Replacement Face for FansProject Protector by DR. WU

Replacement Face for FansProject Protector by DR. WU

Saturday, October 29th, 2011 2:13pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 45,116

In yet another case of an upgrade for an upgrade, new third-party company DR. WU appears be to working on a replacement face plate for FansProject's Protector upgrade set for Classics Rodimus. Images from ACToys mirrored below.

Credit(s): ACToys

This article was last modified on Saturday, October 29th, 2011 4:35pm CDT

Re: Replacement Face for FansProject Protector by DR. WU (1306480)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on October 29th, 2011 @ 2:45pm CDT
Hmmm, not sure if want, I'm fine with the face he has.
Re: Replacement Face for FansProject Protector by DR. WU (1306485)
Posted by GetRightRobot on October 29th, 2011 @ 2:56pm CDT
Granted, Fansproject did the job of engineering this wonderful and complicated upgrade, and all this guy did was face.... I like it. Sorry FP, but this looks good. Not taking anything away from FP, they did a bang up job, but the face has always been a sore spot for me. Might be this....
Re: Replacement Face for FansProject Protector by DR. WU (1306494)
Posted by Badassimus Prime on October 29th, 2011 @ 3:30pm CDT
You have my attention
Re: Replacement Face for FansProject Protector by DR. WU (1306498)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 29th, 2011 @ 3:47pm CDT
Re: Replacement Face for FansProject Protector by DR. WU (1306502)
Posted by StryderPrime on October 29th, 2011 @ 4:06pm CDT
I dont see nuthing wrong with the original....

Granted...if they made Hot Rod twin pistols to combine to form Rodimus gun or sumthing with this new head then i will buy it.
Re: Replacement Face for FansProject Protector by DR. WU (1306504)
Posted by kirbenvost on October 29th, 2011 @ 4:16pm CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:Call me an idiot but I'm struggling to see the point in this. As far as I can tell the only difference is that the eyes are slightly smaller. Is it meant to cover the Classics/Henkei/RTS Hot Rod head more so there isn't that chin/neck thing going on?

Most of the face is pretty different, a little more G1 looking.

I like this new face. If it's well-painted and cheap I might buy it.
Re: Replacement Face for FansProject Protector by DR. WU (1306505)
Posted by Solrac333 on October 29th, 2011 @ 4:16pm CDT
I'm fine with what FP did.
Re: Replacement Face for FansProject Protector by DR. WU (1306508)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 29th, 2011 @ 4:25pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:

Most of the face is pretty different, a little more G1 looking.

I like this new face. If it's well-painted and cheap I might buy it.

"Nngh!!! Well... since you... put it that way..."

I do actually like this new face myself now. If the quality is good and they get the colours right then I'll bite. I imagine it won't be that expensive.
Re: Replacement Face for FansProject Protector by DR. WU (1306510)
Posted by Autobot032 on October 29th, 2011 @ 4:28pm CDT
Re: Replacement Face for FansProject Protector by DR. WU (1306515)
Posted by RodimalToyota on October 29th, 2011 @ 5:03pm CDT
So a 3rd Party is making a 3rd party part for a 3rd party piece...?

to quote brains..

This is a cluster f..
Re: Replacement Face for FansProject Protector by DR. WU (1306517)
Posted by Mkall on October 29th, 2011 @ 5:12pm CDT
If it's made easily available, I shall pick it up. If I have to go through hoops to get it, then I shall pass.
RodimalToyota wrote:So a 3rd Party is making a 3rd party part for a 3rd party piece...?

to quote brains..

This is a cluster f..

To Quote Leman Russ
It's not the first time
Re: Replacement Face for FansProject Protector by DR. WU (1306522)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on October 29th, 2011 @ 5:30pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:This is one upgrade I think needed to be made. The original face is okay, but this...this is what it should've looked like.

I agree. The face on Protector should have looked more like this upgrade to begin with.
Re: Replacement Face for FansProject Protector by DR. WU (1306526)
Posted by Anonymous on October 29th, 2011 @ 5:34pm CDT
hey this face looks pretty good. If it covers the chin of classics Rodimus and the paint job is good I might get it.
Re: Replacement Face for FansProject Protector by DR. WU (1306532)
Posted by Shadowstream on October 29th, 2011 @ 5:48pm CDT

Next.
Re: Replacement Face for FansProject Protector by DR. WU (1306549)
Posted by GetRightRobot on October 29th, 2011 @ 6:47pm CDT
Shadowstream wrote:I'll be honest... I never liked G1 Rodimus Prime's face, which is why I'm more than fine with the fact that FP didn't replicate it. Still, people will be picky and want this thing anyway to make their protectors MORE GEEWUN, but to me it's a waste of plastic.

Next.

YES! MORE G1. Always more G1. :lol:
Re: Replacement Face for FansProject Protector by DR. WU (1306567)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on October 29th, 2011 @ 7:39pm CDT
Bah, waste of money here. I like the original face just fine. =;
Re: Replacement Face for FansProject Protector by DR. WU (1306611)
Posted by NTESHFT on October 29th, 2011 @ 9:54pm CDT
I like the face I have.
Re: Replacement Face for FansProject Protector by DR. WU (1306612)
Posted by Kibble on October 29th, 2011 @ 10:15pm CDT
Even left unpainted, this one looks way better. If it's reasonably priced, it's as good as bought.
Re: Replacement Face for FansProject Protector by DR. WU (1306635)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on October 29th, 2011 @ 11:10pm CDT
Hey, a replacement face for a FP product that doesn't look like crap!

It looks like it might cover up Hot Rod's face as well...
Re: Replacement Face for FansProject Protector by DR. WU (1306642)
Posted by Rated X on October 29th, 2011 @ 11:40pm CDT
definatally worth buying if the price is right. Sometimes Fansproject goes a little to far left field to be original as with Protectors head. Time for a G1 upgrade.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Universe Starscream Generations Classics 25th Anniversary Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alternity Suzuki Swift Sport Gold Bug A-03 Goldbug USEd=D" on EBAY
Buy "FLAME TOYS Transformers Kkk Tarn Af Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron  Combaticons COMPLETE BRUTICUS" on EBAY
Buy "JAZZ Transformers Generations Studio Series The Movie Deluxe Class 86-01 MIB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS DELUXE TRAILBREAKER GOOD SIZE FOR SIEGE" on EBAY
Buy "(2) STERLING TRANSFORMER CORP ST26744 TRANSFORMERS NEW. Govt  5950-00-442-5237" on EBAY
Buy "Blaster - Transformers Generation 1 Walmart Reissue - Brand New in Box" on EBAY