RotF Devastator 'Vehicle and Clarification Chart'

RotF Devastator 'Vehicle and Clarification Chart'

Thursday, July 16th, 2009 9:16pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 62,312

TFG2 gives us an interesting size comparison of the components that make up Devastator, in this 'Devastator Vehicle and Clarification Chart'

Re: Robot size comparison of ROTF Constructicons

Devastator's seven components are; Scavenger, Long Haul, Hightower, Scrapper, Mixmaster, Rampage and Overload.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for your latest RotF news and updates!

Credit(s): Real Devastator, TFG2.com

Re: RotF Devastator 'Vehicle and Clarification Chart' (956604)
Posted by jaws on July 16th, 2009 @ 9:29pm CDT
It looks like the EZ Collection Devastator might be the most accurately sized; the chart really clarifies size issues. The Scavenger vehicle is just huge.

Does anyone know how big voyager Long Haul's dump truck mode is when compared to deluxe Rampage,
voyagers Mixmaster and Demolisher?
Re: RotF Devastator 'Vehicle and Clarification Chart' (956607)
Posted by Down_Shift on July 16th, 2009 @ 9:40pm CDT
Meh' I'm not all that impressed by it. It's nothing we haven't seen before.
Re: RotF Devastator 'Vehicle and Clarification Chart' (956613)
Posted by Mirage22 on July 16th, 2009 @ 9:53pm CDT
Re: RotF Devastator 'Vehicle and Clarification Chart' (956617)
Posted by Smokescreen85 on July 16th, 2009 @ 9:59pm CDT
Mirage22 wrote:Sweet. But it seems weird how Long Haul is that small in alt mode and he gets that big when transformed :???: And what does W.I.P mean? Probably somethin' obvious, but i'm just missin' it. :P

It means Work In Progress.
Re: RotF Devastator 'Vehicle and Clarification Chart' (956618)
Posted by Mirage22 on July 16th, 2009 @ 10:02pm CDT
Smokescreen GT wrote:

It means Work In Progress.

Right. Thank you. lol. Stupid me 8-}
Re: RotF Devastator 'Vehicle and Clarification Chart' (956622)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on July 16th, 2009 @ 10:09pm CDT
Re: RotF Devastator 'Vehicle and Clarification Chart' (956628)
Posted by Mach on July 16th, 2009 @ 10:18pm CDT
Lapse Of Reason wrote:I have the figure so if anyone needs to know something about it just ask or pm me.

U have which figure? Overload?
Re: RotF Devastator 'Vehicle and Clarification Chart' (956632)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on July 16th, 2009 @ 10:32pm CDT
I don't think that's very accurate, look at the size difference between Long Haul's alt and robot modes, and Rampage to Devastators leg.
Re: RotF Devastator 'Vehicle and Clarification Chart' (956641)
Posted by LordBludgeon on July 16th, 2009 @ 10:38pm CDT
Thank you for the amazing post!
Re: RotF Devastator 'Vehicle and Clarification Chart' (956645)
Posted by UltraPrimal on July 16th, 2009 @ 10:41pm CDT
I don't think we've seen much of the robot modes for the 2 in the middle. I think all we've seen is crappy pics of the Legends class toys. I really like the looks of those 2.
Re: RotF Devastator 'Vehicle and Clarification Chart' (956646)
Posted by Starscream on July 16th, 2009 @ 10:42pm CDT
No mass-shifting my ass! ! god damn this movie
Re: RotF Devastator 'Vehicle and Clarification Chart' (956660)
Posted by tarZen on July 16th, 2009 @ 11:10pm CDT
I don't get the point of this chart. Is it supposed to illustrate the mass change? Just compare LongHaul's tyres in vehicle and robot mode. Does he pump them up with air as he transforms? Maybe all them are just full of air in robot mode.
Re: RotF Devastator 'Vehicle and Clarification Chart' (956684)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 16th, 2009 @ 11:52pm CDT

Not to mention that they've got Overload and Rampage incorrectly colored yellow instead of red.
Re: RotF Devastator 'Vehicle and Clarification Chart' (956692)
Posted by bowerprime73 on July 17th, 2009 @ 12:12am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:WHY is Demolishor's vehicle mode shown instead of Scavenger's? He didn't form part of Devastator, Scavenger did. Demolishor is white and Scavenger is red. Are they trying to confuse us even more?

If you actually take notice, that excavator's color is mostly red...which would make it Scavenger, although we never see him in robot mode.

I agree that Overload is colored wrong, but the Rampage component on Devastator was yellow. The actual character Rampage that fought 'Bee was red, probably so it was easier for the moviegoers to distinguish between him and 'Bee.
Re: RotF Devastator 'Vehicle and Clarification Chart' (956694)
Posted by bowerprime73 on July 17th, 2009 @ 12:15am CDT
bowerprime73 wrote:

Okay, that's my mistake on the excavator. Now that I've looked closer (I'm a dumbass), the alternate mode in the picture is white, but the robot mode is red.

I believe I am still correct about the Rampage component.
Re: RotF Devastator 'Vehicle and Clarification Chart' (956699)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 17th, 2009 @ 12:19am CDT
bowerprime73 wrote:
bowerprime73 wrote:

I believe I am still correct about the Rampage component.
The vehicle mode pic is Demolishor's, but the robot mode pic is Scanveger's.
Re: RotF Devastator 'Vehicle and Clarification Chart' (956703)
Posted by Jesterhead on July 17th, 2009 @ 12:29am CDT
I think the alt-mode to Devastator scale is dead on, but the alt-mode to robot are waaaaay off.
Re: RotF Devastator 'Vehicle and Clarification Chart' (956704)
Posted by Bumblebeast on July 17th, 2009 @ 12:29am CDT
Nah, they couldn't give us a decent devastator, they can't make it up now with charts and graphics.

My Devastator was a cool machine. Cool like Terminator, huge as King Kong. Not cool as King Kong and huge like Terminator. They got it all wrong.

Someone said "We need BALLS to make this character work !", and they went the literal way.

Individual constructicons i will buy them, but the multicoloured abomination - i pass.
Re: RotF Devastator 'Vehicle and Clarification Chart' (956711)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on July 17th, 2009 @ 12:53am CDT
Great...
Re: RotF Devastator 'Vehicle and Clarification Chart' (956747)
Posted by harvester on July 17th, 2009 @ 1:54am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
bowerprime73 wrote:
bowerprime73 wrote:

I believe I am still correct about the Rampage component.
The vehicle mode pic is Demolishor's, but the robot mode pic is Scanveger's.

The pics on the bottom are just reference photos for the artists/modelers, it has nothing to do with the movie other than they are using those vehicles for reference for the movie, not the literal vehicles that are pictured. The concept art is also temporary and just for concept. I think I agree with bowerprime73 on why they changed Rampage to red for the movie.

But yea, that change of size for Longhaul is ridiculous. If they weren't going to make a Constructicons with all 3 modes that combine, they could have at least gave us a consistent bot combo count. I really wish they would have worked Overload into the $100 gift set. I feel like I'd rather buy 3 sets of the Legends figs than the $100 big set.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers HUB Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse: MEGATRON (Unopened) Series 1 003" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Speedster Boulder Flip Racers Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Medix The Doc-Bot Figure Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Stealth Force Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DOTM CYBERVERSE COMMANDER CLASS MEGATRON LEFT DOUBLE CANNON WEAPON" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Decepticon Runuamuck Runabout MIB in US in Hand free ship" on EBAY