @ 12:19pm CST
angtre wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:I mean, honestly once I have a show-accurate Starscream, I only need a show-accurate Soundwave, then all my MP Decepticons will match. Who else from the first 2 seasons of the show did the ‘Cons have, without counting combiners?

I think the Insecticons would be cool in the Cartoon style. Hopefully Astrotrain and Blitzwing.

But what I’d really like to see would be some Movie/Season 3 Decepticons.

After Studio Series Devastator, I've still little shards of hope left for his G1 counterpart in the MP line. Still I reckon chances are pretty slim, although before moving to season 2 or 3 I'd really like to see the Reflector trio.

Question would be, how best to package reflector? A boxset would make sense but the price it would carry...that would be the deal breaker. From a design point of view, the cost should be downplayed by having them combine into one alt mode but as this is Takara we're talking about, its going to be expensive...
Re: Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 First Image (2091993)
Posted by angtre on January 7th, 2021 @ 12:47pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:Question would be, how best to package reflector? A boxset would make sense but the price it would carry...that would be the deal breaker. From a design point of view, the cost should be downplayed by having them combine into one alt mode but as this is Takara we're talking about, its going to be expensive...

I always figured it as a boxset. The single figures shouldn't be that big, given show proportions and the alt-mode, which I expect to be on scale. I'd say its cost shouldn't exceed much the likes of MP Shockwave or Soundwave. Or at least I surely hope so.
Re: Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 First Image (2092001)
Posted by SodaPoptimus on January 7th, 2021 @ 4:03pm CST
Yup...gonna get him. Gonna stop at Acid Storm.
Re: Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 First Image (2092017)
Posted by Emerje on January 7th, 2021 @ 5:56pm CST
angtre wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Question would be, how best to package reflector? A boxset would make sense but the price it would carry...that would be the deal breaker. From a design point of view, the cost should be downplayed by having them combine into one alt mode but as this is Takara we're talking about, its going to be expensive...

I always figured it as a boxset. The single figures shouldn't be that big, given show proportions and the alt-mode, which I expect to be on scale. I'd say its cost shouldn't exceed much the likes of MP Shockwave or Soundwave. Or at least I surely hope so.

I agree. The bots themselves wouldn't be very big or complex and the camera mode can't be any bigger than 1:1 scale to a real camera, which could actually be a bit of a hurdle. Even screen caps don't help, they usually appeared in scenes where everyone was out of scale. I would say anything bigger than Bumblebee and smaller than an Autobot car would be safe. That said a box of three would probably be around $200+ since they'd have to include all the parts and weapons and maybe a working flash depending on Takara Tomy's mood. It's hard to predict since there isn't anything else like it.

Emerje
Re: Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 First Image (2092019)
Posted by william-james88 on January 7th, 2021 @ 6:01pm CST
Question why are people over at TFW dissapointed this Thundercracker diesn5 cobe with a small reflector?
Re: Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 First Image (2092021)
Posted by Emerje on January 7th, 2021 @ 6:06pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Question why are people over at TFW dissapointed this Thundercracker diesn5 cobe with a small reflector?

From the first episode of the cartoon.

Image

Emerje
Re: Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 First Image (2092025)
Posted by william-james88 on January 7th, 2021 @ 6:23pm CST
Emerje wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Question why are people over at TFW dissapointed this Thundercracker diesn5 cobe with a small reflector?

From the first episode of the cartoon.

Image

Emerje


Thanks!
Re: Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 First Image (2092030)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 7th, 2021 @ 6:42pm CST
I don't know why, but I feel a small reflector would actually be one of the accessories that the actual Reflector would come with :-?
Re: Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 First Image (2092034)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 7th, 2021 @ 7:29pm CST
Not shocked, but anyone who has a brain shouldn’t be. Looks nice but if prices are as high as they have been, I’ll just stick to my MP11 versions. I’ve never had a problem with them and I’d like to not drop $600+ on a new set of Seekers, especially since room is now a factor in my collection until I get out of the Army.
Re: Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 First Image (2092059)
Posted by Emerje on January 7th, 2021 @ 10:41pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:I don't know why, but I feel a small reflector would actually be one of the accessories that the actual Reflector would come with :-?

Yeah, plus it would set a strange precedence for for future Seekers. If Skywarp didn't come with some sort of tiny extra figure after Starscream came with Megatron and Thundercreacker came with Reflector a certain set of people would be outraged.

Emerje
Re: Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 First Image (2092214)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 9th, 2021 @ 6:37am CST
Of course MP TC 2.0 is coming. But he'll never enter my collection of sealed TC because it will never, ever be cheap like the previous TC MPs.
Re: Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 First Image (2092234)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on January 9th, 2021 @ 8:09pm CST
As much as I like this mold, and I would like to have TC and SW with my MP's, there's no way I'm dropping that much $$$... In fact, if anything, I would probably wait for one of the coneheads, either Thrust or Dirge.
But having MP Megatron, Soundwave, Shockwave, and Starscream coming in this June, I can be happy with those..
And the more I think about it, I'm not even sure I'd be happy with 3/6 MP's in my collection being seekers...
It'll take something like a well-done Blitzwing or Insecticons to get me back into the MP game.
And I don't even love the Insecticons, but knowing they'd be smaller, at least they'd be way cheaper, and add a bit of visual variety size-wise.
Re: Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 First Image (2092293)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on January 10th, 2021 @ 4:30pm CST
Nemesis Maximo wrote: I only need a show-accurate Soundwave



How far off is MP-13 though? My friend who owns him, thinks he is perfect as is.

As far as Thundercracker, not surprised in the slightest. That is what this mold is for. We've discussed before in the general MP thread, how some of the smaller bots should be packaged in MP form. I'd agree Reflector should be a boxset. There is little point in them being individual releases. I also think the Insecticons should be a boxset also. Given their size.

Then again, considering what they are doing in the WFC line, isn't it time they started to do so with the Seekers too? A somewhat reduced price for an MP Conehead and/or Rainmaker boxset, seems reasonable. Even lowering the amount of accessories if need be.
Re: Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 First Image (2092295)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 10th, 2021 @ 4:38pm CST
Appart some sort of convention exclusive, who would buy what would be a 700$ or even 800$ boxset of a seeker trio? :shock:

There is a market for that, but it's damn limited. Such a set (with maybe some unique decos) shouldn't prevent the individual releases or it would be bad business.
Re: Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 First Image (2092296)
Posted by william-james88 on January 10th, 2021 @ 5:01pm CST
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote: I only need a show-accurate Soundwave



How far off is MP-13 though?


Just the kibble on the side of each leg.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
Twincast / Podcast #268:
"Call Me 2020"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger & Caliburst G1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Timelines Collectors Club TFCC Runabout and Runamuck" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Knock Out Deluxe Action Figure FACTORY NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime RID Deluxe Class Sergeant Kup Autobot Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Decepticon Rumble - Robots in Disguise MOSC Free shipping!" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 2016 Generations Titans Return BREAKAWAY & THROTTLE Headmasters NEW" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations Titans Return QUAKE / BREAKAWAY Headmasters Lot NIB New" on EBAY