Robots in Disguise (2015) Warrior Class Grimlock Arm Fix Tutorial

Robots in Disguise (2015) Warrior Class Grimlock Arm Fix Tutorial

Tuesday, March 24th, 2015 2:46pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Site Articles
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 32,951

Robots In Disguise Warrior Class (Deluxe) Grimlock has a well known problem with his arm assembly in which the gray piece of plastic that functions as a ratchet will become loose and even dislodged, causing problems such as stressing the forearm plastic and causing the forearms to become loose and droop, and possibly even break if it gums up badly.

Seibertron has posted a video tutorial on how to fix this problem and even get rid of the stress marks so you can get your awesome Grimlock figure back to it's minty freshness.

You can watch the YouTube tutorial in the embed below, check out our gallery of Warrior Class Grimlock here and discuss the figure and it's issue here.

Credit(s): Seibertron.com

Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Warrior Class Grimlock Arm Fix Tutorial (1666561)
Posted by Cobotron on March 24th, 2015 @ 6:53pm CDT
NICE!
thanks for the fix-it vid Boss! ;)
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Warrior Class Grimlock Arm Fix Tutorial (1666588)
Posted by PrymeStriker on March 24th, 2015 @ 8:31pm CDT
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Warrior Class Grimlock Arm Fix Tutorial (1666592)
Posted by Cobotron on March 24th, 2015 @ 8:48pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:...So, when's wave 3 of the Warriors comin' 'round? I'm juiced to get my hands on Jazz and Sideswipe. Was there a planned release date revealed at their unveiling, or do we just wait around until someone finds 'em?
Right!?! We need some dirt on these guys. I don't even think we know what wave their in, do we?
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Warrior Class Grimlock Arm Fix Tutorial (1666642)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 25th, 2015 @ 12:19am CDT
I don't know about Jazz (I'll probably cave) but I definitely want Sideswipe. I have almost the entire Autobot lineup, so far and it feels odd not having Sideswipe to stand with them.
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Warrior Class Grimlock Arm Fix Tutorial (1666920)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on March 25th, 2015 @ 2:42pm CDT

Didn't they say late summer early fall? I remember reading September.
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Warrior Class Grimlock Arm Fix Tutorial (1667028)
Posted by PrymeStriker on March 25th, 2015 @ 7:03pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Didn't they say late summer early fall? I remember reading September.

That's a bit disappointing. I assumed, since Wave 2 came so quickly after Wave 1, that we'd see them within a month or so.

That's okay. I guess I can spend the summer grabbing Adventure Bee and Strongarm while disappointingly finding someone snagged Drift and left a sea of Optimi in every Target in the area.
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Warrior Class Grimlock Arm Fix Tutorial (1667149)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on March 26th, 2015 @ 12:27am CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Didn't they say late summer early fall? I remember reading September.

Wave two didn't hit that quickly. Wave 1 was late December, early January while Wave 2 started trickling out late February, early March.
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Warrior Class Grimlock Arm Fix Tutorial (1667298)
Posted by Kyleor on March 26th, 2015 @ 9:33am CDT
What exactly is the 'boiling water trick' and can you use a hairdryer instead of a heatgun? Doesn't throwing heat on the figure make the logo sticker lift?
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Warrior Class Grimlock Arm Fix Tutorial (1667455)
Posted by PrymeStriker on March 26th, 2015 @ 3:14pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Didn't they say late summer early fall? I remember reading September.

Hmm. Dunno. I started seeing Wave 1 in early January and Wave 2/Optimus Prime came smack in the middle of February. Just figured they'd be around by now. Oh well.
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Warrior Class Grimlock Arm Fix Tutorial (1667458)
Posted by Cobotron on March 26th, 2015 @ 3:26pm CDT

Were there any dates for the minicons and their launchers?
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Warrior Class Grimlock Arm Fix Tutorial (1667535)
Posted by PrymeStriker on March 26th, 2015 @ 6:11pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:So if that's wave 3. I wonder what wave 4 will be, or if there will be one at all.

Were there any dates for the minicons and their launchers?

Wave 4 is supposed to be Fracture and "Megatronus," whoever the hell you want to imagine that is.
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Warrior Class Grimlock Arm Fix Tutorial (1667543)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on March 26th, 2015 @ 6:24pm CDT
Is this whole toy line done in only 4 waves?
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Warrior Class Grimlock Arm Fix Tutorial (1667555)
Posted by PrymeStriker on March 26th, 2015 @ 6:54pm CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:Is this whole toy line done in only 4 waves?

Personally, I wouldn't mind as I only plan to collect the Autobots and, so far, all the 'bots have been booked. However, there's probably going to be more considering "Dinobots" and more returning Prime characters are planned. I'd expect a new toy line for each season, just like what Prime did.
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Warrior Class Grimlock Arm Fix Tutorial (1667558)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on March 26th, 2015 @ 7:03pm CDT
Hopefully they won't have a mostly horrible change like Beast Hunters did. Some of the ugliest toys. They looked to me like someone made lazy customs with kibble bits and super glue.
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Warrior Class Grimlock Arm Fix Tutorial (1667676)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on March 27th, 2015 @ 12:55am CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:Is this whole toy line done in only 4 waves?

Maybe for this year/season. It seems like with AOE Hasbro is going for shorter lines with more figures in each wave.
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Warrior Class Grimlock Arm Fix Tutorial (1667794)
Posted by william-james88 on March 27th, 2015 @ 10:23am CDT
We got a slew of new images today, from all over the internet, of some upcoming Robots in Disguise products. All with the exception of Hyperchange Steeljaw were already revealed at the New York Toy Fair but these give us an idea of how their packaging looks like.

Images for Hyperchange Steeljaw, Mega 1-Step Optimus Prime, Deployers Fracture and Drift, Minicon Slipstream, and Super Bumblebee were found at Amazon.ca and Wind Designs.

The mirrored images are below.

Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Warrior Class Grimlock Arm Fix Tutorial (1667802)
Posted by Siger on March 27th, 2015 @ 10:43am CDT
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Warrior Class Grimlock Arm Fix Tutorial (1667806)
Posted by william-james88 on March 27th, 2015 @ 10:47am CDT
Siger wrote:Well I hope the kids enjoy this line of toys and buy them up. I think the aesthetics would have turned me off after I was 9-10, but that's just me.

Perfect, because that's exactly what Hasbro said they were targetting with these. They said these toys were made:

When we looked at kids 5-9

After that, they can pick up the generations toys.
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Warrior Class Grimlock Arm Fix Tutorial (1667807)
Posted by Rated X on March 27th, 2015 @ 10:51am CDT
This is where all that extra plastic goes before it ends up on clearance and in the thrift shop by 2016. Hasbro should just eliminate simplified toys and just do one version of each character for all ages. In the 80's we didn't have 10 different Primes and 20 different Bumblebees. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Warrior Class Grimlock Arm Fix Tutorial (1667809)
Posted by Kyleor on March 27th, 2015 @ 10:58am CDT
I wonder how well all the add-on bits for the minicons will fit on other figures.

If I remember correctly in one of the videos where the new minicons were shown, isn't there some kind of 'new figure' you can build out of the add-on bits if you get all the minicons?

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Cyberverse Decepticon Scraplet Figure Lot of 4 New 2018" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege BRUNT War For Cybertron Deluxe Class AUTHENTIC HASBRO 2018" on EBAY
Buy "2009 Hasbro Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Decepticon Stalker Scorponok NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Thunderhowl Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Deluxe Class Hasbro 2020 BAF #8" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Action Attackers 1-Step Changer SKY-BYTE Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MPM-4 Optimus Prime - Takara Movie Masterpiece" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Toy/Figures Lot - Bumblebee, Jazz, and Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE # 142 MARVEL COMICS November 1993 SNAKE EYES TRANSFORMERS LOW PRINT RUN" on EBAY