Third-Party SD Optimus Prime Prototype Images

Third-Party SD Optimus Prime Prototype Images

Sunday, January 1st, 2012 1:37am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 52,319

We have some new prototype images of the third-party SD Optimus Prime that was announced in early December. The images mirrored below were taken at a recent trade show and posted to the TEKMEN weibo page. Despite his extreme proportions the figure does appear to transform (looks like there is considerable "parts-forming"), has multiple hands, and comes with a trailer.

Credit(s): TEKMEN

Re: Third-Party SD Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1329285)
Posted by dinogeist on January 1st, 2012 @ 2:01am CST
Rated X wrote:Not my thing. Maybe cute for my girlfriend, but not for me. What does "SD" stand for ???

1. Stupid Dummy
2. Slightly Deformed
3. Seriously Demented
4. My next guess to too "Rated X" to type here so use your imagination...

No thanks,not for me either.

I think the abbreviation "SD" comes from the Gundam toy line & means "Super-deformed". in other words hasbro's TF toys equivelant when the artist/designers create TF body parts or limbs shorter or bigger than they should be. example: Classics 2.0 ultra sized powerglides toy extremly long robot legs,super tiny torso,short arms & over sized robot head.
Re: Third-Party SD Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1329302)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on January 1st, 2012 @ 5:31am CST

EDIT: That is kinda, an unfair comparison, I must admit. :lol:
Re: Third-Party SD Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1329323)
Posted by RhA on January 1st, 2012 @ 6:44am CST
This thing is growing on me.
Re: Third-Party SD Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1329399)
Posted by BeastProwl on January 1st, 2012 @ 10:56am CST
SD hasn't stood for Super Deformed since like, the 80's. I Guess I'm the only one here that knows SD stands for Superior Defender
He's our last hope! And he's so Kawaii!
:grin:
Re: Third-Party SD Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1329400)
Posted by BeastProwl on January 1st, 2012 @ 10:59am CST
cannonfodder4000 wrote:Parts-forming? I ain't care, you can't look that good without there being some kind of catch, which is more than I can say to the likes of, y'know, Omega Supreme. :P

EDIT: That is kinda, an unfair comparison, I must admit. :lol:

You probably must remove the head. That, or the parts you see are accesories...
What I want to know is, are we getting an SD Megatron?
Knowing currernt hype, we'd probably get an SD bumbles first, if we get any more at all. Still, we can rest assured it's G1 styled!
Re: Third-Party SD Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1329457)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on January 1st, 2012 @ 1:53pm CST
BeastProwl wrote:

EDIT: That is kinda, an unfair comparison, I must admit. :lol:

You probably must remove the head. That, or the parts you see are accesories...
What I want to know is, are we getting an SD Megatron?

Oooh, I'd so buy an SD Megs, especially if it's by the same guys who're doing this dude, and if he had like, alternate expressions and stuff, like Nendoroids or the Masterpiece Seekers.

On the subject of SD Bumbles though, there already is one, as rare, expensive, and untransformable as it is.
Re: Third-Party SD Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1340689)
Posted by El Duque on January 31st, 2012 @ 11:04am CST
The Planet Iacon facebook page has posted color prototype images of the third-party SD Optimus Prime that has been showing up over the last few months. Not much is know about this little guy at the moment. Images mirrored below.

Re: Third-Party SD Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1340694)
Posted by AnimeFreak505 on January 31st, 2012 @ 11:20am CST
love the color this thing is really growing on me :WRECK:
Re: Third-Party SD Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1340696)
Posted by Erailea on January 31st, 2012 @ 11:21am CST
He so adorable <3

I wonder how much they're going to charge for him though... That'll determine whether or not I make him my 1st 3rd party figure.
Re: Third-Party SD Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1340698)
Posted by mattyc1007 on January 31st, 2012 @ 11:26am CST
SWEEEEEEEET

Who's an angry little prime? :grin:
Re: Third-Party SD Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1340701)
Posted by dedcat on January 31st, 2012 @ 11:28am CST
That is a perfect piece of kibble for my work desk.
Re: Third-Party SD Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1340730)
Posted by Vicalliose on January 31st, 2012 @ 12:19pm CST
Woah. Am I actually- *pats mouth* drooling over this?

Looks incredibly like it fell out of Super Robot Wars.
Re: Third-Party SD Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1340740)
Posted by UltraPrimal on January 31st, 2012 @ 12:52pm CST
Daaaahhhh!! Look at the wittle Optimus! SO CUTE!

Re: Third-Party SD Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1340750)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on January 31st, 2012 @ 1:13pm CST
Oh man, I gotta have this little guy! he so puts Primars to shame! :D

UltraPrimal wrote:I wonder if this will see sales. It has the Autobot symbol on it. Whether it's molded or painted or just stickered on, either way, that alone could mean this may not see any sort of sales. Hasbro is very protective about that kind of thing.

Well, they should be, but SuperAlloy Wheelie has Transformers and Autobot written on his box, not to mention he comes with Autobot, Decepticon, and Elite Guard stickers, and Hasbro's non the wiser. :oops:
Re: Third-Party SD Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1340764)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 31st, 2012 @ 1:47pm CST
There have been a lot of TF purchases that I had to talk myself into or find ways to justify. Shoot, it took me a few months to convince myself I should get a $10.00 Wal-Mart exclusive deluxe class Movie Optimus Prime. I'd drop $30.00 on this thing without so much as a second thought or a moments worth of hesitation, so here's hoping that his price range goes no higher than that. Anything over and I'll actually have to talk myself into this purchase. I already know the purchase is going to happen it's just a matter of how much I'm going to have to lie to myself about whether I need it or not. 8-}
Re: Third-Party SD Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1340766)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on January 31st, 2012 @ 1:49pm CST
cannonfodder4000 wrote:Oh man, I gotta have this little guy! he so puts Primars to shame! :D

Perhaps in robot mode but this guy has nothing on Primars in alt mode.
Re: Third-Party SD Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1340807)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on January 31st, 2012 @ 3:00pm CST
LOST Cybertronian wrote:

Perhaps in robot mode but this guy has nothing on Primars in alt mode.

True, but even if he had a better alt mode, I still don't think I'd transform him that much cause of his awesome robot mode. :P
Re: Third-Party SD Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1340811)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 31st, 2012 @ 3:13pm CST
Holy sh*t, that looks amazing. :shock:

He's so cute and yet so angry.
Re: Third-Party SD Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1340872)
Posted by jamiko on January 31st, 2012 @ 5:26pm CST
Love this little dude, just hope he not too expensive.
Re: Third-Party SD Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1341037)
Posted by Vicalliose on February 1st, 2012 @ 9:07am CST
LOST Cybertronian wrote:

Perhaps in robot mode but this guy has nothing on Primars in alt mode.

For something like this, I think I don't care if it Transforms at all...

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Bumblebee Roar and Rescue 100% Complete Rescan Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Blades the Rescue Dinobot Roar 100% Complete Mini Dinos Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Chase the Rescue Dinobot Roar 100% Complete Mini Dinos Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction AoE Deluxe Dinobot Scorn - COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction STRAFE Complete Deluxe Dinobot AOE" on EBAY
Buy "Jada 2016 Chevy Camaro BUMBLEBEE Transformers Diecast 1:32 scale" on EBAY
Buy "Rare Transformers Robots in Disguise 12" Titan Heroes Steeljaw Epic Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Jada Hollywood Rides G1 Transformers Optimus Prime 1:32 Diecast Car NEW!" on EBAY