Thursday, May 20th, 2021 7:57am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 26,624

The Transformers RED line is sticking around, as we can see from all these new product codes below. You will also see a code for a San Diego Comiccon set and codes for the 2022 Studio Series line.

Here they are:

Tra Gen Studio series voyager 86 Hot Rod variant
EAN: 5010993940110

Tra Gen Studio series LDR 86 Starscream Cape
EAN: 5010993950430

Tra Gen Studio series voyager TF6 Soundwave
EAN: 5010993940103

These product codes come from LivingRangerKey over at TFW2005. Let us know what you think.

This article was last modified on Thursday, May 20th, 2021 9:33am CDT

Re: New Product Codes Found for Transformers RED Line, Studio Series, Generations Blaster and More (2104994)
Posted by Dark Megatron on May 20th, 2021 @ 8:06am CDT
Re: New Product Codes Found for Transformers RED Line, Studio Series, Generations Blaster and More (2105000)
Posted by Bun-Bun on May 20th, 2021 @ 8:33am CDT
Dark Megatron wrote:Happy its Blaster, mixed feelings on him being a Soundwave repaint. The Red seems real overdone

Please note that the blaster image is a digibash.

And thank heaven for that too because it looks like ass & I can still hold out hope that Hasbro will manage something better.
Re: New Product Codes Found for Transformers RED Line, Studio Series, Generations Blaster and More (2105001)
Posted by Roadbuster on May 20th, 2021 @ 8:35am CDT
Gah. Bun-Bun beat me to it! :lol:

Yeah. Just have faith. They've done mostly good on many of the figures. I'm confident Blaster will turn out just as good. I just hope he comes with Ramhorn and Steeljaw.
Re: New Product Codes Found for Transformers RED Line, Studio Series, Generations Blaster and More (2105002)
Posted by william-james88 on May 20th, 2021 @ 8:35am CDT

Try rereading the article.
Re: New Product Codes Found for Transformers RED Line, Studio Series, Generations Blaster and More (2105003)
Posted by Betenoire on May 20th, 2021 @ 8:41am CDT
Oh, SDCC exclusive. Why couldn't the pandemic have killed the exclusives after so many retailers bumbled them so badly, especially over this last year?
Re: New Product Codes Found for Transformers RED Line, Studio Series, Generations Blaster and More (2105004)
Posted by Tigerhawk7109 on May 20th, 2021 @ 8:41am CDT

:BH-PREDACON:
Re: New Product Codes Found for Transformers RED Line, Studio Series, Generations Blaster and More (2105006)
Posted by Dark Megatron on May 20th, 2021 @ 8:46am CDT
Hahaha that's what I get trying to sneak tf news in between classes :HEADHURTS:
Re: New Product Codes Found for Transformers RED Line, Studio Series, Generations Blaster and More (2105007)
Posted by aronjlove on May 20th, 2021 @ 9:24am CDT
Tigerhawk7109 wrote:Frigging finally! I’m so happy that we’re going to get Blaster. Even if he is a Soundwave remold, I couldn’t care less.

:BH-PREDACON:

Same!
Re: New Product Codes Found for Transformers RED Line, Studio Series, Generations Blaster and More (2105010)
Posted by Seibertron on May 20th, 2021 @ 9:34am CDT
Bun-Bun wrote:

Please note that the blaster image is a digibash.

I switched the digibash image out for an image of Blaster from the cartoon due to the confusion. Threw me for a loop for a moment too!
Re: New Product Codes Found for Transformers RED Line, Studio Series, Generations Blaster and More (2105014)
Posted by jtanimator on May 20th, 2021 @ 9:45am CDT
Re: New Product Codes Found for Transformers RED Line, Studio Series, Generations Blaster and More (2105016)
Posted by palmcd on May 20th, 2021 @ 10:01am CDT
The original Blaster was not a repaint/remold so collectors hope for a day that Blaster and SoundWave are 2 different molds again
Re: New Product Codes Found for Transformers RED Line, Studio Series, Generations Blaster and More (2105018)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 20th, 2021 @ 10:02am CDT
jtanimator wrote:Okay so I have a real question for you guys. I see a lot of people here are in high hopes that Blaster doesn’t just turn out to be a soundwave repaint, but why? As far as my memory can recollect, hasn’t he always been a repaint/remold of soundwave? Or am I missing something? I’m genuinely curious since I’m not that educated on the history of Blaster figures lol. I just assumed that whenever we got one, he would in fact be a remold of soundwave.

The original Blaster toy wasn't a retool of Soundwave

Edit:

Neither was the Action Master. In fact I dare say the Blaster/Soundwave sharing molds is far more recent a phenomenon then any of us realise, maybe going back to Universe Blaster from Cybertron Soundwave.
Re: New Product Codes Found for Transformers RED Line, Studio Series, Generations Blaster and More (2105020)
Posted by william-james88 on May 20th, 2021 @ 10:17am CDT
jtanimator wrote: hasn’t he always been a repaint/remold of soundwave?

No, he hasn't.

They don't even transform into the same thing.
Re: New Product Codes Found for Transformers RED Line, Studio Series, Generations Blaster and More (2105021)
Posted by o.supreme on May 20th, 2021 @ 10:22am CDT
I know Soundwave was in TFA, but Blaster was not. Other than the affore mentioned originals that came out in 1984/85 respectively and the Action Masters that came out in 1990, I wonder what was the first new toys of Soundwave and Blaster that came out in the same line? I know Soundwave had several unique molds usually when there was no Blaster to counter him with, but I think in the 21st century, every Blaster mold has been based off a Soundwave of the same line. There is no MP Blaster is there?
Re: New Product Codes Found for Transformers RED Line, Studio Series, Generations Blaster and More (2105022)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 20th, 2021 @ 10:28am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Bun-Bun wrote:

Please note that the blaster image is a digibash.

I'm still seeing the digibash in the post.
Re: New Product Codes Found for Transformers RED Line, Studio Series, Generations Blaster and More (2105024)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 20th, 2021 @ 10:38am CDT
Re: New Product Codes Found for Transformers RED Line, Studio Series, Generations Blaster and More (2105027)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on May 20th, 2021 @ 11:12am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:For all that is holy.... please don’t let Blaster be a Target exclusive. Sick and tired of stressing out over exclusives, between the GI Joe Cobra Island debacle and now the Star Wars: The Clone Wars set that now freaks me out. :BANG_HEAD:

I won't be surprised at all if he is... Which definitely sucks.
In my opinion and experiences with exclusives this past year, it would be better through Target or Amazon than through Walmart... Walmarts in my area have been pathetic.

I also hope Hastak has done the right thing and made him from a new mold...
The digibash doesn't look good, but what really turns me off is all of that stupid Seige greebling...
It's just so unnecessary... Especially for an "earth version".
Last night I watched a video of a 3P combiner, and EVERY member had forearm panels...
Those are so simple yet help make the figure look so much better!!
Re: New Product Codes Found for Transformers RED Line, Studio Series, Generations Blaster and More (2105029)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on May 20th, 2021 @ 11:24am CDT
Sowndwave76 wrote:They really need to stop over-designing these tiny details and put more money into more important aspects of the figure... Like any hollow parts that don't need to be hollow.

You do understand that isn't a 1 to 1 tradeoff, right? The fine details or "greebling" you bring up quite often is really just a simple portion of the computer design that is basically just the finishing touches of a mostly developed part. Adding or removing some of the fine lines and details is only going to add or save very little cost in total. Adding in panels and putting plastic resources in places where there isn't already a part mostly designed is a bit more complicated than just choosing the finished details. That would mean adding additional parts, which would require additional mold resources as well as more on the assembly process.

Hasbro can easily stop the "greebling" but that won't lead to more plastic elsewhere.
Re: New Product Codes Found for Transformers RED Line, Studio Series, Generations Blaster and More (2105032)
Posted by aronjlove on May 20th, 2021 @ 11:40am CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

It's not just plastic, there is the connection that the panel is attached to and most flip panels have a pin so you gotta pay for the pin and the assembly of the pin into the panel's connection to the arm or whatever part is being covered. The plastic might actually be cheaper than the labor.
Re: New Product Codes Found for Transformers RED Line, Studio Series, Generations Blaster and More (2105033)
Posted by sol magnus on May 20th, 2021 @ 11:47am CDT
BLASTER!!!!

I'll at least check out the variant Hot Rod.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Kingdom: War For Cybertron Trilogy - Megatron (Beast) WFC-K10" on EBAY
Buy "Autobot Drift Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars CW Bruticus Brand New In Sealed Packing 5 Figures" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG29 Wheelie & Go-Shooter Headmasters *B1#2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Mindwipe + Headmaster Vorath deluxe class New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors UW06 Grand Galvatron Takara Tomy" on EBAY