Power Core Combiners - $7 at Target

Power Core Combiners - $7 at Target

Sunday, October 17th, 2010 5:08pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 33,580

On the fence about Power Core Combiners? Target is offering a sale on the 2-Pack price point this week, bringing the price down to a mere $7. If you haven't decided to give the science and madness a shot, now is the time! You may even find the sublime Wave 2 Leadfoot, Sledge, and Icepick.

Seibertron.com is your ultimate Transformers resource!

Credit(s): Target

Re: Power Core Combiners - $7 at Target (1136891)
Posted by Ballistic90 on October 17th, 2010 @ 5:21pm CDT
I'd recommend Leadfoot. He's the best PCC I've seen.
Re: Power Core Combiners - $7 at Target (1136893)
Posted by shockwave13 on October 17th, 2010 @ 5:32pm CDT
Not to hijack this thread.

The PCC 5 pack are going for $15. Not sure if it has been mentioned. In case anyone is interested.

Combaticons

Aerialbots

I noticed only one set of Double Clutch w/ Rallybots and one set of Mudslinger with Destructicons during my visit to a local Target. The rest are Aerialbots and Combaticons.
Re: Power Core Combiners - $7 at Target (1136894)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on October 17th, 2010 @ 5:44pm CDT
Ooh, I'll buy Leadfoot at that price. I have the others already.

I love Huffer's pose in that ad! Autobots On Ice!
Re: Power Core Combiners - $7 at Target (1136895)
Posted by Slayershoop on October 17th, 2010 @ 5:46pm CDT
Hmm... might have to pick some up,

in other news, I lulzed at how horribly mistransformed the two in the ad are.
Re: Power Core Combiners - $7 at Target (1136900)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on October 17th, 2010 @ 6:00pm CDT
The only reason I don't like them is because there scout size
Re: Power Core Combiners - $7 at Target (1136901)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on October 17th, 2010 @ 6:05pm CDT
A nice deal, but I think they're only doing it to get rid of all those Huffers and Searchlights they overstocked on. Don't think for a second that they'll put wave 2 on the shelves while this sale is in effect. I have access to five Targets locally and never found anything beyond wave one at any of them. I ended up purchasing all my wave 2 sets at Meijers and Y'All-Marts.
Re: Power Core Combiners - $7 at Target (1136902)
Posted by Megazarak on October 17th, 2010 @ 6:06pm CDT
I got myself all of the Wave 1 figures recently and I really like them all. One of the only problems was the little armoured car drone with Bombshock that kept coming off the peg, but that was easily remedied by a bit of superglue (since it was the drone with the problem, I put just a bit of glue where it should hold the peg in the inside of the car, and it's now tight enough to stay solidly on). If you're skeptical about these guys I would urge you to pick up at least one of them just to see if you like them. My personal favourite of wave 1 (of the 2-packs) is Smolder, who looks good and comes with a really cool mini-con. At this price, even if you end up not liking them, it would not be a big deal. Who knows though, you may even become a fan of PCCs if you give them a chance.

If you do see the Wave 2 2-packs though, they're even better than wave 1 so you may be better off getting them. And if you do end up missing wave 1, it isn't that big a deal, since, if it ever gets released, wave 3 (all repaints of wave 1) will be around soon.
Re: Power Core Combiners - $7 at Target (1136910)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on October 17th, 2010 @ 6:31pm CDT
Ummm...is Huffer running up to kick Caliburst for a field goal?

Yeah, I like how the photographers put his combined-head up. Reminds me of an ad in the G2 days that had blue Silverbolt and yellow Onslaught with Superion and Bruticus heads and all the other gestalt kibble attached, but none of their minions because only the leaders were on sale, and someone missed the point. I can't remember what store; wish I'd saved it.

Targets are normally the first to get TFs anywhere near Detroit, but I too have only seen the Rallybots and Destrons at Smiley-Mart, and the defensive ring of Meijers-es that had been keeping them out...until a virus began killing all of our good malls and the parasitic Walton-virus began taking root on their carcasses. *sniff* I think Wonderland mall was where I first saw TFTM too.

Yeah, I know Walmart isn't technically more evil than any other chain store, if you're non-union. I just don't like them.

But keep your optics peeled this week; someone at Target could easily slip up and put out wave 2 by Saturday.
Re: Power Core Combiners - $7 at Target (1136920)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on October 17th, 2010 @ 6:57pm CDT
Dang it!

I just paid full price to replace my broken Smolder this afternoon.
Re: Power Core Combiners - $7 at Target (1136921)
Posted by OptiMagnus on October 17th, 2010 @ 6:58pm CDT
Also, if you're not sure whether you want a PCC or not, go ahead and get yourself a two-pack. You won't regret it. Much better than getting a single scout figure in my opinion. The scouts just don't appeal to me.
Re: Power Core Combiners - $7 at Target (1136982)
Posted by Sideswipe 00 on October 17th, 2010 @ 10:10pm CDT
Re: Power Core Combiners - $7 at Target (1136988)
Posted by LiKwid on October 17th, 2010 @ 11:03pm CDT
Ive had Leadfoot, icepick and sledge for a few months now..Found at a wal mart when the pcc's first came out, or at least when they got them..Took a bit of hustlin since they weren't in the comp yet but they let em go.. I have to say leadfoot is my fav followed by sledge..I wish they would make some deluxe versions of some of these guys, the size tends not to do them justice..
Re: Power Core Combiners - $7 at Target (1137058)
Posted by Ironhide516 on October 18th, 2010 @ 8:13am CDT
I found that Huffer fits in nicely with my Classics/Universe collection, especially being scout size; being a small figure like G1. So definately recommend to add him to your Classics set, just paint that stupid neon blue black, & I stuffed Caliburst away in my weapons/accessories box.
Re: Power Core Combiners - $7 at Target (1137097)
Posted by Solrac333 on October 18th, 2010 @ 10:28am CDT
Even if they were giving it away, I would return it and exchange it for something else.
Re: Power Core Combiners - $7 at Target (1137134)
Posted by rpetras on October 18th, 2010 @ 11:48am CDT
OptiMagnus10 wrote:Wow this is great! I want the refreshed version of Huffer, and I hope I can get my first five pack when the go on sale.

5-packs are on sale for $15 at Target and Walmart as well. (at least at mine)

I'm really liking these. I liked the commander + minicon figs, but I finally bought a couple of the 5 packs, since they were on sale, and they are FUN.

My son and I rip them apart and recreate then in different configurations.

I have not had this much fun with any TFs in a while.
Re: Power Core Combiners - $7 at Target (1137175)
Posted by OptiMagnus on October 18th, 2010 @ 2:11pm CDT
Sideswipe 00 wrote:I totally forgot which is the Huffer variant? the orange hood or the non orange hood? but anyways picking up my favorites though tomorrow :D

The yellow hood is the new variant. We assume that the miscolored solid orange was a design flaw that was soon fixed. So make sure you look at Huffer's back to make sure it is the version you want before you buy.
Re: Power Core Combiners - $7 at Target (1137179)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on October 18th, 2010 @ 2:37pm CDT
still only wave 1 pccs are at my local target :(

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers HUB Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse: MEGATRON (Unopened) Series 1 003" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Speedster Boulder Flip Racers Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Medix The Doc-Bot Figure Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Stealth Force Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DOTM CYBERVERSE COMMANDER CLASS MEGATRON LEFT DOUBLE CANNON WEAPON" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Decepticon Runuamuck Runabout MIB in US in Hand free ship" on EBAY