Possible ROTF Constructicon Gestalt Toy Details

Transformers News: Possible ROTF Constructicon Gestalt Toy Details

Wednesday, November 5th, 2008 3:33am CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Sponsor News, Rumors
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 54,307

Seibertron.com member s250 has posted some interesting information regarding the upcoming Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Devastator Constructicon team.

According to his statement, he met and talked with a Product Manager for the film and was told that the Constructicon combiner will be similar to that of Energon Optimus Prime's combined form.

{L_IMAGE}

As stated by s250:

In the Gestalt version, most construction vehicles [are] just transformable drones as a part of Devastator, [with] no robot mode. These vehicles will get Deluxe versions [that] can transform to robots, but I think Deluxe version [won't] combine.

Very hard to say how accurate this information may be, but s250 has provided very reliable information regarding future releases in the past.

We'll keep you posted as more news develops.

Credit(s): s250

Re: Possible ROTF Constructicon Gestalt Toy Details (828440)
Posted by Tigertrack on November 5th, 2008 @ 4:03am CST
This is kind of what I was thinking when you hear nine bots make Devastator. Sounds like 1 guy calling a bunch of crap to hang on, so he gets added mass.

Interesting rumor. Thanks s250.
Re: Possible ROTF Constructicon Gestalt Toy Details (828458)
Posted by astrobard on November 5th, 2008 @ 5:35am CST
s250 wrote:At local agent clearance event,I met their product manager.He gave me a little blur information about Devastator.
We have some rumor and speculations about Devastator likes Energon Optimus Prime,and his words proved this.In the Gestalt version,most construction vehicles just transformable drones as a part of Devastator,no robot mode.
These vehicles will get Deluxe version,can transform to robots,but I think Deluxe version can't combine.
And he's not very sure about the members number.

And he mentioned Optimus Prime and Jetfire combine,but no details.

ok thats sucks!!!
Re: Possible ROTF Constructicon Gestalt Toy Details (828467)
Posted by Asphalt22 on November 5th, 2008 @ 6:07am CST
I could deal with that. Would certainly save a lot on purchase costs.
Re: Possible ROTF Constructicon Gestalt Toy Details (828491)
Posted by TheMuffin on November 5th, 2008 @ 6:37am CST
That sounds retarded. Either do it right or don't do it at all.
Re: Possible ROTF Constructicon Gestalt Toy Details (828496)
Posted by Senor Hugo on November 5th, 2008 @ 6:44am CST
Hmmmm....

Go go BayFormers!

They've got
A budget and a script
that you've never seen before.
They've got
the ablilty to combine
and to make a bunch of explosions.
No one will ever take them down
the power lies in their cgi.

Go Go BayFormers
Mighty Morphin Michael Bay Formers!

He knows
the fate of the movie is
lying in his hands
He knows to only use his
explosions for everything
no one will ever take him
down the power lies on his side

Go Go Michael Bay
Go Go Michael Bay
Go Go Michael Bay
you Movie Makin' Michael Bay

Some one will hopefully
take him down
the power lies in a better script

Mighty Morphin BayFormers

Mighty Morphin BayFormers

Go Go BayFormers
Re: Possible ROTF Constructicon Gestalt Toy Details (828502)
Posted by The Chronic on November 5th, 2008 @ 6:56am CST
Can't belive he found a way to ruin the Constructicons :-(

Im not overly bothered about what the do in the movie but I was so looking forward to geting some decent Constucticon toys, looks like I'll be sticking with my energon/classics
Re: Possible ROTF Constructicon Gestalt Toy Details (828527)
Posted by rpetras on November 5th, 2008 @ 7:31am CST
Sadly for me, I'm not a fan of the classics constructicons. I don't like the limb reuse, the colors for those copycat limbs, or the fact that there are only 5 of 'em. (Energon Superion isn't too bad)

The closest I can find are the RID/Universe 1.0 set, and they only have 4 bots, one of which is purple. :roll:

Using Energon Demolisher and Universe Grindcore and replacing purple Scavenger with RID Grimlock, I have 6 decent, but non-combining Constructicons. I'll live with that till they do it right. :|
Re: Possible ROTF Constructicon Gestalt Toy Details (828531)
Posted by Point on November 5th, 2008 @ 7:33am CST
While I'll go see the movie multiple times, I'm OUT on the toys (except for Prime and Starscream). Like last year, this next year will be a time to catch up on my vintage stuff. I just don't like the movie anesthetic. While I'm trying to avoid spoilers it's kinda hard and this was something I've been looking forward to (a GIANT DEVASTATOR) but if they're gonna screw it up like this then I'll just stay away all together.
Re: Possible ROTF Constructicon Gestalt Toy Details (828532)
Posted by plusapopsicle on November 5th, 2008 @ 7:34am CST
Aww...what?! That sounds mega stupid!
Re: Possible ROTF Constructicon Gestalt Toy Details (828537)
Posted by Covenant on November 5th, 2008 @ 7:37am CST
Well.....that completely sucks.
Re: Possible ROTF Constructicon Gestalt Toy Details (828538)
Posted by Mkall on November 5th, 2008 @ 7:38am CST
One Word: LAME!
Re: Possible ROTF Constructicon Gestalt Toy Details (828542)
Posted by JaZzTaStIc on November 5th, 2008 @ 7:44am CST
well gd bye to super kool supreme devastator toy....bay u did it again

if this is true i won't even look twice at them, mega disappointment, talk about cuttin corners to save dosh
Re: Possible ROTF Constructicon Gestalt Toy Details (828545)
Posted by Counterpunch on November 5th, 2008 @ 7:48am CST
Iron-Man wrote:That sounds retarded. Either do it right or don't do it at all.

Word up.

...and the number of new movie toys I will be buying now goes down by 9.
Re: Possible ROTF Constructicon Gestalt Toy Details (828553)
Posted by TheMuffin on November 5th, 2008 @ 8:01am CST
I don't get why people are blaming Bay for Hasbro's decision to do two versions of the same toys. Can someone explain this to me? Instead of engineering the deluxe figures to combine, they took the cheap way out. Some people just love to hate for the sake of hating it seems.
Re: Possible ROTF Constructicon Gestalt Toy Details (828558)
Posted by D-340 on November 5th, 2008 @ 8:12am CST
I don't why anyone is bitching, PERIOD. Energon Prime was a great toy, and pulled off the Energon gimmick well. But if the combiner version doesn't suit you, you have the DLXs. If this is true, there's gonna be both, so what's the problem?

Personally, I love the idea. I buy the combiner version, which will most likely best represent the combined appearance in the movie, and save $90 USD. And being disposable income is at a premium these days, this makes me REAL happy.
Re: Possible ROTF Constructicon Gestalt Toy Details (828559)
Posted by TheMuffin on November 5th, 2008 @ 8:15am CST
Re: Possible ROTF Constructicon Gestalt Toy Details (828564)
Posted by D-340 on November 5th, 2008 @ 8:22am CST
Iron-Man wrote:My problem is the fact that Hasbro/Tomy had the chance to finally make an absolutely amazing combiner out of deluxe figures, and they opted to go the cheaper route.

Eh, this is Hasbro though, so a 9 Con(if it is 9) combiner would be over there heads. Oh well, I'm still for the E Prime style, also considering that 9 Cons(again, if it's 9) won't get equal characterization. One, maybe two will be focused on, and the rest are just there for the purpose of the team.
Re: Possible ROTF Constructicon Gestalt Toy Details (828565)
Posted by darth_primal on November 5th, 2008 @ 8:22am CST
i already have energon prime. I don't want another one!
Re: Possible ROTF Constructicon Gestalt Toy Details (828570)
Posted by Skowl on November 5th, 2008 @ 8:39am CST
I wish the people whose knee-jerk reaction is to cry out "lame" and "stupid" would just stop and think about this for a second.

If Hasbro was to make a Supreme-sized combiner out of seven construction vehicles that are each supposed to transform individually, the whole thing would be an unstabble nightmare. By keeping the combiner version "vehicles-only" you are removing a design element that would simply get in the way of a screen accurate Devastator. Think about the movie style for a second, Devastator is not going to be an old "one robot: one limb" combiner, he's going to be more complex than that, and when it comes to the toy, the less things the designers have to worry about, the better it will be.

From Hasbro's point of view, this is the best way to ensure that a Supreme-sized Devastator would actually be... you know, a screen-accurate toy with actually playability - not an unstable, jumbled up mess of seven transforming figures that would come apart in your hand due to all the joints and parts that would have to connect every which way.
Re: Possible ROTF Constructicon Gestalt Toy Details (828572)
Posted by Iron Prime on November 5th, 2008 @ 8:43am CST
I see you point, Skowl. But I'm still really disappointed. As soon as they said 9 constructicons I started to worry, for this very reason...

Hopefully I'm wrong and they can pull this off some how...

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #245 - On a Boat
"On a Boat"
Posted: Saturday, April 4th, 2020

Buy "TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME FREIGHTLINER 1:48 SCALE GO WITH O-GAUGE LIONEL TRAIN" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME WESTERN STAR 1:48 SCALE GO WITH O-GAUGE LIONEL TRAIN" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Loyal Subjects 8" Action Vinyl: Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Rare GO BOTS ROAD RANGER OPTIMUS PRIME Bandai 1983 TRANSFORMERS MR-18" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS AUTOBOT WHIRL 30TH ANNIVERSARY 2014 Sealed Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Siege War for Cybertron Deluxe Class, Ratchet  (Exclusive)" on EBAY
Buy "Loyal Subjects Transformers Trailbreaker, Swoop,Wheeljack, & Sludge Wave 3 Set" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AoE Drift Hasbro TF4 Age of Extinction Autobot Voyager Class MISB" on EBAY