SDCC 2013 Coverage: Generations Starscream and Scoop, ConstructBots Predaking

SDCC 2013 Coverage: Generations Starscream and Scoop, ConstructBots Predaking

Thursday, July 18th, 2013 12:35pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Company News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 31,083

Directly from Ryan and the Hasbro displays, we get a look at some more upcoming figures from different lines. For Generations, Deluxe Armada-esque Starscream and G1-inspired Scoop; for the Constructbots, Predaking! Check out the images below.

SDCC 2013 Coverage: Armada Starscream, Scoop and ConstructBots Predaking

SDCC 2013 Coverage: Armada Starscream, Scoop and ConstructBots Predaking

SDCC 2013 Coverage: Armada Starscream, Scoop and ConstructBots Predaking

SDCC 2013 Coverage: Armada Starscream, Scoop and ConstructBots Predaking

SDCC 2013 Coverage: Armada Starscream, Scoop and ConstructBots Predaking

SDCC 2013 Coverage: Armada Starscream, Scoop and ConstructBots Predaking

SDCC 2013 Coverage: Armada Starscream, Scoop and ConstructBots Predaking

Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Generations Starscream and Scoop, ConstructBots Predaking (1504363)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 18th, 2013 @ 12:39pm CDT
Oh, that Armada Starscream is beautiful!!!

My only gripe it is that the sword(s) no longer form his wing. I hope the intakes fold onto his shoulder for a more accurate look. I'm immediately sold on this guy! :x

Scoop and pals are looking amazing as well! I would be surprised if we don't get him retooled into Scrapper. He would make a pretty nice Scrapper.

Now bring on Skywarp! :grin:

If I were to get Predaking, it would only be for the fact he has the black armor pieces (Seeker torso to boot as well!) I've been hoping for. Now for some purple and brown bits to complete the set... :grin:
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Generations Starscream and Scoop, ConstructBots Predaking (1504364)
Posted by GuyIncognito on July 18th, 2013 @ 12:41pm CDT
I can't tell if Scoop is Deluxe or Scout (Generations Legends) size.

Predaking looks like a Bionicle (even more-so than the other Constructbots).
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Generations Starscream and Scoop, ConstructBots Predaking (1504365)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 18th, 2013 @ 12:41pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:I can't tell if Scoop is Deluxe or Scout (Generations Legends) size.

He's supposed to be a Deluxe. That's what we were told back at BotCon.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Generations Starscream and Scoop, ConstructBots Predaking (1504366)
Posted by Convotron on July 18th, 2013 @ 12:42pm CDT
Scoop hits the button of my G1 nostalgia, though I didn't have a G1 Scoop. For some reason I can't explain, the toy looks great fun to me.

Armada Starscream looks neat but I don't have a connection to the Armada toys.

Construct-Bots Predaking looks like more Construct-Bot goodness to me so I'm pleased.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Generations Starscream and Scoop, ConstructBots Predaking (1504369)
Posted by Megazarak on July 18th, 2013 @ 12:45pm CDT
Really cool looking Armada Starscream! The swords still coming from his wings is a cool homage even if his whole wing can no longer turn into a sword. I wonder what you can do with those parts on his back? Hopefully they can still come up as cannons. Scoop also looks pretty great with his little two pals.

If Armada Starscream has a chance I'm really hoping Energon Scorponok gets a chance in Generations! Hopefully we see more updated Unicron Trilogy characters.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Generations Starscream and Scoop, ConstructBots Predaking (1504370)
Posted by STINGRAY749 on July 18th, 2013 @ 12:46pm CDT

Scoop looks cool to.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Generations Starscream and Scoop, ConstructBots Predaking (1504371)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 18th, 2013 @ 12:48pm CDT
Megazarak wrote:Really cool looking Armada Starscream! The swords still coming from his wings is a cool homage even if his whole wing can no longer turn into a sword. I wonder what you can do with those parts on his back?

Wait, what? The swords store inside the wings? I thought they made up what used to be his thrusters in jet mode! :shock:

Hopefully we see more updated Unicron Trilogy characters.

This so many times. I'd like to see Red Alert, Demolishor, and Cyclonus.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Generations Starscream and Scoop, ConstructBots Predaking (1504372)
Posted by CADimusPrimus on July 18th, 2013 @ 12:53pm CDT
excited for the scoop. Based on the pic, that looks like its hand painted. I guess since the prototype was shown via pic at BotCon, that if it is in color is probably hand painted. Regardless, looks good and if that is the color scheme, it looks nice and i'll expect it in a flatter or more satin like finish
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Generations Starscream and Scoop, ConstructBots Predaking (1504374)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 18th, 2013 @ 12:55pm CDT
STINGRAY749 wrote:That Starscream looks awesome but my one nitpick would be that those colors are not even close to being accurate. I hope those aren't the final colors or I hope Takara's will be show accurate.

I'd say the colors are pretty decent. I wish there was more silver/gray on the legs, and the red was more like this. The red seen here feels like it has a touch of orange.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Generations Starscream and Scoop, ConstructBots Predaking (1504375)
Posted by Maquese on July 18th, 2013 @ 12:56pm CDT
No vehicle mode shot of Starscream? Looks really nice though; I'd pick it up. Scoop looks like a nice figure even if it seems like an odd choice to update.

The ConstructBots don't really do it for me, but that Predaking is nice. I will admit my first thought was G1 Predaking. :P
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Generations Starscream and Scoop, ConstructBots Predaking (1504376)
Posted by RAcast on July 18th, 2013 @ 12:56pm CDT

Scoop looks cool to.

Besides the black detailing around the intakes on his pecs, shoulders, and the chinstrap, and that the lower legs should be grey instead of black, what's he missing? Looks right to me. :lol: It's hardly "not even close."
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Generations Starscream and Scoop, ConstructBots Predaking (1504377)
Posted by Erailea on July 18th, 2013 @ 12:56pm CDT

Scoop looks cool to.

Might just be the camera. Red it one of those obnoxious colors that doesn't like showing up properly / in its rightful hue.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Generations Starscream and Scoop, ConstructBots Predaking (1504378)
Posted by Megazarak on July 18th, 2013 @ 12:58pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

Hopefully we see more updated Unicron Trilogy characters.

This so many times. I'd like to see Red Alert, Demolishor, and Cyclonus.

You can see some translucent pieces under the wings which I'm pretty sure are the swords.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Generations Starscream and Scoop, ConstructBots Predaking (1504380)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 18th, 2013 @ 1:02pm CDT
Maquese wrote:No vehicle mode shot of Starscream? Looks really nice though.

Courtesy of TFW2005:

Hopefully the arms can actually be swiveled to the correct position in jet mode without making too much of a hindrance.
Megazarak wrote:No, actually I think they're under the wings. I'm basing this assumption on this pic from TFW.

Yeah, I see it now. I saw the translucent thrusters on the jet mode in another of TFW2005's image set and that's what I assumed.

Awesome that the swords still store in the wings. That's one gripe taken down a significant notch! :grin:
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Generations Starscream and Scoop, ConstructBots Predaking (1504381)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 18th, 2013 @ 1:04pm CDT
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Generations Starscream and Scoop, ConstructBots Predaking (1504382)
Posted by Superwheeljack on July 18th, 2013 @ 1:04pm CDT
Holy scrap, that Armada Starscream and Scoop look FLIPPING AWESOME!!!!!!! =P~ :x
Cb Predaking doesn't look that bad!
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Generations Starscream and Scoop, ConstructBots Predaking (1504383)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 18th, 2013 @ 1:04pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Screamer's got too much red. He needs more color-contrast like the original toy had. Some more black ought to do it.

Honestly, I feel that he needs more gray than black. ;)
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Generations Starscream and Scoop, ConstructBots Predaking (1504384)
Posted by Va'al on July 18th, 2013 @ 1:05pm CDT
After the small preview from earlier, we now have the full photogallery for the Construct-Bots breakfast event, Seibertron-style! This also included a look at Generations Starscream and Scoop. Check it out by clicking here, or on any of the images below.

Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Generations Starscream and Scoop, ConstructBots Predaking (1504386)
Posted by Sir Soundwave42 on July 18th, 2013 @ 1:12pm CDT
Starscream looks amazing but I doubt he will see him packed with Swindle,but it does look like he has mini con ports on his arms so only time will tell.As for Scoop the robot mode looks like it belongs in the 80s cartoon which some may think is a good thing others a bad thing.I really would like to see a Decepticon repaint,then I may consider buying it.Constructacon colours would be perfect an would go well with ROTF MixMaster with G1 colours.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Generations Starscream and Scoop, ConstructBots Predaking (1504387)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on July 18th, 2013 @ 1:14pm CDT
Looks like some one shot the shit out of predaking and i have no interest in the other two.

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers IF EX-26R Racing Bros. Retrograde (Runabout)(Runamuck)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime RID Arcee Deluxe Class NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers HUB Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse: MEGATRON (Unopened) Series 1 003" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES DELUXE SOUNDWAVE w/ LASERBEAK MIB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy LEADER CLASS OPTIMUS PRIME NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers IRONWORKS Earthrise War for Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro brand new" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Quintesson Judge Allicon Sharkticon Lot" on EBAY