New Transformers G1 Headmaster "Replacement" Cobra Head

New Transformers G1 Headmaster "Replacement" Cobra Head

Saturday, February 6th, 2010 2:48am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 33,118

Are you an owner of a headless Headmaster? Can't find a Black Zarak that costs less than a mint in sealed box G1 Scorponok? If this is your plight, the folks over at HeadRobots.com are looking to help you.

HeadRobots.com has been motivated by the need of many Transformers fans who own headless figures to find a suitable replacement to complete some of the most revered molds to hit the fandom. Soon to be released is an unused G1 Concept Cobra Head, which is, apparently, their first design in this venture.

New Transformers G1 Headmaster "Replacement" Cobra Head

New Transformers G1 Headmaster "Replacement" Cobra Head

New Transformers G1 Headmaster "Replacement" Cobra Head

According to HeadRobots, retail cost is set at $18 USD. The Cobras are made of high quality injection molded ABS plastic and distributors who will ship to the US, CANADA, and EUROPE who will open pre-orders soon. Variant cards can be purchased individually for 1.40 so you don't have to buy a whole new figure.

No word as to whether we'll see additional heads produced, but other unused concepts for the Headmasters include the rhino, bull, and dugong.

Keep your optics locked right here at Seibertron.com your Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): HeadRobots.com

Re: New Transformers G1 Headmaster "Replacement" Cobra Head (1044465)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on February 6th, 2010 @ 3:02am CST
I like the idea of it...
Re: New Transformers G1 Headmaster "Replacement" Cobra Head (1044466)
Posted by Name_Violation on February 6th, 2010 @ 3:03am CST
A for effort, but can't say I like the look.
Re: New Transformers G1 Headmaster "Replacement" Cobra Head (1044471)
Posted by Mkall on February 6th, 2010 @ 3:35am CST
Definately creative, that's for sure. However I don't have any headmasters, so I don't really need this.
Re: New Transformers G1 Headmaster "Replacement" Cobra Head (1044480)
Posted by Flux Convoy on February 6th, 2010 @ 4:06am CST
Name_Violation wrote:A for effort, but can't say I like the look.

Ditto.
:BOT:
Re: New Transformers G1 Headmaster "Replacement" Cobra Head (1044492)
Posted by Shadowstream on February 6th, 2010 @ 4:40am CST
This has to be one of the most obscurest marketing angles I have ever heard of in my entire life.
Re: New Transformers G1 Headmaster "Replacement" Cobra Head (1044493)
Posted by Rated X on February 6th, 2010 @ 4:42am CST
That is the ugliest thing I hever seen in my life...
Re: New Transformers G1 Headmaster "Replacement" Cobra Head (1044497)
Posted by Flux Convoy on February 6th, 2010 @ 5:14am CST
Rated X wrote:That is the ugliest thing I hever seen in my life...

Dude, life is gonna suck so bad for you then.
:BOT:
Re: New Transformers G1 Headmaster "Replacement" Cobra Head (1044509)
Posted by Diem on February 6th, 2010 @ 6:13am CST

As much as I support anything to do with the Headmasters, I'm not loving this.
Re: New Transformers G1 Headmaster "Replacement" Cobra Head (1044510)
Posted by Rated X on February 6th, 2010 @ 6:14am CST
Flux Convoy wrote:
Rated X wrote:That is the ugliest thing I hever seen in my life...

Dude, life is gonna suck so bad for you then.
:BOT:

I suppose you love it...
:CON:
Re: New Transformers G1 Headmaster "Replacement" Cobra Head (1044511)
Posted by Relic Dinobot on February 6th, 2010 @ 6:16am CST
Nifty. Cobra head looks weird but then so did the original individual Japanese Headmaster heads. Might just end up getting this, if only for the bizarrreness of it, as well as a Grax for my headless Skullcruncher. :-?
Re: New Transformers G1 Headmaster "Replacement" Cobra Head (1044512)
Posted by Poyguimogul on February 6th, 2010 @ 6:22am CST
The different boxes is a nifty idea.

The mini-comic alone makes up for any visual qualms.

Unless there's a 3rd party Headmaster coming out, that supposed to represent a mass-production type, I can't really (like the rest of the world) get into the idea of COBRA using a bunch of Headmasters to capture Transformers...

wait.. What!?
Re: New Transformers G1 Headmaster "Replacement" Cobra Head (1044513)
Posted by Name_Violation on February 6th, 2010 @ 6:27am CST
Poyguimogul wrote:The different boxes is a nifty idea.

The mini-comic alone makes up for any visual qualms.

wait.. What!?

its NAME is cobra, its not MADE by cobra. hence the others named bull, and rhino. unless those are the SUPER SECRET organizations trying to take over the world.
Re: New Transformers G1 Headmaster "Replacement" Cobra Head (1044516)
Posted by morphobots on February 6th, 2010 @ 7:02am CST
Diem wrote:Just out of interest, does "unused concept" mean something HasTak came up with in the eighties but never followed through on?

As much as I support anything to do with the Headmasters, I'm not loving this.

Jim Sorenson published model sheets of about a dozen Headmasters intended for Japan in The Ark II. They were designed for the cartoons, but never made it into shows or toy production. Almost all of them were animals, with one humanoid figure. The cobra is one of them, and this execution is remarkably accurate to the model sketch.
Re: New Transformers G1 Headmaster "Replacement" Cobra Head (1044517)
Posted by Diem on February 6th, 2010 @ 7:06am CST
morphobots wrote:

As much as I support anything to do with the Headmasters, I'm not loving this.

Thanks for the info.
Re: New Transformers G1 Headmaster "Replacement" Cobra Head (1044524)
Posted by Forgotten on February 6th, 2010 @ 7:34am CST
Re: New Transformers G1 Headmaster "Replacement" Cobra Head (1044527)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on February 6th, 2010 @ 8:01am CST
I gotta admit, I like this for the lone Headmaster figure I have. Plus, there's no rule that says they can't be from GiJoe's Cobra.
Re: New Transformers G1 Headmaster "Replacement" Cobra Head (1044531)
Posted by Blackstreak on February 6th, 2010 @ 8:22am CST

BTW, what is a dugong?
Re: New Transformers G1 Headmaster "Replacement" Cobra Head (1044532)
Posted by Diem on February 6th, 2010 @ 8:27am CST
Blackstreak wrote:Interesting concept but I think theres a reason they never went into production. And I bet it has to do w/ looking ugly.

BTW, what is a dugong?

It's a sea creature similar to a walrus or a manatee.
Re: New Transformers G1 Headmaster "Replacement" Cobra Head (1044534)
Posted by Stormrider on February 6th, 2010 @ 8:42am CST
Forgotten wrote:I like it, I wonder what stats they bring up in the chest readers. If this will indeed fit Headmaster, Jr figures I think it would look great with Squeezeplay. They would match rather well.

I like the concept. It reminds me of the exclusive animal heads that Takara produced many years ago and gave away as toy store free-bees. Ironically, they are now relished items!

Re: New Transformers G1 Headmaster "Replacement" Cobra Head (1044535)
Posted by Diem on February 6th, 2010 @ 8:48am CST
Stormrider wrote:Image
Mandarake! Dammit, it's another week 'til payday.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Universe Starscream Generations Classics 25th Anniversary Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alternity Suzuki Swift Sport Gold Bug A-03 Goldbug USEd=D" on EBAY
Buy "FLAME TOYS Transformers Kkk Tarn Af Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron  Combaticons COMPLETE BRUTICUS" on EBAY
Buy "JAZZ Transformers Generations Studio Series The Movie Deluxe Class 86-01 MIB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS DELUXE TRAILBREAKER GOOD SIZE FOR SIEGE" on EBAY
Buy "(2) STERLING TRANSFORMER CORP ST26744 TRANSFORMERS NEW. Govt  5950-00-442-5237" on EBAY
Buy "Blaster - Transformers Generation 1 Walmart Reissue - Brand New in Box" on EBAY