Takara AA-08 Elita-1 Revealed

Transformers News: Takara AA-08 Elita-1 Revealed

Thursday, July 1st, 2010 3:51PM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 74,777

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

It's something you're probably used too by now, but on occasion, Takara figures generally differ from those of Hasbro. In Hasbro's Hunt For the Decepticons line, we'll be getting an Elita-1 figure, a black and maroon repaint of Chromia. Takara's Autobot Alliance toyline, which mirrors HFTD, will also be releasing an Elita-1. However as Energon Pub member gigasteam points out, this version of Elita-1 will be a repaint of Arcee, and still does not match Elita-1's live action movie colorscheme. Check out the listing over at BBTS!

Image

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): BigBadToyStore, gigasteam
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara AA-08 Elita-1 Revealed (1092950)
Posted by Blurrz on July 1st, 2010 @ 3:54pm CDT
..And all the bike sister fanboys headdesk.
Re: Takara AA-08 Elita-1 Revealed (1092955)
Posted by It Is Him on July 1st, 2010 @ 4:07pm CDT
Combiner Ruh Roh.
Re: Takara AA-08 Elita-1 Revealed (1092965)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on July 1st, 2010 @ 4:18pm CDT
That's better, a little modifying and it could work.
Re: Takara AA-08 Elita-1 Revealed (1092968)
Posted by tfgeek4life on July 1st, 2010 @ 4:26pm CDT
What? that has to be one of the worst repaints ever. Not the right color. Hasbro looks much better. :sad:
Re: Takara AA-08 Elita-1 Revealed (1092985)
Posted by CybertronHotShot on July 1st, 2010 @ 5:35pm CDT
Oh boy... they don`t combine. :-( :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Takara AA-08 Elita-1 Revealed (1092987)
Posted by dragons on July 1st, 2010 @ 5:43pm CDT
looks somewhat better i would perfer this repaint than than the hasbro one ill have to wait for mor eimages

:lol: must say this though if someone does decide to combine all 3 how will the combine form will look with 2 right arms or 2 left arms

if all 3 reall do combine
Re: Takara AA-08 Elita-1 Revealed (1092992)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on July 1st, 2010 @ 5:54pm CDT
Wow. This is more suck than a black hole, a hoover vacuum and Dragonball: Evolution combined.
Re: Takara AA-08 Elita-1 Revealed (1093055)
Posted by Zeds on July 1st, 2010 @ 8:38pm CDT
What a mess of a mould! Looks like she was in an accident and was put back together by a blind man!
Re: Takara AA-08 Elita-1 Revealed (1093062)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on July 1st, 2010 @ 8:58pm CDT
Are you kidding me?? This is like a horrible joke. It's a repaint and you can't pick the right color? Purple, dammit, purple!
Re: Takara AA-08 Elita-1 Revealed (1093091)
Posted by Leviathan on July 1st, 2010 @ 10:17pm CDT
God, why can't we just have a slight remold, a movie-accurate repaint and a new head for Elita-1 from Arcee? E1 looks alot like RC in both concept art, comics, and in the actual movie. :CON: :G2CON: :PREDACON: :VEHI: :TRANSCON:
Re: Takara AA-08 Elita-1 Revealed (1093380)
Posted by T-Macksimus on July 2nd, 2010 @ 12:07pm CDT
Seems like both Hasbro AND Takara decided to serve up an order of Don't-Give-A-Sh** with a side of Lazy Sauce. I'm rather surprised at this. It usually just Hasbro that does it. Makes me a bit more skeptical than usual as to whether or not all the stuff hyped at Bot-Con is going to make it down the pipe to the rest of us in the manner it's supposed to.
Re: Takara AA-08 Elita-1 Revealed (1093387)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 2nd, 2010 @ 12:29pm CDT
Well this is an odd one indeed. Real question is, who repainted the right mold for the combination and will either support the combo mode?
Re: Takara AA-08 Elita-1 Revealed (1093422)
Posted by Mkall on July 2nd, 2010 @ 1:51pm CDT
Oh Takara, you so silly...
Re: Takara AA-08 Elita-1 Revealed (1094650)
Posted by hpfabe on July 6th, 2010 @ 8:59am CDT
It is just so blatant that the first two figures were released without any plan on how all three should combine. They just slapped on a combining section and said they'd figure it out later.
Re: Takara AA-08 Elita-1 Revealed (1094652)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 6th, 2010 @ 9:04am CDT
hpfabe wrote:It is just so blatant that the first two figures were released without any plan on how all three should combine. They just slapped on a combining section and said they'd figure it out later.


It's plausible that it was considered and the pieces were made, but it was aborted at the last minute. Remnants can then still be found in the figure, much like Universe Galvatron's aborted third mode. I guess the third bike mold was deemed too expensive for a character with little screen time, at least with a repaint you can cash in more.
Re: Takara AA-08 Elita-1 Revealed (1095468)
Posted by hpfabe on July 8th, 2010 @ 1:14pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
hpfabe wrote:It is just so blatant that the first two figures were released without any plan on how all three should combine. They just slapped on a combining section and said they'd figure it out later.


It's plausible that it was considered and the pieces were made, but it was aborted at the last minute. Remnants can then still be found in the figure, much like Universe Galvatron's aborted third mode. I guess the third bike mold was deemed too expensive for a character with little screen time, at least with a repaint you can cash in more.


I understand the financial reasoning behind doing it, but it still seems like a big disrespect to the fans.
Re: Takara AA-08 Elita-1 Revealed (1095472)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 8th, 2010 @ 1:21pm CDT
hpfabe wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
hpfabe wrote:It is just so blatant that the first two figures were released without any plan on how all three should combine. They just slapped on a combining section and said they'd figure it out later.


It's plausible that it was considered and the pieces were made, but it was aborted at the last minute. Remnants can then still be found in the figure, much like Universe Galvatron's aborted third mode. I guess the third bike mold was deemed too expensive for a character with little screen time, at least with a repaint you can cash in more.


I understand the financial reasoning behind doing it, but it still seems like a big disrespect to the fans.


Yeah, Hasbro should cater only to us fans, and not the kids who buy them and break them in a few years time :P
Re: Takara AA-08 Elita-1 Revealed (1095480)
Posted by hpfabe on July 8th, 2010 @ 1:34pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
hpfabe wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
hpfabe wrote:It is just so blatant that the first two figures were released without any plan on how all three should combine. They just slapped on a combining section and said they'd figure it out later.


It's plausible that it was considered and the pieces were made, but it was aborted at the last minute. Remnants can then still be found in the figure, much like Universe Galvatron's aborted third mode. I guess the third bike mold was deemed too expensive for a character with little screen time, at least with a repaint you can cash in more.


I understand the financial reasoning behind doing it, but it still seems like a big disrespect to the fans.


Yeah, Hasbro should cater only to us fans, and not the kids who buy them and break them in a few years time :P


As a father of 3 boys between 11 and 15, who have been Transformers fans pretty much their whole lives (and have played with and broken most of the G1 toys I kept since I was a kid), I can tell you that 2 of them were really waiting expectantly for the third bike, since they share my love of bikes and they love the movies and combiners, and they were sorely disappointed and annoyed yesterday when I showed them the pic of Elita-1. They have no love of repaints, lol. One of them said "Well, if we had known it was just going to be a different color, we could've just bought two of her a year ago and combined them then..."
Re: Takara AA-08 Elita-1 Revealed (1095489)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on July 8th, 2010 @ 1:51pm CDT
What bothers me the most is they don't even need to make an entirely new mold. All they need to do is retool the Arcee mold, which they've done with several others. Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Lockdown, Ironhide, and Optimus Prime have all gotten their molds tweaked in some way, why not do the same for Elita-1?

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers RiD Action Figure Leader Class 8" Cybertron Optimus Prime 2004 - Time Remaining: 23 days 22 hours 59 minutes 18 seconds
65840 TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS DECEPTICON SCOURGE Hasbro MISB IN STOCK - Time Remaining: 3 days 21 hours 9 minutes 34 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-13 Soundwave & Laserbeak - Time Remaining: 3 days 23 hours 9 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers Hasbro Movies 4 Age of Extinction AOE Deluxe Lamborghini Lockdown - Time Remaining: 2 days 19 hours 10 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers Mail Order Henkei Clear Mirage No box complete Takaratomy - Time Remaining: 2 days 7 hours 11 minutes 59 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers United UN-27 Windcharger VS Decepticon Wipe-Out Figures - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 15 minutes 30 seconds
The Loyal Subjects Transformers 8"  Shockwave Vinyl Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 16 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers FOC Platinum Grimlock & Bruticus Maximus Combaticon Combiner SET - Time Remaining: 5 days 22 hours 17 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017
Twincast / Podcast #186:
"NYCC 2017"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, October 16th, 2017
Website Security Test