Possible Masterpiece Raiden Coming

Transformers News: Possible Masterpiece Raiden Coming

Monday, December 2nd, 2019 7:29AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 22,316

Takara Tomy is attending a Japanese railroad toys show and they have many toys from their Plarail line on display. They also have a poster featuring Transformers Raiden in silhouette along with the G1 figures nearby. The images below come were posted by Takara on twitter. Fellow Seibertronian Powered Convoy sent us this info and says that the text on the poster "mentions that Masterpiece Raiden is coming". Still, take this with a grain of salt since we don't know exactly what that would mean for combiners in the MP line. We will update you when we learn more.

Transformers News: Possible Masterpiece Raiden Coming

Transformers News: Possible Masterpiece Raiden Coming
Credit(s): Takara
Re: Possible Masterpiece Raiden Coming (2045758)
Posted by blackeyedprime on December 2nd, 2019 @ 8:10am CST
I'd have been incredibly happy with a reissue or a titan sized combiner...but MP raiden has made me incredibly happy with a very sad wallet.
Re: Possible Masterpiece Raiden Coming (2045761)
Posted by Aaarnhide19 on December 2nd, 2019 @ 8:31am CST
Re: Possible Masterpiece Raiden Coming (2045762)
Posted by Black Hat on December 2nd, 2019 @ 8:44am CST
MP Raiden!?! Wow, that's out of left field! Still, sounds kinda cool, and the anime trilogy designs were less simplistic than the Western G1 designs, so hopefully they'll turn out looking nice and not too underdetailed.

Not sure I'd buy the whole set, but a single trainbot would be nice to have.
Re: Possible Masterpiece Raiden Coming (2045763)
Posted by Cyberstrike on December 2nd, 2019 @ 8:46am CST
A re-issue would likely still be expensive but nowhere near as expensive as a Masterpiece not to mention would Raiden transform into six train cars and that is it or would all six care transform into six different robots.
Re: Possible Masterpiece Raiden Coming (2045764)
Posted by Short Circuit on December 2nd, 2019 @ 8:47am CST
This is gonna hurt the bank account hard. Might have to pass and let my train loving self just keep hoping for a Rail Racer once Titan scorponok gets done.
Re: Possible Masterpiece Raiden Coming (2045765)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 2nd, 2019 @ 8:57am CST
On he one hand, I don’t want MP Raiden; I want the Season 1/2 cast completed. But at the same time.... MP RAIDEN YES PLEASE
Re: Possible Masterpiece Raiden Coming (2045769)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 2nd, 2019 @ 9:29am CST
Re: Possible Masterpiece Raiden Coming (2045770)
Posted by william-james88 on December 2nd, 2019 @ 9:31am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:Mp Raiden? Hmm :-? I would love to have it but at the same time I wonder if this will turn out more like unite warriors Devesator (I.e something that that will be as close to masterpiece as possible)

I'm thinking something similar too.
Re: Possible Masterpiece Raiden Coming (2045772)
Posted by Tobias062003 on December 2nd, 2019 @ 10:06am CST
never have I ever been so sad about being a child with no abillity to get money :-(
Re: Possible Masterpiece Raiden Coming (2045775)
Posted by Seibertron on December 2nd, 2019 @ 11:47am CST
Aaarnhide19 wrote:Imagine how much it’d cost to buy 4 raidens to display like that. It’d be cool if they made a masterpiece raiden, but I’d rather get a generations one or a reissue so I don’t break the bank.

I agree. I would prefer a Generations Raiden that utilized the Combiner Wars ports and solved the problem of using two deluxes for the torso instead of 1 voyager, which could make way for a lot of other uses for the 6 Transformer combiners.
Re: Possible Masterpiece Raiden Coming (2045776)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 2nd, 2019 @ 11:51am CST
"Masterpiece Raiden"

Re: Possible Masterpiece Raiden Coming (2045783)
Posted by o.supreme on December 2nd, 2019 @ 3:16pm CST
I was hoping for a *mistranslation*, but seeing the MP Prime and BB next to their originla counterparts is pretty convincing.

This is sad, because I'd really like a Raiden set, but was hoping it would be part of the Selects line, or anything to do with the generations line over the next 2 years. Being 2021's Titan (Much like UW/CW Devastator) would be ideal.

MP toys look beautiful, but are way too pricey. I'm still holding out hope for a Generations/Selects release.
Re: Possible Masterpiece Raiden Coming (2045789)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on December 2nd, 2019 @ 4:06pm CST
Considering the previous stance on MP Gestalts, as a potential "one-off", MP Raiden makes sense. As it isn't tied to Sunbow or the original Western toyline. The possibility of MP Train Bots has piqued my interest far more than MP Devastator, Defensor or Predaking ever would.

Mindmaster wrote:On the one hand, I don’t want MP Raiden; I want the Season 1/2 cast completed.

At this rate, I think you have more chance of a lottery win ...with no ticket >:oP
Re: Possible Masterpiece Raiden Coming (2045791)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 2nd, 2019 @ 4:23pm CST
Re: Possible Masterpiece Raiden Coming (2045793)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 2nd, 2019 @ 4:26pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:From what I'm able to read and translate, Masterpiece is involved in the planning process for the project. We can safely assume that the end product will be Masterpiece-like in techniques used, but I don't think TakaraTomy knows what it wants yet. In which case, it's better to start high, then dumb down until a more desirable price point can be reached.

So yeah probably will be like unite warriors Devesator then. We'll find out soon enough anyway...now how many people would be annoyed if Hasbro imported it for the 2022 titan bug removed elbows from the individual robots :P
Re: Possible Masterpiece Raiden Coming (2045798)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 2nd, 2019 @ 5:11pm CST
I bet a MP Raiden would be over 1000$ as a set. :/
Re: Possible Masterpiece Raiden Coming (2045810)
Posted by ScottyP on December 2nd, 2019 @ 6:44pm CST
This is potentially very cool news! Bring on MP Trainbots, sounds like a blast to me.
Re: Possible Masterpiece Raiden Coming (2045813)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 2nd, 2019 @ 7:00pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:

I'd be surprised yet annoyed. Surprised that Hasbro actually takes an explicit interest in trains, let alone foreign models, annoyed they'd be out of my price range either way :lol:
Re: Possible Masterpiece Raiden Coming (2045815)
Posted by carytheone on December 2nd, 2019 @ 7:37pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Image
For shits and giggles I ran the image through Google Lens and it spat this out.

Google Translate wrote:Transformers
Commercialization is decided with the best brand of transformers "Masterpiece" series!
Leiden project started!
Re: Possible Masterpiece Raiden Coming (2045819)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 2nd, 2019 @ 7:44pm CST
I really want to see what happens with this, this sounds exciting! Raiden gets an update, and it's basically an MP!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #236 - Tangled Web
"Tangled Web"
Posted: Monday, December 9th, 2019

Buy "Tanigami Works Transformers United Autobot Drift" on EBAY
Buy "Mint Human Torch Transformers Crossover Collaboration" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield Rodimus/RTS Deluxe Hot Rod Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Voyager Grapple PREORDER" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Bumblebee Volkswagen Beetle Used Mint" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Movie 1 1987 Clunker Bumblebee Figure Complete Mint" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Cyberverse Action Attackers Scout Class Scraplet Figure" on EBAY